Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #41
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=938

Fish has a new piece about trade talks for mavs
Stackhouse for Kaman? In our dreams....
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Dude, I have plantar fascitis... and it makes me want to cut my feet off. lol
6 miles, you are a bad, bad man.

Why does every Mav that leaves Dallas have to leave so damn peacefully? What happened to people getting pissed and talking crap?
Well I'd sorta put avery in that bucket.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #43
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman would involve at least Josh, Bass, Stack and maybe more. I dunno the numbers, but for value/talent that might not even be enough in Dunleavy's view. Like it was said in the article, you'll expect a lot in return when you're givin' up a solid big man. I'd like having him here, but I don't see it as an option.

Wallace, as Diop's value continues to fall downward...I don't see that as a matching partner anymore.

That tidbit about the yelpers was pretty interesting. You can pretty much peg any of the "younger guys" in that role: Green, Wright, Bass, and maybe in a stretch: Diop. Acting professional strikes me as a shot at Green. He always seems angry when he has to sit down and there have been character issues in his past.

We've already discussed Stack...

Why does it seem we're slowly getting closer to Marbury coming to Dallas?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #45
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

UM.......
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #46
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

How many years do we have to sit back and pretend that our problems are at the point guard position. It has been obvious for years that we lack an offensive presence at the center position. What have we seen?... pieces moving around in every position EXCEPT the center position. I personally am exhausted with the so-called "We-Love-Our Team" BS. We have pieces that we could trade to get what we need. It's time to get real. NO EXCUSES! From now on our moto should be, "If he has to go, he has to go."
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #47
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Why does it seem we're slowly getting closer to Marbury coming to Dallas?
I've talked about this before, I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to trade for Marbury. Between him and Kidd we'd nearly 50 mil coming off the books. It's just not gonna happen. NY wants to clear space for LeBron.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
How many years do we have to sit back and pretend that our problems are at the point guard position. It has been obvious for years that we lack an offensive presence at the center position. What have we seen?... pieces moving around in every position EXCEPT the center position. I personally am exhausted with the so-called "We-Love-Our Team" BS. We have pieces that we could trade to get what we need. It's time to get real. NO EXCUSES! From now on our moto should be, "If he has to go, he has to go."
How many years? Zero. Our title run is OVER. I think everyone needs to accept that now. Last year was our last chance.

But you're right. Our lack of post-scoring was crucial in our losses to Golden State and Miami. I would also argue though that our weakness at SG has been even more glaring over the years.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
How many years? Zero. Our title run is OVER. I think everyone needs to accept that now. Last year was our last chance.

But you're right. Our lack of post-scoring was crucial in our losses to Golden State and Miami. I would also argue though that our weakness at SG has been even more glaring over the years.
I think it was during the offsesaon or late in the playoffs we were discussing which was the bigger whole: a legit SG or a Big Man with the low-post presence. They are two massive holes we've had for quite a while, no doubt.

Either option would bring a huge difference to the squad, and I honestly don't see either of them as a wrong answer.

As for Marbury, I can't imagine he gets traded.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

please oh please oh please
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #51
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

I don't understand what you guys want in a trade for Stack... No team in their right mind is going to give up draft picks or young talent for him, so really the only other options are either a one for one swap for a player in a similar situation to Stack (move sideways, but I can't think of any other talented veteran players who are playing as poorly as Stack and have an expiring contract) or trade him for salary that extends past this season (maybe a slight upgrade talent wise, but this would most likely be the trade Isiah Thomas would make...)

I guess my point is this, Stackhouse's value at this time is as a throw-in in a bigger trade to make salaries match up, and that is his only value as far as I can see. His desire to be traded shouldn't figure into our plans to trade him, because you don't make a trade simply because the worst player involved in the trade is asking for it.

Last edited by particleman; 11-18-2008 at 02:23 AM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #52
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Wait Stack WANTS to be traded?

Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

+ rep
Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #54
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Why does everyone want to get rid of Stackhouse? I mean, where are we going to find a replacement for his 29% field goal shooting?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #55
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Any package involving Howard for Kaman would be a lateral move at best. Considering they have Al Thorton, I don't see why the Clippers would want Josh howard anyway.

Why is Kaman even being discussed? I think the dude sucks.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 AM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Why does everyone want to get rid of Stackhouse? I mean, where are we going to find a replacement for his 29% field goal shooting?
I'd be down for joining the team.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:26 AM   #57
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I wonder what Stack's definition of "good basketball" is.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #58
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

He might have a place on a WNBA team, and we could probably get a better player back for Stack from that WNBA team.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the front office stepped in and forced Stackhouse out. I said that they should have done that because the guy doesn't have it anymore. You just can't stand by and watch a coach play a guy who is shooting 29% from the field and 18% from the three. Loyalty only goes so far.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #60
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Any package involving Howard for Kaman would be a lateral move at best. Considering they have Al Thorton, I don't see why the Clippers would want Josh howard anyway.

Sucks? Good lord man, he's a big step over anything we have right now. I only wish we could trade for him. Not if it costs us Howard though.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #61
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thornton can definitely play the four (or Josh the two)... I think a basic package centered around Josh/Diop for Kaman would benefit both teams dramatically...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #62
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Lets do something to get Mike Miller in here!
Another shooter? WHY?! Mavs need a slasher that takes it to the rack!
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Would've been nice to (actually) package Stack's useless ass in the Kidd deal so we could have used the Van Horn contract to pick up another player...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #64
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL View Post
Another shooter? WHY?! Mavs need a slasher that takes it to the rack!
He's not "another" shooter - he's a "better" shooter...

Miller is 42% from beyond the arc and is better at rebounding, assists, and defense than Jason Terry... He'd be a beast in Carlisle's system with Kidd at the helm (if there was any way we could get him here...)

Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #65
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kidd/Miller/Howard/Nowitzki/Dampier
Starbury/Terry/Green/Singleton/Diop

I BELIEVE!
I would take it...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #66
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It would be the perfect time for Dallas to make a move now... it'll help take some of the spotlight off of Cuban's latest antics.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #67
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If Carlisle's system gets Stackhouse out of Dallas--and nets us something in return--then his first season here is at least a partial success already, despite the .300 record. Avery would probably be giving Stack more minutes right now.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #68
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Stack/Bass/Diop for Wallace

Stack is a hometown hero, Charlotte is very unhappy with their power forward and they offered Diop the full mid-level this summer

We would be a little weak at Center, but stacked at the other four

Damp/Singleton
Dirk/Singleton/Williams
Wallace/GG/Williams
Howard/Terry/GG/Wright
Kidd/Terry/Barea

Backup point and Center we would still have to address, maybe charlotte wants to dump Feltons salary too?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #69
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
It would be the perfect time for Dallas to make a move now... it'll help take some of the spotlight off of Cuban's latest antics.
If Cubes goes to prison and/or has to pay bazillions of dollars in fines, does that hurt this team's financial position? Maybe he decides to blow it up now.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #70
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
If Cubes goes to prison and/or has to pay bazillions of dollars in fines, does that hurt this team's financial position? Maybe he decides to blow it up now.
"$750k & no jail time" is what the legal experts 'round these parts are saying...

Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #71
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

You guys can hate on Stack as much as you want, but when he first got here he did play with alot of heart, he played hard and he played well too. He's sucked for a while now but I still respect Stack, I wish he could have won that ring in 2006 with us...
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #72
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post

I think this was 4 years ago...
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #73
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

What about all the funny brawl stories?

We already lost avery and malik rose nude wrestling in the shower. Now we wanna get rid of Stack beating kirk to a pulp in the AAC?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #74
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
"$750k & no jail time" is what the legal experts 'round these parts are saying...
So basically just paying what he would have lost anyway? That seems like a slap on the wrist. I figured they'd Martha Stewart his ass...

Wonder if Stern will try to suspend him over this, or take some kind of action. He's had it in for Cubes for a while.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Wonder if Stern will try to suspend him over this, or take some kind of action. He's had it in for Cubes for a while.
I'm wondering what Stern can even do to Cuban if the courts don't crucify him - it's not like Cubes did anything that concerned the NBA (I mean, I've seen players get away with worse off-court issues...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-18-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #76
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Stack/Bass/Diop for Wallace

Stack is a hometown hero, Charlotte is very unhappy with their power forward and they offered Diop the full mid-level this summer

We would be a little weak at Center, but stacked at the other four

Damp/Singleton
Dirk/Singleton/Williams
Wallace/GG/Williams
Howard/Terry/GG/Wright
Kidd/Terry/Barea

Backup point and Center we would still have to address, maybe charlotte wants to dump Feltons salary too?
I like this move a lot.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #77
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJz6Op1cBTQ

the last time a maverick not named Dirk showed any gusto

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #78
ghazi
Platinum Member

Howard at SG, Wallace at SF... the outside shooting of that unit seems like it would suck.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #79
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Wait Stack WANTS to be traded?

Thats Hillarious
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #80
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

What's the earliest we can trade Devean George? Would be nice if we can package him along with Stack, as well.

Stack/George/Bass/Cash for Miller/Bad Contract

OR

Stack/George/Bass/Diop/Cash for Kaman/Bad Contract

Throw in a 2nd rounder or two if they insist.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote