Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #721
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

it's just Marcin Gortat guys... a few months ago you have never even heard of this guys name.

i liked it better when everyone was fascinating over getting Kaman.

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-13-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #722
Old No. 7

Old No. 7 is infamous around these partsOld No. 7 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
And Rick Carlisle sounded pretty confident the Mavs would wind up with Marcin Gortat in a recent interview.

I mean, I'm not trying to belittle the dude who's reporting this or your message board. But.. it's a guy on a message board, and this report is coming from a local station at 12:30 in the morning. Forgive us for being a little skeptical here.
I don't blame you for being skeptical however it's really not up to Rick Carlisle whether we match. Otis Smith is known for doing the unexpected.
Old No. 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #723
jmh0211

jmh0211 can only hope to improve

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to attack Magic fans.

They have their views on this while we have ours.
Thanks twista. Normally trolling fans rub things in to other fans when something big happens, but I don't think you see that right now with the guys posting in this topic. We are an Eastern Conference team and really wish you guys the best knocking off L.A..
jmh0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #724
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

This has been quite hilarious. It could very well be true. I am a Mav fan so I'm pretty much used to being screwed over. But a 1 AM **breaking news** report saying that the GM will match tomorrow is pretty funny. And it appears that only one station in Orlando knows about it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #725
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I don't know if its true but they are talking about it on Magic forum, can Gortat veto any trade in year 1 if in fact Orlando did match
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #726
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No. 7 View Post
I don't blame you for being skeptical however it's really not up to Rick Carlisle whether we match. Otis Smith is known for doing the unexpected.

What will you be like when he does the unexpected and does not match?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #727
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

It's April fools' in July!!!

Last edited by CapitanObvious; 07-13-2009 at 01:09 AM.
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #728
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I don't have my TV on, but DB.com posters are saying ESPN just reported it.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #729
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
it's just Marcin Gortat guys... a few months ago you have never even heard of this guys name.
I have to agree. We are going to be fine guys. Gortat would have been great. If it's true than we just move on to another option. We get our MLE back, and can begin looking into other trade options. If it's false........we get Gortat

Simple
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #730
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No. 7 View Post
No doubt about it, but it's rare for an NBA coach to even mention the signing of someone not officially on the team. For him to sound so adamant about it sort of triggered in a lot of peoples minds that maybe there was already a decision on Otis Smith's part.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #731
Old No. 7

Old No. 7 is infamous around these partsOld No. 7 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Haha..touche. Well I guess we will see tomorrow.
Old No. 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #732
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Dwight Howard for Dampier will be soooooo unexpected
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #733
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
This has been quite hilarious. It could very well be true. I am a Mav fan so I'm pretty much used to being screwed over. But a 1 AM **breaking news** report saying that the GM will match tomorrow is pretty funny. And it appears that only one station in Orlando knows about it.
And some dude on a message board which got the Bass signing correct. Don't forget that.

I mean.. this is about as unreliable as it gets.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #734
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I don't know if its true but they are talking about it on Magic forum

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-13-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #735
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
ESPN News? I'm turning it on now to see what I hear.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #736
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
No they aren't?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #737
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

No, I did not spy on your girlfriend when she was in math tutorials with Mr. Smith. Plus, nothing happened anyways.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 07-13-2009 at 01:09 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #738
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Wait. I don't see why they'd do this

1) Seriously into luxury tax

2) It's a damned back up

3) Houston probably won't want to trade assets if they weren't even willing to bid as high as the MLE

4) Can't trade for 90 days if I'm correct

5) Wasn't there some kind of issue with the BYE thing (I don't understand it very well =/)

6) I thought the leadership of both of our teams were buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #739
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

But I've been watching espn news haven't heard anything...

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 07-13-2009 at 01:10 AM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #740
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

By the way, I have no problems with Magic fans

But f**k you guys for making me lose sleep, I have an early flight from Dallas to Miami tomorrow. Ugh...

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #741
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

So much confusion caused by some blond news anchor that can't read the teleprompter.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 AM   #742
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Nah, it's not being reported on either ESPNEWS, or ESPN. Only a blurb on Iverson to the Heat.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 AM   #743
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

A pity. Gortat seems real disappointed about it as well, I'd be pissed if my team was matching just to use me as a trade chip at a later date. Especially if they robbed me of an opportunity to start on a good team.

Either way, the Mavs should now be on the hunt to look for an option at the C position. On the brightside we just got our MLE back, and there are still options out there.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #744
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Anderson is rolling over in his grave.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #745
jmh0211

Quote:
By the way, I have no problems with Magic fans

But f**k you guys for making me lose sleep, I have an early flight from Dallas to Miami tomorrow. Ugh...
LOL! Sorry dude!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:15 AM   #746
CapitanObvious

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/9333
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #747
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

If true, this is an extremely boneheaded and shortsighted move by the Magic.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 07-13-2009 at 01:17 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #748
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh0211 View Post
LOL! Sorry dude!
If the Magic don't match. I won't give a crap. But if they do, I will have a vendetta against them lol

On a real note, would the MLE suffice for Odom? Or has he already signed? I dont remember.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #749
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Old, at least 24 hours old.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #750
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you f*cking high???

That's total speculation, and a couple days old at that!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-13-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: *
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #751
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not trying to bust balls, but that's probably 2 day old news there.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #752
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Really all the article is saying is Gortat is hearing Orlando will match, and he is down. Nothing from Orlando's side.

"I have a feeling now they (Magic) are going to match it,'' Gortat told Fanhouse today between Summer League Games. "That's what I'm hearing, they will match. We'll have to see, but I'm kind of down right now. Either way, I'll end up on a pretty good team.''
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #753
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
That is news from Friday.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #754
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

This news is so bogus... there is no news at 11p.m. on channel six in Orlando..

wait we're screwed oh noes.

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-13-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #755
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and captain obvious posts a thread about a quote that was said 2 days ago

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-13-2009 at 01:18 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #756
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not trying to bust balls, but that's probably 2 day old news there.
Not to mention that was the same interview in which Gortat was supposedly preparing a trip to Dallas. He flip-flopped in that interview.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #757
jmh0211

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
If true, this is an extremely boneheaded and shortsighted move by the Magic.
Good edit...lol

Last edited by jmh0211; 07-13-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #758
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

CaptainObvious just earned the first negative rep I've given in years.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #759
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I heard that Without a Trace was a good episode!!

Look at YOU, digging deep to find the scoop.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #760
Nowitzki4President

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA I can't believe you posted the TV schedule in Orlando. Thats hilarious. Major props man.

That's investigative reporting at it's finest.

Quote:

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?