Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2002, 05:38 AM   #41
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

So now Dirk is resorting to excuses? He played poorly, he is 100% but he is not playing like it. I don't want to hear excuses, because that's all that is. No need for excuses, just get out and play like we know you can.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2002, 05:43 AM   #42
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

I don't think he is making "excuses", Mavs4Fin. I think the question of what's wrong is being posed to him and he's answering.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:12 AM   #43
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

After watching Dirk the last few years there is no doubt in my mind that he isn't feeling well. Does anybody remember that blowout in Houston? I saw the same mannerisms from Dirk in this game. I hope he pulls it together for game 4!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 09:31 AM   #44
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

Someone posted that in an article it read, "I wont play like that in Game 4, that I promise" or something like that. If he has an illness, what is he doing predicting the future and a miracle will happen and he's cured? If you just listen, you would know that it's a load of garbage. He has sucked, and it was said that he has an illness not an injury. People play with illnesses, and some guys have had their biggest games when ill. I am sure you all remember some of those games, and some even in the finals so this is no excuse. I don't believe Dirk is ill, and I am sure Dirk knows he has just sucked, period. I do not expect this today, I expect a big game from him.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:56 AM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

scooter- your opinion is noted and tossed.

The article posted doesn't even come close to what he said. The use of quotes to post and agenda for your favorite player is just irresponsible imo. Presented a different way, it would have been much better and probably well received but when you state that this was said as fact and use quotes.....it's wrong.

Lvubun1- that's hilarious....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As for not being able to explain why he is not feeling 100% but has no physical disabilites...maybe he has hit the NBA "wall". At some point in every year each player goes through it. It is very well documented and I once Heard Barkley say that the harder you try during the wall period the worse you feel. It takes time, not necc. rest, but time to get through it. It's a thought anyway....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote