Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #681
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Take the pro-Spurs bitching over to Spurstalk.
What if you've already been banned over there?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #682
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm saying is that it is not clear to me who waved who off, who jerked who off, who sucked who off...you get the idea.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #683
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I agree that playing great isn't that important right now, but I find it awkward that the top of the west is playing this way right now (save the Mavs I guess), hopefully the Spurs peaked too early this year
I don't see how it's awkward, Spurs are 8-2 in their last 10 games, better than anyone in their last 10, and are 2-0 vs LA.

They're 8 games ahead of the #2 seed, so if they get a little complacent you'll have to forgive them.

And dirkistan, that's a hella weak post considering this is the general NBA forum. Dtownsfinest knows what's up.

And that TP shot was a point blank layup, was stunned he missed it.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #684
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Bull S**t. Quit trying to cover your ass because you hadn't watched the play when you commented. LBJ clearly waved him off, and Wade was WIDE open, not a guy within 5 feet of him. Hmmm...so I guess Miller is just going to decide to pass it to LBJ who is tightly covered and precariously close to being out of bounds over a WIDE open teammate. Right. Okay.
I watched the play live and after I read your post ( but before I commented) I went back and dissected it with the DVR. You on the other hand thought James Jones, not Mike Miller, inbounded the ball on the play.

Wade was wide open but that's on the passer.

You made a bad point...it happens.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #685
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What if you've already been banned over there?
Could always pull a Cadbane.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #686
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper View Post
I don't see how it's awkward, Spurs are 8-2 in their last 10 games, better than anyone in their last 10, and are 2-0 vs LA.

They're 8 games ahead of the #2 seed, so if they get a little complacent you'll have to forgive them.

And dirkistan, that's a hella weak post considering this is the general NBA forum. Dtownsfinest knows what's up.

And that TP shot was a point blank layup, was stunned he missed it.
I don't think wins and losses is that huge for San Antionio, LA, and Dallas as much as how well they are playing even with the 6 game win streak I feel Dallas will need to play better (mainly rebound save Ny game) anybody that has watched SA lately compared to there first 35 games or so, sees that they aren't playing with the same rythym and aren't getting the open shots they were earlier in the year
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #687
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
I don't think wins and losses is that huge for San Antionio, LA, and Dallas as much as how well they are playing even with the 6 game win streak I feel Dallas will need to play better (mainly rebound save Ny game) anybody that has watched SA lately compared to there first 35 games or so, sees that they aren't playing with the same rythym and aren't getting the open shots they were earlier in the year
Well, naturally teams are going to adjust as the season wears on. The Spurs offense took everyone by surprise, especially with players like Neal and what not, but now everyone seems to be getting up for them. Even if the Spurs aren't shooting as well as they did when the season began, their defense has come a long way since then, top 6 in the league right now (not as good as Dallas's obviously), and to me that's more important. And it's not like they've slowed down in pace, I mean if you're going to go 41-8 while playing above average only, then it'd be scary to see this team reach their potential.

Best of luck to you guys, you're looking much better now that Dirk is feeling better. Would be great to have another playoff series, as those are usually classic between the two teams
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #688
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

It means when Miller looked in Wade's direction, LBJ brushed his arm and shook his head. It's fairly straight forward, he did it even more demonstrably on the previous inbounds (in which the ensuing fts gave LBJ point #50....)
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #689
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean get banned for doing the same thing other posters do while they go unscathed due to a flawed and unjust bias by TPTB?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 AM   #690
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I watched the play live and after I read your post ( but before I commented) I went back and dissected it with the DVR. You on the other hand thought James Jones, not Mike Miller, inbounded the ball on the play.

Wade was wide open but that's on the passer.

You made a bad point...it happens.
You sure do like talking out of your ass, don't you? I made a point to note that I couldn't really recall who inbounded it.

* It's not on the passer. WHY do you think MM didn't pass it to a WIDE open Wade? Is he stupid? Is he blind? No. LBJ clearly demanded the ball despite being tightly covered. Miller even looked at Wade first and then hesitated. Use some common sense.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-04-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #691
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

So in summary you weren't paying close enough attention to know if the inbounder was white or black but you do know that in a split second Lebron non-verbally communicated to Miller (or Jones) that under no circumstances was he to throw the ball to an open Wade because Lebron needed 53 (51 wasn't enough). And, you're going to stick with this despite the fact that since the play was reviewed by the refs TNT showed multiple angles, none of which show Lebron waving off Wade or Miller even looking in Wade's direction.

ok
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #692
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol true. it's obviously effective.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #693
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
So in summary you weren't paying close enough attention to know if the inbounder was white or black but you do know that in a split second Lebron non-verbally communicated to Miller (or Jones) that under no circumstances was he to throw the ball to an open Wade because Lebron needed 53 (51 wasn't enough). And, you're going to stick with this despite the fact that since the play was reviewed by the refs TNT showed multiple angles, none of which show Lebron waving off Wade or Miller even looking in Wade's direction.

ok

Exept it clearly did show that. Ok.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-04-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #694
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
While watching tonights games I wonder why NBA referees tend to make the most out of their calls. One example is an offensive foul call by the referee standing at the baseline who typically storms two or three steps onto the court before announcing the foul. Never saw such profiling on other american sports.

Occasionally reminds me of how it would look on a soccer field:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQY5...eature=related
Don't know which game or play you're talking about, but I'm sure the ref was Joey Crawford.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #695
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Cad, sorry man, but you don't have a leg to stand on here.

After "The Decision", i have become one of the biggest Lebron haters out there. But he absolutely did not wave off Miller/Wade/anybody.

he did what EVERY basketball player is taught to do in that situation - go TO the ball, present your hands where you want the pass, to make it easier on the inbounder.

That turnover is 98% Miller's fault. he should have passed to Wade, he should have seen Richardson coming up on Lebron.

Lebron does own the other 2% of the blame, simply because he should have blocked Richardson with his body while coming back to the ball.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-04-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #696
CadBane
Banned

Watch the inbounds play before that one where LBJ needed the FTS for point #50. Go back and watch that whole play and tell me what you see. Watch carefully.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #697
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i don't care about the play before. No one does. We are talking about the last play, where the turnover occurred. The play you originally brought up. Lebron didn't pull the ball out of Miller's hands using the force.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #698
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I see the same thing. Just a guy going to the ball and being an option.

I wish it was something I could hate him for. But it's not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #699
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean get banned for doing the same thing other posters do while they go unscathed due to a flawed and unjust bias by TPTB?
I think this is my favorite d-m motif. Perfected by creditXpert himself.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #700
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy in the 1st

9min
0-1 FG
0p
0r
9a

lol
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #701
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think this is my favorite d-m motif. Perfected by creditXpert himself.
Are you implying that I'm another poster? You pulled this shtick last year and a mod called you out on the I.P. address. I dk even know who the f**k that is.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #702
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
i don't care about the play before. No one does. We are talking about the last play, where the turnover occurred. The play you originally brought up. Lebron didn't pull the ball out of Miller's hands using the force.
This is the last I'll say on the subject.

And the previous play is germane, regardless if you care or not, because it set precedent for THIS play. Miller looked at Wade, Wade was wide open. LBJ shook his head. Said something (I'm not a lip reader, but context, people) and Miller forced a pass to a highly contested LBJ over a wide open Wade. You do the math.

I guess you guys just think MM is the Helen Keller of the NBA and couldn't see a wide open Wade, despite looking right at him. That's your take, okay.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #703
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you implying that I'm another poster? You pulled this shtick last year and a mod called you out on the I.P. address. I dk even know who the f**k that is.
No, I'm not implying that at all. And no, I didn't ever say that about you. And no, a mod never "called me out" about anyone's IP address. 0-3.

It's clear you're not him because you are much more intelligent than him. But you do the same "unfair persecution" bit, which is just too funny for so, so many reasons.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #704
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is the last I'll say on the subject.

And the previous play is germane, regardless if you care or not, because it set precedent for THIS play. Miller looked at Wade, Wade was wide open. LBJ shook his head. Said something (I'm not a lip reader, but context, people) and Miller forced a pass to a highly contested LBJ over a wide open Wade. You do the math.

I guess you guys just think MM is the Helen Keller of the NBA and couldn't see a wide open Wade, despite looking right at him. That's your take, okay.
No one said miller didn't see wade - he obviously did. But he made the decision to pass to lebron because lebron was physically closer to him. He looked at wade, then saw lebron approaching from the right. In miller's mind, he thought the lebron pass was the better play, as he was closer. And it would have been the better play, if Richardson were not closing fast on lebron. Miller didn't see Richardson, so he made the pass to lebron. It's miller's job as the inbounder to see Richardson.

I've seen plays like this thousands of times, and been involved in them while playing as well. This was nothing out of the ordinary. Miller made a poor decision, lebron didn't protect the ball, and Richardson made a great play. Nothing more.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #705
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
No one said miller didn't see wade - he obviously did. But he made the decision to pass to lebron because lebron was physically closer to him. He looked at wade, then saw lebron approaching from the right. In miller's mind, he thought the lebron pass was the better play, as he was closer. And it would have been the better play, if Richardson were not closing fast on lebron. Miller didn't see Richardson, so he made the pass to lebron. It's miller's job as the inbounder to see Richardson.

I've seen plays like this thousands of times, and been involved in them while playing as well. This was nothing out of the ordinary. Miller made a poor decision, lebron didn't protect the ball, and Richardson made a great play. Nothing more.
But I'm telling you he that on the play before the same thing happened, and LBJ visibly said something to the inbounder and shook his head. He also said something on that play. I'm saying LBJ didn't want Miller to inbounds it to Wade based on his actions. You didn't see that. I did. Nothing more to say since we clearly saw different things. I've been involved in countless similar plays as well. I played basketball at a pretty high level...but I never played with anyone so narcissistic as LBJ.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #706
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
No, I'm not implying that at all. And no, I didn't ever say that about you. And no, a mod never "called me out" about anyone's IP address. 0-3.

It's clear you're not him because you are much more intelligent than him. But you do the same "unfair persecution" bit, which is just too funny for so, so many reasons.
It was someone who accused me of being that poster and got called out. I thought it was you, if it wasn't, my apologies.

I don't see what's funny about it. I was banned unjustly.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #707
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Iggy in the 1st

9min
0-1 FG
0p
0r
9a

lol
Finished with 18 points and 16 assists. lol

Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #708
LonghornDub

Quote:
It was someone who accused me of being that poster and got called out. I thought it was you, if it wasn't, my apologies.

I don't see what's funny about it. I was banned unjustly.
No, I myself find you to be rather unique.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #709
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
But I'm telling you he that on the play before the same thing happened, and LBJ visibly said something to the inbounder and shook his head. He also said something on that play. I'm saying LBJ didn't want Miller to inbounds it to Wade based on his actions. You didn't see that. I did. Nothing more to say since we clearly saw different things. I've been involved in countless similar plays as well. I played basketball at a pretty high level...but I never played with anyone so narcissistic as LBJ.
Link to the previous play?

I watched the turnover play about 15 times. If lebron said anything, it was a split second to say "mike" or something like that. Although it wasn't evident that he said anything at all.

Dammit, you played at a high level - trumped by a middle school starter!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #710
LonghornDub

Quote:
Dammit, you played at a high level - trumped by a middle school starter!
I can now officially confirm what many have suspected for months: Cad is actually Shawn Bradley.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #711
CadBane
Banned

Chris Dudley, actually!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #712
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Suns got screwed by the refs...well against (of course) the new darlings Thunder
Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #713
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe it was underdog who talked about Memphis sneaking into the playoffs they came back against Orlando and have now won 6 of 7, Im still not sold because we have seen this story with them before, but Conley is playing the point at the highest level of his career, and Sam Young is that perfect glue guy that never does anything stupid or selfish
With Portland's loss tonight, Memphis is now the 8th seed in the West.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #714
CadBane
Banned

Some chippy games today.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #715
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'd like the Thunder to make push for 3rd in the West and have the Lakers finish 4th. Wishful thinking, I guess, but too nice of a scenario to give up on it just yet.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #716
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chris Dudley, actually!
And to think, if only you could hit a damn free-throw! You'd probably be Governor of Oregon today.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #717
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'd like the Thunder to make push for 3rd in the West and have the Lakers finish 4th. Wishful thinking, I guess, but too nice of a scenario to give up on it just yet.
eh, i'm not even afraid of the lakers. the thunder would be just as tough of a matchup imo. durant gets more superstar calls than kobe does nowadays.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #718
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just want to toss in that the Blake play was a sure fire flagrant 2 and I wouldn't be averse to a longer suspension. I don't care if he's going for the ball or not, this game cannot allow someone to full-speed body-block someone else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #719
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Have to say i disagree on the longer suspension. and i'm not even sure on the flagrant call. this was all about the result being worse than the foul, a la stackhouse on joe johnson way back when (we all remember that, and it was rescinded). it was a hard foul no doubt, but a completely legit play.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-05-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #720
sefant77
Guru

Blazers pulling away in the 4th, poor Cavs

Tags
cadqweefsfordragic, return of the quack!