Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The Mavs have lost only 2 home games since February 12th. I'm taking the Mavs on Sunday for sure.
Sunday is a big one:
Our game
Utah AT New Orleans
Portland AT Houston

That's not the ultimate make or break day for us, but if we win that game and Utah does what Utah does on the road...Wednesday vs Utah will be massive.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think "vex" is getting added to your playbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Well guys, I smoked some cigarettes so I'm a little calm.

2. the jazz lost tonight. Vexing we didn't capitalize by winning, but at the same time it leaves the door open for a #7 seed.
Go figure...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Game told us what we all know already. The Mavs need another legit scorer. The don't have him.

Loved the hard-nose defense the Mavs were playing in the last half of the fourth though. Just does no good if they can't score.
i know. it's so hard for us to score when the game and defense tighten up in the 4th. can't wait till we land a low post scorer and penetrator this summer. Dirk deserves it.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #44
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Holy crap. You mean that abortion of a team we saw in minn beat Utah?? Their fans have to be more pissed than us!
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #45
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I dunno, I'm just a vexed man.

Vexed by the whistles stealing our beloved 2006 NBA Championship.

Vexed by the Warriors hitting a bunch of luck ass 3's in 2007

Vexed by J-Ho taking off a playoff series last year

Vexed by the inconsistencies of this season.

Why are our beloved Mavs plagued by Murphy's Law?!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #46
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Dirk was great in the 3rd but unfortunately was missing in the crucial 4th quarter. He must have been really tired after carrying the Mavs most of the game.
Dirk had good looks in the 4th quarter. He makes two of those and we win. A long season is catching up with him, I guess. I can't see us winning in the playoffs with him being tired. The defense will be all over him and when he's not able to score, a streaky Terry, a few threes from Kidd, some dunks from Bass, the occasional three from Wright, and some layups from Barea won't get us far. This has "Early Exit" written all over it...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #47
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Dirk had good looks in the 4th quarter. He makes two of those and we win. A long season is catching up with him, I guess. I can't see us winning in the playoffs with him being tired. The defense will be all over him and when he's not able to score, a streaky Terry, a few threes from Kidd, some dunks from Bass, the occasional three from Wright, and some layups from Barea won't get us far. This has "Early Exit" written all over it...
In the past few years we go into the playoffs and get wiped out in the first round by teams "we should have beat", I only hope we go into the playoffs this year lose and pull our own miracle. But, I agree it definately looks like an Early Exit.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dunno, I'm just a vexed man.

Vexed by the whistles stealing our beloved 2006 NBA Championship.

Vexed by the Warriors hitting a bunch of luck ass 3's in 2007

Vexed by J-Ho taking off a playoff series last year

Vexed by the inconsistencies of this season.

Why are our beloved Mavs plagued by Murphy's Law?!
The word that would best describe this feeling...would be "haunted."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #49
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I give up on this team~ we suck.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wright is slowly serving no purpose other than being a bad band-aid. The wing defense was the worst I've seen all season...

If Howard doesn't play next game, then I say bench him for the rest of the season like Detroit did with Iverson. I think it's detrimental to the rest of the team's psyche to keep going back and forth with this. His ankle requires surgery and is just painful for him so why keep on with this?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-04-2009 at 08:19 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

last night sure was a kick in the nuts.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #52
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

This mavs team is so inconsistent, i dont know how much longer of this i can take =\

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #53
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

dammit Mavs
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #54
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This mavs team is so inconsistent, i dont know how much longer of this i can take =\
Well if you've hung around for 76 games what's 6 more games?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #55
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Well, at least they are consistent inconsistent...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-04-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #56
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Lets just hope it becomes good inconsistent in the playoffs.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #57
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so vexed.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #58
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
I give up on this team~ we suck.
/season
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that game yielded the results I expected or wanted.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #60
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you've hung around for 76 games what's 6 more games?
I've been hanging around since the 03 WCF. (during the 90's i was too young to realize what basketball was)

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-04-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #61
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not sure that game yielded the results I expected or wanted.
I'm not sure any fan really knows what to expect from the team game after game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You can almost chart our performance by the percentage of 3's that jet takes. Last night was ridiculous..

He was 5-12 fga's. He was 3-8 on 3s.

He was 8-12 3pas!!!! 67% of his shots were 3s!! Dang it jet...you might as well not be out there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #63
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And the scary f'n thing about it Dude was Jason Terry or Barea (take your pick) was the f'n small forward for big chunks of the game.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #64
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You can almost chart our performance by the percentage of 3's that jet takes. Last night was ridiculous..

He was 5-12 fga's. He was 3-8 on 3s.

He was 8-12 3pas!!!! 67% of his shots were 3s!! Dang it jet...you might as well not be out there.
hm
so he was 2 of 4 on 2 pt shots - > 1 pt per shot in average.
3 of 8 on 3 pt ->1.125 pts per shot in average
his EFG% was over 50%.
Our main problem is/was defense and rebounding usually we have either one or the other. With the small lineup yesterday we had neither.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #65
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

The 3pt line is fortune's fool.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #66
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wright is slowly serving no purpose other than being a bad band-aid. The wing defense was the worst I've seen all season...

If Howard doesn't play next game, then I say bench him for the rest of the season like Detroit did with Iverson. I think it's detrimental to the rest of the team's psyche to keep going back and forth with this. His ankle requires surgery and is just painful for him so why keep on with this?
Speaking of Iverson...how about offering him the full MLE in the offseason?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #67
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Speaking of Iverson...how about offering him the full MLE in the offseason?

Honestly, he's the last thing this team needs. Another older guy who has lost a step who's a volume shooter. This team desperately needs a knock down shooter.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #68
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Barf.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #69
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Well, at least they are consistent inconsistent...
And that's what you can expect from LeBr- I mean, the Dallas Mavericks, is the unexpected.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #70
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

this game hurt

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote