Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Which player would you want mavs to sign the most if they miss on dwight/cp3?
Monta Ellis 5 8.20%
Andre Iguodala 18 29.51%
Josh Smith 7 11.48%
Jose Calderon 9 14.75%
Andrew Bynum 11 18.03%
Jarrett Jack 3 4.92%
Kevin Martin 0 0%
OJ Mayo 0 0%
Elton Brand 0 0%
Brandan Wright 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #41
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather the Mavs try and get Gortat if that rumor of trading him is true.

But I'd rather the Mavs just try and sign Zaza for their center. Sign him and retain Wright/James and the Mavs (IMO) have the perfect compliments of a three headed center. Sure it aint glamorous but Zaza paired with the other two brings a lot of intangibles this team is lackiing. Rebounding being a big one of them.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Is Bellinelli only gonna cost MLE? If so, yes yesterday.
As i read it, the MLE for teams under the cap is 5.15. It can used all on one player or split. No way Bellinelli gets more than 5. Jarrett Jack IMO is exactly the kind of player the MLE is meant for. JJ Redick as well. Tony Allen is a guy that will get slightly more than MLE btwn 6-8. Calderon will get something between 7-9 depending on length of contract. I see Bellinelli as guy who gets a large piece of someone's MLE- not less than 2.5 but not more than 4
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Why do we keep bringing up Belinelli? He seems like a spare to me. Made a couple of nice plays against Miami but overall he's a very average player, and not the type of guy that we should be spending a lot of cap space on.
He's nothing special but i think he gives you 90% of what Redick does at a couple million less. Like Redick you have to at least respect his shot and he is decent at creating for himself off the dribble. He also seems to have responded well to the some of the increased demands the Bulls placed on him and improved defensively. Im sure also simply playing on a winning, prideful team with other good defenders had a hand in that as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

No Redick is a lot better than Bellinelli don't let two poor months in one of most dysfunctional teams in the NBA convince you otherwise. Bellinelli takes terrible shots off the dribble and is a poor defender. Redick is much better ball handler, much better passer, much better in pick n roll, and a much better defender. Bellinelli is fine as a 9th man, Redick is a above average starter. I blanked on him, he should be on this list.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
No Redick is a lot better than Bellinelli don't let two poor months in one of most dysfunctional teams in the NBA convince you otherwise. Bellinelli takes terrible shots off the dribble and is a poor defender. Redick is much better ball handler, much better passer, much better in pick n roll, and a much better defender. Bellinelli is fine as a 9th man, Redick is a above average starter. I blanked on him, he should be on this list.
You're right I may have sold Redick a little short. He is indeed a better player than Belinelli. But he'll get at the VERY least the MLE from someone, right? I see Redick getting closer to 6-7.5 a year from someone. If we signed him and Calderon or a comparable PG that'd be about it, cap-wise.

One thing Dallas has going for it is I read somewhere that J.J has a place in Austin that he just built with his wife. All things being equal maybe he picks Dallas for the 30 min plane ride home? Course I could see mutual interest with SA as well. Upgrade Gary Neal

I guess you could do worse than Dieng, Dirk, Marion, Redick, Calderon as the starting 5. Wright, Sarge, VC, Jae and whomever you get with the various minimums and exception. Still, depending on the other signnees for depth and what other WC teams do it looks like a 7 or 8 seed at best

Last edited by mac222b; 06-24-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #46
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I voted Smith. I know the knocks, but he's one of only a few guys on the open market after the big two who possesses all star-level talent, I think he could play with Dirk, and since the Mavs are reticent to spend much money on him, if they do end up signing him it'll be at a good price.

And since Belinelli is the subject of current debate, I'll just add that I'm really not very high on him at all. Room exception to fill a need for a SG with range, sure, but I don't think he's close to being worth the MLE.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #47
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Im all in for Iggy. He wasnt used correctly in Denver. Guy is a walking Triple Double every single night. Still we dont really need him...for Center i would take the risk of going with Bynum.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #48
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Funny how Wright gets a lot of votes. I really think he's too undersized. Meaning he's too lanky. But could guard someone like Bosh. He needs to gain weight in size badly. I just think someone like DeJuan Blair would be tougher than Wright. Just saying.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-25-2013 at 02:10 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #49
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I voted Smith. I know the knocks, but he's one of only a few guys on the open market after the big two who possesses all star-level talent, I think he could play with Dirk, and since the Mavs are reticent to spend much money on him, if they do end up signing him it'll be at a good price.

And since Belinelli is the subject of current debate, I'll just add that I'm really not very high on him at all. Room exception to fill a need for a SG with range, sure, but I don't think he's close to being worth the MLE.
I was on board with Belinelli last year as he could be had for near minimum. If he's nearing mid level I'm definitely out.

Tbh Smith hasn't looked like much more than a highlight reel guy with not a lot of substance after that.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #50
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Funny how Wright gets a lot of votes. I really think he's too undersized. Meaning he's too lanky. But could guard someone like Bosh. He needs to gain weight in size badly. I just think someone like DeJuan Blair would be tougher than Wright. Just saying.
He's a guy that some nights he can't be on the floor because he's too small and against smaller teams on another night he'd be the best player on the floor. He's definitely a bench guy and should stick around as long as the salary is in bench guy territory.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #51
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Yep. Beli=street ball. Redick=Duke basketball.

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 06-25-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #52
ThisCharmingFan

ThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the rough

Is Redick playing at the point now? I hadn't really paid attention to him since he was at Orlando and only caught maybe 1 or 2 of the Bucks/Heat first round games.. I thought he was getting better. He was a joke for a few years seemed like.

I voted for Iguodala. I've always liked him. Honestly healthy Bynum would fit much better obviously, but I just think that Lakers knew something when they dumped him on Philly and he just won't be the same.

Last edited by ThisCharmingFan; 06-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.
ThisCharmingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #53
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Why isn't Nikola Pekovic on this list? I would love to get him. He's maybe the strongest guy in the league and can really fight down low. And he seems like a good guy, putting the team first. You'll probably have to overpay a bit, but I guess that is true for every big guy with a bit of talent.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
Why isn't Nikola Pekovic on this list? I would love to get him. He's maybe the strongest guy in the league and can really fight down low. And he seems like a good guy, putting the team first. You'll probably have to overpay a bit, but I guess that is true for every big guy with a bit of talent.
I love Pekovic's physical post game and rebounding ability, but his defense might not be strong enough to play next to a somewhat defensively-limited big like Dirk... Although, his defense has improved over the last couple years, so maybe Carlisle could continue to develop that aspect of his game? Regardless, he'll always be limited against more athletic centers, but no player is perfect.

Max upside: Howard > Bynum > Cousins > Pekovic
Min downside: Howard > Pekovic > Cousins > Bynum

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #55
ThisCharmingFan

ThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I love Pekovic's physical post game and rebounding ability, but his defense might not be strong enough to play next to a somewhat defensively-limited big like Dirk... Although, his defense has improved over the last couple years, so maybe Carlisle could continue to develop that aspect of his game? Regardless, he'll always be limited against more athletic centers, but no player is perfect.

Am wondering what the interest in Cousins' is. Could possibly develop in Dallas.. His potential is high, no doubt, but his defense is awful is it not?

If Houston ends up getting Howard, would it be possible to land Asik? Am fuzzy on how that would work, but I don't see why they would want to pay him as a starter and I don't see either of these guys moving to the 4.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #56
ThisCharmingFan

Have been trying to understand all the workings of salary caps and unrestricted free agents and what not so if it's just not possible to get Asik for whatever reason just explain it. Still learning.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #57
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingFan View Post
Have been trying to understand all the workings of salary caps and unrestricted free agents and what not so if it's just not possible to get Asik for whatever reason just explain it. Still learning.
Asik is under contract ($5 mil for the 13/14 season,~ $15 for 14/15), won't be available until the 2015 off season when he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Only way to acquire him for 13/14 would be through a trade.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 06-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #58
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I agree. I see Pek as a steady force: You know what you`ll get, and he`ll give you max effort. I would take Pek over Cousins right now, precisely because you know what you`ll get, and that he won`t have a negative influence on the team, whereas Cousins could be heaven or hell.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #59
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

I'm kinda leery of teaming Dirk up with a slow-ish center. Dirk is a defensive liability these days so you have to compensate with good defensive guys around him. Exactly why Chandler was such a good fit next to Dirk.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #60
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingFan View Post
Am wondering what the interest in Cousins' is. Could possibly develop in Dallas.. His potential is high, no doubt, but his defense is awful is it not?

If Houston ends up getting Howard, would it be possible to land Asik? Am fuzzy on how that would work, but I don't see why they would want to pay him as a starter and I don't see either of these guys moving to the 4.
I don't know what the stats say, but when I've watched him, he doesn't seem as bad as advertised on defense. He seems to have a knack for poking the ball away. He's averaged a steal and a half a game the last two seasons, which is good for a center.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #61
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Celtics chasing Josh Smith. Not that he ranked very high on the pole, just providing info:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...181100801.html
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #62
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't get the love for Iggy.

There's no feasible way the Mavs can play him and Marion at the 2 and 3 together. Not if you want Dirk within 20 feet of the basket.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #63
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

JR smith wont opt in, making him a restricted free agent.

Not that I want him.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #64
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I really don't get the love for Iggy.

There's no feasible way the Mavs can play him and Marion at the 2 and 3 together. Not if you want Dirk within 20 feet of the basket.
Iggy's a better player than Shawn at this point in their careers. From a purely on-court perspective, you don't not target Iggy because of Shawn; you trade (or keep) Shawn because you signed (or passed on) Iggy.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #65
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Iggy's a better player than Shawn at this point in their careers. From a purely on-court perspective, you don't not target Iggy because of Shawn; you trade (or keep) Shawn because you signed (or passed on) Iggy.
I agree that Iggy's a better player. But yeah, we really can't have our 2 and 3 each completely unable to space the floor. Upgrading Mayo to Iguodala just raises an equally question of what to do at the SF slot.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #66
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor is Michael Kidd Gilchrist is on the trading block. Thoughts?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #67
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree that Iggy's a better player. But yeah, we really can't have our 2 and 3 each completely unable to space the floor. Upgrading Mayo to Iguodala just raises an equally question of what to do at the SF slot.
Not to my mind. SF is the one position where Dallas has enough depth (Vince and Jae) to handle the loss of a starter, particularly if it means a major upgrade at SG, which is what Iggy would be. Of course, even as I'm touting Iggy's value, I should say that I didn't vote for him in the poll, because I think he's almost guaranteed to stay in Denver for more money than Dallas will be willing to pay.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Rumor is Michael Kidd Gilchrist is on the trading block. Thoughts?
Really? Already? I'd be all for it. That dudes a pitbull. Of course they probably want a top 5 pick...

p.s. he's also still only 19!

Last edited by mac222b; 06-25-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #69
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Really? Already? I'd be all for it. That dudes a pitbull. Of course they probably want a top 5 pick...

p.s. he's also still only 19!
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-otto-porter/

Yep. They think Otto will make up for him in the draft with the 4th pick.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #70
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Not being a troll but no way in heck do they take on a young guy when they are basically giving a lottery pick away for an extra 1.5 mil in cap space.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #71
Melonhead
Guru

Marc Stein is reporting Boston shopping Pierce for a first rounder. Not really a fan at this age though. Dallas deserves better than leftovers
Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #72
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Donnie should be fired for almost trading for Pierce last year.
Also lol at Boston wanting a first for washed up Pierce. They'd be extremely lucky to dump him for nothing. They'll likely end up having to eat the contract and we'll pick up Pierce for the mle.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #73
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not to my mind. SF is the one position where Dallas has enough depth (Vince and Jae) to handle the loss of a starter, particularly if it means a major upgrade at SG, which is what Iggy would be. Of course, even as I'm touting Iggy's value, I should say that I didn't vote for him in the poll, because I think he's almost guaranteed to stay in Denver for more money than Dallas will be willing to pay.
I'm not crazy about either of those guys as our starting SF next year. I think the combined talent between Mayo/Marion is actually better than the combined talent between Iggy/Carter or Iggy/Jae. Even if it is an upgrade, I don't know that it's substantial enough to justify that investment.

But again, my real point is just that Iggy/Marion just won't work around Nowitzki.

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 06-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #74
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

MKG taking over the SF spot would be reasonable. Lets talk to the cats.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #75
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Marc Stein is reporting Boston shopping Pierce for a first rounder. Not really a fan at this age though. Dallas deserves better than leftovers
His jump shot and defense are still fair. If we get Pierce. It would be having to go all in for a championship next season. But that contract.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #76
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Donnie should be fired for almost trading for Pierce last year.
Also lol at Boston wanting a first for washed up Pierce. They'd be extremely lucky to dump him for nothing. They'll likely end up having to eat the contract and we'll pick up Pierce for the mle.
18/5/6 is hardly washed up. Josh Howard is washed up. Paul Pierce might be slightly regressing. Be careful of the words you choose.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #77
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not crazy about either of those guys as our starting SF next year. I think the combined talent between Mayo/Marion is actually better than the combined talent between Iggy/Carter or Iggy/Jae. Even if it is an upgrade, I don't know that it's substantial enough to justify that investment.

But again, my real point is just that Iggy/Marion just won't work around Nowitzki.
Well, they'd probably work around Dirk better than they would around most other PFs, but I don't disagree that you're handicapping yourself on offense in the halfcourt set if you've got Iggy and Trix as your starting wings.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #78
Melonhead
Guru

I assume shark tank is filmed super fast?

Cuban just tweet/instagrammed that they are starting filming today.

Yay.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #79
JayR

JayR has a spectacular aura aboutJayR has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys I don't have great knowledge of our current salary cap restrictions but can anyone let me know if this is possible?

So assuming we do trade Marion and our pick to Cleveland for the 19th pick, we draft Dieng or Gobert. Then we throw decent contracts at both Iggy and Smith, use the MLE on a decent PG (hopefully someone willing to take a paycut), retain Wright with bird rights and work our way from there.
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #80
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
18/5/6 is hardly washed up. Josh Howard is washed up. Paul Pierce might be slightly regressing. Be careful of the words you choose.
Dirk and Pierce together would be a killer combo. Both have a couple of good years left. Pierce is still an assassin under pressure. He would improve life for Dirk. I can't see Celts paying him 15m with a re-building team.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1-9 are pipedreams, oilfield va-jay-jay, oily troll is oily