Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #41
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Mavs @ Suns Gameday Thread

Mavs 98
Suns 93

I think both Josh and Quise have big nights!

Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #42
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

Mavs 103
Suns 97

I think both Josh and Quise have big nights!

Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:06 PM   #43
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs @ Suns Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Steve13
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

there's no reason to think the suns won't win this game and challenge for a top 3 spot this year.

you are really overrating the mavs, not even the spurs should expect to blowout the suns in phoenix.
1. No Amare
2. Vengeance
3. you're underrating Amare's importance to phoenix.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #44
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
Quote:
Quote:

there's no reason to think the suns won't win this game and challenge for a top 3 spot this year.

you are really overrating the mavs, not even the spurs should expect to blowout the suns in phoenix.
1. No Amare
2. Vengeance
and you are underrating Nash's abilty to make guys around him better. suns would be in far worse state had nash gone down....

suns still have alot of weapons to beat you......they will be a handful all year for every team.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #45
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nash, I've been "overrating" the Mavs every year since I've been a fan. Every year I pick them to win X amount of games while the rest of the basketball world is picking them to finish significantly worse. But you know what almost always happens? The Mavs either live up to, or surpass even my expectations and prove everyone else wrong. Last year, when Nash left, everyone had use finishing at the bottom of the playoffs, some had us not in the mix at all. I personally predicted 55 wins. What happened? They surpassed my prediction, despite being plagued by injuries, and had the second best regular season in franchise history. So yeah, Nash, I've gotten quite used to "overrating" the Mavs, because it usually turns out that even I underrate them.

BTW, you are aware that Amare's out until at least the all-star break, right? That might be at least one reason to think that the Mavs might win this game.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #46
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

nothing wrong with thinking your team will win, my reply was in reponse to not being happy with not blowing the suns out..for godsake they aren't the hawks.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

If ugly ball makes the Mavs win... I'm all for it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 94-90
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #49
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Spiral, word here in Phoenix is that Amare is actually done for the entire year.
The Suns are back to being a lottery team, at least for this season.

Big win to start the Season, 109-92
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Amare is definitely done for the year imo. If they brought him back early they would be insane, especially after giving him a max contract, just insane.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #51
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Mavs destroy Phx...115 to 95...put it in 3 inch headlines (U2...)
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #52
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Mavs 103 - Sun 93

Can't wait!!!
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #53
mavs41fan

mavs41fan is on a distinguished road

Mavs win 108-99. Daniels and Howard have big games.
mavs41fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #54
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
Quote:
Quote:

1. No Amare
2. Vengeance
and you are underrating Nash's abilty to make guys around him better. suns would be in far worse state had nash gone down....

suns still have alot of weapons to beat you......they will be a handful all year for every team.
Are you sure Nash makes players that much better? He left the Mavs, and I didn't see play drop off...actually players were just as good if not better. Nash definitely helps, but if you want to say how much better he makes players, look at the Mavs. He makes the team more efficient, but he doesn't make stars out of average players like Shaq.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #55
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
nothing wrong with thinking your team will win, my reply was in reponse to not being happy with not blowing the suns out..for godsake they aren't the hawks.
nash/bell/jones/marion/thomas
johnson/childress/williams/harrington/pachulia

you're right. as its constituted right now, i like the upside of the hawks a lot more than i like anything about the suns.

nash is a great player, but hes not a miracle worker.

mavs win, but in sloppy fashion as they get used to each other.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #56
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Nelson never sent anyone to the hoop. Nash was passing to jumpshooters.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #57
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

They are just KILLING me with these late starts. Give me... 96-90 Dallas. Let's Go Mavs.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #58
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

holy crap, our owner looks like such a tool...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #59
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Cuban is wearing formal attire!!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #60
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

that was a block...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
holy crap, our owner looks like such a tool...
That's because he IS a tool.

Thomas was moving on the Dirk charge. Questionable call.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #62
BiggD

BiggD is on a distinguished road

this sucks

CowboysCentral.com
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #63
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry has got to make Nash work on offense.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

Not much out of Christie yet.....no public displays of whipdom anyways.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #65
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

the offense looks horrible

Get Daniels in there..get christie out. Throw the ball into Dampier. The suns frontline consists of Kurt Thomas and Shawn Marion.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #66
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: BiggD
this sucks

Aw come on...it's too early for this. We aren't even out of the first quarter yet.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:08 PM   #67
Drbio
Banned

Nice pass Damp!

Damp is asserting himself well so far.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #68
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Shit can the Mavs get an open bucket? Everything is forced.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #69
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

um, Bell's foot was on the line.
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #70
The Crippler
Diamond Member

yes it was.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #71
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban is an idiot.

Ugliest jacket in the world.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #72
Drbio
Banned

Mavs are a little tentative but they are working into a comfort zone.

patience......patience......
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #73
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Oh shit. Did Nash just get an offensive rebound on us? Harris looked good on that last possession. Sort of Tony Parkish with the pull up. Things could be worse. Raja seems to always kill us for some reason. Thus far I haven't seen much of a difference in our defense than last year. Damp and Josh are still getting fouls in the first quarter. Dirk still is getting those and 1 jumpshots he's so great at.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM   #74
Drbio
Banned

Dirk is a badass.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #75
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

What happened to all the rebounding?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #76
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I cannot stand missed free throws out of swingmen and guards.

Comon JOHO!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #77
Drbio
Banned

So Avery....where is this improved defense? The rebounding?

Ugh.

Still.....the Mavs will be fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #78
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
What happened to all the rebounding?
what happened to over the back? these refs suck.
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #79
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Its on the bench. I thoguht we got rid of KVH and Dirk in the game at the same time? We're still doing it? What happen to all the Diop hype? Get his ass in there.

Can't believe we are only down by 1. We've played horrible. Things can only go up from here.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #80
The Crippler
Diamond Member

i don't think devin has "it"