Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-28-2003, 07:50 PM   #41
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

In QLD, you can get your Ls at 16.5, and take the test yo get your liscence 6 months after you get your learners. I'm not sure what it is in other states. Can't you get your learners when you're 15.5 in the States?
Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 PM   #42
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

It depends on the state. I think it's 15 in Texas for a learners and 16 for the license.

Should be 4. It's time the boys took themselves to McDonald's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #43
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

They changed the law, didn't they? It's 18 now for license if you were born after I think '85. 17 for permit, I guess? I'm glad I beat the deadline by a few years. Can't imagine not having a car in high school.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:50 AM   #44
Morisson

Morisson is on a distinguished road

2002 Fiat Stilo

That's what it looks like:

Morisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 05:10 AM   #45
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

2000 ford explorer
Old 03-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #46
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< They changed the law, didn't they? It's 18 now for license if you were born after I think '85. 17 for permit, I guess? I'm glad I beat the deadline by a few years. Can't imagine not having a car in high school. >>

huh? Not in Texas.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 05:47 PM   #47
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

All the 16 year-olds in my neighborhood are getting their licenses.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 08:38 PM   #48
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If the age was pushed back to 18, rural Texas would revolt!

In Hamilton, 25% of the kids have hardship licenses at 14 or 15.. all you have to do is make up some lame excuse like &quot;my grandma might get sick and need me to bring her medicine and my parents might be gone and I might have to drive,&quot; and bang, there's your hardship license.

Not that you shouldn't wanna take care of your grandma, but you know what I mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's exploiting the system. You and I and everybody's dog knows that if granny's sick and it's an emergency, you can drive the f'n car to her house, hardship license or not.

edit: took me a day to realize exploitating it's a word.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:08 PM   #49
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport. Black, as all previous and future cars will be. What kind of Texan would I be if I weren't driving a monster, gas-guzzling, environment-destroying SUV?

I'm looking into getting an Audi TT, though. Does anyone out there have one? I think they're adorable and want one want one want one, but have heard mixed reviews about their reliability.

My sister had 7 wrecks the year she turned 16. I'd keep your kids safely indoors for the next year or so, SS!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:20 PM   #50
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

My old boss' brother-in-law has had an Audi TT for about 2 or 3 years now, and he sure is proud of it. I haven't asked him too much about it or ever ridden in it, but the fact that he still has it has to say something.

I say hold on to the gas-guzzler. Never know when mayhem and armageddon might befall the metroplex, and you'll be wishing you had a versatile vehicle to help you escape the dangers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #51
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Chiwas' baby:

Chiwas' house zone:

Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 PM   #52
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE: What Car do you Drive?

Any updates on people's rides?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What Car do you Drive?

'04 F150 crew cab
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #54
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:19 PM   #55
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

My truck was totalled in a hail storm, so i have no car [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:25 PM   #56
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I got an '04 silver Honda Civic from the parental units when I got stuck in Austin last summer w/my internships. How I have missed having a car. [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2005, 10:48 PM   #57
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

1992 Nissan Pathfinder

JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #58
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

02 PT Cruiser

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:23 AM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

White 1992 Buick LeSabre Limited. Power everything. 110k.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:33 AM   #60
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

1996 toyota 4Runner

wife drives the '04 VW Passat
Old 01-24-2005, 01:19 AM   #61
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

2001 Toyota Rav4

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:24 AM   #62
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Ford Mondeo Kombi 2001
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 AM   #63
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

1989 Ford Taurus SHO ~(Super High Output)

Yamaha V-6 Engine 220hp, 3 pedals, 5 gears.

to avoid taking up a bunch of space, a pic here:

My '89 Taurus SHO

the old man drives an '04 Mazda RX-8 and the mom drives a BMW 325 wagon. (both pictured above)

The Rex is an auto (207hp) and my Taurus can take her in a straight line easy. Turn the wheel though and I've got problems against that little rocket.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:00 AM   #64
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

my little italian...

2004 FIAT panda

one like this just cocktail-blue...

absolutely perfect for the city and their little parking spots [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

btw -

at least in europe and in its class [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:18 AM   #65
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
White 1992 Buick LeSabre Limited. Power everything. 110k.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"If you squint your eyes, does it look just like a Jaguar?"
Old 01-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #66
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

actually I sometimes confuse it for a Boxster
Old 01-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #67
XERXES
Diamond Member

el- do you know what movie that quote is from?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

no b ut I thought it was funny and I noticed the quotes.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #69
XERXES
Diamond Member

nurse betty.

renee zelwegger tells her friend she is going to ask her husband if they can take the le sabre out b/c if you squint your eyes it looks just like a jaguar.

pretty genius line.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:11 PM   #70
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I now drive this, except its dark blue:

my ole lady drives this:

so damn glad I got rid of the dodge truck and the grand am. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #71
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

hadnt seen it. Again I prove that I know jack about pop culture
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #72
XERXES
Diamond Member

05 Lincoln LS

But I work at a radio station and switch cars regularly- due to promotions.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:00 PM   #73
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I'm car-less but not careless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I ride a 50cc scooter to work (makes finding parking place much easier...)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #74
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

aww, ain't it cute? drove it all the way out to california this summer with my mom...fun stuff.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #75
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

perfect california road trip car. Only thing that could have been better would have been a convertable top.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #76
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
perfect california road trip car. Only thing that could have been better would have been a convertable top.
or an RV...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #77
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
'98 Camery.
Sorry, that is actually a '99 Camry. Sure was exciting to find out it's a year younger than I thought. Still going strong w/ 118,000+ miles on it.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #78
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
or an RV...
for you old folks, maybe
Old 01-24-2005, 11:42 PM   #79
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
or an RV...
for you old folks, maybe
bite your tongue missy!

Old 01-24-2005, 11:54 PM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]