Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Haha I used this in the last moronic Ghazi post game thread. Boy these boards seem to be going downhill...

Anyways, GG proved he is worth some minutes. Hopefully he can be a playoff secret weapon. Eh, one can hope.

Nice to see a convincing win from this team.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-25-2009 at 11:28 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #42
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Cmon guys we're all Mavs fans here. No need for disunity. Save your venom for the SPurs/Rockets fans of this world!

I'm putting my heart and soul into the Mavs and the Mavs game recaps!
And Lakers. Can't forget the Lakers.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all in favor of getting some legitimate postgame threads once again, but I hope everybody realizes that ghazi is doing a bit.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #44
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Again, if he doesn't have it now, he's not going to. And he definitely doesn't have it. I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but we need a stud at the 2. He's not it.
I disagree with this. There has been many player that have added range to their shots over the years and have gotten better at shooting.

I think Wright is good in every aspect of the game and the fact that he can handle and pass helps him. IF he improves his 3pt %, then I think he can be a real threat and a starter for this team.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #45
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Again, if he doesn't have it now, he's not going to. And he definitely doesn't have it. I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but we need a stud at the 2. He's not it.

I disagree. if you take a look at John Salmon's career only recently has he become a solid 16-18 PPG guy and 40% 3-PT shooter. It took him 6 years in the league to achieve that even though in his 4th year he only shot 30% from the arc and 42% from the field (for 8.5 points).

Not that I'm saying that's the case for Wright, but I'm just saying that he may EVENTUALLY "get it" down the line

But for the time being Antoine Wright is indeed a terrible option as the starting 2 guard. And he hasn't really improved lately, I recall him being pretty terrible on the 4 game road trip.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #46
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This is the last I'll say about the subject because there isn't really anything else for me to add. Looking where he thrives:
the Right corner is better for him, percentage wise, vs the left and the and then the left wing is his next best spot.

Since 2006, the right corner yields a 36% rate
the left corner is at a 33% rate
the left wing is 30%

Those corners aren't spots you can easily take away either. They're spots where you can slide right into and we have instances where it's there plenty of times.

If you know your strengths and play to them...you'll succeed. He's already shown me that he has worked on his jumper and has more confidence with it. If he can work over the summer on on those corners...and he can up it 3-6%, I'll take it.
You mentioned his jumper, and I completely agree on that regard.

Wright's jump shot inside the arc has been very consistent lately. He rarely shoots it, but its a good shot. It almost seems like Wright hasn't extended his college range...I never saw him play or anything, but Wright's shown he'll consistantly knock down 19-21 footers when they're wide open, but can't figure out how to make that 22-23 foot 3pointer work.

I have high hopes that he will improve offensively. If he can be a balanced offensive weapon to go along with his defense, he would be a great help to this team.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But for the time being Antoine Wright is indeed a terrible option as the starting 2 guard. And he hasn't really improved lately, I recall him being pretty terrible on the 4 game road trip.
interesting...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #48
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

At this stage Wright is a good option IMO just based on the fact that he plays SMART, unlike some. Wright can play good D and hit open 2s. He can handle and pass. But just the fact that his D is good and it can be used against Kobe and such makes him very valuable IMO. He wont stop Kobe, but hell make it a little harder while playing SMART overall basketball.

** I actually trust him out there with the ball as opposed to Josh, or Bass or even JJ.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

"Terrible" is not an accurate word at all to describe Wright. Talk about an unfair assessment.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #50
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
interesting...

I guess I should say at the present he's probably our best option.

My only beefs are his inability to get to FT line and knock down a 3-PT shot with regularity. If you're just a30% 3-PT shooter you shouldn't take 2.5 3's per game IMO.

But looking at his stats for past 5 games he's been solid. 12.6 PPG and 50% FG
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess I should say at the present he's probably our best option.

My only beefs are his inability to get to FT line and knock down a 3-PT shot with regularity. If you're just a30% 3-PT shooter you shouldn't take 2.5 3's per game IMO.

But looking at his stats for past 5 games he's been solid. 12.6 PPG and 50% FG
Considering the fact that not many of our guys play above average defense, and not many of the guys attack the lane with much regularity...the fact that he does BOTH should make you be thankful he's here.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-25-2009 at 11:40 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #52
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
I disagree. if you take a look at John Salmon's career only recently has he become a solid 16-18 PPG guy and 40% 3-PT shooter. It took him 6 years in the league to achieve that even though in his 4th year he only shot 30% from the arc and 42% from the field (for 8.5 points).

Not that I'm saying that's the case for Wright, but I'm just saying that he may EVENTUALLY "get it" down the line

Nah. Wright hasn't really even shown flashes of being a stud in this league. I think that he may evolve into a good option at the 2 for a team that has talent in the other starting positions, but he is not a good fit for us. Not to start. Not with Kidd and Dampier starting. If Kidd and Damp continue to start, we need an offensive minded 2, 3, and 4. And I know I'm rehashing what people have said forever, but its true.

Wright will never be offensive minded. He can become better, but I don't think he'll ever be a huge threat.

Perhaps one day if Kidd and Damp aren't starters, Wright might have a place to start. And I suppose you never know what really will happen...maybe Wright will shoot 45% from 3's next year. But from what I've seen, this guy can only be a starter if he's got some scoring around him. If he has that scoring around him, he'll be a solid starter, but only if.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #53
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I think all we would need out of Wright is about 15pts a night and he would be great. I think he can get there. Will he or wont he remains to be seen. But if he manages that then I think we have a very solid 2.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I think Wright is a serviceable player. Good defender, he's a good slasher but isn't a good finisher. He can hit the mid-range jumpshot, but he still struggles with the long ball. Unfortunately he plays on a team that asks him to do more than he realistically can. He's more of a role player than a starter at this point in his career.

There have been definite improvements in his game though. You can see that he plays with a lot more confidence than he did earlier in the year. And that in itself makes him a better basketball player.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I think Wright is a serviceable player. Good defender, he's a good slasher but isn't a good finisher. He can hit the mid-range jumpshot, but he still struggles with the long ball. Unfortunately he plays on a team that asks him to do more than he realistically can. He's more of a role player than a starter at this point in his career.

There have been definite improvements in his game though. You can see that he plays with a lot more confidence than he did earlier in the year. And that in itself makes him a better basketball player.
I think that's kind of the knock on him...the fact he's in the "starting SG spot." It's not an indictment on him, just the nature of our roster. I think he's a pretty talented guy but people want studs in that position. I don't think he'll be a stud but definitely better than a glue guy for sure.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #56
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:

That's the biggest problem, I'd say. He wouldn't start on a majority of the contending teams, he'd be a lockdown defender off the bench. But with us, he's THE lockdown defender starting who is forced to provide offense.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #57
ghazi
Platinum Member

I just dunno why people get upset when I say team we're supposed to beat. Shouldn't a team that hasn't lost at home since the ASB beat a team that is now 6-30 on the road this year and had lost the last 3 games in Dallas by a combined 73 points?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #58
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
I just dunno why people get upset when I say team we're supposed to beat. Shouldn't a team that hasn't lost at home since the ASB beat a team that is now 6-30 on the road this year and had lost the last 3 games in Dallas by a combined 73 points?
NO, because its NBA basketball. And seeing that over and over irritates people who know that its basketball and anything can happen.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #59
ghazi
Platinum Member

I know it's the NBA and anything can happen on given nights but I'm just playing the odds.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #60
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know it's the NBA and anything can happen on given nights but I'm just playing the odds.
Well you'd take a lot less flak if you stopped saying it. Teams that are clinging to the 8th seed don't really have the privilege of saying they're "supposed" to beat any number of teams.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #61
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
I guess what everyone wants you to do is MIX it up a lil. I am sure you are creative soo go ahead and think of ways to mix it up.

** Try to avoid using the word "supposed" for the rest of the season and people mite back off a little ; )

........GO MAVS
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #62
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The wins in Phoenix and Portland were not against "teams we are supposed to beat", even though you said they were. You use the term indiscriminately.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-26-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #63
SupraMav

SupraMav is on a distinguished road

Its just that you seem so unenthusiastic about it. After a win I am thrilled no matter who we just played. Your post-game is kinda like a buzz kill when you say we beat a team that we were supposed to beat. You should try saying "I knew we would whoop that Warrior ass!" or "These Warriors are no match for our MAVS!" They potray the same message, just with more enthusiasm!
SupraMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If I see one more ghazi postgame recap, I am going to quit watching the games themselves. Ho-hum, who-cares, another basketball game.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #65
ghazi
Platinum Member

I will show more enthusiasm next time.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #66
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Can we just have someone else do it? BG? Chum? Thig?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #67
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

keep on truckin' ghazi, don't let them get to you!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #68
ghazi
Platinum Member

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #69
tcat075
Diamond Member

Hey...I like the Ghazi post-game reports...

I think they just jealous.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #70
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention to him, but he looks pretty much the same to me. He is definitely not starting material, and never will be. Don't hold your breath for him to improve his 3pt shot. He's 25 and has been in the league 4 years already. By that point guys pretty much are what they are.
People who talk this way about Wright always remind me of the people who insisted Devin Harris would never be starting material.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #71
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
People who talk this way about Wright always remind me of the people who insisted Devin Harris would never be starting material.
Don't give me that. Devin had a pedigree. People who said that about Devin were definitely a very small minority. Expectactions for him were pretty high coming into the league, hence his high draft position.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #72
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Haha I used this in the last moronic Ghazi post game thread. Boy these boards seem to be going downhill...
You don't like Ghazi's recap, then post your own and beat him to it.

You don't like these boards, then get the heck out.

At least Ghazi starts them, and the result is always a great discussion regardless of how much effort he puts into them. Thanks Ghazi!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:09 AM   #73
cinemablend

Quote:
Don't give me that. Devin had a pedigree. People who said that about Devin were definitely a very small minority. Expectactions for him were pretty high coming into the league, hence his high draft position.
Their minority was just about the same size as yours actually.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 AM   #74
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Their minority was just about the same size as yours actually.
Are you out of your mind? If that were true, they guy wouldn't have been a lottery pick. The kid a very impressive college career. Even in his rookie year, which was pretty rough, he drew constant comparisons to Tony Parker. The people who said he would never be starting material were pretty few and far between. Even when he wasn't scoring consistently, anyone with eyes could see he was one of the fastest players in the league, and could get into the paint at ease.

Wright? He's a decent defensive player and he's got some creativity around the rim, but I see nothing in his game to indicate that he'll ever be much more than he is now. Do you? The guy is Marquis Daniels only slower and without the passing skills.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #75
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
You don't like Ghazi's recap, then post your own and beat him to it.

You don't like these boards, then get the heck out.

At least Ghazi starts them, and the result is always a great discussion regardless of how much effort he puts into them. Thanks Ghazi!
Just posting the game recaps Im supposed to post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 AM   #76
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I really miss ddh33 game recaps. What he wrote really gave you a feel of how the team played and what transpired on the floor.

That said Ghazi's recaps don't take long to read and I do know if we beat a team we were supposed to beat or not.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #77
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Interesting to hear the discussion on Wright...Discuss this...would you rather have Stack in there or Wright at this time?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped doing the recap threads because I don't like watching the game live.

For the playoffs maybe I'll start doing it again, but I agree that ddh would be better.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #79
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Can we get a new post game thread starter?

PLEASE?
Yes. Although it's nice that at least someone is doing it after ddh33 disappeared, but honestly, I can't read that stuff a la "a team we are supposed to beat" anymore. I really don't know if it's too hard to understand. This season, there isn't ANY team we are supposed to beat. Point!

About the game: Our offense was really nice. Dirk and JET played very effectively. Wiright was good as well. Barea showed his value over a short period, that's it. Yes, he was good, but IMO he can be used for short outbursts, but not for an entire game. I would like to see more Green. Btw, Caroll is useless.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #80
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Great win for the Mavs!

Dirk and JET were both great. They were both very efficient and carried the team at the early part of the game.

Kidd had an average game. He didn't take a lot of shots, but considering how the other players were shooting well, he really didn't have to. He got his usual assists and rebounds and directed the flow well.

Damp played well in the minutes that he got. He was 2 points shy of a double double and really dominated in the post. Its good to see him come back strong after being away due to injury.

Wright had a great first half. He shot very well and he didn't force too many plays. He even scored with his left hand on a layup. His defense was again good.

JJB was a much needed spark at the end of the 3rd quarter. He really carried that team in the closing minutes of the 3rd. My only fear every time he shoots well or every time he has a good game is that he tends to force shots or make terrible decisions. Tonight, he didn't do those. He really played well tonight, particularly in the 2nd half. He also tends to over dribble and pass it with time running out occasionally. But then again, he's young. I hope he continues to learn and improve. He has to create a balance between scoring and passing to the other players around him.

It was nice to see Green get decent playing time. No doubt about it, he can score. It was particularly refreshing to see him make a good decision (when he passed the ball to Bass) on the court. That kind of play hopefully will earn him more playing time.

I was hoping for more playing time for Hollins, considering he has been playing well the past few games. This game was probably one game where his athleticism would have been really highlighted. I'm wondering why Carlisle chose to put him in only in the last 4 minutes of the game.

The turnovers in the first half were extremely annoying. I think the Mavs had 10 at the half. The lead would have been a lot bigger if only they took better care of the ball. I'm glad they were more careful with the ball in the 2nd half and finished with a total of 14.

Offense was great tonight. It pretty much came from everybody. Defense was okay, but it could have been better.

Overall, a great win. The starters/main players played limited minutes. Hopefully they will be ready for Denver on Friday.

Go Mavs!
Exactly! Nice recap, btw

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluke reaction, fluke win, i never add tags, nothing to see here, postgame thread = fail, supposed to beat them, vex-uncadonk, vexadocious, vexage, vexalicious, where art thou ddh?, your recaps suck again