Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I know where you can stick your NBA general information.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is Butler is too young to handle the pressure when it really counts. The Spurs need a vet center right now, not a project one. I mean if they only use Butler for 10 minutes, then sure its a steal. However, come playoff time, Butler isn't the type of guy who you are going to put in at crunch time.

Solid signing if you are going to give him a few years to develop. Makes no sense though if he is Nazr's replacement.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #43
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I know where you can stick your NBA general information.

So are you the censor now? What exactly does "Around the NBA" forum cover? Pro-NBA Mav articles? All NBA information excluding the Spurs? Let me know because you offered nothing but an insult (which is par for the course) when I asked a question.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Either respond to what you wrote or go away man. Mavs fans don't like the Spurs. If you can't deal with the heat of a Mavs message board, then don't post here. I've posted on Spurs boards and got railed many times. Key is to stick to the topic. I responded civily to what you posted so either respond to that or go waste your time somewhere else.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I could swear there was a thread about the Spurs and Jackie Butler somewhere, not 4-5 posts down. It would have been respectful to the fans that are running the board to keep the discussion in one place, when no Mav fan is really all that interested in the first place. I guess the Spurs fans wanted to create their own little wasted space here.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-21-2006 at 02:16 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #46
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Either respond to what you wrote or go away man. Mavs fans don't like the Spurs. If you can't deal with the heat of a Mavs message board, then don't post here. I've posted on Spurs boards and got railed many times. Key is to stick to the topic. I responded civily to what you posted so either respond to that or go waste your time somewhere else.

So insulting people you don't agree with is ok on the board? Funny when I insult people I get warnings of being banned and sent private messages from moderators. I quoted the person I was referring to and not you so why are you insulted? Heat? No our servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan feel the heat.. I don't sweat any of you
Old 07-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #47
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I could swear there was a thread about the Spurs and Jackie Butler somewhere, not 4-5 posts down. It would have been respectful to the fans that are running the board to keep the discussion in one place, when no Mav fan is really all that interested in the first place. I guess the Spurs fans wanted to create their own little wasted space here.
I guess I was wrong assuming that Around the NBA included the Spurs..sorry Erica Miss America
Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
I guess I was wrong assuming that Around the NBA included the Spurs..sorry Erica Miss America
well now you know and that is half the battle as they say.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
So are you the censor now? What exactly does "Around the NBA" forum cover? Pro-NBA Mav articles? All NBA information excluding the Spurs? Let me know because you offered nothing but an insult (which is par for the course) when I asked a question.
I just think you are a dickhead to a lot of our members here. You are often a smart ass and you certainly have not earned the respect of anyone here. So with that in mind, go fark yourself spurts b*tch.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
So insulting people you don't agree with is ok on the board? Funny when I insult people I get warnings of being banned and sent private messages from moderators. I quoted the person I was referring to and not you so why are you insulted? Heat? No our servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan feel the heat.. I don't sweat any of you
LOL you're a joke.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I keep a pretty close eye on our division rivals from the shit-stained-river town down south. Especially when such a noted source as John Hollinger writes about one of their personnel moves, I want to read about it.

(I'd argue it's far more relevant to Mavs fans, if that's the protocol, than a thread on Steve Nash's hair.)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well so far they've managed to sign Butler and Jacque Vaughn. Yawn. Not much to keep an eye on.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #53
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Well so far they've managed to sign Butler and Jacque Vaughn. Yawn. Not much to keep an eye on.
Yeah I guess when your team lands Austin Croshere anything anyone else does is just going to pale in comparison.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #54
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

my aunt's name is Jackie. I don't respect any man with a chick's name.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #55
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Yeah I guess when your team lands Austin Croshere anything anyone else does is just going to pale in comparison.
Don't forget Maurice Ager, the stud swingman out of Michigan State. Spurs' management sure hasn't.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #56
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They will also sign Francisco Elson after Denver declined to match the offer sheet. They haven't addressed the long small forward they talked about either. They listed 3 needs going into summer and they took care of 2 of them.

I don't buy the talk of Udrih getting a chance to backup Parker. Or the talk that they're happy with Williams for spot minutes.

They've been shopping Oberto, Barry, Udrih, the rights to Scola, and I imagine Williams. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see a trade or two.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #57
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Don't forget Maurice Ager, the stud swingman out of Michigan State. Spurs' management sure hasn't.
If Ager is playing, then someone out of the Terry/Harris/Howard/Stackhouse quartet isn't. Not worried about Ager at all.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #58
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
They will also sign Francisco Elson after Denver declined to match the offer sheet. They haven't addressed the long small forward they talked about either. They listed 3 needs going into summer and they took care of 2 of them.

I don't buy the talk of Udrih getting a chance to backup Parker. Or the talk that they're happy with Williams for spot minutes.

They've been shopping Oberto, Barry, Udrih, the rights to Scola, and I imagine Williams. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see a trade or two.

I'd be shocked if they got anything useful out of those names you mentioned.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #59
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I'd be shocked if they got anything useful out of those names you mentioned.
It doesn't have to be a big name to get the need met. Barry and Udrih have drawn interest but the asking price for Scola's rights were too high for teams. Oberto doesn't do a whole lot for me but who knows what some teams would grab. I think Williams $4 million expiring contact could help net them something. If not now then around the trading deadline.

They still have the LLE available.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
If Ager is playing, then someone out of the Terry/Harris/Howard/Stackhouse quartet isn't. Not worried about Ager at all.
Not worried about Vaughn, Butler or Elson.....at all. Offering to both Elson and Butler just proves that its gonna be a center by committee.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #61
DelNegro

Quote:
Not worried about Vaughn, Butler or Elson.....at all.
Nor would I expect you to be. The Spurs and Mavs are having the identical offseason. Both teams are making moves that make the accountants a lot happier than the fans. Niether team has done anything to get better. Not that it really matters though because both teams are still really, really good and Maurice Ager, Francisco Elson, Austin Croshere and Jacque Vaughn weren't ever going to be deciding a Spurs-Mavs playoff series to begin with.

Quote:
Offering to both Elson and Butler just proves that its gonna be a center by committee.
Status quo. Been that way since David Robinson retired.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #62
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not worried about Vaughn, Butler or Elson.....at all. Offering to both Elson and Butler just proves that its gonna be a center by committee.
Much like Diop and Damp?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #63
George Gervin

Quote:
I just think you are a dickhead to a lot of our members here. You are often a smart ass and you certainly have not earned the respect of anyone here. So with that in mind, go fark yourself spurts b*tch.

Well I can also mention your a dickhead to anyone who does not believe the mavs are the best NBA franchise in history so your a hypocrite( for which I already knew). Earning respect here? I don't need your respect because people who throw that word around lightly, such as you, usually struggle to get it in everyday life. Please refer to me as a 3 time NBA champ spurts b*tch and I will refer to you as the 0 time NBA champ pony b*tch.. oh Lord now I'm going to be banned for repeating exactly what the smart guy said.. by the way moron I simply posted the story and responded to someone who question why a spurs story was on this forum. (Why do I feel you are pouring over the history of this topic to see if I am lying but when you realize I am not then you will follow with some more personal insults) And the peanut gallery chimed in..

Last edited by George Gervin; 07-24-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I lesser man's Diop and Damp. Butler and Elson do not equal Diop and Damp. Diop and Damp combined give us Ben Wallace type numbers at the center spot.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #65
George Gervin

Quote:
I lesser man's Diop and Damp. Butler and Elson do not equal Diop and Damp. Diop and Damp combined give us Ben Wallace type numbers at the center spot.

what are ben wallace type numbers? I imagine that Elson/Butler/Oberta combined could give the Spurs numbers similar to Damp/Diop.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #66
Drbio
Banned

I see the spurts bitch (Gervinfag) who needs validation from Mavericks (true fans) has come back for more. Pathetic bitch. Spursreport is for asshats like you. Feel free to frequent and clutter their board asshole.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #67
George Gervin

Quote:
I see the spurts bitch (Gervinfag) who needs validation from Mavericks (true fans) has come back for more. Pathetic bitch. Spursreport is for asshats like you. Feel free to frequent and clutter their board asshole.

so predictable... name calling personal insults... when one is relegated to these you can assume which side they fall on when dealing with an issue...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #68
Drbio
Banned

So predictable...hanging off the nuts of a spurs team because you have accomplished nothing. Also, needing to be validated by Mavs fans is pretty bad for a spurts fan. Of course, I have yet to meet a spurts fan worth a damn anyways.

As for issues...you have plenty. Try psychopath.org for help.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #69
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Speaking of falling, Ginobili's stock after that poorous foul.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #70
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
when dealing with an issue...
The issue being you.

Asshole.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #71
George Gervin

Quote:
Speaking of falling, Ginobili's stock after that poorous foul.

uh he has a gold medal and 2 championship rings.. he has accomplished more than the Maverick franchise has.. so I will stick with his stock.. speaking of falling how did that parade go down?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #72
Drbio
Banned

The spurts asshat troll is back.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #73
George Gervin

Quote:
So predictable...hanging off the nuts of a spurs team because you have accomplished nothing. Also, needing to be validated by Mavs fans is pretty bad for a spurts fan. Of course, I have yet to meet a spurts fan worth a damn anyways.

As for issues...you have plenty. Try psychopath.org for help.

oh ok doc now you are the judge of whether a person has accomplished anything in their life... now i hang of the nuts of the spurs team..no need to do that doc i live a pretty good life and it so happens that my team is in the midst of winning 4 championships in 10 yrs.. they may never win again but i can always pass along to my son how fun it was when they did win.. he has go spurs go down pat!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #74
Drbio
Banned

More asshat less intelligence. *sigh*
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #75
George Gervin

Quote:
The spurts asshat troll is back.

for self proclaimed smart guy your vocabulary is rather limited..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #76
Drbio
Banned

*sigh* More asshat spurts troll.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #77
George Gervin

Quote:
*sigh* More asshat spurts troll.

that's ok all you have left is insults and we all know what that means..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #78
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
It means you're getting railroaded outta here.

Douchebag.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #79
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
It means you're getting railroaded outta here.

Douchebag.

what will i do...
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
That you have no good come backs.