Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #681
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
That is what I mean by "surprise." The less time a team sees of actual set plays with Roddy on the court... the better the Mavs are at "surprising" the other team.
That may be true, but if it is, that's still considerably less important than getting him back on the court as quickly as possible (without hurting his long-term health) to get him integrated. That's why I can't agree with what you originally said, which is that the ideal situation would be to get him back as late as possible to surprise people. The ideal situation is making sure he's 100% on his game for the playoffs, which will take time.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #682
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The ideal situation is making sure he's 100% on his game for the playoffs, which will take time.
The ideal situation would him to get all of "He who shall not be named's" minues so therefore he who shall not be named can look like the mini me towel waver next to Cardinal and Novak.

If Roddy plays more than 10 MPG (even in the playoffs) I will be shocked. Savovic level shocked.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-26-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #683
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The ideal situation would him to get all of "He who shall not be named's" minues so therefore he who shall not be named can look like the mini me towel waver next to Cardinal and Novak.

If Roddy plays more than 10 MPG (even in the playoffs) I will be shocked. Savovic level shocked.
From what I hear when i talk to my sources...I think you're in for some disappointment.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #684
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why you would try to have a secret weapon. As we've seen with our own squad to Miami's, it's important to have units, minutes and rotations defined so that people can start getting the best at whatever craft or role they are assigned.

Whatever surprise you could wreck by surprise starting and playing Roddy 30 minutes, you would introduce 30 minutes of disjointedness to your squad.

A secret weapon might be a set play or something but I don't think you go into the playoffs experimenting.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #685
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
From what I hear when i talk to my sources...I think you're in for some disappointment.
I don't even have sources and I can give my ironclad guarantee that the return of Roddy in any capacity will not be the end of Barea's minutes.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #686
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
when i talk to my sources
I don't even know who you are anymore!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #687
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

With the length of time he has missed, this has gone from being irritating to VERY serious.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #688
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't even have sources and I can give my ironclad guarantee that the return of Roddy in any capacity will not be the end of Barea's minutes.
I don't have sources, but I think it's clear why Barea plays as much as he does, game after game. Despite his faults, Barea tries to penetrate almost every single possession. We don't have players who do that. Sure, Butler and Dirk put it on the floor to keep the defenses honest, Marion can get inside on cuts, and Kidd will drive in even if its almost always a kick out, but we are and have been a jump shooting team. Barea gives us a look that may not always be very effective, but is different from anything we have on this team.

How does this relate to Roddy? He can penetrate, and thus, Barea is not as necessary. I'm sure he'll still get minutes, because Roddy is young and at times he will absolutely suck, but Barea's one skill is not unique to the team anymore.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #689
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure he'll still get minutes, because Roddy is young and at times he will absolutely suck, but Barea's one skill is not unique to the team anymore.
Thats sad because Barea absolutly suck at times too.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #690
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1033922.html
Quote:
5. No one knows what to expect from Roddy B, but the hype isn’t only a local phenomenon.

Roddy Beaubois is no longer an anonymous foreign player hiding beneath the radar of opponents. He has been recognized as a special talent loaded with potential. When you speak his name to members of visiting organizations, there is no quizzical raise of the eyebrow, and no questioning stare.

Instead, those I’ve spoken to are keenly aware of his abilities, and of the dramatic impact he could make on this team. Yet, he remains somewhat of an enigma.

Speaking of potential, you’ve heard the story relayed by Nancy Lieberman to Fish with the point being, “Potential means you ain’t done shit.”

This is true. How Roddy B will fit on this roster and in the current rotation is a bit of a mystery. We’ve seen flashes of what he can do, and found ourselves drooling over the possibilities. Yet, in the grand scheme of things, he hasn’t done enough to trust with certainty what he will bring once healthy.

Just as fans dream of the possibilities resting in the talent Roddy B carries, opposing teams either fear or at the least recognize it as a factor that could determine just how far this team can go … and could play a significant role in how much it will differ from those in the past. They see it, but just like the rest of us, they don’t yet know precisely what it will become.

The threat he brings is real in their minds, but it’s yet to be accepted as certainty.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #691
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Thats sad because Barea absolutly suck at times too.
Well, hopefully Barea is only getting minutes when Roddy is sucking, and hopefully then he doesn't suck. If he does suck and Roddy is sucking...play Kidd more?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #692
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Well, hopefully Barea is only getting minutes when Roddy is sucking, and hopefully then he doesn't suck. If he does suck and Roddy is sucking...play Kidd more?
Or more Threevenson!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #693
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Dunno if this has been posted already, but it really makes me miss Roddy so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpxT2Hr2tU8

Last edited by MavsFTR; 12-28-2010 at 12:56 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #694
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Dunno if this has been posted already, but it really makes me miss Roddy so much.

Wow, a YouTube highlight reel that doesn't suck - good music and synchronization (oh, and watching Roddy do his thing doesn't suck either!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #695
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately verboten, because of the music ;-(
Old 12-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #696
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Unfortunately verboten, because of the music ;-(
Go to http://youtubeproxy.org and enjoy...
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #697
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

meh

Quote:
The Mavericks will not get Rodrigue Beaubois back anytime soon, according to Rick Carlisle.

"I'm not going to talk about Roddy's situation until it becomes something imminent," Carlisle told 1310-AM The Ticket in Dallas.

"We're a ways away from that. To get into that stuff and speculate this or that and how it's going to disrupt chemistry is a negative conversation. We have to make sure we can get him healthy. His activity level has been stepped up. Those are all positive things. That's going to be one of those good problems I'm looking forward to having."

Beaubois has missed the entire season with a fractured foot.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz19RLBb4iC
Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #698
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #699
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait til he gets back. I wanna get a Beaubois jersey soon.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #700
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

umm is Roddy still alive?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #701
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
umm is Roddy still alive?
I do not know

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #702
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I really miss Roddy at this point
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #703
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:

you just made me miss roddy more
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #704
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The latest entry on the Mavs blog on ESPN Dallas states Roddy is 3 weeks from playing.

I'd copy and paste the link and article but I'm on my phone.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #705
helmsclam

helmsclam will become famous soon enough

here it is...

Sources: Mavs won't rush to replace Butler
January, 3, 2011
Jan 3
1:18
AM CT

By Marc Stein
The Mavericks don’t plan to rush to the trade market in the wake of Caron Butler’s knee injury, according to sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking.

They might have no choice eventually, but sources say team officials -- convinced since the summer that they’ve assembled one of the league’s deeper teams -- want to give the current roster an opportunity to respond to the loss of Butler before looking at more drastic moves.

The Mavs, for starters, have to confirm the extent of Butler’s injury. They’re certainly bracing for word that Butler has indeed suffered a torn patella tendon in his right knee, given that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle didn’t hesitate to describe the injury as “potentially serious” after it happened Saturday night in Milwaukee. But a firm diagnosis wasn’t expected before Monday.

If the injury proves to be a season-ender, as feared, Dallas will be able to apply to the league for a disabled player exception worth half of Butler’s $10.6 million salary. Such an exception -- if granted after an examination by an independent doctor appointed by the league -- would thus be worth $5.28 million and valid for 45 days to sign or trade for one player whose salary doesn’t exceed that figure.

But first Dallas A) eagerly awaits Dirk Nowitzki’s expected return from a sprained knee this week to get the offense closer to normal looking and B) hopes Shawn Marion can keep stepping in for Butler like he did Sunday night in Cleveland when the former All-Star led the Mavs with 22 points.

The problem there, though, is that asking Marion to play small forward cuts into his minutes at power forward, which has proven to be his more productive position.

Another problem: Dallas could well be forced to go to its three-guard alignment featuring Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and J.J. Barea – with Kidd as the small forward defensively – more than it wants to for scoring without Butler.

The best-case counter to a long-term loss of Butler would obviously be an impactful return to the lineup for second-year guard Roddy Beaubois, who can’t play small forward but has the dynamic offensive ability to make up for the scoring lost from Butler, who was quietly averaging 15 points per game in 29.9 minutes while shooting a quite passable 43.1 percent from 3-point range.

Beaubois, though, is still believed to be at least three weeks away from playing thanks to a broken bone in his left foot that has sidelined the French speedster since August. Carlisle has consistently refused to proffer so much as a guesstimate for when we might see Beaubois again, noting that the 22-year-old hasn’t even been able to practice yet.

Asked before Christmas how he eventually planned to find minutes for Beaubois, given the unexpected emergence of DeShawn Stevenson, Carlisle said: "We’re a long way from that conversation."

Yet even if Dallas does manage to survive Butler’s absence through the likes of Marion, Terry, Stevenson and eventually Beaubois -- or a potential newcomer acquired through a disabled player exception -- Butler’s attractiveness as a trade chip will be reduced to strictly financial terms if he can’t play again this season. With an expiring contract, Butler could provide salary relief to cost-conscious teams in any deal before the Feb. 24 deadline but nothing more unless his injury proves far less serious than feared.

That's good news!!!
Go RoBo Go!
helmsclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #706
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

"At least" three weeks? Sounds like he pulled that number out of his ass.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #707
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Yeah, I think once we hear Roddy is practicing with the team, then we can assume he is two to three weeks away from return.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #708
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Earth to Roddy,
With your alien speed, alien hops and alien gogo arms, come your alien slow healing powers. Please convert your healing powers to humanoid form but keep the rest of your skills from Planet Beaubois.

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #709
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Earth to Roddy,
With your alien speed, alien hops and alien gogo arms, come your alien slow healing powers. Please convert your healing powers to humanoid form but keep the rest of your skills from Planet Beaubois.

Thanks.
Seriously. Weren't we talking about him coming back at the start of the season, or at least right after?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #710
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Seriously. Weren't we talking about him coming back at the start of the season, or at least right after?
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but is it too far-fetched to assume that Roddy rebroke his foot at the time when they were talking about a setback in his rehabilitation process?

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to miss half a year with a broken foot. I never heard the Mavs say it was a complicated fracture that needed more time to recover from. They always talked about Roddy being out for 2-3 months. Now we're approaching the 5 month mark and he's not even practicing.

Last edited by dalger; 01-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #711
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Some people's bones take longer to mend. Chill folks.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #712
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but is it too far-fetched to assume that Roddy rebroke his foot at the time when they were talking about a setback in his rehabilitation process?

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to miss half a year with a broken foot. I never heard the Mavs say it was a complicated fracture that needed more time to recover from. They always talked about Roddy being out for 2-3 months. Now we're approaching the 5 month mark and he's not even practicing.
this.

Im pretty sure something way more serious than a "setback" happened after he first left the walking boot.

And im pretty pissed allready about the whole information policy...
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #713
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Theres no doubt in my mind that he re-broke his foot.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #714
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Reggie Evans 2 years ago fractured the 5th metatarsal in his left foot and missed all of the preseason and 54 regular season games as well. Granted his injury was first diagnosed as a Lisfranc injury, but still, he missed 6 months.

But on the flip side Mike Bibby, Latrell Sprewell, and Nazr Mohammad only missed 3 months when they fractured their foot as well.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #715
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The problem there, though, is that asking Marion to play small forward cuts into his minutes at power forward, which has proven to be his more productive position.
Marion's PER, opponent PER, NET PER, and team win% with Marion at the 3 are all slightly better than his numbers at the 4. I mean, some of it is that when he is at the 3, he's playing with Dirk who makes everything easier but I haven't found a single stat that supports the idea that Marion is significantly better at the 4.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-04-2011 at 07:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #716
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Marion's PER, NET PER, and team win% with Marion at the 3 are all slightly better than his numbers at the 4. I mean, some of it is that when he is at the 3, he's playing with Dirk who makes everything easier but I havent found a single stat that supports the idea that Marion is significantly better at the 4.
I believe those same numbers for his career will show that he's historically been better at power forward, by quite a bit.

And I suspect you hit on the very reason that his numbers look better at SF this year (Dirk).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #717
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Marion PER- SF/PF
2010- 15.9/15.0
2009- 14.9/21.0
2008- 13.7/24.5
2007- 18.9/25.5

Marion NET PER- SF/PF
2010- 4.0/0.7
2009- 1.6/0.1
2008- -3.4/4.6
2007- 3.5/6.3

Sure enough you are right for previous years and he's been a fantastic post PF for us, but I still like him at the 3. He's doing well at both but defends at the 3 better than the 4 it looks like.This is the only year that his PER at the 3 has been better than his PER at the 4, but his NET PER has actually been better at teh 3 the last two years because he doesnt defend the 4 as well.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-04-2011 at 07:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #718
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban said an immediate boost would be getting Dirk Nowitzki and Roddy Beaubois back in the lineup. Nowitzki, out with a minor sprain, should be returning soon. Cuban all but admitted that Beaubois is at least a month from coming back. The second-year guard broke his foot during the offseason and hasn’t been cleared to practice yet.

The Mavericks don’t want to rush Beaubois, who suffered a setback in October. Cuban, though, also said the setback wasn’t serious.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/0...doesnt-change/

Last edited by iella; 01-04-2011 at 08:33 PM.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #719
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some people's bones take longer to mend. Chill folks.
The NBA schedule doesn't wait for Roddy's foot.

Good news is Cuban said Roddy is at least a month away.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #720
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
He also said that Roddy did not have a setback in the form of re-breaking the foot.

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid