Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #681
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Speaking of Jack....still don't think he is worth 4/40? The guy was basically the second best player on a team that pulled a big upset against a team that won 57 games.
I would say it depends on what other options are out there. We have to fill 3 starting spots as it stands. IMHO, the lion's share would go to the center, then PG, then SG, and then bench. Another wrench is we have to resign Wright. Now, if we just can't get a free agent center worth spit, then you roll out Sarge and focus the PG. But given the lack of young talent on the Mavs roster, I do not think big money on a 30 year old PG is a good idea. If we had a solid PG in the wings, I'd be much more willing to over pay to get him.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #682
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see GS paying Jack. They have the most dynamic scoring pg in the league. I just can't see them paying a premium for a 29 year old sixth man.

And I'd laugh and walk out of the room if I was Cuban and Jack's camp wanted 4/40
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #683
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I don't see GS paying Jack. They have the most dynamic scoring pg in the league. I just can't see them paying a premium for a 29 year old sixth man.

And I'd laugh and walk out of the room if I was Cuban and Jack's camp wanted 4/40
They absolutely will if they make it past the second round (or even if it's a deep second round run) and Jack plays like he did in the first. Though that's a long shot. I'm more apt to believe his first round performance was due to favorable matchups and he'll fall back down to Earth vs SA.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #684
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
They absolutely will if they make it past the second round (or even if it's a deep second round run) and Jack plays like he did in the first. Though that's a long shot. I'm more apt to believe his first round performance was due to favorable matchups and he'll fall back down to Earth vs SA.
I just don't see it. You don't see teams paying high dollar contracts for backup players when the starter is a superstar. Use Dirk as an example. The mavs have never paid a pf any amount of money to back him up. Go across the league and name a star. They don't have high dollar backups.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #685
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
First of all.. Austin Croshere

Second… If they didn't have Klay Thompson AND we basically capped out for a long time… then yeah, do whatever you need to have Jarrett Jack return and be your STARTER in the backcourt Curry. As a backup combo guard and at 30 y/o you really have to wonder if signing him to a 10mill/year deal is going to do more good or damage to your team.

I'd love to have him around 4/20… For more? I'd have to know what the rest of the roster looks like. Anything over 4/28 is too much for the Mavs under any circumstance in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #686
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
First of all.. Austin Croshere

Second… If they didn't have Klay Thompson AND we basically capped out for a long time… then yeah, do whatever you need to have Jarrett Jack return and be your STARTER in the backcourt Curry. As a backup combo guard and at 30 y/o you really have to wonder if signing him to a 10mill/year deal is going to do more good or damage to your team.

I'd love to have him around 4/20… For more? I'd have to know what the rest of the roster looks like. Anything over 4/28 is too much for the Mavs under any circumstance in my opinion.
Ah yes, that's a lesson to learn from. I just think he's going to get more than 4/20. How much more really depends on how deep they go and what his performance is like.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #687
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait how the GMs reacting to the new CBA, with the LT penalties etc finally kicking it etc. They hammered out horrible contracts in 2011 and 2012 but like Cuban predicted allready 2011: Superstars still get maxed out but the salary of the first bench guys or the 3rd/4th option will decrease. Thats where the teams gonna start to save money and i think they wont become so quick so desperate anymore to throw big contracts out just to sign or keep someone (remember, the Thunder ripped their big three apart because of it, the Grizz dumped Gay - both playoffs teams).

I dont think Jack will make more than 10m. 6-8m, thats the new range for guys like him (or Mayo) with this CBA and i think finallly GMs gonna adjust to it.

If the Warriors keep Jack they will hit deep LT territory next season. After it 20m are gone with Jefferson/Biedrins but a healthy Bogut gonna get a max contract offer somewhere and Klays/Barnes paydays moving closer too.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2013 at 01:13 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #688
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

jack is a very smart and good player but i don't see him like a starter PG,he need a curry-tipe of player in the backcourt with him.

he makes stupid TO and his ball handling isn't very good...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #689
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Avg response to any free agent on this board:

"He's not good enough! I'd pay him table scraps and nothing more!"
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #690
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

First move has started. Jim O'brien will retire. The new assistant coach is Kaleb Canales, who assisted in Portland for a couple years. He looks to be a plausible help in strategy. Not to mention he went to University of Texas in Arlington, for any alumni from there.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-03-2013 at 01:45 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #691
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

I think a lot of people echo what the FO is willing to spend during these plan power days. But, hey, I agree that getting good and talented players that make a difference will cost money. And there is a debate on Jack's worth which is why I like discussing it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #692
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Laredo, graduated from the same high school as Kaleb... pretty cool stuff going on right now. Someone from my neck of the woods is coaching on my favorite sports team.....

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #693
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Double.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #694
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You mean like paying Jarrett about the same salary he just got after having a slightly better year in the 2011-2012 season?

I guess you might have forgotten that Jarrett was a free agent last year and ended up signing for 1year/5.4million. Coming off a 15.6p/6.3a/3.9r slash with .456/.348/.872 percentages you'd think somebody would have given him more than table scraps.

Oh and
2011-12: 17.97PER
2012-13: 15.93PER

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #695
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
You mean like paying Jarrett about the same salary he just got after having a slightly better year in the 2011-2012 season?

I guess you might have forgotten that Jarrett was a free agent last year and ended up signing for 1year/5.4million. Coming off a 15.6p/6.3a/3.9r slash with .456/.348/.872 percentages you'd think somebody would have given him more than table scraps.

Oh and
2011-12: 17.97PER
2012-13: 15.93PER
But you do realize you're comparing a guy coming off a good-stat lockout-shortened season on a crappy team the year after he threw up a stinker in his first trip to the playoffs to that same guy coming off a year in which he garnered attention as a regular season 6MOY candidate before playing an important role in helping his team score a first-round upset, right?

Of course, I say that with full awareness that he's about to come up against an SA squad that's likely to make short work of the Warriors. But still, as of right now, he's looking like a pretty safe bet for at least a bit of a raise and a long-term deal (certainly one in excess of 4/20).
Old 05-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #696
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

other pg targets?
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #697
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
other pg targets?
What would Rondo cost (taking on Pierce's contract) if Boston tries to move him?

Last edited by FromDownTown!; 05-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #698
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think a lot of people echo what the FO is willing to spend during these plan power days. But, hey, I agree that getting good and talented players that make a difference will cost money. And there is a debate on Jack's worth which is why I like discussing it.
Jack is a nice 4th guy. If you can get him and pay like a 4th option and you have still the cap/trade assets to sign/trade for your 2nd/3rd guy you are more than fine.

If you get Jack and you have to pay him like a 2nd/3rd guy and you cant get anymore a true 2nd/3rd guy because of this, then you are screwed...

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #699
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...tension-talks/

Jack has rejected his extension plans with Golden St today. Which could a real option as a Mavs pickup. I'd take him over Collison for sure. He'd be a solid backup to persuade Chris Paul.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #700
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...tension-talks/

Jack has rejected his extension plans with Golden St today. Which could a real option as a Mavs pickup. I'd take him over Collison for sure. He'd be a solid backup to persuade Chris Paul.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you really need to do some CBA research if you're going to keep posting ideas for trades and free agent signings.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #701
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you really need to do some CBA research if you're going to keep posting ideas for trades and free agent signings.
I'm not saying to sign him right away. Just throwing out the idea that Jack would obviously be a better option than re-signing Collison. Seems odd to me that Jack didn't make a verbal commitment to the Warriors, now they made it past first round. Also, I know enough about the CBA implemented in 2011. Hence why I'm fine we moved on with Tyson.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-03-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #702
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems odd to me that Jack didn't make a verbal commitment to the Warriors, now they made it past first round.
Seems odd that you would find that odd, considering that making out of the first round is only going to drive up his value this summer... Why would he commit when he has leverage?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #703
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Jack is a nice 4th guy. If you can get him and pay like a 4th option and you have still the cap/trade assets to sign/trade for your 2nd/3rd guy you are more than fine.

If you get Jack and you have to pay him like a 2nd/3rd guy and you cant get anymore a true 2nd/3rd guy because of this, then you are screwed...
Well he was basically a second guy in the GS series minus the final game. I don't like the turnovers, but the rest of the numbers speak for themselves. He can hit mid rangers, threes, drives it, rebounds, defends, passes...is there anything else you want out of a pg/player? He isn't the greatest playmaker, but that is really his only weakness in my eyes.

I don't want to get carried away with this because the summer can go 100 different directions, but Jack sure as heck better be on the radar.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #704
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Jack is worth 4/40 to someone. Just maybe not to us.

13pts, 6ast, 3reb in the regular season on 53% shooting.
19pts, 7ast, 5reb in the playoffs so far

One of the best +/- on the team, respectable rebound rating for a guard and can load up the post well.

Problem is he's not that efficient as the primary ball handler, but I could see that being OK with Dirk playing secondary ball handler. He's slightly better than Collison at turning it over, but slightly worse than Collison at making plays.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #705
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Jack is worth 4/40 to someone. Just maybe not to us.

13pts, 6ast, 3reb in the regular season on 53% shooting.
19pts, 7ast, 5reb in the playoffs so far

One of the best +/- on the team, respectable rebound rating for a guard and can load up the post well.

Problem is he's not that efficient as the primary ball handler, but I could see that being OK with Dirk playing secondary ball handler. He's slightly better than Collison at turning it over, but slightly worse than Collison at making plays.
I doubt it. Not unless he really shines all series long against SA.

As for being slightly worse than Collison at making plays, I assume you mean for himself. Cause I'd take him over DC as a facilitator any day.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #706
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nate Robinson:

I'd like to take a nice look at him too, depending on what it would cost. He is mighty for his size and I consider him another guy like Jack that is looking like they're trending up to warrant a starting PG spot on a team. He's small but he has bulk and super speed.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #707
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Nate is good but not starting pg material. You would have to tolerate some of the low BBIQ stuff that comes with Nate. I like his grittiness (kinda like a stronger JJB).
His career TO rate is 1.49 per - I would have loved that this year on the Mavs.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #708
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

IMO these playoffs dont have much bearing at all in Jack's next deal. He is what he is. A semi starter/excellent bench guy.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #709
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Seems odd that you would find that odd, considering that making out of the first round is only going to drive up his value this summer... Why would he commit when he has leverage?
Either way he'd have the leverage now after what has conspired IMO. The statements he made today surprised me, that's all.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #710
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I love Nate but dont see him starting. He has his moments, but he could definitely garner a 22-27 mpg.

And jack has already said he wants to stay in GS. He likes the role he is in and is aware he could start somewhere else but he likes the chemistry with GS.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #711
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
IMO these playoffs dont have much bearing at all in Jack's next deal. He is what he is. A semi starter/excellent bench guy.
Right. Beating a 57 win team while scoring 19 ppg on 52% shooting in an upset means squat. I'd much rather just not make the playoffs...amiright?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #712
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Right. Beating a 57 win team while scoring 19 ppg on 52% shooting in an upset means squat. I'd much rather just not make the playoffs...amiright?
It counts for something. Upping the contract by 5 million each playoff game like what's been done on this forum it does not.

You look at the body of work. So according to your math another good series and we're in the 15mil a year range?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #713
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
It counts for something. Upping the contract by 5 million each playoff game like what's been done on this forum it does not.

You look at the body of work. So according to your math another good series and we're in the 15mil a year range?
No. I actually introduced the 4/40 idea a little while back. I didn't say that is what he is worth, but I did say that is what it would take to get him away from a good situation.

And you're damn right that a playoff performance like the Denver one makes a difference.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #714
Melonhead
Guru

And Chris Paul gets tossed in his elimination game. Looks like were going for broke on Howard and Paul again...
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #715
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
And Chris Paul gets tossed in his elimination game. Looks like were going for broke on Howard and Paul again...
Paul's demeanor towards the teammates looked fed up. He was the only one who showed up. The rest were overrated choke artists.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #716
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Paul's demeanor towards the teammates looked fed up. He was the only one who showed up. The rest were overrated choke artists.
When Matt Barnes is the leading scorer for you're team it was over before it even started.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #717
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight ejected in an elimination game, Paul ejected in an elimination game - both teams knocked out of the first round... This should make for an interesting summer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #718
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
When Matt Barnes is the leading scorer for you're team it was over before it even started.
Matt Barnes should officially be called a jinx.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #719
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dwight ejected in an elimination game, Paul ejected in an elimination game - both teams knocked out of the first round... This should make for an interesting summer.
If Chris Paul has any intentions to leave the Clippers and head to Dallas, I am sure Dwight will follow. Don't think he likes it in Kobe's Lala land very much and he will find a much more pleasant environment in Dallas with Dirk and Cuban welcoming him with open arms.

Get it done, Cubes!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:22 AM   #720
yahyes
Banned

Don't forget Dwight gambling on the achilles of Kobe too. Cuban said he'll be active this summer in meeting with free agents.

Chris Paul, Dirk, and Dwight together could be the hope! Dirk has put work into deserving help.

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm