Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #41
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Dear Senators Kerry & Edwards,

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Haha. Mavdog, ignoring the truth as usual. Do you think more people are dying now then there were when Saddam was in power?
"Ignoring the truth"? Hardly, as I showed just how falacious your question was.
so now the question has changed? no longer "Would you rather 2,000 American soldiers die or millions more innocent Iraqis die?" but now it's "Do you think more people are dying now then there were when Saddam was in power?" Clearly you see your first question for the nonsense it was.

Frankly I don't have an answer to your new question. I can say that more Americans are dying today, but as far as Iraqis it is impossible to ascertain. The fact of the matter is that innocent Iraqis are dying every day due to the ability of the insurgents to carry out their attacks. Their lives continue to be threatened by their doing nothing but trying to live their lives.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2004, 11:54 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Mavsman, let me throw the ball back into your court here. Knowitall never responded to you, but I suspect that if she had, the response would have been something like this:

"I don't accept the premise. Why does have it to be an either/or proposition? Why can't we humans find a solution to the problem of people dying by the hordes in Iraq that doesn't cost 2,000 American lives?"

Or it might have been this:

"Of course it troubles me anytime people are dying inhumanely. But the hard truth is that people are dying inhumanely in a lot of places--and frankly, they have been all throughout history. It would be nice if we a few thousand people could, through their own sacrifice, ensure world peace. But history tells us this just ain't gonna happen. Of course we should do our duty to the rest of the world, but that doesn't mean every battle has to be ours."

Not that I necessarily agree or disagree with you, but those are the questions you should consider yourself before reducing the issue down to such a (possibly) fallacious argument.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:01 AM   #43
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
Haha. Mavdog, ignoring the truth as usual. Do you think more people are dying now then there were when Saddam was in power?
so now the question has changed? no longer "Would you rather 2,000 American soldiers die or millions more innocent Iraqis die?" but now it's "Do you think more people are dying now then there were when Saddam was in power?" Clearly you see your first question for the nonsense it was.

Frankly I don't have an answer to your new question. I can say that more Americans are dying today, but as far as Iraqis it is impossible to ascertain. The fact of the matter is that innocent Iraqis are dying every day due to the ability of the insurgents to carry out their attacks. Their lives continue to be threatened by their doing nothing but trying to live their lives.
Well no wonder I had to change my first question... nobody would answer it. And I see you keep changing topic and haven't answered the second one either.

Just answer me this:

Do you truly believe that our presence in Iraq will end up saving innocent lives in the future?

This is something I'm afraid everyone against the war is ignoring.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #44
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:

Well no wonder I had to change my first question... nobody would answer it.
did you not read what I wrote? yeesh...

Quote:
And I see you keep changing topic and haven't answered the second one either.
??? You switched the topic to a new question and then you accuse me of "changing the topic"?? very odd, very odd.

see above, as I said I don't believe the second question can be answered.

Quote:
Just answer me this:

Do you truly believe that our presence in Iraq will end up saving innocent lives in the future?

This is something I'm afraid everyone against the war is ignoring.
The goal of our program is to make Iraq stable, and if that goal is acheived then yes there will be less loss of life in the future. If Iraq is not stabilized and there continues to be anarchy in many parts of their country like we see today then no, there will be continued loss of innocent lives.
Clearly the presence of our troops doesn't guarantee that innocent lives will not be taken.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #45
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

What's wrong with rephrasing a question if nobody will answer it?

How can the question not be answered? Because you can't face the truth that us establishing democracy in less fortunate countries will save thousands, possibly millions of people from starving, being tortured or even murdered.

Why shouldn't we help Iraq out? I realize there are still people dying but the cause is right, and less people will end up dead in the long run.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote