Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

He has brain damage.

Seriously, do I need to break out the Cosby routine?

"well that's BRAIN DAMAGE!"

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #42
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he just had a little too much jello pudding?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #43
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I'm about to post may sound stupid, but do any of you guys think Avery may actually have been trying to send a message to kidd? I think its very possible but I'm not sure
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #44
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
You know what I'm about to post may sound stupid, but do any of you guys think Avery may actually have been trying to send a message to kidd? I think its very possible but I'm not sure
Yeah. A message. Like: I'm the stupidist coach you've played for since the 2nd grade.

I think it got through.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #45
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

He's had a peg too many of that river water prior to the game...
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #46
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He wants to be traded from the Mavs, bought out, and then re-signed in 30 days.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

he is just a kidd.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #48
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Along these lines....

After Game 2 against Miami, David Stern figured he couldn't have any of this Dallas winning the trophy stuff. Stern sent Stu Jackson and a few goons out to capture Avery and replace him with Robo-Avery. Robo-Avery was a cyborg programmed by Stern to destroy the Mavs at all cost so Cuban could never win a championship. Robo-Avery doesn't always throw games because Stern can't make it too obvious, but at the most inopportune times Robo-Avery will do something that slowly leads to a Mavericks meltdown. Meanwhile, the real Avery is bound-and-gagged somewhere in a closet at the NBA headquarters yelling in a thick Cajun accent for someone to let him out.
your thinking cap is working overtime discovering all that truth!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #49
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Avery thought the game was being played by metric quarters.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #50
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
your thinking cap is working overtime discovering all that truth!!!
Let's just say I'm onto Emperor Stern.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 02-29-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #51
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever
he is just a kidd.
haha LOL

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #52
FINtastic
Diamond Member

^^ I just realized that was my 3000th post. And with that, I missed my chance to do a capitalcity-style buildup to it. What a grand opportunity wasted. And ironically that kinda describes the game tonight.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 02-29-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #53
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Avery had a mental lapse and thought Kidd was still Harris

Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #54
SkullLeader

Quote:
^^ I just realized that was my 3000th post. And with that, I missed my chance to do a capitalcity-style buildup to it. What a grand opportunity wasted. And ironically that kinda describes the game tonight.
congrats, fin. high five?

Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #55
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Congrats FINtastic... at least you invoked "Emperor Stern" in your 3000th post!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #56
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Sure, even though this isn't a happy night to celebrate. High Five!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #57
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Congrats FINtastic... at least you invoked "Emperor Stern" in your 3000th post!
Yeah, it didn't totally fizzle out

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 02-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #58
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He wanted to show Kidd firsthand the Mavericks story the past two years in 30 seconds.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #59
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

It's like Avery was playing 2k8 and accidentally quit out of the substitution menu with the wrong lineup and couldn't get back in.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #60
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Along these lines....

After Game 2 against Miami, David Stern figured he couldn't have any of this Dallas winning the trophy stuff. Stern sent Stu Jackson and a few goons out to capture Avery and replace him with Robo-Avery. Robo-Avery was a cyborg programmed by Stern to destroy the Mavs at all cost so Cuban could never win a championship. Robo-Avery doesn't always throw games because Stern can't make it too obvious, but at the most inopportune times Robo-Avery will do something that slowly leads to a Mavericks meltdown. Meanwhile, the real Avery is bound-and-gagged somewhere in a closet at the NBA headquarters yelling in a thick Cajun accent for someone to let him out.
Ha! that's a good one...
Old 02-29-2008, 02:58 AM   #61
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Avery felt bad about screwing up Harris. He yanked Kidd in honor of the new Net.....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:41 AM   #62
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n_NEzPfVOEs

Maybe he was trying to recreate this? Same location and same time remaining?

Come on, Avery. It worked once and in the best of times, but that doesn't mean you leave your options for a BETTER recipe on the bench!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:46 AM   #63
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts

I have said it before, As long as Avery coaches the Mavs, They will not win a championship, cuz Avery chokes in big games. @005 playoffs against Suns he should've called a timeout-n-told his team 2 foul-n-not let them shoot a 3 in which Nash did-n-Suns won in o.t. 2006 He choked again moving the Mavs from their hotel-n-not rotating players right as usual-N-got outcaoched by Riley he cost them the finals. 2007 He changed the Mavs lineup a team who won 67 games 2-gether. N-he also didn't know how 2 rotate players-n-again got outcoached by Don Nelson. Mark fire Avery-N-hire a true veteran coach like Brown, or Rick Carlisle. Cuz Avery will not lead the Mavs 2 a champ... He's a control freak-n-a Jason T. Lover. Kidd should have been-n-the final seconds against Spurs.
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:09 AM   #64
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Stein on Avery's decision:
Quote:

Five games.

Or make that four games and one TNT Thursday showdown in San Antonio that had an undeniable playoffs-in-February kind of feel.

Either way . . .

It didn't even take two weeks for Mavericks coach Avery Johnson to make us question why he pushed for the Jason Kidd trade.

Not even two weeks to doubt that Johnson's ego is really ready for relinquishing control of his offense to a veteran point guard who doesn't need to be micromanaged.

In just the fifth game of Kidd's Dallas rebirth, Johnson stunningly and inexplicably benched Kidd for the Mavs' final two possessions in crunch time against their biggest rival. Two possessions, spanning nearly 35 seconds.

That's the same Kidd who Dallas worked so hard to bring back because, in Johnson's words, this team needed someone who "knows how to finish games."

On this night, though, Dallas' Lil' General forgot the new game plan. With the Mavs down two points in the final minute of a certifiable thriller that they would up losing 97-94, Johnson came out of two straight timeouts with a play call that -- unfathomable as it sounds -- he thought would work better without Kidd's involvement.

Both calls were from the Mavs' catalog of trusted isolation plays for Dirk Nowitzki, designed to get Nowitzki to attack the Spurs' defense from the middle of the floor. Johnson explained afterward that he wanted to make sure Nowitzki was surrounded by shooters after catching the ball to discourage San Antonio from double-teaming, leading him to hold Kidd out because he feared Spurs coach Gregg Popovich surely would have ordered Kidd's defender to immediately double Nowitzki.

Yet there are at least three major flaws in that thinking.

1. Kidd has never been a shooter. You can't trade for Jason Kidd to be your crunch-time closer and then worry about his shooting. Kidd actually said earlier this week that Dirk has been "helping me with my shot," but it's not like this won't be an issue in every playoff game Dallas plays.

2. Johnson himself has likened the Mavs' final 25-odd games to a learning-on-the-fly training camp. So why would you delete Kidd from the exact situation that was described as his specialty just days earlier?

3. When Dallas came up with offensive rebounds after two Nowitzki misses in that final half-minute, it ended up with a busted play to decide things. But instead of a Kidd/Nowitzki pick-and-roll for the Mavs to force overtime or win it their combo was Jason Terry and Nowitzki. And you saw the result.

Nowitzki did get open briefly on the screen/roll, but Terry couldn't get the ball to him. Nor could Terry avoid getting his shot blocked in the lane, sealing Dallas' defeat.

Meanwhile . . .

The veteran who has the ability to make something out of nothing -- Kidd -- was rooted to the bench for that sequence as opposed to having the ball in his hands to try to slip it to Nowitzki or find a shooter in the corner like Jerry Stackhouse (or, say, Terry) for a clean look. You want a Jason Kidd or Manu Ginobili making that play, whether or not they've been with the team long enough to know all the plays, because so many last-second situations in the NBA turn into busted plays because of smart defenses.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #65
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

avery is a mental midget
with the ego of the worst megalomaniac general
quiet riot act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #66
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyoa
I have said it before, As long as Avery coaches the Mavs, They will not win a championship, cuz Avery chokes in big games. @005 playoffs against Suns he should've called a timeout-n-told his team 2 foul-n-not let them shoot a 3 in which Nash did-n-Suns won in o.t. 2006 He choked again moving the Mavs from their hotel-n-not rotating players right as usual-N-got outcaoched by Riley he cost them the finals. 2007 He changed the Mavs lineup a team who won 67 games 2-gether. N-he also didn't know how 2 rotate players-n-again got outcoached by Don Nelson. Mark fire Avery-N-hire a true veteran coach like Brown, or Rick Carlisle. Cuz Avery will not lead the Mavs 2 a champ... He's a control freak-n-a Jason T. Lover. Kidd should have been-n-the final seconds against Spurs.
I didn't read your post, but it sure looks thread worthy to me.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #67
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Five games.

Or make that four games and one TNT Thursday showdown in San Antonio that had an undeniable playoffs-in-February kind of feel.

Either way . . .

It didn't even take two weeks for Mavericks coach Avery Johnson to make us question why he pushed for the Jason Kidd trade.

Not even two weeks to doubt that Johnson's ego is really ready for relinquishing control of his offense to a veteran point guard who doesn't need to be micromanaged.

In just the fifth game of Kidd's Dallas rebirth, Johnson stunningly and inexplicably benched Kidd for the Mavs' final two possessions in crunch time against their biggest rival. Two possessions, spanning nearly 35 seconds.

That's the same Kidd who Dallas worked so hard to bring back because, in Johnson's words, this team needed someone who "knows how to finish games."

On this night, though, Dallas' Lil' General forgot the new game plan. With the Mavs down two points in the final minute of a certifiable thriller that they would up losing 97-94, Johnson came out of two straight timeouts with a play call that -- unfathomable as it sounds -- he thought would work better without Kidd's involvement.

Both calls were from the Mavs' catalog of trusted isolation plays for Dirk Nowitzki, designed to get Nowitzki to attack the Spurs' defense from the middle of the floor. Johnson explained afterward that he wanted to make sure Nowitzki was surrounded by shooters after catching the ball to discourage San Antonio from double-teaming, leading him to hold Kidd out because he feared Spurs coach Gregg Popovich surely would have ordered Kidd's defender to immediately double Nowitzki.

Yet there are at least three major flaws in that thinking.

1. Kidd has never been a shooter. You can't trade for Jason Kidd to be your crunch-time closer and then worry about his shooting. Kidd actually said earlier this week that Dirk has been "helping me with my shot," but it's not like this won't be an issue in every playoff game Dallas plays.

2. Johnson himself has likened the Mavs' final 25-odd games to a learning-on-the-fly training camp. So why would you delete Kidd from the exact situation that was described as his specialty just days earlier?

3. When Dallas came up with offensive rebounds after two Nowitzki misses in that final half-minute, it ended up with a busted play to decide things. But instead of a Kidd/Nowitzki pick-and-roll for the Mavs to force overtime or win it their combo was Jason Terry and Nowitzki. And you saw the result.

Nowitzki did get open briefly on the screen/roll, but Terry couldn't get the ball to him. Nor could Terry avoid getting his shot blocked in the lane, sealing Dallas' defeat.

Meanwhile . . .

The veteran who has the ability to make something out of nothing -- Kidd -- was rooted to the bench for that sequence as opposed to having the ball in his hands to try to slip it to Nowitzki or find a shooter in the corner like Jerry Stackhouse (or, say, Terry) for a clean look. You want a Jason Kidd or Manu Ginobili making that play, whether or not they've been with the team long enough to know all the plays, because so many last-second situations in the NBA turn into busted plays because of smart defenses.

i wanna quote this again, for everybody to see it. read it.

Last edited by MavsX; 02-29-2008 at 08:25 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #68
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #69
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
That's the only way to get your mind off of Avery's coaching

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #70
V2M
Diamond Member

This was Avery's way of thanking the Spurs for retiring his jersey!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #71
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Alright folks, let's hear some reasons why Avery decided to park Kidd on the bench at the end of the game. I'll start:

Avery still hadn't recovered from pre-partying before the game with Roy Tarpley.
Sorry, I can't play along--There are no legitimate reasons for Kidd to have been on the bench.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #72
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Avery's an idiot.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #73
Dor

Dor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Avery's an idiot.
Second that Avery is just a frigging idiot.
Dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #74
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Avery decided to bench kidd because Avery is the best player on the floor....in his mind.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #75
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, let the records show this was the last pass I gave Avery. Space for Dirk to work? Putting shooters around him? As someone mentioned previously, both Josh and Stackhouse shoot the 3 worse. I'm not buying what you're selling Avery. You've been warned.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #76
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

After sleeping on it....

I really feel bad for Avery, and am embarrassed for him. Having this happen to him in a nationally televised game, with almost anyone and everyone who cares watching.....to make a mistake like that....

This is like walking into a job interview with a shirt-weiner. Gonna take a long time to live this one down.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #77
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Problem with that thinking Jack is Avery, in his mind, doesn't see any mistake made and he will not learn from this at all. If you stole something, but never knew that wasn't the thing to do, would you learn anything? No.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #78
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
Problem with that thinking Jack is Avery, in his mind, doesn't see any mistake made and he will not learn from this at all. If you stole something, but never knew that wasn't the thing to do, would you learn anything? No.
Actually I'm not even considering how Avery sees it---rather how everyone else--fans, players, broadcasters, owners (ahem)--see Avery.

He can survive without the respect of the fans, but once he loses the players, or the owner, it will crumble quickly.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #79
foglemann
Golden Member

Sadly Jack, we can only hope that the players will rise above the situation. Frankly, I believe that Dirk is already mentally said bye-bye to Avery the coach. He and most of the others will go through the motions until someone can step in and stop his control.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #80
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

Let him be known forward as Lil Dictator! Seriously, he had no choice. Cuban told him to do it so that he could get millions of dollars in publicity nationwide in order to pay for Jason's contract. He is now cash rich for the rest of the season!

Tags
jason kidd