Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #41
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Steve Nash

Our offense took a major step down and our defense took a major step UP. We are now more balanced.

Let Nash succeed in the defenseless Suns team. They are good, but as we've learned in previous years, no defense in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. I rest my case.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2004, 08:52 PM   #42
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Well no Nash in the playoffs is also a recipe for disaster because he was never there. I'd be very frustrated if all of a sudden Nash starts to play well in the playoffs.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:26 AM   #43
cordy

cordy is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Steve Nash

Hi! I'm new here and I'm from germany. So, first I want to say, that that's a great message-board. But now my comment:
As I heard first Steve would go to Phoenix, I was very sad and really mad at Cuban. But now the things changed. I'm so angry with Steve and I can't understand, that Dirk is such a good friend for Steve. After all he let him down without any reasons.
cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:46 AM   #44
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

>Hi! I'm new here and I'm from germany. So, first I want to say, that that's a great message-board. But now my comment:
As I heard first Steve would go to Phoenix, I was very sad and really mad at Cuban. But now the things changed. I'm so angry with Steve and I can't understand, that Dirk is such a good friend for Steve. After all he let him down without any reasons.

I agree with you. I hate steve nash now but I slowly realized that I never really liked him in the first place. He looks like a 70's drug/meth scum. But the main reason is his attitude. I think it's changed for the worse.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #45
cordy

cordy is on a distinguished road

I liked Steve. And Dirk and Steve were the perfect duo. If Nash were still playing in Dallas, they would be the best NBA team now. But that's not the point. I feel me deceived and I don't know, why Dirk doesn't feel like me.
cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:29 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Very much welcome to the board cordy... I find it hard to put myself in someone else's shoes when it comes to their career choices. It does seem now that little stevie is playing as the best point guard in the league. For many years (imo) he was underpaid. To again accept being underpaid by the mavericks, who had a well-deserved reputation for over-spending made his choice a little easier.

He and cuban knew he was going to get free-agent offers, in fact cubes encouraged him to get them, the thinking that cubes would match. Cubes didn't, "CUBES LET STEVE WALK". I hold NO animosity towards stevie, he took the best career path, I would and I'm sure many others (probably 99%) would as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 12:50 PM   #47
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

NBA.com Power Rankings- "Nash joins Magic Johnson as the only players in NBA history to tally 10 or more assists in nine straight games and win each contest."
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #48
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Don't be mad a Steve.

Steve has always been this good. He helped Mavs to be elite in the past few years. He deserves the money.

Why did he choose to leave? Simple. Cuban didn't think he is worth it. Was Nash hurt? Hell yeah. Even Dirk said if the Mavs doesn't want to keep you here, you might as well leave for a team that makes an INCREDIBLE offer - Suns.

What's worse is that Mavs is LOOKING FOR A FREAKING POINT GUARD. I thought Mavs wants to have a center. Well, they get a center but he is helping this team? I guess not much.

The whole Mavs system is fukked up if you ask me. Nelson shouldn't use the same old system to train the new players. They are different from Nash and they should treated differently. Nelson will fukk up this team in the end...you watch.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #49
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Our offense took a major step down and our defense took a major step UP. We are now more balanced.

Let Nash succeed in the defenseless Suns team. They are good, but as we've learned in previous years, no defense in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. I rest my case.

Another Suns hater. Watch their games dude. Suns' defense is much better than Mavs. They have the biggest point differential and they are #4 on opponent shooting %. Suns does play defense, dang it. If Suns has bad defense, they won't have 23-3. There are many games that they were down, but their defense stepped up. Marion, Q and JJ are very good defenders, especially Marion. Marion is playing like Pippen now. He provides scoring, rebound (#3 in the league), steal, assist and even block.

The only thing that kills Suns is defensive rebound. This is difficult to fix because Amare keeps getting into foul trouble (since he plays 5 now).

Anyway, don't trash Suns just because they have Nash. Nash IS NOT THE REASON why Mavs' defense sucked. It's the whole team.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

IT's all academic. The mavs of 2002 had one of the highest point differential as well. The one thing that does not bode well for the suns is the number of minutes starters are playing. They have 4 in the top 50 for example. Mavs only 1 (dirk unfortunately). Spurs none and minnesota 1 (garnett).

If they are fortunate they may not have major injuries, but it may be tough in the playoffs with so many minutes on them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-25-2004, 09:05 PM   #51
bloodyhell

The suns wil crumble once they face the spurs and they were damn lucky to beat seatle.

>Why did he choose to leave? Simple. Cuban didn't think he is worth it.

Correct

>Was Nash hurt? Hell yeah. Even Dirk said if the Mavs doesn't want to keep you here, you might as well leave for a team that makes an INCREDIBLE offer - Suns.

Yeah but that was after the offer was made and cuban wasn't going to do anything. Dirk was being nice to his "friend". He wasn't about to tell him what to do. Of course dirk wanted him to stay. Nash took the money and ran. He saw dollar signs. Cuban failed.

>What's worse is that Mavs is LOOKING FOR A FREAKING POINT GUARD.

it alll hangs on cuban not wanting to pay it and nash seeing the dollar signs. Shows how corrupt some people can be.

>I thought Mavs wants to have a center. Well, they get a center but he is helping this team? I guess not much.

somewhat true

>The whole Mavs system is fukked up if you ask me. Nelson shouldn't use the same old system to train the new players. They are different from Nash and they should treated differently. Nelson will fukk up this team in the end...you watch.

That's a very good point. My argument is that if we are going to try to run, we still need a better pg. The spurs can play half court or run a bit, but they have a fast pg in parker. We do not have a fast pg who can run and dish. There in lies the problem that cuban created.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

Agree with most of your points except.

Quote:
it alll hangs on cuban not wanting to pay it and nash seeing the dollar signs. Shows how corrupt some people can be.
Has nothing to do with "corrupt". It's about owning the fruits of your own work, providing it to an employer on your own terms, no one elses. Steve valued his work more than cubes did, nothing "corrupt" about anything.

Also don't completely agree that the "system" needs changing just because we don't have nash. What's so hard about jason terry/devon harris being decisive about their decision making, pushing the ball up. They are NBA players after all. Armstrong is a fine pg but his shot is horrible. Terry's shot is good but his decision making right now is poor. He needs to improve or devin needs to beat him out.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #53
bloodyhell

I still think they're both corrupt. Especially marc.

>Also don't completely agree that the "system" needs changing just because we don't have nash.

It's changed without nash. The players we have aren't living up to their hype. IF it continues, changes need to be made or we don't get where we want to be. If our pg's were doing what they need to we wouldn't even be talking about nash as much as we are.

>What's so hard about jason terry/devon harris being decisive about their decision making, pushing the ball up.

No consistancy. The passing isn't there. The bad descisions are everywhere.

>They are NBA players after all. Armstrong is a fine pg but his shot is horrible. Terry's shot is good but his decision making right now is poor. He needs to improve or devin needs to beat him out.

Harris will need more time. Terry dosen't have what we need thus far to propel the team and I don't see him doing dooing it in the future. He's not a speed,pass, drive, dish freak. it's not his game.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Let me know the next time you take half salary for 6 years of your life. Then you can talk about "corrupt".
Old 12-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #55
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

Who cares about in 5 years.

Championship contender for this year, instead of just merely playoff contenders........
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:57 AM   #56
bloodyhell

Old 12-26-2004, 12:58 AM   #57
bloodyhell

If cuban had made nash feel wanted instead of shuning him, he wouldn't have had to pay that amount.
Cuban blew it.

>Championship contender for this year, instead of just merely playoff contenders........

Let's make some moves and do it..

Old 12-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Let's just get jiggy with it...