Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #681
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone excited for tonight?

Only 5 more to go.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #682
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. thanks for bumping, flacolaco. I'd forgotten. I'm excited about Monday again.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #683
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Anyone excited for tonight?

Only 5 more to go.
you already smoked all but 5?

wow.

go heroes.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #684
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
you already smoked all but 5?

wow.

go heroes.
didnt you see the "no weird alien postings" sign on the door?

anyway...

As long as I'm here....I was thinking about how great it was to have an entire episode without Nikki/Jessica, and was wondering how good the chances are that maybe they'll just completely forget about her story line, and just never come back to it?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #685
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Tonight, the secret identity of Mr. Linderman will finally be revealed... and that identity will be... MR. MUGGLES!!! (you see, both their names begin with Mr., that's how I figured it out)

Well, maybe not.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #686
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They stuck everyone in a really hard place tonight....everyone is seemingly just screwed and in a bad situation.

I wonder if they'll come out of it alright!!!??

good episode. can't wait to see what peter does.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #687
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

After watching tonight's episode, Peter's dream is starting to make more and more sense.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #688
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
After watching tonight's episode, Peter's dream is starting to make more and more sense.
please elaborate
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 AM   #689
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

so good.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 AM   #690
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Did they say the next new episode is April 23rd?
Crap.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #691
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Did they say the next new episode is April 23rd?
Crap.
They sure did, man... another f'ing 6 week break between episodes, and this time with no warning... was pretty pissed off last night...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #692
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
They sure did, man... another f'ing 6 week break between episodes, and this time with no warning... was pretty pissed off last night...
are you fckng kidding me?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #693
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.... there have been 18 episodes this season so far. A typical season for any show is 24-25 shows. Sweeps are what make money for the networks. The next sweeps season is in May.

So if there are only 6-7 episodes left this season they aren't going to show them when the commercial rates aren't being set.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #694
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Hey guys.... there have been 18 episodes this season so far. A typical season for any show is 24-25 shows. Sweeps are what make money for the networks. The next sweeps season is in May.

So if there are only 6-7 episodes left this season they aren't going to show them when the commercial rates aren't being set.
What does this have to do with my selfish need for resolution and more quality television?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #695
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
are you fckng kidding me?
Nope, April 23rd is the next episode. Sucks.

Good episode tonight. I liked seeing the inner conflict with Nathan.

I also liked that they didn't give Samone some cheesy power all of a sudden and bring her back. I was worried about that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #696
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

holy geez that's 7 weeks...

that's a long time.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #697
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

<3 this show

I agree about Simone, I'm soo glad they didn't give her some power to bring her back.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #698
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad that they didn't bring her back period. I hated that bia.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #699
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

I wonder if the online comic books will continue in the interim.
It'll be a long 7 weeks to wonder about this show.
On the bright side, Jessica/Niki got punched, Ando saved the day, Shuresh almost wasn't a moron, and Sylar and Peter are about to have it out. All that is pretty cool.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #700
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
please elaborate

Well it starts off at Suresh smiling at Peter, then running. To me, he's smiling b/c he saves his life and kills sylar, who isn't in the dream. Then it shows cheerleader walking up to him apologizing. We now probably know how her and Peter combine storylines. Then to top it off, you have Nathan walking out the building with an evil look on his face. He chose to allign himself with Linderman and turns his back on Peter.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #701
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Sylar said "You're like me" to peter....meaing "We are both mutants"? or "We both take the powers of others"?....interesting line.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #702
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Sylar said "You're like me" to peter....meaing "We are both mutants"? or "We both take the powers of others"?....interesting line.
I can't remember if (I'm too lazy to go back and look) we talked about this before, but do we think its possible that Peter absorbed abilities from Sylar that night? maybe all of the abilities he had?

and won't he definitely now that they're all nice and cozy up against that wall?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #703
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh and if you want to read some seriously dorky stuff about Heroes, take about 15 minutes to read throug this...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=9879
Old 03-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #704
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

peter did absorb abilities from Sylar. a few episodes ago, he used telekinesis against invisible guy. they even said something about it "when did you run into someone with telekinesis?" "i met some guy who threw lockers at me."
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #705
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
peter did absorb abilities from Sylar. a few episodes ago, he used telekinesis against invisible guy. they even said something about it "when did you run into someone with telekinesis?" "i met some guy who threw lockers at me."
ohhhhh yeah I forgot about that. good point.

I guess I was mostly thinking about whether or not he got a bunch of abilities from Sylar that he doesn't know that he has yet.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #706
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ohhhhh yeah I forgot about that. good point.

I guess I was mostly thinking about whether or not he got a bunch of abilities from Sylar that he doesn't know that he has yet.
I guess it would depend on whether he still has to think about the person he got the abilities from in order to use them.

In that case you would assume he can only use that one power of Sylar's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #707
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

maybe peter will start cutting Sylar's forehead. Then they can play dueling laser fingers, which is a great game!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #708
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well it starts off at Suresh smiling at Peter, then running. To me, he's smiling b/c he saves his life and kills sylar, who isn't in the dream. Then it shows cheerleader walking up to him apologizing. We now probably know how her and Peter combine storylines. Then to top it off, you have Nathan walking out the building with an evil look on his face. He chose to allign himself with Linderman and turns his back on Peter.

And what about Simone being in that dream? I just thought it was a dream. I didn't think it was a renactment of things that were about to come.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #709
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Great episode. I am so relieved they didn't actually bring Simone back. Also, HRG's new shapeshifter partner is kinda awesome.

7 weeks ARGH!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #710
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's weird. she doesn't just shapeshift. in isaac's apartment, she presented an illusion that simone's body wasn't on the bed...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #711
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

I always assumed Peter's explosion was going to come from taking Ted's power, but now that I think about it, Peter and Ted never met, did they? Am I forgetting? I assume Ted is dead now.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #712
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ted is not dead....of course. They're going to try to find out how he does what he does....and Im sure he'll blow them all up, etc etc

Can Ted heal himself then? or only from radiation? thats a little inconsistent isn't it?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #713
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Oh yeah, I remember now. Claire gave him the tranq shot. Slipped my mind.

I do agree with you Flac about him healing. You saw what Clair looked like, and that was just from temporary exposure. Ted had full on exposure the whole time because, well, it was happening TO HIM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #714
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i think we're supposed to assume that since ted is the source of the nuclear power, it can't actually harm him. he can blow up and still survive (as seen in the comic when he blows up the SWAT van).
Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #715
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

I wonder if Ted has a half-life.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #716
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
And what about Simone being in that dream? I just thought it was a dream. I didn't think it was a renactment of things that were about to come.

That's the part i can't figure out yet. B/c it shows Issac holding her back, and i think he's going to end up dying as well.

~The Salesman
Old 03-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #717
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I would not mourn the loss of Isaac.... I don't think he'll be back next season.

Next season is a topic of much discussion as well. Are any of these people going to be back for next season? The creator said that this story line will be "completely resolved" at the end of season.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #718
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the characters (hiro, peter, HRG, claire, and a few others) BETTER be back next season. Maybe he just meant the whole bomb thing is "completely resolved" and something new will start next season with some of the same cast + new people.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #719
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I would bet money on Hiro and HRG....maybe Peter.

Claire's character is a good rallying point for other characters. She's a lightning rod; there are lots of things happening because her father cares for her, and because Isaac painted her, and apparently everyone related to her are all connected in various ways all the way to the top. All these things happening around her are because of her, but because she exists merely, not because she's making anything happen herself.

She is sort of the common factor in this seasons story line....which is good, because she can't DO ANYTHING. She heals...ok...but she's not useful through actions of her own. I agree that they'll probably bring her back next year, but in what capacity? It can't all be about her again....
Old 03-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #720
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would not mourn the loss of Isaac.... I don't think he'll be back next season.

Next season is a topic of much discussion as well. Are any of these people going to be back for next season? The creator said that this story line will be "completely resolved" at the end of season.
I worry that THE SHOW won't be back next year. Quality shows get canceled every year.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote