Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #681
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
One glance at these comparisons is all I need to swear off Rubio forever -- dude is trash, no matter what the price... That 37.4% FG would send Dirk straight into retirement.
He doesn't have it to be a starter in this league. Minnesota scouted an overrated international player.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #682
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

So the knicks are interested in Noah too. How the hell could they afford Parsons, Melo, Rose, and Noah? Not to mention the potential bigger contract with Prizongas guy.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #683
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.... Rubio went from being pretty overrated as a prospect to bring really underrated as a veteran. I'd take him over any other available PG, that's for sure. Wolves were 8ppg better with him per 100 possessions. He's an elite point guard.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #684
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I really thought this would be the year of continuity. Forgetting money, I thought the Mavs would say you know what, FA is a shitshow, lets bring back as many of our own as possible and swing for one big FA (Whiteside or Howard).

At least you have a pitch to FA if you bring everyone back.
There is no continuity when the team struggled in most categories and dealt with a myriad of injuries. The injuries especially made any sort of team gelling impossible. That's why I complained about it after the season ended and got flamed for it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:40 PM   #685
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Funny. People always want a total revamp of the roster "for Dirk" and yet they also complain about lack of continuity. Maybe the two are related.

Yes we want continuity, but we want it with pieces that actually fit. Parsons is a poor rebounding 4 who wants to be overpaid. He doesn't fit (which I think most would agree). Wes has a great attitude but is a very poor rebounder and coming off a major injury. He's a complimentary piece, not a cornerstone. Obviously if we pulled off the Deandre move having both Parsons and Wes would make a lot more sense. Once again if we're looking at losing out on all Whiteside/ Conley/ Parsons what is the point of retaining a 30 year old Wes? In the hopes that 2017 we land a starting point and center that'll suit our strengths/ weaknesses?

Edit: FWIW I too think Wes for Rubio would be lateral at best, but my point still stands. Wes isn't a cornerstone and there's no point having him on the roster if we're not looking at a team that will be competing in May.

Last edited by tap2390; 06-26-2016 at 01:44 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #686
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Wesley Matthews played 63% of his mavs minutes this season at the 3.
Dwill played 63% of his Mavs minutes this season at the 2.

Personally I'm hoping that only 1 pg is on the floor at any given time. I'm also hoping that Simba + whoever else we sign at the wing cuts wes's time at the 3 at least by half of that absurd number. Our top 3 bench players in terms of minutes were Felton, JJ, and Harris. Injuries played their role but the roster was constructed in a way that we were going to have to play small even when healthy.

As far as Wes goes I think it's as simple as needing better talent around him. Due to injuries we were needing him to do something last year he shouldn't be doing... and that's playing the role of a #2 and sadly when it was really bad, a #1 scoring option. I am optimistic(take that EL!) that Wes would improve if we could somehow keep him primarily at the 2 and keep him as no more than a 3rd scoring option. Of course the problem with that is if we are talking pipe dream of Whiteside and Conley then neither of them are #1 or even #2 guys. Conley maybe could but by all accounts he is a pass first pg, which itself will help get Wes good looks but we do need some guys who can score.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #687
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

It seems if we can just sign Whiteside and resign Parsons and Williams then we maintain continuity and still improve over last season. If Whiteside gets virtually squeezed out of Miami, and Cuban is able to convince him, I don't see much difference in that situation than signing DJ last season.

I'm holding out hope thinking Cuban can entice Whiteside and I don't really care how much we pay Parsons if Whiteside is committed because there won't be many better options.

If all healthy...
Williams/Barea
Matthews/Harris
Parsons/Anderson
Dirk/Powell/Evans
Whiteside/Mejri/Hammons/McGee

...isn't a bad situation.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-26-2016 at 04:22 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #688
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
It seems if we can just sign Whiteside and resign Parsons and Williams then we maintain continuity and still improve over last season. If Whiteside gets virtually squeezed out of Miami, and Cuban is able to convince him, I don't see much difference in that situation than signing DJ last season.

I'm holding out hope thinking Cuban can entice Whiteside and I don't really care how much we pay Parsons if Whiteside is committed because there won't be many better options.

If all healthy...
Williams/Barea
Matthews/Harris
Parsons/Anderson
Dirk/Powell/Evans

Replace McGee and Evans with Terry and Mirza Teletovic.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #689
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
McGee and Evans are both under contract next season, so it's not that simple.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #690
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
McGee and Evans are both under contract next season, so it's not that simple.
Trade for cash or some future draft pick. Any word about them since we drafted another center? This is depending on if Whiteside signs. It would be totally different if we get Howard instead. Cause then i'd want to keep McGee.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:03 PM   #691
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trade for cash or some future draft pick. Any word about them since we drafted another center? This is depending on if Whiteside signs. It would be totally different if we get Howard instead. Cause then i'd want to keep McGee.
Dude, you can't talk about the 14/15th man on our roster when we still don't have a starting lineup... You're getting WAAAAY ahead of yourself.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #692
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Dude, you can't talk about the 14/15th man on our roster when we still don't have a starting lineup... You're getting WAAAAY ahead of yourself.
Right but the reasoning is to free up more cap space. I'd love it if we could have Terry be our 15th man.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #693
Underdog

Quote:
Right but the reasoning is to free up more cap space. I'd love it if we could have Terry be our 15th man.
Why?

I'm not trying to be negative here, but it really seems like you're just throwing out names from a FA list to see what sticks...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-26-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #694
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Why?

I'm not trying to be negative here, but it really seems like you're just throwing out names from a FA list to see what sticks...
No I just have a list of players who I think could mesh right away. It's not like I'm trying hard to get Harrison Barnes though...
Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #695
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree we'd need to add another 3pt shooter to that roster but I'd give Jenkins another opportunity before bringing back a 39 yo JET.

But the main point is the core and bench...that team should be better than last season when you consider the continuity factor and adding an all-star caliber defensive beast in the paint.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #696
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
No I just have a list of players who I think could mesh right away. It's not like I'm trying hard to get Harrison Barnes though...
Yes Barnes go!
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #697
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree we'd need to add another 3pt shooter to that roster but I'd give Jenkins another opportunity before bringing back a 39 yo JET.
Wonder what Kings were wanting when they were calling people shopping Ben McLemore. Because I could be down for adding a former top 10 pick who is 23 yrs old and labeled as a bust. RC has done magic with guys like that.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #698
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If all healthy...
Williams/Barea
Matthews/Harris
Parsons/Anderson
Dirk/Powell/Evans

Exactly how i feel.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #699
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Wonder what Kings were wanting when they were calling people shopping Ben McLemore. Because I could be down for adding a former top 10 pick who is 23 yrs old and labeled as a bust. RC has done magic with guys like that.
I'm wondering if they would have any interest in Powell. Would love to add McLemore because I agree that Rick could probably work with him and he would be a decent fit in our system. Ben seems to be the type that would flourish more with veterans and a good play-making PG than with a rebuilding group of knuckleheads.

I'm sure they would want a future pick for him though. I'd consider giving up our 2017 pick in the right deal but only if we land Conley and/or Whiteside in free agency.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-26-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #700
yahyes
Banned

Quote:

But the main point is the core and bench...that team should be better than last season when you consider the continuity factor and adding an all-star caliber defensive beast in the paint.
Jenkins never even got added into a playoff team. I mean after he left Dallas, there wasn't much production he did outside of playing here. Terry is a better far end bench player if he played with Dallas one last time. If we need some scoring put in Terry. But this can be based on if Whiteside or Howard sign with Dallas.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #701
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can it be Friday already?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #702
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Can it be Friday already?
This is definitely going to be an agonizing week with little bits of info leaked every day. And my mood swings directly affected by how quickly I can jerk my knee.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #703
yahyes
Banned

Lance Stephenson is free. He could be a bargain to grab playing off the bench. Who knows how he would play in the Mavs system. What can make it more interesting is for Donnie to see if Conley would be up for that idea bringing in a teammate from last season. There was a time we wanted Stephenson too. But now he's still young and can play multiple positions. He just doesn't like being the first option to score. I bet Carlisle could try to work with him getting his coordination back.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #704
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind Stephenson for cheap. Certainly not 9 mill.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #705
yahyes
Banned

He can easily replace Evans if Donnie somehow trades him. Or Felton if he leaves. I don't think price would matter that much if we have Whiteside and Conley especially.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #706
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Lance Stephenson here on something like a 2/16 deal. He played extremely well for the Grizzlies last season.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #707
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Would love Lance Stephenson here on something like a 2/16 deal. He played extremely well for the Grizzlies last season.
He did well for knowing what his role is latter towards the season. If we can just get his defensive game back and inside slashing to score. It's intriguing.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #708
Underdog

@Michael_Lark: Grizzles decline Lance Stephenson's $9.4M option per @ShamsCharania. Reportedly had agreement w/ Mavs back in '14 before they landed Parsons

Old 06-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #709
Underdog

@CBSSportsNBA: Report: Heat, Raptors, Mavericks, Nets, Magic among Jamal Crawford’s suitors in free agency http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cl...n-free-agency/

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #710
yahyes
Banned

I was thinking about if they try to go after Crawford. He still has another season left in the tank to score off the bench. If we get Conley and Whiteside. I bet he'd jump on board no matter the price.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #711
Melonhead
Guru

Regardless of what happens with Conley/Whiteside, based on previous dealings, I could see Lance in Dallas. He wouldnt be a bad backup plan for the right amount and as long as he's ready to work with Carlisle. EDIT: Assuming Parsons goes elsewhere

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-28-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #712
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Very strong read from FO turned Writer Bobby Marks, even taking a guess at Free Agents eventual contracts..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-o...184619006.html

of parsons :

Quote:
(12) SF Chandler Parsons
After missing consecutive postseasons with a right knee injury, Parsons’ price tag would be similar to Batum’s had he had stayed healthy.

Parsons should find the $16 million salary he opted out of in Dallas to be comparable to what he might get with Dallas or another team.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #713
Melonhead
Guru

That link also has Howard to expect a 12-14m range. Feels a tad short.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #714
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am curious to see if all of these guys are getting max contracts as reported.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #715
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Way short. Howard's not getting less than 20
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #716
Underdog

Dwight Howard grants Hawks, Celtics first free-agency meetings

Sounds like the Mavs still aren't in the mix...

Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #717
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I guess it really does not matter either. Unless Howard gets max from Celtics or Hawks, he probably will wait for Whiteside to decide where he ends up. Hard to believe that Howard would accept not a max deal before Whiteside has made up his mind.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #718
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I guess it really does not matter either. Unless Howard gets max from Celtics or Hawks, he probably will wait for Whiteside to decide where he ends up. Hard to believe that Howard would accept not a max deal before Whiteside has made up his mind.
This is a really good call. Unless one of those two teams maxes out Dwight (which I strongly doubt, as Atlanta still probably has some designs on bringing Horford back, and Ainge doesn't really have a long record of overpaying older players), we should still be able to get a meeting with Dwight if we miss out on Whiteside.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #719
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:

Boston Globe reporter Adam Himmelsbach:
Quote:
‏@AdamHimmelsbach
Regarding Dwight Howard, hearing that right now Celtics have no plans for aggressive pursuit. Will always listen to see if a price is right.
That's kind of the vibe I get from Atlanta too... they'd love to have him at the right kind of contract (maybe even less than $20M) but aren't looking to pay him $30M+. I still think he'll get an offer pretty close to that max, like $26M+ per year for at least 3 years, but I don't get the impression right now that there are 5-10 teams eyeing him at a max contract.

Though FWIW, I'd be okay with paying him his near-max if we lose out on Whiteside.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-29-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #720
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If Howard can be had at 20 mil, then you definitely consider that. Still don't think the FO wants him though.