Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #41
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cuban on BaD radio....

So did Dan say that Cuban was the third guy to pose naked in a magazine?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #42
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
So did Dan say that Cuban was the third guy to pose naked in a magazine?
HEE! Greatness. Did that win E-brake?

Old 02-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cuban on BaD radio....

no other updates so I guess I will...I had to listen to 2 hours of Fish to get the scoop.

Lord had a really good bit on why the trade worried him. He said that we were confused as to what we wanted from the team-- offense or defense, and talked about the pickup of Dampier. He said it was a solemn choice for Nellie who has shown nothing that would indicate that at the end of a game, he would play Dampier instead of KVH. "you gotta score 5 to win the game" mentality, instead of the "2-3 stops" mentality.

Then Donnie came on the show after some wasted time and Donnie said what Cuban did- the trade was proposed and pulled off really quickly but he doesnt regret it. Milwaukie suddenly thought about re-signing Michael Redd and wanted to save some money for that. Donnie said that they wanted KVH because he could backup Dirk and he could take the pressure off Dirk (isn't that contradictory?). Fish asked why he was going with offense because KVH has no defense and Donnie disagreed. DN said that KVH was a smart player, and that he obviously couldnt stop Shaq or KG, but he was a capable and smart defender within a team defense. Sounded half-assed to me, but who knows.

nothing about Henderson to note. Cuban definitely sounded more hint-hint about it.

Then Harris came on maybe 30 minutes later and was really good in the interview. HE said that the doctors visit was a checkup and that he just had a tight neck from the collision last night. The doc told him to take it easy today, so he could play on saturday. Nothing enormous there. It was just fun to hear how good Harris was at speaking.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #44
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all
Default RE: Cuban on BaD radio....

randy galloway also talked about the henderson waiver thing, and said that when art garcia talked to henderson in private yesterday, he sounded upset. he couldnt get a feel if it was real or acting though (since all parties have to claim ignorance).
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #45
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Oldie but a goodie.
Quote:
Check the other threads - this is my first, and will be my only, post about Keith Van Horn.

I voted against the trade, but started to drink the kool-aid when I saw 70% in favor of the move. I especially liked the move after we got henderson back. HOWEVER, this is the first time I've seen KVH live and I can now officially judge him...

Keith Van Horn = Antoine Walker.
The guy is exactly the wrong guy for this team at this time. Period. He defensive shortcomings combind the disinterest of Dirk, awkwardness of Bradley, and the sense of Walker. By the time the rest of the team realizes how to play with, and what to expect from VH, it will be too late. It's truly amazing how much the guy sucks.

This was the wrong move for team chemistry. Dirk and Mike know that players come and players go - but Cuban/Donn/Nellie convinced everybody that they were staying put. Then they trade 2 hard working vets for former 2nd tier player and tell everybody it was a "no-brainer." HORSESHIT. How the fuck can anybody be on the same page? I guarantee you the lockerroom is in complete disaray at this very moment.

And to think, those assholes still pulled the trigger on a deal that sent away a physical forward and a real center - in exchange for a forward whose entire game runs counter to the "new" maverick philosophy - when they already knew Dampier would miss most of the month of March. Don't spend the first 4 months of the season talking about a defensive mindset - then trade away 2 defensive players for 1 offensive player. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! Cuban should know better than to let Nellie have the excuse.

Don't tell me about injuries. I don't care that this is only the 4th game VH's played with us. I don't want to here how everything will go back to normal when Damp gets back.

CHECK THIS - The moment Nellie leaves the Mavericks become contenders - until then any success we have is purely circumstantial.

Avery will define specific roles and stress the importance of team play. Avery will motivate this team with positivity and precision. Avery will not stand for uninspired play or underachievement. Avery will win consistently because the team will maintain consistency. Everyone will know what to expect and no-one will get mixed messages.

Next year folks, next year.