Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #41
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Btw I'm not expecting the analysts to predict us to win. I just think we deserve as much respect as the Grizzlies get. And a healthy Westbrook should make the Thunder just as great as the Spurs. Yes the Spurs probably have the deepest team of all time. But only 5 players can play and playoff rotations are usually limited. We'll see what happens.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #42
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
- getting swept would be disappointing.
- getting 1 or 2 wins would meet my expectations.
- taking the series to Game 7 would be a moral victory for the season.
- if we beat San Antonio, I'm posting a picture of my balls on Spurstalk.
I don't think you would be able to do that because Spurstalk would crash if the Mavs put the mighty Spurs out in the first round.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #43
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Btw I'm not expecting the analysts to predict us to win. I just think we deserve as much respect as the Grizzlies get. And a healthy Westbrook should make the Thunder just as great as the Spurs. Yes the Spurs probably have the deepest team of all time. But only 5 players can play and playoff rotations are usually limited. We'll see what happens.
Why? Its the 1st seed versus the 8th seed. Not even saying we can't or will win. But to say that Spurs in 5 is "unrealistic"? That's a bit much.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #44
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I think we can extend it to 6 games. Btw this series is reminding me a lot of 2006. If Devin Harris continues to be on fire...
Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I think we can extend it to 6 games. Btw this series is reminding me a lot of 2006. If Devin Harris continues to be on fire...
The rather large difference was having a borderline all star SF named Josh Howard (and those were the days when he was really, really good).

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #46
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

We could've been up 2-0. I guess blowing leads has kept us from being an elite team. But fun to see my vision of a close series come to action. I don't see any matchups that we can't handle out there. Maybe Duncan. But Duncan is a tough matchup for everyone.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, so much for a sweep... I wonder what the "experts" are predicting now? Even "SA in 5" is starting to look like a longshot to the biggest Spurs homers right now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-24-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, good effort...

Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #49
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Ha! I love that image! And two of those writers, McMahon and Stein are ESPN DALLAS writers. Idiots.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. The ANALysts even put the Red wings over the Bruins, which not even my dead grandma would have done. I wished i could make my bucks that easy by writing poo, watching games and having beers...
Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #51
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any of those analysts are idiots for making those picks... hell, I thought the Spurs would win in 4... 5 at the most. So glad to be wrong.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #52
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Ha! I love that image! And two of those writers, McMahon and Stein are ESPN DALLAS writers. Idiots.
I thought it was photoshopped tbh. With an aged Sp*rs....not even one has the Heat.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #53
Underdog

A couple shots drop at the end of Game 1 and we could be looking at sweeping the Spurs right now...

Old 04-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #54
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I will savor proving that last "expert" wrong.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Why are they idiots? The Mavs had done nothing against the Spurs over the past couple of years to make anyone think that they'd be ahead 2-1 right now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #57
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Lol. For not backing their own team to win. And I've never really liked McMahon and his articles that's all.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #58
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

These are analysts, not fans. It's their job to give unbiased opinions. Fwiw Strauss, known Warrior fan, predicted the Clipppers to win in 6.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #59
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
lol thank you..
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #60
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
These are analysts, not fans. It's their job to give unbiased opinions. Fwiw Strauss, known Warrior fan, predicted the Clipppers to win in 6.
The Mavs always get the short end of the stick when it comes to 'unbiased' opinions.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #62
Underdog

jOShi needs to cross Wallace off that list.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Who is better at proving the experts wrong?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #64
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Who was that dickbutt that said there was a "zero percent chance the Mavs win more than two games. Zero"? LOL at that loser.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #65
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Like I was saying...
Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Who is better at proving the experts wrong?
Wasn't just the experts who were pessimistic about our chances...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #67
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
jOShi needs to cross Wallace off that list.
Already scheduled. Probably this afternoon CDT.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #68
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Nice.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #70
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

What stands out in this series is that this Mavs team can close out games, with the exception of game1. I'm already happy for the fact that we forced a game. Whether we win game7 or not, it is apparent that this team is only a couple of defensive pieces away from being a top3 team in the west.
Go MAVS! Get that W in SA.