Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #41
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Fin should sit, doesn't look good for him.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:42 PM   #42
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

We need to pick up the defense. I don't think that zone is the best for us with a shooting team on the floor by the sonics. We need man and pressure their ball handlers.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #43
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Maybe Fin should sit, doesn't look good for him. >>

When Elden CAmpbell is on him he is going to have to drive to the hole. His shots are rolling in and out but he needs to continue to go inside. I don't care if he goes 1-10 going inside he needs to continue to go inside and get his rythym going.

Nick is insane right now.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #44
Yushi

Yushi is on a distinguished road

Looks like we are going to play small ball the whole game. I don't understand why we have to match up aginst them, why not let them match up to us? If the lakers play the sonics, is Shaq going to sit the entire game??? I want bradley!

Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:47 PM   #45
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

No kidding, what's up with NVE tonight??
Old 03-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #46
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Our trap really isn't doing much. I hope we don't stay with it. I much more like full court man to man pressure with Bell and Griff.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Looks like we are going to play small ball the whole game. I don't understand why we have to match up aginst them, why not let them match up to us? If the lakers play the sonics, is Shaq going to sit the entire game??? I want bradley! >>

It's funny because I swear I just thought about would Shaq be sitting out this whole game if he were playing the Sonics. Will Bradley sit out this whole game? I Don't think so. He should be coming in for Raef.

1996-2005
Old 03-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #48
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Is that Bradley I see? Yes, it's Shawn. About time!!
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:53 PM   #49

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Lewis is owning us. We need to get him under control.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #50

That was one of the most athletic plays i have ever seen when he reached all the way out after being in the air and slammed home the missed shot off the rebound. That was amazing.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #51
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Not good to see both Fin and Dirk shooting 3-9.

However, Griffin looks to be having a good game.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #52
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Bradley is softening the sonics; hope the next be Lewis.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #53
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to put Bradley and Dirk in there then you have to take out either Nash or NVE.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:57 PM   #54
LRB
Guru

We really need to play some D. Don't think we have a great shot of winning tonight if we just try to out score the Sonics.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:57 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< That was one of the most athletic plays i have ever seen when he reached all the way out after being in the air and slammed home the missed shot off the rebound. That was amazing. >>

Shawn can't catch a break from these idiot commentators. He gets blamed when someone elses' guy sneaks in for a slam, then he gets ragged about something, I don't even know when barry drives, he picks him up and his guy comes down and he gives him the hard foul. I'm gettig where I cannot stand harper.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:58 PM   #56
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< That was one of the most athletic plays i have ever seen when he reached all the way out after being in the air and slammed home the missed shot off the rebound. That was amazing. >>

You have never seen Carter play. We must give it to these guys inside like they are doing us. I'm sick of jumpshots. Just drive the damn rock.

1996-2005
Old 03-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #57

Filthy, i said that was one of the most athletic plays ive seen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Vince would probably take all of my top 10
Old 03-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

nice dive cut. Good grief they are really shooting lights out.

Steve needs to shut the hell up about bradley and try to cover someone and quit throwing up junk.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

Way to slow him down steve(NOT).. And the big guy has to pick up the foul. So now their 6'8 power forward outquicks our point guard.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:02 PM   #60
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Tell me Finley isn't in the doghouse?

He's played 15 minutes and has sat the last 9 minutes of the 2nd quarter.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:03 PM   #61
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Just got in. I see Nick has finally woken up from his cold stupor. We're shooting about even on FGs, but they're at 45% from 3-point range. Also, they've already gone to the line 13 times.

I've said it before, but I really like the way Griff's been looking the last few games.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:03 PM   #62
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< Steve needs to shut the hell up about bradley and try to cover someone and quit throwing up junk. >>

I agree, I think Allen scored over him and he turned around to bitch at Shawn. Nice job by Fin to end the quarter though.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:04 PM   #63
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He's not in the doghouse. Nellie just does some stupid stuff sometimes.

I find it amazing that we go small nearly the entire 1st half and the commentators keep saying we have to play better defense. Did they look on the court and see the reason why?

Good grief.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:04 PM   #64
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< Way to slow him down steve(NOT).. And the big guy has to pick up the foul. So now their 6'8 power forward outquicks our point guard. >>

Well in his defense he did draw 2 offensive fouls on Barry. The Sonics are just being more aggressive and the Mavs need to wake up during the 2nd half and actually play that thing called defense.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:05 PM   #65
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Wow nice clock management by Fin on the last play. Hopefully that will get him going in the 2nd half because as of right now we need as much fire power as possible. Doesn't look as if we will be seeing TAW tonight unless it comes in a blowout or early in the 3rd quarter.

1996-2005
Old 03-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #66
Yushi

Yushi is on a distinguished road

I don't know what's up with Nash but it seems like he's pissed off at something and out of control. He's taking almost every shots but missing them.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:07 PM   #67
LRB
Guru

This game is really looking like the Mavs are playing with fire. We should have a big lead on this team instead of trailing by 4. We're settling for too many jumpshots. We have to go inside more and get more movement on offense. Also we have to pick up our D especially transition D. We look like we couldn't guard an 80 yearold granny tonight.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:08 PM   #68
Bayliss

The funny thing: Dirk has more assists than our pgs combined.

Might want to post him against the Sonics. And have Bradley cut again. Oh yeah. That's too simple. Have a 7'er post up a 6'8&quot; player.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #69
LRB
Guru

<< Tell me Finley isn't in the doghouse?

He's played 15 minutes and has sat the last 9 minutes of the 2nd quarter.
>>

We have a game tomorrow night and one Sunday afternoon. Nellie is just conserving minutes for the Big 3.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #70
Bayliss

If he was conserving minutes for the Big 3 why did Dirk play 20 and Nash 17?

No... he just wanted to go small.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #71
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Filthy, i said that was one of the most athletic plays ive seen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Vince would probably take all of my top 10
>>

When I go back and read it again it looks as if I was bashing you. I wasn't. MY post just had a bit of anger in it from watching the game.

I want to see the start of the 3rd quarter looking something like:

Bradley
Dirk
Griff or Raja
Fin
Nash

If Nellie insists on going small then start Dirk at the 5 and fit Najera in at the 4.

1996-2005
Old 03-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #72
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Finley (16) 4-10, 0-2, 8pts, 2rbs, 2as, 2to

Dirk (21) 4-11, 1-5, 3-3, 12pts, 3rbs, 3as, 2to, 1stl

Nash (17) 4-8, 0-2, 8pts, 1rb, 2as

NVE (17) 6-8, 2-3, 1-1, 15pts, 1as, 1to, 1stl

Griffin (14) 2-2, 4pts, 4rbs, 2as

Bradley (5) 2-2, 4pts
Old 03-13-2003, 11:16 PM   #73
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< If he was conserving minutes for the Big 3 why did Dirk play 20 and Nash 17?

No... he just wanted to go small.
>>

I think he is going to sit Dirk and Nash fr a majority of the 3rd. Maybe we see TAW during that time. Is TAW Mr. Glass? Are they afraid he is going to break once he gets out on that court? Place him in there and see how he does in little minutes. Maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe he isn't out there because he can play d.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For the next half Mavs need to DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. Lose by driving to the hole but do not lose because you settled for jumpshots.

1996-2005
Old 03-13-2003, 11:16 PM   #74
Chiwas
Guru

The difference has been their 2 more treys.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:19 PM   #75
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I don't think Nelson was resting Fin either. At the time, he was shooting 3-9, so I imagine it had to do with that a bit. Plus, it's not unusual that Nelson sits him for like 4-5 minutes in the 2nd half, but brings him back in around the 3-4 minute mark.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night, cannot wait!!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:19 PM   #76
Chiwas
Guru

<< The difference has been their 2 more treys. >>

Not true. Their FT.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #77
dude1394
Guru

they had najera and raja on the floor against their small players. They are out-quicking them, not out muscling them.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #78
Chiwas
Guru

YES! N&aacute;jera scoring in the low post.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #79
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Najera scores!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:22 PM   #80
dude1394
Guru

Now this does drive me nuts about nellie. Raja plays less than 2 minutes. What's the point of sstarting him.