Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
john cage bubblegum

john cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Bullshit. The calls were terribly one-sided, AND at Home, which makes it even more egregious. Try watching with your eyes open next time.

I just pointed out 4 calls from the 4th Quarter alone that were beyond terrible.
Alright man, I don't feel like going back and forth on ref calls. I just think blaming this game on the refs is missing the bigger storyline of the game - we need a healthier, better Dirk if we're going to compete with the big boys this year.
john cage bubblegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #42
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Dirk not playing well doesn't explain the horrible shooting by Vince and Roddy. The whole team was out of sync. Two days ago we played brilliantly. Today we sucked but we had the chance to beat a full-strength contender coming of a loss the previous game. We'll rebound next game.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #43
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

someone get Holger over here right now. Sit Dirk for 3 weeks with holger handling him rehab...
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by john cage bubblegum View Post
Alright man, I don't feel like going back and forth on ref calls. I just think blaming this game on the refs is missing the bigger storyline of the game - we need a healthier, better Dirk if we're going to compete with the big boys this year.
agree. one bad night from the refs doesn't freak me out...what freaks me out is the level of effort and ability we've seen from Dirk this season. If he is hurt, rest him.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #45
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

I think you have to credit OKc also. 2 days ago they played the crappy Suns and shots were wide open and the lane was open as a Super Wal-Mart....
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #46
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
This is just speculation on my part, but I can't help but feel like the Mavericks organization hasn't exactly been upfront with the public about the whole situation so who's to say what they have or haven't done in regards to testing and diagnostics.

Any time you are dealing with a knee issue in an older basketball player, I feel like there is reason to be concerned. He probably doesn't have a torn ligament or whatnot, but what if the cartilage is wearing out in his knees or something degenerative is starting up? Those knees only seem to have so much pounding they can take before they start wearing down.
That is my suspicion. Between just Rick and Dirk, they didn't communicate what exactly happened during that week very clearly. We need some reporter to get the dirt. Where is the BGMaverick light signal?

Wear and tear is my greatest fear as that's just Father Time beckoning. Dirk did just pass 1,000 regular season games played this year. Add the playoffs and national games, it's a lot. That said, I'm somewhat realistically hopeful it's more injury than degeneration as the difference between now and 6-7 months ago is too dramatic to just be natural decline.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #47
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Ahh the ref. werent great, but to blame them IDK

JET was great and almost carried us to victory

Wright had a greta game as well

Yi had a pretty good stretch as well

Roddy...tough to call...pretty bad game IMO from him and 3 air ball are just one part. He again looked like he sucks at running the offense. And wasnt anything special on D either especially towards the end when he was giving RW open shots.

Dirk is hurt and obviously struggling. he needs to rest and get it together. AS much as people might hate to say it, if Yi got some more of Dirks minutes tonight..well lets just say it couldnt have been much worse lol

Ian had some good plays but for most part was a bad game and very irritating with some decisions

Marion had a good game, but my good 3 times he didnt give the ball to the PG to bring it up and I think at last 2 of those times something bad happened. he should know better.

VC struggled

*** I think when you look at it over all there are 2 things that we can say.

1. The team needs to get healthy, because I can think of a few times we could have used Kidd tonight.

2. Shit happens...we were in it til the end. MOVE ON AND GET THE NEXT ONE

GOOOOOOOO MAVS
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #48
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

one positive thing about this game is that half our team didnt show up and we only lost by 9
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #49
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad to see Dirk this broken down. But he is like Willie Mays for the Mets right now.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the refs were typical.

Dirk shoots horrible,
Vince shoots horrible
Roddy shoots horrible
Delonte shoots horrible.

Yuck...

The dirkster needs to do whatever the heck it takes. If roddy goes in and tries another p**** over the head layup attempt I think I may have to get a snipers rifle. Man up dude.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #51
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

This is all a part of Dirk's plan to get everyone to overlook him and the mavs before the playoffs start again. I think Dirk will be fine. If he says he'll be fine given some time, I think he deserves the benefit of doubt.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that the Mavs are being careful with the dirkster, but it is so painful watching him struggle.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #53
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

No statistical bullets tonight, because I did the MMB recap. Might be better this way anyway.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. Learn the English language. It's "than", not "then".
Okay, big boy. You're not allowed to play this card when you make a mess of it yourself with the first three words in your OP. You said "Blatantly bias officiating." You are trying to squeeze "bias" into adjective duty there, but "bias" only knows how to be a noun or a verb. The word you wanted was "biased."

Also, get your period inside the final quote, while you're at it. That's how we do it here in America.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #55
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Chum. Well done.

I agree with the dude named after the stereolab song - refs not the story. We were competitive, and tied late, with our top competition in the conference with a few very poor individual performances and a couple of blown coverages. Not freaking out about this game.

I liked what Wright brought us - but he's gotta find a way to help on the defensive glass.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-02-2012 at 12:01 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #56
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Okay, big boy. You're not allowed to play this card when you make a mess of it yourself with the first three words in your OP. You said "Blatantly bias officiating." You are trying to squeeze "bias" into adjective duty there, but "bias" only knows how to be a noun or a verb. The word you wanted was "biased."

Also, get your period inside the final quote, while you're at it. That's how we do it here in America.
Xenophobic much?

Last edited by CadBane; 02-02-2012 at 12:13 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #57
dude1394
Guru

I cannot think of anything more ridiculous than criticizing grammar on a message board.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #58
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Lol Chum. Well done.

I agree with the dude named after the stereolab song - refs not the story. We were competitive, and tied late, with our top competition in the conference with a few very poor individual performances and a couple of blown coverages. Not freaking out about this game.

I liked what Wright brought us - but he's gotta find a way to help on the defensive glass.
Wright wasn't getting defensive boards because he was CONTESTING, and often blocking, shots. You can't do both.

Not that you would know. Stick to cricket.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #59
dude1394
Guru

I wasn't noticing wrights rebounding but his shot blocking presencemwasmsure noticed by the thunder. He was just bout as effective as ibaka,he contested every layup attempt.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #60
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I wasn't noticing wrights rebounding but his shot blocking presencemwasmsure noticed by the thunder. He was just bout as effective as ibaka,he contested every layup attempt.
+1. He had 3 blocks and altered at least 4 or 5 more. He was huge down there. Granted, people will start adjusting and use a pump-fake on him, but I think he can adjust as well. Dude needs PT.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FAIL.

http://wps.ablongman.com/long_faigle....cw/index.html

If the parenthetical material is part of another sentence, place the period outside the closing parenthesis.

Example: Among the most famous Transcendentalists were Ralph Waldo Emerson and Bronson Alcott (the father of Louisa May Alcott.)

The parenthetical material is part of the preceding sentence. Therefore, the final period for that sentence should go outside the closing parenthesis.

Revised: Among the most famous Transcendentalists were Ralph Waldo Emerson and Bronson Alcott (the father of Louisa May Alcott).
Oh, dear. I'm not sure what is worst here. On the one hand, you had to look it up. On the other hand, you misinterpreted what you found. And to top it all off, you cited parenthetical usage in a discussion about quote marks.

Maybe I should leave you in your bliss.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #62
CadBane
Banned

Next stupid post, I'm going to ban you.

Thank you.

Last edited by mary; 02-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #63
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1. He had 3 blocks and altered at least 4 or 5 more. He was huge down there. Granted, people will start adjusting and use a pump-fake on him, but I think he can adjust as well. Dude needs PT.
And I think he did a good job timing his jump to block those shots. I'm with dude on Wright's presence getting noticed by the Thunder - they didn't seem to be venturing inside much towards the end of the fourth.

Hopefully synergy gets the fourth quarter put up soon because I'm anxious to go back and re-watch his work on the defensive end (I don't always get a very clear picture on these internet feeds that aren't SOPA-approved).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is still working on getting confidence to make moves that he usually makes. I would think that's a normal process for just about anyone. Dirk pretty much had the a rough go when he came back from the knee injury last year. It took him about 5, 6 games before he was really cranking it out like we're used to seeing. I think it's going to be along those lines this year.

The big thing is he said the swelling is pretty much gone. That's a definite hurdle you want to see cleared. He's just got to work on getting his repertoire back and get his flow back. I'm not worried.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #65
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Dirk is still working on getting confidence to make moves that he usually makes. I would think that's a normal process for just about anyone. Dirk pretty much had the a rough go when he came back from the knee injury last year. It took him about 5, 6 games before he was really cranking it out like we're used to seeing. I think it's going to be along those lines this year.

The big thing is he said the swelling is pretty much gone. That's a definite hurdle you want to see cleared. He's just got to work on getting his repertoire back and get his flow back. I'm not worried.
You mean we shouldn't bench him for Yi?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #66
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

Thank you.
David Stern, is that you?

*So you edit my post, but not Chum's? You leave his ignorant, incorrect assessment of events, but remove mine. Nice.

**Yes, I get to do that.

Last edited by mary; 02-02-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #67
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Dirk not playing well doesn't explain the horrible shooting by Vince and Roddy. The whole team was out of sync. Two days ago we played brilliantly. Today we sucked but we had the chance to beat a full-strength contender coming of a loss the previous game. We'll rebound next game.
The thing is, that sort of game is going to happen now and then. That's why you have a superstar, it's the superstars you rely on to get you past those games.

Unfortunately, unless Dirk gets right, Dallas no longer has a superstar.

Worse Dirk isn't getting superstar calls anymore. The refs treat him like he's a washed up has been, not a guy who won a championship a few months ago and was the playoff MVP.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #68
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
No, Captain Dumbass. I didn't misinterpret what I found. I had a brain lapse and without fully reading your post, assumed you were talking about parentheticals and not quotations.

What I linked you to (obviously I already knew it you stupid twat) is 100% correct. It's also 100% the same for quotations (outside of the US). Kind of like the metric system...majority rules.

By the way, they're called "quotations", not "quote marks".

Thank you, come again.
Geez, why do I have to be the "stupid twat," when what we are trying to do here is get you back up to speed before you start handing out usage lessons?

It's not at all "100% the same" for parentheses as it is for quote marks. The two aren't even remotely the same in intention, so why should they be expected to follow some same set of rules? You are making a terrific reach here.

And finally, things other people say that the writer wants to quote are "quotations." The graphical symbols that surround those words are called "quote marks."
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #69
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I feel pretty good about the game after all.

Only Terry and Wright had it going and we made it a one-possession game until the last minute of regulation.

Add injuries, refs and if I was OKC I'd be happy about the win, but not about the bigger picture. They needed a buzzer beater three games into the season when the Mavs weren't ready at all, got blown out in the only game both teams had full personnel and needed major ref help to get away with a win against a shorthanded Mavs team.

Dunno. Dirk's still saying: "Not afraid"

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-02-2012 at 12:46 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #70
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I thought the refs were typical.

Dirk shoots horrible,
Vince shoots horrible
Roddy shoots horrible
Delonte shoots horrible.

Yuck...

The dirkster needs to do whatever the heck it takes. If roddy goes in and tries another p**** over the head layup attempt I think I may have to get a snipers rifle. Man up dude.
Delonte didn't shoot terrible..he got fouled on two of his shots. 2-6 (1-2 from 3). Only played 15-16 minutes... WHAT THE HELL DOES HE HAVE TO DO!

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 02-02-2012 at 12:48 AM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #71
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Geez, why do I have to be the "stupid twat," when what we are trying to do here is get you back up to speed before you start handing out usage lessons?

It's not at all "100% the same" for parentheses as it is for quote marks. The two aren't even remotely the same in intention, so why should they be expected to follow some same set of rules? You are making a terrific reach here.

And finally, things other people say that the writer wants to quote are "quotations." The graphical symbols that surround those words are called "quote marks."
Yet another fail from our resident Gary Busey.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Quotations

1. The act of quoting.

You put the words in "quotations".

Yes, the rules ARE the same for parenthesis and quotations in this instance (both being part of a former sentence). As in both cases (outside of the US), the period comes *after* the quotation or parenthesis.

It's not that complicated.

Thank you, come again.

I'm sure my *reply* will get edited, but not your baiting.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #72
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
Delonte didn't shoot terrible..he got fouled on two of his shots. 2-6 (1-2 from 3). Only played 15-16 minutes... WHAT THE HELL DOES HE HAVE TO DO!
He was also the only one that could keep Westbrook in front of him.

Stotts had non business putting Roddy back in over him late in the 4th.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #73
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you.
Quote:
David Stern, is that you?

*So you edit my post, but not Chum's? You leave his ignorant, incorrect assessment of events, but remove mine. Nice.

**Yes, I get to do that.
So...he's banned?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #74
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
So...he's banned?
You should be banned based on this pathetic attempt at humor.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #75
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should be banned based on this pathetic attempt at humor.
Alright.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #76
CadBane
Banned

Indiana is going to be a tough game Friday...hope the Mavs can re-group.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #77
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

2-15? you gotta be kidding me?

we cheered for this guy all these years to win a ring and he finally gets one then comes back the next yr with this kind of play? this shit is getting ridiculous.

he really does us no good being on the floor. yeah no lo and haywood but damn 2-15 will not get it done when he is supposed to be our go to guy.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #78
tcat075
Diamond Member

Not a bad loss, by the way.

OKC had been off three of their previous four days, and are off tomorrow. They used a tight rotation, just 8 players, and played Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka all big minutes. They were the more rested team, and throw in all the injuries the Mavericks have, this is just one of those games you have to cede in this ridiculous shortened lockout season.

Really the only worry is Dirk, and that's been discussed plenty. It's clear the Mavericks aren't going anywhere til he figures it out, though. Without knowing whether the knee or the lack of stamina is the bigger issue, I can't say what the correct course of action is, but clearly playing 38 minutes is not it.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yes, the rules ARE the same for parenthesis and quotations in this instance (both being part of a former sentence). As in both cases (outside of the US), the period comes *after* the quotation or parenthesis.

It's not that complicated.

Thank you, come again.

I'm sure my *reply* will get edited, but not your baiting.
I'll have to give some more thought to this. You may be right, that there are some parallels between the two (at least in the examples of usage that you are considering). On the whole, though, I think it is probably more complex.

But, the primary point remains: You got it wrong the first time. And as part of an attack on another poster about "learn the English language" or somesuch. To tout your knowledge, now that you have researched it, is to entirely beg the question. I think the lesson for you should be that you should refrain from exhorting other members to "learn the English language" when you yourself have demonstrated tonight that you, too, have a lot to learn.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #80
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I feel pretty good about the game after all.
The Mavs just need to get healthy. Everything else is just window dressing at this point.

Tags
cad vs chum