Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #41
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
How did the fans receive JKidd? Cheers? Boos?
I hit a ton of traffic on the way there, took me an hour and fifteen to get there...I was a few minutes late, but my friend said the Mavs got more cheers during the introduction than the Nets and that Kidd got the biggest applause.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #42
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The people at the game really liked Roddy. Lots of OOOOOHS and AAAAAHS when he had the ball.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #43
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
I hit a ton of traffic on the way there, took me an hour and fifteen to get there...I was a few minutes late, but my friend said the Mavs got more cheers during the introduction than the Nets and that Kidd got the biggest applause.
Thanks for sharing!

I'm sure you had a blast. Great to know that there were a lot of Mavs fans in the arena.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #44
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Now I can relax......I'm not gonna sit up here and lie but I was really scared about this game but I'm happy the Mavs didn't let the Nets get that first win off of them, Oh and the Mavs need to resign Damp after he's traded to a 1 year contract.

Last edited by Thomas86; 12-02-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #45
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

I'm sure you had a blast. Great to know that there were a lot of Mavs fans in the arena.
Mavs fans maybe or nets fans giving respect for Kidd maybe a little bit of both
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #46
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Mavs fans maybe or nets fans giving respect for Kidd maybe a little bit of both
True. I've been reading some of the NJ websites and a lot of the fans really are very grateful to Kidd for what he did for that franchise.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #47
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I was there.. awesome performance by the boys. That throw down by Roddy lit the place up too... the entire place was buzzing.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #48
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs need to finish this road trip strong in Memphis... because we have two doosies in Atlanta and Phoenix waiting for them at home.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-03-2009 at 12:23 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #49
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
You know we beat the Lakers in LA and beat up SA a couple weeks ago, right?
yeah i'm aware lol but i've been worried bout this particular game for a few days now. Feels great! haha

Last edited by esoteric562; 12-03-2009 at 12:48 AM.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #50
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The Mavs need to finish this road trip strong in Memphis... because we have two doosies in Atlanta and Phoenix waiting for them at home.
Phx is hitting the skids, blow out loss in NY not expected, but completely flat against the Cavs, with James scoring only 12. PHX coming back to earth. ATL willl be a battle. A tough 1-7 very athletic group.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #51
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric562 View Post
yeah i'm aware lol but i've been worried bout this particular game for a few days now. Feels great! haha
Yep, Harris goes off for 40, the GSW game, not too far in the rearview mirror, could have been on the wrong side of history. Actually relief.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #52
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Well for what it's worth. Atl gets us on the 2nd of back to back, home against the Knicks.

PHX has one day off after playing at the Lakers Sunday night.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #53
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

2nd quarter line
PTS: 49
FG: 17-19
FG PCT: 90
FT: 10-10
3 PT: 5-5

God thats greatness

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #54
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
2nd quarter line
PTS: 49
FG: 17-19
FG PCT: 90
FT: 10-10
3 PT: 5-5

God thats greatness
Fun stuff, read somewhere we scored on 22 of the 24 possessions we had in the 2nd. One was when Damp mistimed his leap.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
I was there.. awesome performance by the boys. That throw down by Roddy lit the place up too... the entire place was buzzing.
Were the tickets free?

Go Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #56
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

CDR yelled at me on Twitter.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #57
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
CDR yelled at me on Twitter.
Given his production thus far this year and the winless record.....can explain that.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow has Kidd been fantastic these past couple of games. He just controls every aspect of the game when he's on the court. This game is a perfect example of why Kidd is a better fit for this team. Kidd scoring the ball was nice, no doubt about that. But he has such a huge impact on the rest of the game. Meanwhile Harris is clearly struggling while trying to figure out how to remain effective while not being the complete, sole focus of his offense.

Damp certainly had a standout game as well. Lopez is a quality young player but he wanted no part of banging with Damp on defense or on the boards. Damp was moving around down there in the paint with ease.

And Dirk was obviously stellar. Just a thorough whipping all the way around.

Oh, and how about that second Roddy dunk? Holy crap.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #59
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, regarding Marion and his health, Ben from Ben and Skin had this to say in a chat during the game last night:

Quote:
Ben Rogers: Matrix is gutting it out... admirably... he's in a lot of pain. I saw it first hand in the locker room the other night... could barely put his shoe on... not from swelling, from the pain...

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #60
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Good game last night. Nice to see the boys take care of business.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #61
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Goooo Mavs
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
History for the Mavs.

Epic 1st half and 2nd quarter. Let us forget the 2nd half.

Kidd-Roddy was a beauty. Who thought Roddy would be the #1 OOP target for Kidd. But he played way too less.

Gooden and Barea were beyond sucking allready. I wonder if Gooden need tough or close games to stay focussed on the court...
Unfortunately I think gooden showed what is going to happen against big centers, he's going to get overpowered. Tim Thomas might wind up being the best option.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know what you mean. Honestly, I sometimes forget that we have Josh. I know this team needs him but I'm wary of how he will "fit" in. This current team is very unselfish. Passing has been fantastic. The offense is finally picking up. Initially, it was the defense which was allowing the team to win. But now, the offense is finally picking up. I know that Josh will help, particularly his slashing and defense, but I'm scared that he might not stay in his "role" and just screw things up. I have nothing against him, but sometimes, his decision making is highly questionable. I just hope that when he gets back, he just allows the game to come to him. I hope that he won't be jacking ill-advised shots. If at all, I would like him to focus more on defense.
I actually believe this is one of the untouted benefits of getting jkiddo in here. I do not think he will allow the rest of the team to screw around like that. He'll call them out I would expect in the locker room and they'll listen to him.

The dirkster is a warrior, I love him, but he has always needed a head-man imo to help run the team, the culture just will not listen to a german dude, I just don't think the players will. I also do not think he's enough of an ass to be the boss.

I LIKE the way the team handles themselves since jkiddo got here, very much.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Unfortunately I think gooden showed what is going to happen against big centers, he's going to get overpowered. Tim Thomas might wind up being the best option.
Eh, Gooden played pretty well against Tim Duncan and Bogut.

Either way though, who would have thought the center position would be this solid? It is definitely not a worry at this point. Damp/Gooden/Thomas/Hump is the best and deepest the Mavs probably ever been at that position.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

I thought he played decently against duncan. Duncan carried their offense. He was 8-22 and at least 3 of those misses were against dirk. Rebounding is my biggest concern with drew actually. Duncan was 6-8 from the line, 4 blocked shots and 14 rebounds.

So I thought he was pretty pedestrian against duncan. bogut I do not recall.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #66
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Aww come on, Terrance Williams open break dunk gets more headline than both Roddy oop. Anybody have a link to roddy's? or anybody who recorded the game willing to upload it? Would love to see them again, especially the second one he did. I saw that it at least made sportcenters top 10, that was cool.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post
Aww come on, Terrance Williams open break dunk gets more headline than both Roddy oop. Anybody have a link to roddy's? or anybody who recorded the game willing to upload it? Would love to see them again, especially the second one he did. I saw that it at least made sportcenters top 10, that was cool.
The second one is in the game highlights on NBA.com.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #68
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
BTW, regarding Marion and his health, Ben from Ben and Skin had this to say in a chat during the game last night:
Marion really is gutting it out. Great to see from him, but he obviously needs to get healthy for him, and the Mavs, to play their best.
Hope it is getting better between games.

BEAT LA
Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #69
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrUUUFjtyak

BEAT LA
Old 12-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Here's a fun writeup on the game from Slam.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #71
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What i noticed, the refs really dont care anymore if anyone travels in a fastbreak. I see that all the time. Jet and Kidd too...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #72
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Thank you kind sir!

Tags
haters hell, homers paradise