Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #41
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

seriously, does the big guy even play? freakin' 7'6"!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #42
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to see it to believe it BBL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
Old 03-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i only got to watch the last 10 minutes of that holy cross game and didn't see him...
Old 03-21-2003, 12:58 AM   #44
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

ha ha. NC State loss. At least we got our student teacher to swear today during midterms b/c they loss.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:59 AM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Watch out for Chris Kaman, he's taking the Chippewas to the Sweet 16... and taking himself into the NBA lottery.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #46
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Huzzah Texas! We are on our way.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:09 PM   #47
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< Watch out for Chris Kaman, he's taking the Chippewas to the Sweet 16... and taking himself into the NBA lottery.

>>

Wow is he ok?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #48
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty, my beloved Hoosiers have climbed out of their half-time hole, and are now tied with these stupid Alabamans...

Depending upon the outcome of the next 12 minutes of gametime I think I will either go find a bridge to jump off of, or light a bonfire in the middle of the street and thank God for George Bush, Bob Knight, and Indiana Basketball (I already miss the joys of rioting in Bloomington that I enjoyed on our tournament run last Spring)...

Go IU! Beat the worthless Alabamans!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:31 PM   #49
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Coverdale is wreaking Havoc! We are up 58-51 now!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:58 PM   #50
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

IU wins! Mr. Thomas Coverdale lit up the damned Alabamans for 23 pts, 8 assists, and 8 rebounds... Final Four here we come!

Beware stupid Pittsburghians! Here come some romping Hoosiers coming to crush you and yours!
Old 03-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #51
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Damn it! Those darned terrapins just beat the upset with a last minute three pointer! Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!
Old 03-22-2003, 12:05 AM   #52
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

What a great shot! Man, if there ever was a March as mad as this...
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:21 PM   #53
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Go Wildcats!

Arizona wins by one point in double OT today! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:54 PM   #54
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

My sister's best friend plays for UNC-Wilmington, and... what a completely heartbreaking loss last night to Maryland. Beautiful ending if you're a Terrapin fan, though.

I am soooooo pulling for Duke to get beat tonight.

Anyone thinking Arizona's overrated? There's that evil, evil part of me that would love to see Luke Walton and co. get beat... then what would Bill have to say?

Sorry, SS: Didn't see your post above. My anti-Arizona stance is based purely on Walton-itis.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:02 PM   #55
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The interior dominance of Central Michigan's Chris Kaman was not enough offset the firepower of the Dukies J.J. Reddick and Jones. Kansas-Duke here we come...

Here comes IU-Pitt tipoff time. I am just hoping that Jeffries and Leach can establish themselves offensively in the paint and stay out of foul trouble. And another huge Coverdale game would also be highly welcome...
Old 03-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #56
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Dang it... There go my Hoosiers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...
Old 03-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #57
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Hmm. So the Purdue-Texas game is a lot closer than I prefer. TX up by 1 w/5 minutes left. That's not cool.

Edit: No worries. Horns by 10. And we're off to the Sweet 16. Good game.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #58
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

<< Damn it! Those darned terrapins just beat the upset with a last minute three pointer! Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! >>

man, i was at the game... INCREDIBLE. the entire arena (aside from one section of terp fans) were pulling for the seahawks. goldsberry (who averages like 5 ppg) hits 8-8 from 3!

blizzard didn't have much of a game early (went 31 minutes without a FG), but towards the end, i turned to my friends and said, &quot;blizzard will score the next 10 for uncw.&quot; three 3-pointers and a free-throw later, i was gloating cause i was right...

but man oh man, what a great shot from nicholas. we'll be seeing that one for years to come. i was literally numb after the game.

uncw made a few mistakes down the stretch. missed field goals and a STUPID 3-pt attempt, up 4, on a 2-on-1 with about a minute or so left by joel justice (not who you want taking a 3 anyway, you have a guy who is 8-8 and freakin' brett blizzard!)... should have held it.

anyway, great game. best game of the tourney... until the zags game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 07:01 PM   #59
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

<< Dang it... There go my Hoosiers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]... >>

They were my favorite team going in next to Texas, they just don't have the talent yet. If Coverdale can't go for at least 20 then they have no chance
Old 03-27-2003, 08:10 PM   #60
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Arizona leads Notre Dame 53-40 at halftime.

Go Wildcats!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:20 PM   #61
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Arizona wins 88-71!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 09:32 PM   #62
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Fin, but your Badgers were beaten tonight.

Go Kentucky!! Chuck Hayes is one to watch. Not just because he's a Modesto native either.

Wisconsin put up a fight, but lost 63-57 in the end.

Tough break for Kentucky, Keith Bogans went down in the first half with a left ankle injury.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:47 AM   #63

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Elite Eight:

(1)Kentucky vs. (3)Marquette
(1)Arizona vs. (2)Kansas
(1)Texas vs. (7)Michigan St.
(1)Oklahoma vs. (3) Syracuse
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:58 PM   #64
Kevink00012

Kevink00012 is on a distinguished road

My final four: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Marquette(I originally had Pitt, but oh well)

GO KANSAS, GO, DON'T CHOKE THIS TIME AGAINST ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!
Kevink00012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:25 PM   #65
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

CHOKE, KANSAS, CHOKE!

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:21 PM   #66
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

College basketball season has ended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 11:17 PM   #67
ames7
Diamond Member

Not for me. The Horns may be struggling, but we are still very much in it. Final Four, here we come! HOOK EM!!
Old 03-29-2003, 11:57 PM   #68
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< College basketball season has ended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] >>

I hear ya.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #69

w/ kentucky and arizona both out

TEXAS ALL THE WAY!!
Old 03-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #70
Kevink00012

RROOOOOOOOOOCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK, CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLKKKKK, JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW KKKKKKKKKKKK, KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Go home Arizona.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #71
Kevink00012

<< CHOKE, KANSAS, CHOKE!

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!
>>

That's funny.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:02 PM   #72
ames7
Diamond Member

Oh my god, Syracuse is blowing Oklahoma away! 45-28 w/12 minutes left. That's amazing. Go Syracuse!
Old 03-30-2003, 05:53 PM   #73
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Kevin, you may recall that Kansas only beat Arizona by 3 points. The Cats were able to erase Kansas' 20 point lead. That's nothing to laugh at.

Go Wildcats! We'll get 'em next year.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:05 PM   #74

Texas up by 10 with 3 mins left

oklahoma's out

GO TEXAS!!
Old 03-30-2003, 07:18 PM   #75
ames7
Diamond Member

TEXAS TO THE FINAL FOUR!! Facing Syracuse next Saturday. I smell Championship.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:21 PM   #76
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

TEXAS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 08:12 PM   #77
Kevink00012

<< Kevin, you may recall that Kansas only beat Arizona by 3 points.
>>

Details
Old 03-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #78
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Kansas vs. Longhorns.

All big 12 championship game.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:50 PM   #79
Kevink00012

<< Kansas vs. Longhorns.

All big 12 championship game.
>>

I hope so, for one I have that on my bracket.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:31 PM   #80
ames7
Diamond Member

Kansas 75
Marquette 34
14:45 2nd

Ouch.