Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #41
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_817 View Post
This from mdug on twitter
"@mdug: Not a reliable source, but also remember that, in his book, Donaghy claimed Crawford bragged about Mavs record when he officiated."
Thoughts?
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...nti-cuban-bias

Quote:
Ex-con/ex-referee Tim Donaghy confirmed what folks in Dallas have long suspected: NBA executives and officials are biased against Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

Donaghy, who made an appearance on ESPN 103.3’s Galloway and Co. to promote his book “Personal Foul,” said that bias cost the Mavericks games and played a significant role in their collapse after taking a 2-0 lead in the 2006 Finals.

“I think there was numerous games,” Donaghy said. “Obviously Mark was very outspoken in regard to the referees. Referees have personal vendettas that they take out on certain players, coaches and owners. Mark was certainly one of those people.”

Donaghy claimed that Danny Crawford bragged that the Mavericks rarely won playoff games that he officiated, information Donaghy used to place bets against the Mavs. The Mavs have lost 15 of their last 16 playoffs game that Crawford worked.

If Donaghy can be believed, there were two major officiating factors in the controversial Finals collapse that was fueled by Dwyane Wade free throws. He said referees are trained to favor teams that are down in playoff series. And then there’s the anti-Cuban bias.

“It had been told to me behind the scenes that they were actually happy in the NBA office when Dallas was knocked out from the playoffs,” Donaghy said, “because it was less complaints from Mark, it was less e-mails from Mark and it was less work that they had to do.”

Of course, Cuban surely fired off a few e-mails after the Finals.

Cuban’s e-mail response to Donaghy’s comments on Thursday: "My position hasn't changed. But I've already paid for stating it, so I'm not going to repeat it."
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I like how the bolded line from McMillan acknowledges exactly why his team didn't get many FT's in Game 1.

Stomp these mamby-pamby pole smokers into the ground!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

maybe if we blow the story up so much that everyone knows about it, crawford will call the game fair or favor us just to try to prove that the nba isn't rigged after all.

i doubt it though
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the Masterplan is to give Portland a game in Dallas, then let them go 3:1 with two home wins with "normal home cooking". Game 6 will go to Salvatore to make really sure that the Mavs dont make a comeback in this series

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
maybe if we blow the story up so much that everyone knows about it, crawford will call the game fair or favor us just to try to prove that the nba isn't rigged after all.

i doubt it though
we are blowing it up since 2006 and nothing changed. Stern will never pull him off Mavs games or people could take it as admitting that even they know that something is going wrong with the Mavs-Dan combo.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #46
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

The NBA is so ridiculous...Stern allows this to happen. SMH its sickening
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #47
kenny_817

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
we are blowing it up since 2006 and nothing changed.
this^
Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #48
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

You know what? F*ck Dan Crawford, F*ck the Trailblazers, and f*ck all the whiny ass b*tches. I'm mother effing pumped for this game and the Mavs better kick them all in the nuts.

hell yes
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO41 View Post
You know what? F*ck Dan Crawford, F*ck the Trailblazers, and f*ck all the whiny ass b*tches. I'm mother effing pumped for this game and the Mavs better kick them all in the nuts.

hell yes

This.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #50
kenny_817

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO41 View Post

hell yes
I wish it were that simple
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #51
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_817 View Post
I wish it were that simple

Don't be a downer.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #52
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

may need a blowout to stop dan from doing his thing. so lets get out of the gate strong and never let them get within 5 after halftime!
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that scene from Remember the Titans where the refs are rigging the semi-final game to make the Titans lose so Boone will get fired? Bertier stares down that one ref after he's been making a bunch of BS calls... that's what I want to see from the Mavs tonight. Dominate the Blazers thoroughly, stare down Crawford, and dare him to make BS calls.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #54
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

dirk will need to score 50. it's that simple.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #55
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
"The Mavs are 4-14 against the betting line in playoff games officiated by Crawford."

I'm surprised ESPN allowed him to present this fact in this way...to conclude the article.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #56
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
"The Mavs are 4-14 against the betting line in playoff games officiated by Crawford."

I'm surprised ESPN allowed him to present this fact in this way...to conclude the article.
I was too. This post is actually no longer on the blog haha.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #57
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

How did we even get that win? Was Crawford sick? Perhaps he sprained an eyeball.

We beat Phoenix by 16 to overcome Crawford. We probably need to do it again.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #58
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Dirk dropped 50
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #59
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Why is the NBA such a fxcking joke? Mavs fans all see we're getting Dan Crawford and everyone instantly gets depressed. That man shouldn't be allowed to ref Mavs games, period. It's no surprise Stern and his minions are using him for this crucial game. What a fxcking joke, I'm beyond pissed. Mavs have to find a way to get this win.

Edit- If Crawford screws us tonight I hope there's a riot. Fxck it. How can one man consistently screw a team for years and years like that?! I mean, yes I know you hate Mark Cuban but don't take it out on our veteran players. This really sucks.

Last edited by LSMF; 04-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #60
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

btw its my birthday.... last time we played the blazers on my birthday in the playoffs in 2003 we won 96-86... i expect a repeat (i don't want this series to go down to game 7 though)
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #61
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
I was too. This post is actually no longer on the blog haha.
Yeah...what happened to the much longer version of the post with all the stats about free-throw attempts? It's been replaced with a much shorter one. What gives?

*edit* NVM, MacMahon added that stuff back in along with quotes from Carlisle.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-19-2011 at 12:36 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #62
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Portland has this game.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #63
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I hope we win tonight game!!!
Go Mavericks!!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #64
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win anyway. Book it.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #65
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
btw its my birthday.... last time we played the blazers on my birthday in the playoffs in 2003 we won 96-86... i expect a repeat (i don't want this series to go down to game 7 though)
Happy B-day brother, hopefully the Mavs beat Dan Crawford and the FailBlazers tonight as your B-day gift.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #66
sefant77
Guru

So how much is tonight our Dan Crawford spread? 5 points? 10 Points?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #67
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, could things be stacked any more against us?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #68
kenny_817

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Wow, could things be stacked any more against us?
Dirk could be a DNP?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #69
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Consider Danny Crawford's arrival good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim MacMahon
DALLAS -- On second thought, don’t worry, Mavericks fans. Consider it good news that Danny Crawford will work Game 2.

That might not seem like it makes any sense whatsoever. After all, the Mavs have lost 16 of their last 17 games that Crawford worked in the playoffs, including a few heartbreakers during a six-game losing streak.

But think about the microscope that Crawford will be operating under at the American Airlines Center. His assignment to this game is national news. Every questionable call he makes will be magnified and examined – by media, bloggers, fans, Mark Cuban and the NBA office, one would assume.

“Oh, so you guys are going to print that and hope that …,” Portland coach Nate McMillan said when informed of the Mavs’ record with Crawford working.

McMillan didn’t finish the sentence. Not to put words in McMillan’s mouth, but a fitting ending would have been, “he’ll feel pressure not to make calls against the Mavs.”

With the spotlight shining on Crawford, he can’t afford to fuel the conspiracy theory that he has an anti-Mavs bias. If Crawford makes calls to fuel that fire, it just might cause him to be fired. An NBA spokesman did not reply to an emailed question about whether the league has reviewed the Dallas playoff games officiated by Crawford, but rest assured that Cuban has at least brought the issue to the attention of the commissioner and other authorities.

(That conspiracy theory was confirmed by disgraced ref Tim Donaghy, whose words must be taken with a boulder of salt, of course. The ex-con told ESPN 103.3’s Galloway and Company during an appearance last season that Crawford bragged about the Mavs’ misery in games he worked, information that Donaghy considered a gambling guide. Oh, and Donaghy will be back on GAC at 5 p.m. today.)

It’d be crazy for Crawford to give any additional ammo that he’s crooked when it comes to the Mavs. With this kind of pressure, I’ll predict that Crawford calls it straight and the players decide the outcome.

I'm not the only one thinking this way, by the way. I changed my mind after a conversation with a Mavs insider.
Go go silver lining spin!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #70
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Mavs win anyway. Book it.
This is the correct mentality. I'm not going to even stress over the refs anymore. I hope the Mavs leave it all out there tonight and get the W.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #71
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Althought MacMohan makes an okay point there, I can't believe they pay him for that crap.

He seriously "reported" that first piece and then followed up with a " On second thought, don’t worry, Mavericks fans. Consider it good news that Danny Crawford will work Game 2."

GTFO. Hire BG.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #72
fluid.forty.one

By the way, LSMF, if you want to say Fuck.. say Fuck. For whatever reason (maybe it's the font) the combination of letters F x c k makes my eyes really uncomfortable. Maybe use an * or something, but honestly "fxck" hurts my eyes.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Althought MacMohan makes an okay point there, I can't believe they pay him for that crap.

He seriously "reported" that first piece and then followed up with a " On second thought, don’t worry, Mavericks fans. Consider it good news that Danny Crawford will work Game 2."

GTFO. Hire BG.
That made me laugh...thanks. That's probably never going to happen though lol.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #74
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By the way, LSMF, if you want to say Fuck.. say Fuck. For whatever reason (maybe it's the font) the combination of letters F x c k makes my eyes really uncomfortable. Maybe use an * or something, but honestly "fxck" hurts my eyes.
fuckity fuck fuck.. f*ck!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #75
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
Happy Birthday, bro.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #76
xrobx
Diamond Member

i'm basically going around on every internet blog, sports forum, etc. i can think of and posting about how everybody needs to put money on the blazers because stern sent crawford and the fix is on, etc. so hopefully this helps the world put him under a microscope like the article suggests.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That made me laugh...thanks. That's probably never going to happen though lol.
It won't because you'll be working for the Mavs directly, not ESPNDallas.

And actually, T-Mac makes a good point. This is the most extreme media coverage of the Crawford thing I've ever seen. For a long time it was just Fish, and nobody outside of hardcore Mavs fans really follows him. But last year Game 3 and now, you've got a major neutral third-party media site covering it. That's really interesting.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #78
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It won't because you'll be working for the Mavs directly, not ESPNDallas.

And actually, T-Mac makes a good point. This is the most extreme media coverage of the Crawford thing I've ever seen. For a long time it was just Fish, and nobody outside of hardcore Mavs fans really follows him. But last year Game 3 and now, you've got a major neutral third-party media site covering it. That's really interesting.
Haha

He said he's had the info for a while but didn't get it until it was too late for last year. Basically, he's just been sitting on it waiting for the opportunity to come. It's been talked about for a while...just waiting for the moment.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean they've got to play again? I thought the Mavs just won the NBA Championship?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #80
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And retarded at the same time.

Anyway, ESPNDallas is making a HUGE deal about Crawford reffing game 2.

Really?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1-17, 2-0 > foolish tags, 5-on-6, crawford=mavs loss, crawfordsuxabigfatdick, jet should headbutt batum, mavs > crawford, nba=fixed, no butler = lost playoff, practice some fts haywood, screw you dan crawford, we lost already, ya bunch of party poopers