Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Chiwas challenges KG, Murph and Crippler

[I reviewed the Community Standars and it seems I can proceed]

I want to make two bets.

1.- $100 dollars to the Eddie's return. If Eddie doesn't play for the Mavs next season, I'll pay you $100 to each of you who accepts the bet. If he plays with the Mavs you, who accepts the bet, will pay me $100. "Plays" means be in the 15 players roster.

2.- $20 dollars every month that Eddie averages more than 16 minutes per game next season to each of you who accepts. The 16 or lower are yours. Without conditions: if Malone or Morning or Duncan comes to Dallas, I don't care. Excepting October but including April like a month and also the playoffs like a month.

Every one of you (KG, Murph or Crippler) can accept one or two of the bets (or none, course).

The second one depends on the first. If you accept the second but Eddie doesn't play for the Mavs next season, it is cancelled.

We can send the money (for the first bet) in the next three days to DJ via Pay-Pal or by other mean, if DJ accepts to receive the money and send it back to the winner(s). If he doesn't accept, I (and you) can send the money to OP or LRB, for instance.

If there is any official anouncement about the subject from the NBA or the Dallas Mavericks, DJ (or who have the money) can pay the winner(s) at the moment; only if we sended the money, course.

If there is reliable information about Eddie's future in the media before you accept (if accept) and send the money, the bet gets canceled.

For the second bet we can send part -or the total- of the money before the season's opening. DJ or who have the money can pay the winner(s) every couple months, say.

P.S. #1.- I WILL DONATE $25 DOLLARS TO D-M PER EVERY $100 THAT I WIN, <u>regardless of the money that I lose</u>.

P.S. #2.- Please keep this thread on topic: <u>if you don't like it, think that is ridiculous, or don't want to participate, please just ignore it</u>. This is not a thread for discussion; it's intended to make 2 bets with KG, Murph, and Crippler. If any of the latter accept, please post it here. If you want to make a reasonable adjustment, send a PM to me. I tried to make this proposal seriously, please keep it the same way.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I just cannot wait for KG and murph's replies to this post.

Although I can challenge anyone that KG AND MURPH can name atleast 20 players in the league who play the same position as Najera and give better production in terms of statistics.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:44 AM   #3
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

TRUE ..very TRUE~

I rather just watch! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:41 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

After further review...it is not likely that this will work.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

1. makes no sense..I have said nothing that would indicate that I believed that Najera would be traded.

2. A definite possiblity. The mavs will do and are doing everything within their power to upgrade at the two positions that the mavs play. Will they be successful, that is yet to be seen. However, they are definitely attempting to do so.

Therefore, whether or not the trade is accepted should depend upon whether or not the Mavs off season plans are successful.

But, I'm definitely interested in part 2.

However, what I would really like to see is for you to actually:

1. not dodge questions that KG asks during a debate
2. when asked to actually show your "sources", do so
3. remotely stay on topic. not go off topic because you're getting your @ss whipped
4. not resort to insults when you're getting your @ss whipped by KG
5. attempt to throw out valid sports points, if you have none, then leave

Just some requests
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:07 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think Murph pretty much summed this up, but I'll add the following:

As for your first bet, the prior thread was about whether Najera SHOULD be traded, not whether he WOULD be traded. I have not once stated that he would be traded, because I have no information indicating that anyone wants him, nor have I heard any trade rumors in which he was involved, other than the Mavs/Bulls rumor this morning, in which he was a throw-in to make salaries work. That didn't stop you from making the claim that four teams wanted him, because you really don't need a valid source to offer up your opinions, apparently.

As for the second bet, I'm not sure what it would prove either. It wouldn't prove Najera's value; it would simply prove whether or not Nellie and the boys had done their job in the offseason. I wouldn't be betting for/against Najera; I'd be betting on Nellie. Try again.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:46 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
2.- $20 dollars every month that Eddie averages more than 16 minutes per game next season to each of you who accepts. The 16 or lower are yours. Without conditions: if Malone or Morning or Duncan comes to Dallas, I don't care. Excepting October but including April like a month and also the playoffs like a month.
Based on last year's minutes, all Najera would have to do is be the 10th man. That is a ridiculous proposal.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:06 AM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Based on last year's minutes, all Najera would have to do is be the 10th man. That is a ridiculous proposal.
To me the minutes seem too many: it's my money which is in risk, and I tried to make the proposal attractive enough to accept it.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Default RE: Chiwas challenges KG, Murph and Crippler

Ok, KG declined.

(Sincerely I was hoping that one or two declined because I think both bets are very tough)

Quote:
Chiwas, are you willing to limit your bet to that condition?
Whew! I don't know. I was thinking in taking the decision right now, before the moves; it would be a toss.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:54 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we should bet on whether or not Najera averages 3.75 defensive rebounds per game...
Old 06-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Maybe we should bet on whether or not Najera is in the top 200 in defensive rebounds per 48 minutes next year.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Maybe we should bet on whether or not Najera is in the top 200 in defensive rebounds per 48 minutes next year.

production numbers. I like that. Chiwas has made the argument before that Najera is more valuable to the team than can be counted in defensive rebounds, though. Maybe we can find someone tracking the team's Najera plus/minus stats. Are production numbers agreeable, Chiwas?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:02 AM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Perhaps we should bet on whether or not Najera averages 3.75 defensive rebounds per game...
I'd take that one. No way he averages that many defensive rebounds per game.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:13 AM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
Quote:

production numbers. I like that. Chiwas has made the argument before that Najera is more valuable to the team than can be counted in defensive rebounds, though. Maybe we can find someone tracking the team's Najera plus/minus stats. Are production numbers agreeable, Chiwas?
I can think about it.

Also, I could bet for rebounds but 3.75 is too high. The bet has to look more equal (I don't know if it's the correct word).

I would want to end up my 2 proposals first, though.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
UL, 16 minutes a game is a rather significant drop as well... the minutes played per game would have to be an issue explored after the wheeling and dealing is done..i'd have to examine the roster to see how the minutes should be distributed
I agree with this. The appropriate time to make a bet about Najera would be AFTER moves are made. That way you're betting about his worth/ability to earn playing time knowing who he will compete with for the playing time.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:12 PM   #16
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i'll vote. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #17
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Of course more of the men of D-M.com can join for the low, low entry fee of $25.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:22 PM   #18
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

i am smelling another lock
Old 06-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

it's at least going to the lounge - it ceased to be about basketball long before the thread was even created.

i've kept quiet on this, but it's time for me to weigh in:

get over it. you, you, you, you, and you. (pointing fingers). all of you. get the f' over it.

obviously there are some things that you all still want to say - and nobody wants to look like they got the short end of the argument stick, so it's gonna inevitably keep bubbling up in public until it's resolved. SO, i propose that you keep it to this thread and duke it out until some sort of civil stasis is achieved. don't spread it into other threads!!!

that's all i have to say about that.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #20
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Would you like to enter the contest Rhylan?...only $25. And, I think you stand a good chance of winning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:02 PM   #21
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

wow, mff, you are one good looking dude. a little too built for my taste though.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 PM   #22
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
wow, mff, you are one good looking dude. a little too built for my taste though.
Tell me do I look better than Najera .

See Najera's pic and compare it with me

Old 06-25-2003, 10:25 PM   #23
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

well, your face is better than eddie's, but your body is just way too built. btw, how do you ever find the time to post here? you must be in the gym constantly to get a body like that!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:16 AM   #24
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

go crippler! will kg and murphy join is now the question...
Old 06-26-2003, 10:36 AM   #25
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

teehee, doc. teehee.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:39 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

I'm glad you found a home in the lounge doc. It suits your skills.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I'm glad you found a home in the lounge doc. It suits your skills.

Since there isn't a jackass forum I guess you will need to remain homeless then.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #28
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

ouch.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
ouch.
It's sad, but the truth hurts.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:05 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

jackass?
not exactly a biting insult
Old 06-26-2003, 11:06 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Who said anything about an attempt at being insulting? I was just being accurate and factual.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

that's fine doc.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #33
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i love this thread so much, im locking it for posterity. if you feel the love as much as i do, feel free to call up your favorite poster and tell them how much of a jackass you think they are.

ciao. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote