Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-29-2015, 10:22 PM   #721
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

I love him on defense and i hate him on offense.

Let's hope he improves his game.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2015, 11:57 PM   #722
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Rhonda's been in the league for 8 years and still can't hit jumpshots consistently or shoot FT's. Pathetic.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #723
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Rhonda's been in the league for 8 years and still can't hit jumpshots consistently or shoot FT's. Pathetic.
33% fts. pathetic doesn't even describe how bad that is. 33% man.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #724
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Rajon Rondo, a career 60.9 percent free-throw shooter, is shooting just 30.9 percent from the line this season. He's averaging just 1.3 free throw attempts per game, the fewest of his career.

Are his problems at the line affecting his aggressiveness? Rondo is 1-2 from the charity stripe over the last SIX games. He's played 170 minutes during that span. To qualify for the free throw leaderboard, a player must be on pace for 125 made free throws - a mark that Rondo falls well short of since he's only made 17 total this season. But among guards that attempted at least 50 free throws in a single season (Rondo has attempted 55 to date), his free throw percentage of 30.9 would be by far the WORST in NBA history.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #725
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Rajon Rondo, a career 60.9 percent free-throw shooter, is shooting just 30.9 percent from the line this season. He's averaging just 1.3 free throw attempts per game, the fewest of his career.

Are his problems at the line affecting his aggressiveness? Rondo is 1-2 from the charity stripe over the last SIX games. He's played 170 minutes during that span. To qualify for the free throw leaderboard, a player must be on pace for 125 made free throws - a mark that Rondo falls well short of since he's only made 17 total this season. But among guards that attempted at least 50 free throws in a single season (Rondo has attempted 55 to date), his free throw percentage of 30.9 would be by far the WORST in NBA history.
Yes, I would say there's zero question that his inability to hit free throws this year is affecting his aggressiveness in going to the rim.

As to the larger discussion of Rondo's fit, for what it's worth, if you dig into the lineup data, there's evidence that Rondo isn't really the problem, right now. I posted this on twitter last night after listening to Zach Lowe's podcast where he mentioned this.

All of the lineups involving Rondo, basically across the board, have been producing good to great results. The offense is ok, not great. But the defense is unbelievable. The issue is lineups that involve 2 or 3 of the bench. In particular, Devin has been horrendous basically since Rondo got here.

Now, part of that is the lineups have been juggled to pair Dirk with Rondo most of the time. That has had affected the bench. And obviously losing Wright and Jae (to a lesser extent) hurt to.

And I don't necessarily take the lineup data as gospel, as it's mostly small sample sizes and all lineup data has noise. But still, it's encouraging to me that Rondo's lineups (again, across the board, essentially) are all producing at a good to great rate. I think Devin will come out of his funk and JO, as old as he is, represents a decided improvement over Greg Smith and Powell, who are borderline NBA players right now. I think there's reason to be positive right now, despite the current skid.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-30-2015 at 08:22 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #726
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic post jthig32
I am going to check out the Zach Lowe podcast.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #727
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yes, I would say there's zero question that his inability to hit free throws this year is affecting his aggressiveness in going to the rim.

As to the larger discussion of Rondo's fit, for what it's worth, if you dig into the lineup data, there's evidence that Rondo isn't really the problem, right now. I posted this on twitter last night after listening to Zach Lowe's podcast where he mentioned this.

All of the lineups involving Rondo, basically across the board, have been producing good to great results. The offense is ok, not great. But the defense is unbelievable. The issue is lineups that involve 2 or 3 of the bench. In particular, Devin has been horrendous basically since Rondo got here.

Now, part of that is the lineups have been juggled to pair Dirk with Rondo most of the time. That has had affected the bench. And obviously losing Wright and Jae (to a lesser extent) hurt to.

And I don't necessarily take the lineup data as gospel, as it's mostly small sample sizes and all lineup data has noise. But still, it's encouraging to me that Rondo's lineups (again, across the board, essentially) are all producing at a good to great rate. I think Devin will come out of his funk and JO, as old as he is, represents a decided improvement over Greg Smith and Powell, who are borderline NBA players right now. I think there's reason to be positive right now, despite the current skid.
I have been hard on Devin which is why dhws apparently put me on ignore. But Iv said both that a) he hasn't been an nba caliber player for the last month and b) he will get back to normal. That is incredibly important for us.

I'm curious if we won't start trying to pair him with Tyson some as far as staggering minutes in order to get his mojo back similar to where he was with wright?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #728
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I have been hard on Devin which is why dhws apparently put me on ignore. But Iv said both that a) he hasn't been an nba caliber player for the last month and b) he will get back to normal. That is incredibly important for us.

I'm curious if we won't start trying to pair him with Tyson some as far as staggering minutes in order to get his mojo back similar to where he was with wright?
He's already playing a decent amount with Tyson due to Rondo generally following Dirk's early sub pattern. I'm not sure how they would increase that at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 01-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #729
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

We should start Harris. That would fix the starting lineup IMO.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #730
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
We should start Harris. That would fix the starting lineup IMO.
What?? Devin might be the only player who has been worse than Rondo since the trade... And I can't think of worse strategy to "fix" this team than benching our starter, especially since we've basically mortgaged our future on him.

No, we need to just keep slogging through this, then have a mini training camp during the All-Star break to figure some things out (silver lining to none of our guys getting in).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-30-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #731
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should start a spit-wad thrown against the wall.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-30-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #732
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What?? Devin might be the only player who has been worse than Rondo since the trade... And I can't think of worse strategy to "fix" this team than benching our starter, especially since we've basically mortgaged our future on him.

No, we need to just keep slogging through this, then have a mini training camp during the All-Star break to figure some things out (silver lining to none of our guys getting in).
Harris plays well with an effective big man. Rondo not being able to shoot has drastically effected our offense. Harris maybe has poor shot selection. But at least the defense respects his shot. Thus the spacing on the floor is better with Harris.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #733
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Haberstroh's big number this week is about Rondo:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12249260
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #734
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Harris plays well with an effective big man. Rondo not being able to shoot has drastically effected our offense. Harris maybe has poor shot selection. But at least the defense respects his shot. Thus the spacing on the floor is better with Harris.
You realize devins shooting percentages since 12/23 are 37/24/74 right?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #735
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In that same window (12/23- 1/30), Rondo's stats

40.9% FG, 41.4% from three.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #736
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Like I said. Poor shot selection. But trust me. They guard Harris closer than Rondo. Heck sometimes they don't even guard Rondo. They guard the paint or slightly outside it.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #737
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Like I said. Poor shot selection. But trust me. They guard Harris closer than Rondo. Heck sometimes they don't even guard Rondo. They guard the paint or slightly outside it.
Devin isn't as good as rondo at anything outside of shooting. If your only advantage is shooting and you are shooting 37/24, you aren't a better option.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #738
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Devin is bad on defense and bad on offense (does not score and does not pass)

Rondo is great on defense and average on offense (at least he can pass the ball)

Devin should play zero minutes. Felton should be our backup PG. He seems to have a good court vision. Devin does not even know how to spell court vision.

Last edited by markus1234; 01-30-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #739
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Rondo is great on defense and average on offense (at least he can pass the ball)

Devin should play zero minutes. Felton should be our backup PG. He seems to have a good court vision. Devin does not even know how to spell court vision.
Devin has played like crap lately, but he is better than this makes it sound

Last edited by Five-ofan; 01-30-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #740
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Now you are jist being silly.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #741
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

He lost me when he pointed out the Mavs offensive numbers pre and post Rondo and didnt mention that Harris plays like ass

Seriously, Harris and Barea are the bigger issue. They are killing the offense more than Rondo. And no its not just because poor devin doesnt have anymore B.Wright for easy production. That cant be his excuse for his assplay
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #742
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Tonight:
Harris + 25
Barea + 16

Rondo - 3

* And the 4th quarter turnaround happened WITH Harris AND Barea on the court AND Rondo on the bench.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #743
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

the turnaround happened with the extended benching of Hassan...and when the game was tied up Barea and Harris were still scoreless...

It was Spo being an idiot and not Harris/Barea being awesome

Last edited by sefant77; 01-30-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:17 PM   #744
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Blaming the trade on this funk is rediculous. It needs to end. We saw this team can play fantastic and in sync with the new additions. We can blow teams out. We've already done it. Now is not the time to be selective and say "Aha! You see it was a horrible trade!". The team is in a funk. It can't be pinpointed to one particular problem. A lot of it is mental too. Especially after continuing to lose to playoff teams in such close games.

Last edited by Windmill360; 01-30-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:21 PM   #745
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

Effort for presentation... Didnt do much homework though.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:12 AM   #746
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post

Yes. Without question. It's a huge problem--arguably just as much as his inability to hit from the floor. You can make it work with a point guard who can't shoot, or you can make it work with a point guard who can't drive, but I don't know how you make it work with a point guard who can't do either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Blaming the trade on this funk is rediculous. It needs to end. We saw this team can play fantastic and in sync with the new additions. We can blow teams out. We've already done it. Now is not the time to be selective and say "Aha! You see it was a horrible trade!". The team is in a funk.
It's absolutely clear that adding Rondo and losing Wright (in particular) has affected the offense, but I actually completely agree with this. People need an explanation for why the Mavs are playing poorly of late--the trade is the easiest explanation. Doesn't mean it's the right one (or, at least, the exclusively right one).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:57 AM   #747
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:

Ridiculous comments. Harris is average on defense and offense. Streaky but very effective when on. Lol Felton doesn't even deserve to be in the NBA.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #748
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
People need an explanation for why the Mavs are playing poorly of late--the trade is the easiest explanation. Doesn't mean it's the right one (or, at least, the exclusively right one).
I think the real explanation is they're just not that good. Not enough spacing in the starting lineup. Defense is pretty terrible outside of Rondo and Tyson. Bench is just plain bad. A roster with this many holes is bound to be inconsistent.

And yes, this would still be the case if we don't make the trade. At least now we're slightly better on defense and on the boards. As has been oft repeated, it was a low risk move. It didn't change the Mavs' destiny. I think this team was headed for an early playoff exit before the trade, and probably still is. But it was worth doing. The Mavs definitely needed to do something and Rondo was probably the best move available.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-31-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #749
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Now you are jist being silly.
Quote:
Ridiculous comments. Harris is average on defense and offense. Streaky but very effective when on. Lol Felton doesn't even deserve to be in the NBA.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...llas-mavericks

Last edited by markus1234; 01-31-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #750
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

We are a lot more than slightly better defensively.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #751
sefant77
Guru

Check back who played the past weeks with Rondo, check the names of the opposing PGs and imagines then this game with Nelson and Harris/Barea playing like trash. I dont see more wins, i see probably a lot of 110-125 losses.

Then check the FCs and count the games against the teams were Wright showed in the past that he is overmatched and useless (aka Grizzlies, Clippers, Bulls etc)

Last edited by sefant77; 01-31-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 AM   #752
Five-ofan
Guru

Devin having the shrug moment after he finally hit the thee in the 4th reminded me of a similar moment from last year, I have no idea if the stats back this up and I have no way of checking because I don't know exactly what game it happened, but I remember devin doing the same thing last year after a prolonged slump and my memory is that he played better after that.

Even with no other information it's pretty clear that he was pressing, and maybe getting a few to go in at the end were all he needed and he'll be an actual nba player again.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #753
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
and my memory is that he played better after that.
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...4/devin-harris

Nothing to see here...
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #754
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Devin having the shrug moment after he finally hit the thee in the 4th reminded me of a similar moment from last year, I have no idea if the stats back this up and I have no way of checking because I don't know exactly what game it happened, but I remember devin doing the same thing last year after a prolonged slump and my memory is that he played better after that.

Even with no other information it's pretty clear that he was pressing, and maybe getting a few to go in at the end were all he needed and he'll be an actual nba player again.
Yea i kind of hated to see that because it was indicative that he was pressing. He seems to get knocked off his game kinda easy. Jjb funningly seems to react to a slump by being even more aggressive. Making his slumps look even worse.

But also it showed last night that the mavs are getting defended by some real deep packing of the lane. There were little is any space.

Last edited by dude1394; 01-31-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:16 PM   #755
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo just needs to pretend like he's playing in front of the Boston crowd every night. He was a completely different player in that game because he wanted to be. I don't think he'll ever be a pure shooter, but I know he's better than what he has been.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:36 PM   #756
markus1234
Platinum Member

Honeymoon period is definitely over.

There is some frustration going on. Our offense really sucks with Rondo on the floor.

Hopefully he can turn the corner. There really are not many alternatives at PG for us. No chance to get Dragic and co. They will go to PHX or OKC...

maybe George Hill.

Last edited by markus1234; 01-31-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #757
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't think players know exactly what their role is on offense. Rondo certainly isn't the only one struggling. Dirk has shot the ball poorly last few games, Harris has fallen in love with quick threes, Barea dribbles to China, Tyson no longer the automatic oop machine, Aminu/Jefferson/Villy come and go. Seems Parsons and Ellis are the only two constants on offense lately.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:49 PM   #758
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Honeymoon period is definitely over.

There is some frustration going on. Our offense really sucks with Rondo on the floor.

Hopefully he can turn the corner. There really are not many alternatives at PG for us. No chance to get Dragic and co. They will go to PHX or OKC...

maybe George Hill.
Like I said. Give Harris a chance as a starter. And I feel Rondo would be more comfortable out there with the bench. As he can dominate the ball more without worrying about Ellis and Dirk not getting the ball enough.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #759
markus1234
Platinum Member

Rondo will check out if you bring him off the bench.

Once he checks out we are done.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:56 PM   #760
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like I said. Give Harris a chance as a starter. And I feel Rondo would be more comfortable out there with the bench. As he can dominate the ball more without worrying about Ellis and Dirk not getting the ball enough.
Yeah, the bench is exactly where a guy seeking max contract wants to be.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat