Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing we have a couple of comedians in the room.
I'll make sure to put both of you on top of my list to "bully" next.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2003, 04:51 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Now you guys are crossing the line..just because I used to have a nun avatar doesn't mean that you should bring up sexuality in this thread.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #43
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

EDIT: I probably crossed the line.... lol

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:53 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Ok, you two had your fun.

Let's get this thread back on subject...

item 1. Murph is a bully
Item 2. Murph is a jackass

discuss
Old 04-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who farted?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #46
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<< Ok, you two had your fun.

Let's get this thread back on subject...

item 1. Murph is a bully
Item 2. Murph is a jackass

discuss
>>

Whats to discuss? we all know that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 04-29-2003, 05:17 PM   #47
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Now you guys are crossing the line..just because I used to have a nun avatar doesn't mean that you should bring up sexuality in this thread. >>

Sorry Murph I should have been more specific. I wasn't implying that you had a sexual thing for Najera but that you just admire people with &quot;helment hair&quot;. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

I'd like to thank all of my fans for their support. You truly do make it worth the time and effort.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:24 PM   #49
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

don't know if you're bothering to read this, signofthetimes, but this is Murphy's board. Everyone else has to just try to work there opinions in around him, trying not to offend. That's just the way it is. There are better boards out there for thoughtful mavs discussions if you want to find that.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:28 PM   #50
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

<< I'd like to thank all of my fans for their support. You truly do make it worth the time and effort. >>

Hey Murph if we didn't like ya, we would just ignore ya. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 05:40 PM   #51
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I'd like to thank all of my fans for their support. You truly do make it worth the time and effort. >>

Maybe we should start a Murphy fan club. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 05:43 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

Maybe we should start a Murphy fan club. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

You'd never get a quorum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #53
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Well, Signofthetimes, you didn't say anything that wasn't true and you got an example of what you were talking about, after you made your initial post. You, perhaps, erred by making it your first post or maybe you should have used the name you usually use, so everyone would know you're not a newbie. Newbies don't usually come out guns blazing.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:05 PM   #54
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Who's Murph?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #55
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< don't know if you're bothering to read this, signofthetimes, but this is Murphy's board. Everyone else has to just try to work there opinions in around him, trying not to offend. >>

False.

<< That's just the way it is. There are better boards out there for thoughtful mavs discussions if you want to find that. >>

Falseage.

UL, if you think Murphy is keeping you from getting your groove on sometimes, please feel free to get up in his face on whatever topic it is (NVE, please?). I think you'll find that you have more supporters than you might currently imagine.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #56
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

egads, you're right, Rhylan.

Let me qualify to clarify:
&quot;this is Murphy's board. Everyone else has to just try to work there opinions in around him, trying not to offend. That's just the way it is&quot;

I meant that Murphy tries hard to be the most dominant personality here. He's pretty successful at it, and newbie posters (and sometimes those he just doesn't agree with) sometimes have to go through some hazing for his enjoyment. That's part of the environment of this board. DJ and the mods are owner and regulators of this board, and it is their perogative to allow Murph as much leeway (free speech?) as they see fit. If someone's got a problem with him or anyone else, it's probably better to pm the mods.

By &quot;better boards&quot; I meant maybe something signofthetimes might like better. I think this is the best board around for mavs discussion. I lurk at several boards, but generally post only here. For the most part, personalities are welcoming and fun, and outside of the periodic thread degrading into bickering and arguing over personality differences, the material is worth reading and participating in.

as far as getting in Murphy's face, signofthetimes is right, it'd take 10-15 hours a day. Now that summer is finally rolling around, maybe we can all go a couple rounds over NVE, Nellie and Najera, Nash on perimeter defense, and Nowitski in the post, finish that up, move on to offensive sets and Oggy, move on to the Pippin possibility, and go from there. We could probably hit the whole alphabet by fall.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:39 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

It's amazing how few quality posters actually have a major problem with me compared to the amount of poor posters that do.

UL, you're actually not bad..just pointing out the obvious though.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 AM   #58
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of those that are &quot;hazed&quot; receive such treatment because they say stupid things. Also, Dooby summed it up best when he said: Murph is abrasive and over the top. This board is Murph's personal very controversial concert calendar.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 AM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

If I (and certain others) didn't slap people upside the head when they needed it, stupidity would devour the board.

Moderators do their job..and they do it well. But their job isn't to police the level of intelligence/stupidity on the board. That is the member's duty.

Some of us just do a better job than others.

If you need to be slapped in the head, I will do so. Why? Because I will not allow this board to turn into mavstalk.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:30 AM   #60
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I feel like I should be the OFFICIAL Murph prognasticator considering I have been one of the few members still posting before Murph and has had a FAIR number of debates with him as well.

The strange part about it is, through our debating we have actually seen the transition of the Mavericks team and in the same period I can say I have developed a respect for Murph.

Does Murph come off like a Bully? Yes! Does he come off condesending (sp) at times? Yes! However you can never let that get lost in the fact that the man (and you are a man right Murph [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) does know basketball. Also this board is for your opinions. Posting your opinions means people won't always agree with you. Personally I don't think half the board agrees with my opinions, however if I believe something, I'm going to say it.

That's what it comes down to Sign. You may view some people in here being Bully's, however whether this is your 1,599,764,324,124 post or your first. Your opinion is just as relevant or important as the next persons. This is a forum yes. Sometimes people may not want to respond to something you say or alot of people may respond. Do I think some people post for the wrong reasons, of course but you'll have those people regardless. The fact is as long as the people who consistently post and want this board to stay here continue to do so, it will be fine.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:41 AM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

If i had to pick one person that actually was a bully, i'd pick thekid. No one bullied me around more than him. If you actually think that I AM a bully, you can blame it on him. I simply had to learn to defend myself...as docile a soul as I am
Old 04-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #62
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

<< The vast majority of those that are &quot;hazed&quot; receive such treatment because they say stupid things. >>

<< If I (and certain others) didn't slap people upside the head when they needed it, stupidity would devour the board. >>

I like it best when the mods decide what is stupid enough for someone to be slapped around. That's their job, and they are pretty level headed and fair about such things.
Murph, if anyone wants you to police the board, we'd ask that you'd be installed as mod. I don't so I don't. While you were on your vacation, this place was a lot friendlier and a lot less susceptible to trolls. You've been better than before you left, but you're still too easy a target for someone wanting to cause trouble.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:07 AM   #63
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's not the mods jobs to prevent people from posting stupid things. hell, a number of boards out there are nothing but stupid posts, and those boards are moderated. what prevents stupid posts are other posters letting someone know that their post was stupid.

Enter Murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #64
Murphy3
Guru

BBL, it's not just me. There's a number of members on this board that gladly step in. Some more than others
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #65
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us just pick our battles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #66
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Some of us just pick our battles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Yup.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #67
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

<< Some of us just pick our battles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

We do? *jots that down* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #68
Murphy3
Guru

i pick mine as well..i just might pick more
Old 04-30-2003, 11:48 AM   #69
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

<< i pick mine as well..i just might pick more >>

So this explains it Murph...

Old 04-30-2003, 11:51 AM   #70
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Pretty funny Ummmmm....
Old 04-30-2003, 12:00 PM   #71
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i really dont know what are you all so angry about,the man said some smart stuff.
if anybody had some balls it might have been said earlier.

but i do think its by far the best Mavs Forum out there.but it still has its flaws.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #72
Murphy3
Guru

if the award fits, win it
Old 04-30-2003, 12:11 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

sure he did NP. But, since I didn't like it, I ordered all of my minions to not like it as well.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #74
LRB
Guru

<<

<< i pick mine as well..i just might pick more >>

So this explains it Murph...

>>

Just remember this: you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, just don't pick your friend's nose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 12:18 PM   #75
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< sure he did NP. But, since I didn't like it, I ordered all of my minions to not like it as well. >>

yes Mr.Murphy sir,sorry sir.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:20 PM   #76
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

<< Just remember this: you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, just don't pick your friend's nose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

so this is a no-no?

Old 04-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #77
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Just checked in to see what's up, and WOW.

I knew some might get bent out of shape but I'm glad others are able to see the post for what it was, just a few observations I thought others might agree with. Even though some(actually many) might have been put off by my comments, It's good to see people defend the board so much. This is one of the best Mavs forums. I'll check in later. Actually, I'll make a Basketball post, so we can all get back to the business of talking about my favorite sport and my favorite team.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:37 PM   #78
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Sign...this is a great forum, with a lot of good people. Do we have some problems...yes we do. But, if you personally knew a lot of the regulars, as some of us do, you'd have a much better impression of who they are. That may seem obvious...but I CAN tell you that, in real life, they're pretty great people...and some are not at all as you might expect from their posts (You can insert the words &quot;Murph&quot; or &quot;Sweets&quot; or anyone else here if you choose).

IMO, no one dominates here...just that some of us have been around and are used to each other. Doesn't mean we don't knock heads from time to time. Much is done through PM's...frankly, I have as many PM's as I do posts...and have made some awfully wonderful friends here.

BTW...welcome to the insanity that we call Dallas-mavs.com.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #79
LRB
Guru

<<

<< Just remember this: you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, just don't pick your friend's nose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

so this is a no-no?
>>

Well I guess it ok for 2 individuals who really dig each other. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 12:44 PM   #80
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Moderators and/or DJ......

Can you go in and change my SENIOR MEMBER to THREAD KILLER please.

Thanks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]