Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2002, 10:30 PM   #41
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fidel, don't get me wrong. Im HAPPY for Dirk and the Mavs and, yes, it is the win that counts. And it's also nice to see Dirk convert in that type of situation. We haven't seen that from him yet and to see him do so successfully last night was great.

My point was that Im tired of watching the Mavs struggle against the Bulls, Atlanta and Nuggets and not putting away these teams until the end of the 4th quarters.

If we were talking about one game, I could understand the argument of some things don't go the way you plan, but this is the 4th game we've watched the Mavs do this without Finley. Yes, I know they all resulted in wins and that's the bottom line.

But, Im not happy with their performances in these said games because even without Finley, we should be putting these teams away before the 4th quarter.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:33 AM   #42
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I agree, normally we should have teams like this put away with some garbage time for the guys coming up. But Fin gives us soo many little things as well as the numbers, which the team is'nt used to being without. We need his defense, hustle and emotional leadership out there. We are missing that right now.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:50 AM   #43
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< &quot;That was a huge step in the development of Dirk Nowitzki,&quot; Nelson said. >>

Obviously Nelson thinks just like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MFF of course we should do better against teams like Denver or the Bulls. But in the NBA even the worst teams can play some ball sometimes. It´s not a given we always beat teams like Denver IMO. Even LA lost to Memphis.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:20 AM   #44
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the problems the Mavs are having this year is that they are now recognized as an elite team. Even last year we were perceived as a good team having a very special year. When we won in the playoffs, the Mavs gained the national recognization as a team who had the possiblity to win the title. Now teams like Denver and Chicago put a lot of emphasis on beating us, where as last year it was just another game. The Mavs will have to work harder at developing a killer instinct and eliminate these teams quicker.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:03 AM   #45
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

MFFL,

I think you said it the best, we need to work to get that KILLER INSTINCT.. That's what we do NOT have right now. I think with Fin he gives us that. Granted, Fin may jack up some shots that are not right but he's going STRAIGHT for the JUGGLER!!! I see Nash getting that same instinct, we know Timmy has it. That's what makes me mad with Dirk sometimes of ALL the players who should and if he HAD that killer type instinct, truly the man would be deadly. I've said this before, imagine Dirk's ability with Kobe's mentality, he's UNSTOPPABLE.. NOW he would have his games where he's 4 for 20 but you know that wouldn't happen often so you take those nights. I think once that mentality trickles down to EVERYONE, we're truly going to be something REALLY Special!!!