Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #41
a.weidner

a.weidner has a spectacular aura abouta.weidner has a spectacular aura about

Another team, Terry might be a good fit for, is Denver. maybe we could do something like:
Jet + Damp + DJ Ilunga-Mbenga + Buckner + sweetener if necessary (picks, Ager, JJB, ...)
for
JR Smith + Camby + Martin

(works salary-wise)

We do it:
To get much needed athleticism. If Camby holds up it's an upgrade over Damp.

Denver does it:
Mainly to get rid of Martin's huge contract and get another 1/2 tweener (you can never have enough of these )

If that deal wen't through, I'd try to get Steve Blake for most of the MLE (it's less likely Denver will match, with Terry at the 1, especially if we included JJB in the trade)
the rest of the MLE and the LLE I would spend on a guy like Udoka to give us some backup minutes at the 2/3 and a veteran PF/C respectively.
Alternatively we could try to include Evans or Najera in the Denver deal (I'd prefere Udoka or someone else with a servicable 3pt shot).

Get a 3rd string veteran PG and we're good to go.

Of course when/if Martin comes back next season, he might come in handy as a backup for Dirk, and to go small with Dirk at the 5 and Martin at the 4.

our rotation:

Camby 30 Diop 18
Dirk 37 veteran PF 11 (or Croshere as a fallback plan)
Josh 37 Udoka (or Stack, if Ager is ready to fill in some minutes at the 2)
Smith 24 Stack 24
Blake 24 Harris 24

Denver's:

Damp
Nene
Anthony
Iverson
JET

Last edited by a.weidner; 05-22-2007 at 03:58 PM.
a.weidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Camby + Martin = Terry + Damp

If you knew that Martin could come back healthy, then this might work. If not, then forget it.

Dallas:
Harris, Howard, Martin, Dirk, Camby.

Denver:
Terry, Iverson, Carmello, Nene, Damp

I cannot see Denver doing this, but maybe to move Martin's contract.
I cannot see Dallas doing this unless Martin spent all summer playing ball in Dallas with Avery, and he knew he was healthy.

This might be the edge needed to get them over the hump though. I still think you add PJ Brown and either Pietrus/Banks if you can though.

Harris(1/2), JJB(1), Draft pick
Howard(2/3), Martin(3/4), Pietrus/Banks(2/3), Stack(2/3), Bucknor(2/3)
Dirk(4), Brown (4/5), Camby(5/4), Diop(5), DJ(5/4), Pops(3/4)

Smallball: Harris, Howard/Pietrus/Stack, Martin/Camby/Brown, Dirk : not bad offense and defense
Std : Harris, Howard, Martin, Dirk, Camby
Defense: Bucknor, Howard, Pietrus, Camby, Diop
Zone busting: Harris, Howard, Pietrus, Dirk, Brown
Nasty: Harris, Stack, Martin, DJ, Diop

Dang: Harris would have to stay out of foul trouble.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-22-2007 at 04:18 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Martin was healthy, you once again have a lineup where Dirk plays SF.

I just don't think that works.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #44
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.weidner
Another team, Terry might be a good fit for, is Denver. maybe we could do something like:
Jet + Damp + DJ Ilunga-Mbenga + Buckner + sweetener if necessary (picks, Ager, JJB, ...)
for
JR Smith + Camby + Martin

(works salary-wise)
Denver would certainly have to think about that. Their primary goal this offseason is going to be to reduce the luxury tax hit they're going to get over the next few years, and this deal does not help them in that regard, but then they really want to get KMart out of there.

From the mavs end I'm not sure why you'd want Kmart when Denver is clearly better without him. Bad attitude. It would be a risk to take him on.

Last edited by DelNegro; 05-22-2007 at 04:20 PM.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #45
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Terry + Buckner for Larry Hughes works. Harris plays the point and Hughes the 2.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #46
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Larry Hughes really does nothing for me.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Larry Hughes really does nothing for me.
Ditto. That's a downgrade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #48
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ditto. That's a downgrade.
So, getting back to the theme of the thread, what can we realistically get (that we'd want) for Terry?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #49
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
So, getting back to the theme of the thread, what can we realistically get (that we'd want) for Terry?
For a big man? Drew Gooden is probably around the calibur of player we could get.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #50
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden isn't that bad in my opinion, salary isn't that bad either.

$6,400,000 this coming year

$7,100,000 for 08-09

free agent after that.

But you really don't want to trade Terry for a backup, unless you do a major move in putting dirk as a THREE?
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #51
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Drew Gooden is a PF. We already have a PF.

I don't understand why people keep wanting to go after a PF.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #52
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

portland would be a good place for terry, close to his hometown.. . A package deal including JET/Dampier for Zach Randolph would be a possiblity i would love to see for the mavs. With Oden most probably being the number 1 pick, the overstock of big men with the Blazers would make Randolph a little bit more expendable. And JET for the Blazers, who lack a decent PG right now would be a great fit IMO ..
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #53
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
any team looking to acquire him would have to have pretty immediate championship (or deep playoff) aspirations.
Well Terry doesn't seem to have a very high basketball IQ so it might scare off teams who want a playoff veteran.

We might be stuck with him.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #54
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Your analysis is solid and it’s why I think that Terry will still be here next year. The main problem, as I see it, is that he has too many years. You can move money but teams don’t like to be bogged down by multi year deals.

As for the teams you listed, Houston and Miami don’t have anybody that I’d want and I can’t imagine making a deal with a division rival anyway. Odom and Bynum would be attractive but the Lakers would have to be crazy to trade big for small. Not saying that they wouldn’t but they shouldn’t.

Terry would be perfect in Cleveland but I don’t see a fit there either. Gooden doesn’t make sense because neither he nor Dirk can slide to the 3 or the 5. And I’m right there with you and jthig on Hughes.

Actually the Cav that interest me the most is Varejao. Not that good offensively but he led the league in charges taken, he’s a good rebounder and could be a solid center against GS and PHX. He’s free so it would have to be some kind of sign and trade. I’m reaching here but nobody else on the Cavs interests me.

Devin would be much easier to move. Of course the problem there is that he doesn’t make very much and we don’t have anymore Stackhouse/Croshere type contracts to package him with.

I don’t envy Donnie because it’s going to be tough to improve this team.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #55
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

dirno - Thanks. I think, based on my analysis, that Terry stays and ends up the 6th man next year, high price and all.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I still think Donnie will find a situation that makes sense with Terry. Terry as the 6th man is fine with me, but if Terry isn't moved I don't think we make a trade of any relevance, and that would be disappointing.

Man, how I wish Croshere's contract was ending THIS season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #57
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread...

If JET is unmovable (unless you want to get 40 cents on the dollar), does this mean Devin becomes the one to go - almost by default?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #58
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Great thread...

If JET is unmovable (unless you want to get 40 cents on the dollar), does this mean Devin becomes the one to go - almost by default?
I would think so. I can't see the Mavs hanging on to both of them after Donnie's comments re: the need for a point guard.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #59
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dirno - Thanks. I think, based on my analysis, that Terry stays and ends up the 6th man next year, high price and all.
My position all along = Mavs are in good shape next season if JET is the sixth man.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How about Terry for Brevin Knight and Primoz Brezec?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #61
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
How about Terry for Brevin Knight and Primoz Brezec?
Don't know Brezec's game so much... but I like Knight a lot! He's undersized (5' 10") but has great court vision and passing skills. He would be quite handy playing against zone defense.

Now if we could package Damp and get Wallace in a S&T, I'll be all for it...

Terry/Damp for Wallace(ST)/Brezec/Knight

Cats could certainly use Terry's outside shooting and Damp's big body inside will free up Okafor, who could then play more as a 4.

Cats: Felton/Terry/Morrison/Okafor/Damp with May as the 6th man

Dallas: Devin/Josh/Wallace/Dirk/Diop with Stack as the 6th man
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #62
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
My position all along = Mavs are in good shape next season if JET is the sixth man.
and a low post guy magically appears?
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #63
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

I really hate three team trades, but it's getting late and I'm probably not thinking clearly. But I've made two posts without getting flamed, so why not throw out this trade for the Mavs, Bulls, and Blazers?

Bulls (need large and have excess at SF/SG position)
send - Ben Gordon (gotta give up something really good to get big production at a big spot)
receive - Zach Randolph (this gives them a low post scorer that they are severely lacking)

Portland (will have excess large with Oden and Aldridge)
send - Zach Randolph (they have a huge glut of big guys and do not want to keep him around)
receive - Jason Terry and Buckner or George (gives them someone that can take some of the scoring burden and a good backup SG/SF)

Dallas (needs someone to create off dribble and clutch shooter)
send - Jason Terry and Buckner or George (Terry is a nice guy, but just gotta go ... the others are cannon fodder)
Receive - Ben Gordon (Gordon with Dirk and Howard??? Sick, sick, sick.)

Basically, Chicago and Portland really need to make trades given the excess they have in SF/SG/PG and C/PF respectively. I'm just trying to find a way to get Dallas in the middle of all that mess. If you have a better proposal, feel free to say it. I came up with several before I decided to post this one.
MavzManiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #64
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

^ Gordon's salary is far too low to match on that deal. Even presuming there's some salary throw-in to make the deal work... still why wouldn't Portland just trade with Chicago and get Gordon for themselves?! What does Terry off to them that Gordon doesn't?
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 AM   #65
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

great thread with some good ideas being tossed about...

I just think any trade that makes this team playoff better and open up Dirk from game long double teams will require more than one player from the top 8...

I'm not so sure how good our top 8 really are once you get past Dirk and JHo...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #66
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We need an athletic swingman that does the little thing because Josh Howard is an allstar now and only wants to shoot the ball (but then again, he never passed it in the first place). And we also need a three point specialist (JET can't become this yet in his career because he is still too talented and in his prime)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 AM   #67
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I have to think your best value for terry would be Andre Miller. He led the NBA in assist 4 years ago and is a very good floor general, and has terry's basic value
Old 05-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #68
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Even if Martin was healthy, you once again have a lineup where Dirk plays SF.

I just don't think that works.
Why?

Martin played SF much of his career, and of course Howard could slide down there all depending on matchup.

He was the SF in Denver with the Martin, Nene, Camby front-line before Anthony.

He could also be Dirks backup and slide to the PF when Dirk is resting. I can't see a place that you would have to play Dirk at the 3. Now would it be possible against some teams to go BIG and move Dirk to the 3, yes.... but not normally.

IF and I do mean IF - Martin were able to prove he were healthy, and he wanted to play in Dallas, and Denver were willing, I would trade Terry/Damp for Martin/Camby and expect to be better both offensively and defensively.

Of course then your MLE would have to go to a zone buster. Kopono maybe?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #69
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
and a low post guy magically appears?
Roy Tarpley
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #70
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Terry & Ager for Andre Miller works. I think you're going to need to give Philly a young prospect to get them to take on the extra years in Terry's contract. Although, maybe a 2nd round choice would be enough.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #71
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I would give up Terry and junk for Andre Miller in a second, he's one of the most underated pg's in the league. I just don't know why Philly would do that though, we would have to sweeten the deal somehow.

I think realistically the best thing we could get for Terry would come from either L.A team since the Clips need a pg badly thanks to Cassell's age and Livingston's unfortunate accident and the Lakers have a guy like Smush Parker playing significant minutes. I think Maggette is the best option out of any player on those two teams (except Odom obviously, which I don't think we'd get) since the salaries match, but ideally we would like to get a playmaker or a low post threat in return.

Like I said in another thread, I think the best way to solve our immediate problems might be to explore a trade with Toronto. I think prying away either Ford or Calderon might be tough but if we offer Terry it might get done somehow (especially if Peterson leaves in FA, they would have a need at the 2). Both teams get their needs fulfilled.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #72
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is there no place on this forum where we Skin's hot stove thoughts were discussed with Bob and Dan yesterday?

also, I would much rather focus on getting a slashing 2 or low post scorer than talk about bringing in Andre Miller...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #73
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
is there no place on this forum where we Skin's hot stove thoughts were discussed with Bob and Dan yesterday?

also, I would much rather focus on getting a slashing 2 or low post scorer than talk about bringing in Andre Miller...
No, and I didn't hear them. Care to recap?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #74
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

i say dont trade ager yet til see him play.... if he's good, i think he's the sg.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #75
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Can a Terry to LA deal work-out?

Bynum + Vlad + 1st round pick for Terry? assuming Kobe stays...
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #76
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple&Gold
Can a Terry to LA deal work-out?

Bynum + Vlad + 1st round pick for Terry? assuming Kobe stays...
Ridiculously one-sided in the mavs favor. No way the lakers do this. They wouldn't put Bynum in a deal for Jason Kidd, they're certainly not going to put him in one for Jason Terry.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #77
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

not anymore.
bynum's value isnt close to what it was at the deadline
and, what kobe wants. kobe gets.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:58 PM   #78
DelNegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
not anymore.
bynum's value isnt close to what it was at the deadline
and, what kobe wants. kobe gets.
We'll see what Bynum's worth is when we find out what the lakers want to do with him. Even if Bynum's value has dropped it doesn't change the fact that Bynum, Radman and the #19 pick in the draft for Jason Terry would be a horrible trade for the lakers.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 AM   #79
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Swap Kwame Brown for Bynum (and add a Devean George s&t to make the salaries work), and that trade starts to make more sense.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 AM   #80
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

Simple. Send him to the Rockets. You can have whomever and as many as you need to make it work so long as their name isn't Yao or Tracy. Please and thanks!
roxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote