Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-31-2004, 05:53 PM   #41
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:It's On!!!! The Official RNC Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"In all seriousness, where are the Reeds, Sturm and Mavdog's of the world? "

Dont sweat it- I am here, listening to all the garbage as usual.
HAHA. Keep talking reeds, you'll never win this battle. You mean to say Rudy G's speech was garbage? Find one false statement in Rudy's speech for us and then we'll discuss this further.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #42
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"HAHA. Keep talking reeds, you'll never win this battle. You mean to say Rudy G's speech was garbage? Find one false statement in Rudy's speech for us and then we'll discuss this further. "

Never win this battle- thats obvious in this right winged board..but it is fun trying..

But to comment on your point- I never said Rudy's speech was garbage..I would have had to listen to it first- and that will never happen
Old 08-31-2004, 08:14 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: It's On!!!! The Official RNC Thread

Sometimes you really have to wonder how some of these folks become national politicians. I think frist better stay a doctor, because I don't think he'll go any further than senator. It will be interesting to see if laura can outspeechify him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:05 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Like last night, arnold is showing the difference in the cores' of the parties. The 'pubs convention is an absolute love-fest for our country.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

No wonder arnold is kicking rear-end out in california....He's awesome. Maybe I need to change my mind on that foreign born presidential candidate deal.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:38 AM   #46
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
"HAHA. Keep talking reeds, you'll never win this battle. You mean to say Rudy G's speech was garbage? Find one false statement in Rudy's speech for us and then we'll discuss this further. "

Never win this battle- thats obvious in this right winged board..but it is fun trying..

But to comment on your point- I never said Rudy's speech was garbage..I would have had to listen to it first- and that will never happen
Come on man... it's at least worth a read. I was able to force myself not to regurgitate my lunch while listening to John Kerry's speech on TV, so you should be able to read just a bit of what Rudy G. had to say.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #47
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

"terminate terrorism"
"economic girlie-men"

man, that's great.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:50 AM   #48
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

On Hardball, Chris Matthews asked his panel, "Were any of the Democratic Convention speeches as good as the ones we've seen over the last two days?"

One guy said "I thought Edwards' speech was good." Everyone else said "No." Matthews (a liberal) said, "It's not even close."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The RNC speakers have been nothing short of inspiring and powerful.

reeds- come on man. If you are ever to be taken seriously anywhere...not just here....you must listen to both sides. That you refuse to listen to opposing views and discussion says everything that we all already knew about you anyways. Unfortunate.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #50
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

One thing I don't like about either conventions is that they are selling out their bases, trying to appeal to swing voters. Obviously the swing voters are the ones who will decide the election but the pandering has been way over the top. During the DNC they tried their hardest to stay away from Bush bashing, Sharpton was the only one to really give a true democratic speech and he was ripped apart for it. The RNC is just as bad, the three main speakers so far are probably the three most moderate in the party. They might have been powerful and inspriational but you know as well as I do, no way in hell those people in that audience vote for those speakers if they were running in the primaries. Arnold is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-AA, and pro-gun control, the four biggest social issues from a conservative standpoint. Be who you are, throw Sean Hannity out their, Ann Coulter, John Ashcoft.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

Karl Rove just kicked Mark Shield ass on kerry's testimony coming back from 'nam and calling americans war criminals. NO QUARTER.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:37 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

Lvubun1...I really don't agree that either conventions are "selling" out their bases. The base of the republican party isn't hard-core anti-abortion, the party is anti-abortion but not hard-core, no abortions ever,ever. The same with civil unions and gay marriages. What you are describing is the most conservative wing and calling that the middle, it's not.

I would quibble that the dem's do show more of their left-wing party than the republicans do their right-wing, but I think that is because their party IS more left-wing and less inclusive than the pubs.

You could take this as a compliment to the dems but where was a single person who was pro-life at their convention? I just think with a two-party system there is a much more widely held viewpoints than the pundits say.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

So santorium and Michael Reagan both have gotten up and explicitly noted their pro-life positions.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This tribute to Reagan is inspiring.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #55
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
One thing I don't like about either conventions is that they are selling out their bases, trying to appeal to swing voters. Obviously the swing voters are the ones who will decide the election but the pandering has been way over the top. During the DNC they tried their hardest to stay away from Bush bashing, Sharpton was the only one to really give a true democratic speech and he was ripped apart for it. The RNC is just as bad, the three main speakers so far are probably the three most moderate in the party. They might have been powerful and inspriational but you know as well as I do, no way in hell those people in that audience vote for those speakers if they were running in the primaries. Arnold is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-AA, and pro-gun control, the four biggest social issues from a conservative standpoint. Be who you are, throw Sean Hannity out their, Ann Coulter, John Ashcoft.
You think the epitome of a republican has to be Ann Coulter? Ok then, I guess the paridigm of a democrat is Michael Moore? Get real. And I don't think those 4 issues are the top 4 of all, or even most republicans.
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:09 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Zell miller is tearing someone a new body part.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

ARMED WITH WHAT!!!! SPITBALLS!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Dang that 20 year record in the senate is coming back with a vengance!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:22 PM   #59
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

disgusting, dispicable, war luving old bastard is what he is- period..

I still cannot comprehend that people still call this war with IRAQ "as protecting this country"..what a joke..and all the gulible republicans lap it up..its beyond my beleives..you wanna talk about spit-balls...thats basically what IRAQ had- and they were a threat to the US of A???PLEASE..they had NO weapons that could get half-way to this country..geez...go figure..oh thats right- he was an EVIL man and it was just a matter of time...whatever..same old same old....
Old 09-01-2004, 09:29 PM   #60
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That Zell Miller speech has left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. That was fine, fine stuff...
Old 09-01-2004, 09:33 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

Man that truth stuff really, really smarts.... Zell told it like it is. Kerry/Kennedy national defense policy. Another check to the swifites!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #62
reeds
Golden Member

it thats the truth- I would vote for Bush..but, its one big freakin LIE
Old 09-01-2004, 09:39 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

just like the big whopper you told about someone being doomed to die because bush wasn't funding empryo stem cells?

Get off your ass and find the lie.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #64
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Zell Miller. What a speech! You gotta believe John Kerry hates that guy about now.

Cheney - not the best speaker, but I love him all the same. To those who joke around and say Cheney is running the country through Bush, I say that if that were true, great job Dick. Four more years! Can't wait to see the VP debate.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #65
reeds
Golden Member

This whole convention is a joke- all Kerry Bashing- thats it...thats all the rebublicans have??Bashing kerry??? I have NEVER watched a convention in my life that was so focused on the incumbent...its amazing..they must really really be worried about their own candidate....just my thoughts...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #66
reeds
Golden Member

and Mr. Miller went too far..he made a fool of himself..too negative...this whole convention of the republicans is NEGATIVE....NO CLASS whatsoever.....the right on this board boast about healthy conversation discussing issues..and your own party bashes all night...priceless...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #67
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Every Convention is a Joke, it is basically a feel good infomercial. What were your fellow Anti-war shits doing all these months other than bashing BUSH. I guess you are thin skinned, you can dish it out but cannot take it.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:06 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

Boy that kerry record is going to be pretty tough to defend in the next 3 weeks.

BOO HOO HOO!!!! PLEASE, MOMMIE, MAKE THEM STOP CALLING ME NAMES!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #69
reeds
Golden Member

i guess if thats all the republicans have in their bag, might as well go ahead and use it..

harldy a mention was health care, the economy, social security..it was all about the security of this country- the war on terror...if only Iraq and the war on terror were connected I could actually see it...but...they are not

Perhaps this bashing will give a negative image to the swing voters...I sure hope so...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

I disagree that every convention is a joke or a waste of time. Only every 4 years do we get to see the two parties unfilitered by the nytimes. What we have seen is a republican party that is gaga about america and full of optimism. A party that believes in the principles of this country and believes in fighting and defending freedom.

Also what we have seen are stirring speakers and members of this party. Guilliani, McCain, Schwarzenegger, Laura Bush, Zell Miller, Dick Cheney versus...
Clinton, Gore, Carter....T.Kerry, Dean, Obama..Edwards, Kerry...

A stark contrast in optimism versus leftist pessimism, love of country versus suspicion of countr. Only Obama was an uplifting speaker.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #71
reeds
Golden Member

WOW- this gets me so freakin mad....lol

After this convention- if Mr. Kerry doesnt fight back- he is done...Pound the fact that he was in Vietnam- PERIOD- he didnt dodge the war like Mr. BUSH did....that is his only posiblity of getting some of this voters back...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #72
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Yes we know that mantra the pundit spew, but it is proven that going negative and trying to describe your opponent before he does really does work. If Kerry had a distinguished record other than serving 4 months in vietnam it would help your candidate in the publics eye
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Don't worry, mr..bush will provide that tommorrow. since kerry didn't spend more than 2 minutes talking about his 20 years in the senate, the task tonight was to let the american people know what his record was.. He's been too busy running away from it.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

Factually stating kerry's record is going negative? It's a canard promoted by the msm and echoed by the girly-men of the sensitive democrat party.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #75
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
WOW- this gets me so freakin mad....lol

After this convention- if Mr. Kerry doesnt fight back- he is done...Pound the fact that he was in Vietnam- PERIOD- he didnt dodge the war like Mr. BUSH did....that is his only posiblity of getting some of this voters back...

Good grief...you STILL DON'T GET IT!!! No one gives a CRAPOLA about his service in 'nam. Even YOU don't talk about his "record". It's because you don't know it either and the 'pubs have just told the american people (unfiltered) what it was.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #76
reeds
Golden Member

DUDE- didnt Bush promise a country of unity after 9-11??? Didnt he say this country should unite as ONE???

Zell Miller sure listened to that speech didnt he? The Vice President as well...so much of unity...screw what bush said, lets just divide and bash....Please dont preach about the party with class- it clearly isnt the republicans..
Old 09-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #77
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

reeds - If you call stating the opponent's record in the Senate a negative attack.... maybe you should re-evaluate your support of him.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:34 PM   #78
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
DUDE- didnt Bush promise a country of unity after 9-11??? Didnt he say this country should unite as ONE???

Zell Miller sure listened to that speech didnt he? The Vice President as well...so much of unity...screw what bush said, lets just divide and bash....Please dont preach about the party with class- it clearly isnt the republicans..
Yes and then within 3 months the dems starting calling afghanistan a quagmire. Then iraq was a quagmire. then rummy should retire. Gore said that bush betrayed the country, mccaullife and kerry said he was awol. Give me a stinking break.

It is not bush's job to keep the democrats from falling back into their normal partisan appeasement stance. How did bush divide? Let' see what did he do. He went TO THE CONGRESS for a vote, and they VOTED!! But I guess they were pissed that they actually had to vote and so the attacks begane.

The party of the status quo, a do nothing party, full of irresponsible. Falling back into their old tired 'nam playbook.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #79
dude1394
Guru

Reeds you sound like the biggest baby. Bush has been called every name in the book for 2 years now and you hardly hear about it from them at all. The dems (and you) and the biggest girly-men in politics.

It's their standard method of trying to change the subject and it makes perfect sense. Their whole politic is the politic of the victim. So the first thing dems cry about is how much a victim they are. Oh woe is us?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #80
dude1394
Guru

The pollster on hard-line is showing unbelievable response from independant voters. Miller is resonating unbelievably.