Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #41
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagullstalker35
no one has mentioned how terrible a shooter hughes is? hughes is a slightly better version of marquis daniels, although his contract makes him less desirable than daniels. hughes has good handles, decent passer, cant shoot a lick. he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. hughes wouldnt fit with this team.
I tend to agree, however he does play really good defense.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #42
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Larry Hughes is one of the worst players in the league. The dude hasn't shot over 41% from the field in the past 5 years. He can't rebound, he can't pass. Hughes has been a tremendous disappointment every place he's been and they can't wait to unload his worthless ass.

Do some of you not even watch the f'n NBA? Jeezus. It's not 2005 anymore.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #43
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ a bit much, but pretty close to the truth.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #44
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Howard for Iguodala?????? Will this happen plus the Sixers throw in Willie Green to back-up Kidd?????? Very Interesting......Very Interesting....Very Interesting.....
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Willie Green to back up Kidd?

...do you watch the NBA?

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 08-06-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'd want Hughes on my team.

.....if the team were a fantasy NBA team in a league where the only statistical category that counted was Steals Per Game, or if the league awarded bonus points for having a shooting guard who manages to shoot worse than your average 45 year old dad at the YMCA.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Time seriously:

In '76 they need beside Miller/Brand/Dalembert shooters from outdoors they can create her own shoot. So PF Evans is available.

Mavs need young players, they give new impulses, move to the basket and can well defend.

Hawks probably want to pay attention to theirs salary, want to change the next year " after Bibby " something and have Williams on the position SF. You want to deliver to a departure of Smith absolutely Claxton with and would need as a countermove PF position, best of all to low costs;

Trade between Mavs / in '76 / Hawks:

Josh/Stack for Jguodala/Evans/Jason Smith .. Evans/Bass/Terry/09 First Pic for Smith/Claxton

Mavs..Diop/Damp..Nowitzki/Jason Smith..Josh Smith/Wrigth..Iguodala/Green..Kidd/Claxton
Hawks..Jones/Pachulia..Evans/Bass..Williams/Richardson..Johnson/Terry..Bibby/Terry
76..Dalembert/Randolph..Brand/Hill..Josh/Young..Stack/Green..Miller/Williams

What do you think?

Last edited by mbaur; 08-07-2008 at 09:56 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #48
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you smoke crack all the time! Especially while you are coming up with these trade ideas!
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #49
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Willie Green to back up Kidd?

...do you watch the NBA?
Do you ?????????????? Willie Green has played the PG slot many times during games. He is cat quick, takes the ball strong to the basket, very good outside shot and plays tough hard nose defense. Does this not spell a very good back-up to Kidd, especially against bigger tougher PG? Willie is 6'4 and very solid built. This guy would excel in our system. He is exactly what we need at the PG slot at times. He can get to the basket at will and play solid tough defense on PG. I would rather have Willie Green at PG than J.J. ANYDAY of the week. Right now, we have J.J. as back-up to Kidd. I also would rather have Willie guarding Chris Paul, Parker, Nash, Deron W, Billups, Wade type players than J.J.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #50
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Time seriously:

In '76 they need beside Miller/Brand/Dalembert shooters from outdoors they can create her own shoot. So PF Evans is available.

Mavs need young players, they give new impulses, move to the basket and can well defend.

Hawks probably want to pay attention to theirs salary, want to change the next year " after Bibby " something and have Williams on the position SF. You want to deliver to a departure of Smith absolutely Claxton with and would need as a countermove PF position, best of all to low costs;

Trade between Mavs / in '76 / Hawks:

Josh/Stack for Jguodala/Evans/Jason Smith .. Evans/Bass/Terry for Smith/Claxton

Mavs..Diop/Damp..Nowitzki/Jason Smith..Josh Smith/Wrigth..Iguodala/Green..Kidd/Claxton
Hawks..Jones/Pachulia..Evans/Bass..Williams/Richardson..Johnson/Terry..Bibby/Terry
76..Dalembert/Randolph..Brand/Hill..Josh/Young..Stack/Green..Miller/Williams

What do you think?
Where do you come up with these trade ideas? Did the trade go through in NBA Live 08?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #51
alby
Guru

Right now, JET is the backup PG/SG

Contact Me
Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right now, JET is the backup PG/SG
Um, who's the starting SG?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #53
alby
Guru

Some scrub =\

Even if JET started at SG, he would be the primary backup PG.

Contact Me
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #54
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKNOWITZKI
hoopshype.com says Larry Hughes to Mavs for Erick Dampier is in the works

I think an interesting trade for Damp would be:

Damp + JHo + Eddie Jones to the Clippers for:
Kaman + Mobley + Thomas

The Ciipps give up Caveman but they also get rid of two very large contracts to aging vets. Damp becomes Camby's backup and JHo plays the SF with Thornton starting at PF. The Mavs get their low post scorer who is developing a chemistry with Dirk in the Olympics. True, the Mavs take on these aging vets for a couple of years, but Mobley played 35 mpg last year and he's a legitimate SG at 6'4". Thomas can be another shooter off the bench. Mavs might consider starting Dirk, Kaman, Kidd, Mobley, and Wright (at SF). The Mavs bench looks pretty good with JET, Bass, Diop, and Thomas.

Last edited by purplefrog; 08-06-2008 at 10:45 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not sure why everyone is so high on Wright - I've seen too little of him to start him over Bass and he hasn't PROVEN anything more in a Mavs uniform than Gerald Green (at this point...)

I don't know if Kaman/Dirk/Wright/Mobley/Kidd is really any better than Damp/Dirk/Howard/JET/Kidd - it seems like we're trading a weakness at the 2 for a weakness at the 3 (so I guess it really depends on how much Kaman can actually bring to the table in Carlisle's system...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #56
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some scrub =\

Even if JET started at SG, he would be the primary backup PG.
!

Not sure if Carlisle would want to change back to JET being the starting SG. I would rather have the size there and the spark off the bench.

I agree Jet is Kidds backup.

Wright definitely HAS proven more than Green in a Mav uni. He played solid in the mins he got. He makes smart decisions most of the time, unlike Green.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #57
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Wright definitely HAS proven more than Green in a Mav uni. He played solid in the mins he got. He makes smart decisions most of the time, unlike Green.
"Solid" doesn't necessarily equal "starter" (especially on a "win-now" team...)

I'm just saying that I haven't seen anything more out of Wright than "role-player" (not that Green is better - they're just both unknowns when it comes to whether they can actually handle the responsibility of starting on a team that hopes to prove that the Kidd trade wasn't their biggest blunder since letting Nash walk...)

God, I hope we make a trade!

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #58
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
I think you smoke crack all the time! Especially while you are coming up with these trade ideas!
Not the first one... Link. Although I would like the moves, they will never, never ever happen. But he has a great fantasy though
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #59
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
"Solid" doesn't necessarily equal "starter" (especially on a "win-now" team...)

I'm just saying that I haven't seen anything more out of Wright than "role-player" (not that Green is better - they're just both unknowns when it comes to whether they can actually handle the responsibility of starting on a team that hopes to prove that the Kidd trade wasn't their biggest blunder since letting Nash walk...)

God, I hope we make a trade!
Isn't 4th year often a breakout year for NBA players? Maybe Wright will impress us this year.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #60
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I actually remember Wright doing some really good things towards the end of the season. I remember being impressed with his outside shot and his passing ability.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #61
alby
Guru

Wright showed a lot in NJ which is a plus
but Green showed a lot in Boston as well

they are both pretty similar in terms of where they are in their respective NBA careers.. maybe one can become a solid contributor in the top 8 but we are talking about the starting shooting guard position here.

Contact Me
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #62
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

they are both pretty similar in terms of where they are in their respective NBA careers.. maybe one can become a solid contributor in the top 8 but we are talking about the starting shooting guard position here.
You never know about young guys till you put them in that position.

I have no idea how any of the Mavs will be in a Carlisle system.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #63
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like we've seen more of substance from Wright at this point in their respective careers...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I can see where you are going, I can agree with some of it, but not all of it. I don't think they are at the same points in their careers. I don't think Wright had the same kind of pub that Green was getting as he was coming out of high school or when Wright went into college. This might sound the same, but it's in the wording: Wright is trying to establish a career, Green is trying to salvage his.

I would say Wright is farther along than Green is. Wright seems to have the better sense of defense, and the court vision is there and the BBall IQ might be a little bit better with him as well. Green has better explosion and maybe a better stroke, but we just haven't seen either show their shooting consistently over substantial time period.

Neither are can't miss options at SG right now, but hopefully one or both can become that person we need. It's better to have multiple young options than none at all.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #65
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

is there a deal happening or what? i'm not buying it!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #66
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Um, who's the starting SG?
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #67
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereaper

oh hell to the no...
Old 08-07-2008, 04:03 AM   #68
Mah23

Mah23 will become famous soon enough

Is Hubert Davis still under contract?
Mah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #69
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001
Where do you come up with these trade ideas? Did the trade go through in NBA Live 08?
I am form Europe, here much more trades per periode, in Basketball, Football...

And it's true, i don't really understand the nba trade rules and motivation..

What's rong with this trades, all teams earns value on their new roster, salary or future planning, or not?

Don't play Computergames, but i am NBA fan, and i am dreaming of an play off trip, but for losing in the first round??

A old veteran is also thinking trade moves are to do:
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...has-close.html

Last edited by mbaur; 08-07-2008 at 09:58 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #70
Ring_for_Dirk

Ring_for_Dirk is on a distinguished road

I love it, but don't think it runs, Hawks need PF

Send Josh or someone for incoming PF and trade this one and Bass for Smith..

Do you love Smith too?
Ring_for_Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote