Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #41
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

I freaking love Brian Cardinal, but I can't wait to see Wright establish a role as the season goes along... And I have zero doubt that this will happen, Rick has shown he knows what he's doing... It's too bad we're so loaded at that position, because I also think Shawn Williams could be productive in limited minutes, then again I think they consider Williams a Center...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #42
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This would be great.

The guy has done very well in the limited number of minutes he's been given in garbage time. How he would perform when it actually counts, we dont know. But I'm sure it wouldn't be worse than what Brian Cardinal is giving us right now.
How can you not have a little love for BC?

Most of the minutes he's been getting are mop up duty anyway...

And I don't know if you turned the last couple games off after it was obvious the Mavs would win by a lot, but if you were watching, you might have noticed Cardinal out there taking numerous hard charging fouls, even though the game was already out of hand in our favor, and we're talking some pretty hard hits he took... Any player that is that committed to the team and playing the right way, deserves a little love from the fans... Aside from that, Cardinal is tough and annoying to play against, and his effort is never in question...

Cardinal's role on this team is undoubtedly a small one, but it's defined, and in my opinion, it's an important role...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Brian take that late charge...that was something else and the arena loved it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #44
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Enough is enough, no more excuses. What does this guy have to do to get PT? He was amazing against OKC. He has thrived in EVERY opportunity he's had. Tonight he could have easily had some of Odom & Ian's minutes.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Enough is enough, no more excuses. What does this guy have to do to get PT? He was amazing against OKC. He has thrived in EVERY opportunity he's had. Tonight he could have easily had some of Odom & Ian's minutes.
My immediate reaction was that he probably should have taken some of Ian's minutes, but on second thought I think I like letting Ian play through rough patches. He has to learn how to fight through nights like that, and I don't think there's any question that Ian is more important to the Mavs moving forward.

You obviously have to balance that against winning games, but I think Ian's development is important enough to let him struggle some.

I think you could make a similar argument for Odom, but more than anything I just don't think they view Wright as a PF in this system.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think Wright has as much, if not more, potential than Ian. I have no doubt that he could replicate him numbers in the same minutes (his Per 36 surpass them). Obviously Ian is currently more familiar with the system, but it just seems silly to not try and get Wright more minutes. He's a natural 4, so I don't get the reticence to play him there.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly think Wright has as much, if not more, potential than Ian. I have no doubt that he could replicate him numbers in the same minutes (his Per 36 surpass them). Obviously Ian is currently more familiar with the system, but it just seems silly to not try and get Wright more minutes. He's a natural 4, so I don't get the reticence to play him there.
He may have more potential but Ian is much, much further along. Ian's had a damn nice start to this season. If he strings together a handful of nights like tonight I'd definitely be on board with giving Wright some of his minutes, but I'm not interesting in yanking his minutes around when he plays bad within one game. He's too good for that at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #48
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He may have more potential but Ian is much, much further along. Ian's had a damn nice start to this season. If he strings together a handful of nights like tonight I'd definitely be on board with giving Wright some of his minutes, but I'm not interesting in yanking his minutes around when he plays bad within one game. He's too good for that at this point.
I agree, on the whole, Ian has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not saying yank his minutes...I'm just saying that Wright should be getting maybe 5 of them (and 5 from Odom) a night...especially on night's when Ian/Odom are struggling.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I agree, on the whole, Ian has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not saying yank his minutes...I'm just saying that Wright should be getting maybe 5 of them (and 5 from Odom) a night...especially on night's when Ian/Odom are struggling.
I'd be fine with that. And I bet it will happen over the next few games if Ian continues to struggle. Hibbert was probably a factor tonight. He played 37 minutes and Wright just can't match up physically with him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #50
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'd be fine with that. And I bet it will happen over the next few games if Ian continues to struggle. Hibbert was probably a factor tonight. He played 37 minutes and Wright just can't match up physically with him.
Yeah, I think RC held off on playing Wright because of Hibbert. I was at the game tonight, and Hibbert is huge. I will say this, Brandan is freaking fast. The Mavs took off on a fast break and Wright looked like he was shot out of a cannon coming down the court. I'd like to see him get more time.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #51
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

Brandan can't really get minutes at the center position, a guy like Hibbert who is (according to nba.com) 50 LBS heavier! As much as I like his game he's way to light to defend on centers like that. That's why Ian and Lamar who are both 20-30 pounds heavier don't lose minutes.
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #52
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
Brandan can't really get minutes at the center position, a guy like Hibbert who is (according to nba.com) 50 LBS heavier! As much as I like his game he's way to light to defend on centers like that. That's why Ian and Lamar who are both 20-30 pounds heavier don't lose minutes.
This is a fail on so many levels.

1. Wright is getting most of his minutes at the 5, not the 4. Even though he's a prototypical 4, for some reason RC seems to view him as a 5.

2. Odom plays the 3/4 here, so Wright getting some of his minutes has nothing to do with guarding centers.

3. I don't put a ton of stock in the NBA listings...BUT, Odom & Ian are listed at 230 lbs. Wright at 245. Even if that's off, it doesn't go from Wright weighing 15 lbs. MORE to 20-30 LESS.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
CadBane
Banned

"Brandan Wright has produced virtually every time we’ve put him in the game. He’s doing a terrific job."

Glad to see that RC agrees.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Giving Ian a DNP-CD was really weird, and I haven't seen it addressed in the media. I wonder if they're concerned about Ian hitting a wall. He's never played in anything resembling a rotation and now he's playing consistent minutes in a season like this.

I hope it was related to that, and not "punishment" of some sort for a poor game.

I do like seeing Wright play though, he's very exciting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-05-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #55
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Jthig, it may be a motivation tactic. Brendan and Ian both need to be pushed. And giving him the night off and seeing what Wright can do might just do the trick. A way of Carlisle saying: don't take your job for granted.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #56
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Brandan Wright has produced virtually every time we’ve put him in the game. He’s doing a terrific job."

Glad to see that RC agrees.
Happy that he's actually showing it. Too bad I missed the game. D'oh!

Now if he would just quit giving Yi Jianlian minutes over him at the 4, we'd be in business!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #57
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Happy that he's actually showing it. Too bad I missed the game. D'oh!

Now if he would just quit giving Yi Jianlian minutes over him at the 4, we'd be in business!
Yeah, Wright was one of the few bright spots.

I agree with Thig that Ian shouldn't have his minutes cut cold turkey (was probably just a statement) but I really hope RC continues to give BW 10-20.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #58
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think Ian not playing was a combination of motivating him, getting Wright more minutes finally, and mostly REST. Ian has played a key role and a ton of minutes this season, don't want him to burn out. Most of our key guys have had some down time this year with games being missed, so I think that's probably all it was. It will be interesting to see how much he plays against Denver.

Edit: Could also be matchup related as well. Haywood a better matchup on Verajo and Dirk/Odom better on Jamison.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 02-06-2012 at 02:24 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Giving Ian a DNP-CD was really weird, and I haven't seen it addressed in the media. I wonder if they're concerned about Ian hitting a wall. He's never played in anything resembling a rotation and now he's playing consistent minutes in a season like this.

I hope it was related to that, and not "punishment" of some sort for a poor game.

I do like seeing Wright play though, he's very exciting.
I'm hoping to get some more info on this today.

Interesting tidbit:
Minutes played last year by Ian: 488
Minutes already played this year by Ian: 485
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #60
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
I think Ian not playing was a combination of motivating him, getting Wright more minutes finally, and mostly REST. Ian has played a key role and a ton of minutes this season, don't want him to burn out. Most of our key guys have had some down time this year with games being missed, so I think that's probably all it was. It will be interesting to see how much he plays against Denver.

Edit: Could also be matchup related as well. Haywood a better matchup on Verajo and Dirk/Odom better on Jamison.

Haywood is most certainly not a better matchup on Varejao, who is one of the fastest, most agile big man in the league. I think Carlisle just rested him to be honest, a key rotation player getting DNP'd? What else could it be? Or maybe he had some minor problem prior the game? Not a big deal imo, Ian delivered on most nights this year, Carlisle will obviously keep playing him. Roddy's situation is a little different, he's probably out of the main rotation once Kidd comes back.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Haywood is most certainly not a better matchup on Varejao, who is one of the fastest, most agile big man in the league. I think Carlisle just rested him to be honest, a key rotation player getting DNP'd? What else could it be? Or maybe he had some minor problem prior the game? Not a big deal imo, Ian delivered on most nights this year, Carlisle will obviously keep playing him. Roddy's situation is a little different, he's probably out of the main rotation once Kidd comes back.
I sure hope not. Play him the rest of the season, stick with him and see what happens. There are going to be ups and downs but we have to know what he can do. Besides, Kidd hasn't been very impressive at all to me.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Probably not a surprise to anyone here that i agree with you, i want Roddy to stay in the main rotation, and Carlisle to find him at least 20 minutes every night, i just don't think that's what going to happen.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roddy's situation is a little different, he's probably out of the main rotation once Kidd comes back.
Cut him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #64
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Cut him.
Come on now, you're just teasing me. You gotta know cutting him doesn't make any sense at this point, he still has some relatively good trade value, still youngish, and he could be one of those players we could actually keep if we strike gold in summer. Why would you wanna cut him?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Come on now, you're just teasing me. You gotta know cutting him doesn't make any sense at this point, he still has some relatively good trade value, still youngish, and he could be one of those players we could actually keep if we strike gold in summer. Why would you wanna cut him?

Just my way of poking some folks with a sharp stick.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #66
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Just my way of poking some folks with a sharp stick.
It's all right, i'm not mad at you... until you blast poor Roddy again.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #67
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance that Mike Fisher can hawk some "Free Brandan" shirts with an image that may be misconstrued as having slavery connotations (and appearing to be designed by a 5-year-old with severe head trauma), all while awkwardly issuing a "That's What She Said" after his own setup line on a Mavs postgame show while simultaneously offending a female co-host with creepy sexual innuendo?

I know that there's no way that could ever happen, but you never know.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #68
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Jet has come out and said that if it was up to him...Wright would play every game 5-20 mins
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #69
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
all while awkwardly issuing a "That's What She Said" after his own setup line on a Mavs postgame show while simultaneously offending a female co-host with creepy sexual innuendo?
When did that happen?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #70
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

^^ thats what she said.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #71
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

love this guy
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #72
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So Fish is pretty late with his t-shirts
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #73
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

This guy could have been something special, if he's a little luckier with injuries, just an absolutely amazing physical specimen, people don't move and jump that way when they're 6'11. And he has a 7'6 wingspan, freak of nature. Too bad he's a PF...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #74
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wright's play lately isn't getting much press. He could be taking minutes away from both Mahinmi AND Haywood. His rebounding has to stay up though.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #75
CadBane
Banned

Oh, NOW you guys are on the bandwagon? Not more than a week ago, Fin & I were arguing the masses that it was straight stupid to be playing Yi over Wright.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #76
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Wright is 9th in the NBA in PER at 25.39 in over 150 minutes now. Even if that number is still inflated by some garbage-time minutes, I'm still confident that he can remain above league average if given regular minutes. The battle for minutes among Wright, Haywood, and Mahinmi could get pretty interesting.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #77
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

Rob Mahoney for Off the Dribble: Singing the Praises of Five Unsung Defenders

Quote:
Brandan Wright, Dallas Mavericks

1.1 steals, 4.1 blocks, 0.0 charges taken per 40 minutes (5.2 defensive plays p40; 5th among qualified players)

Injuries and poor fit did well to mask Wright’s athleticism in Golden State and New Jersey, but the 24-year-old big man has been an unexpectedly dynamic asset for the Mavericks this season. Wright’s finishing ability may be his best short-term skill, but his defense has come a long way in the Mavs’ system; there is still ample room for improvement in Wright’s defensive rotations, but his length and willingness to challenge shots in the paint have made the learning curve much less daunting.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #78
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Because apparently some people want to play revisionist history...
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #79
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Bump.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bump.
Nobody cares what you think.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free yourself from fish