Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #41
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default Van Exel's Trade Ends Our Playoff Hopes

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone... It's truly been my pleasure taking the brunt of everyone's emotions in order to get some banter going here; it's been truly dead here lately!

But seriously, of course Van Exel is a ball-hog, no defense, undersized, trash-talking, over-shooting, streak shooter. BUT, no matter what pieces of coal are lobbed my way (many of which are outstandingly funny BTW!), it does not alter the fact that he can take over a BIG game as he proved in the playoffs this year! This does not take away from Dirk! Van Exel is 31, Dirk quite a bit younger, plus, Dirk doesn't have an ATTITUDE! We need a couple of players who have ability & ATTITUDE! All the other winning teams have this; who has it on this team now? TAW? Najera? Finley (he tries!)? Bradley?

This was the intangible we just traded away...
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #42
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

The problem is your point

A. is way over the top - Van Exel trade Ends Our Playoff Hopes - I mean, you are making yourself look like a fool. The Van Exel trade gives us infinite hope in this years playoffs, and if we hadn't made that trade then even the most optimistic of fans would have to be a little hesitant about our chances in the West. Great, Nick had the guts to take shots and make them at a 40% clip. Where, oh where can we find someone else to have those kind of guts?

B. has already been discussed and summarily dismissed by people who understand the game and this team. Please refer to my post about Nick's true value in the playoffs, which has been reposted in this thread.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:09 PM   #43
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

I didn't bother to read this entire thread, but NVE most definitely does not end the Mavs chance at a title. A young Jamison for a slightly aging NVE is a good trade any day of the week. One series where NVE was amazing and clutch does not mean jack if it's not taken into context. NVE's consistent ball hogging in against Portland in Round 1 and his very very average performance against the Spurs in the WCF makes his departure for a very good, young player like Jamison a steal. Looking at the Portland series it's abundantly clear that NVE harmed the Mavs, if anything.

Even though some might not agree with me, I honestly think that the Mavs improved a lot with Jamison even if NVE is gone. Seriously, I think he'll bring much needed rebounding and, yes, I believe he'll show great defensive intensity that the Mavs so desperately need. I'd put the Mavs at #2, Spurs at #3, and Kings at #4 behind the Lakers for a title shot this season, cause I truly believe they have the best chance to win it all right next to the Lakers.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:10 PM   #44
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

How do we know that NVE's can ever duplicate his run in the playoffs. Bibby had a nice run in the playoffs a couple of years ago but what did he do last year?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:10 AM   #45
rickydavis

rickydavis is on a distinguished road

murphy u can suck my cock, and the other guy yea u all arent van exel haters but talk mad shiet like the pussies u are, talk shiet when they leave but praise him when he saves ur ass in the sac series, cavs have the same shot at winning the title as dallas dumb ass, look at the lakers fool u think u can beat them???? hahahha i laugh so hard at that, toughest team in the east is the embarrassing nets and mr overated jkidd nets couldnt pull an 8th seed in the west
rickydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #46
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rickydavis
murphy u can suck my cock, and the other guy yea u all arent van exel haters but talk mad shiet like the pussies u are, talk shiet when they leave but praise him when he saves ur ass in the sac series, cavs have the same shot at winning the title as dallas dumb ass, look at the lakers fool u think u can beat them???? hahahha i laugh so hard at that, toughest team in the east is the embarrassing nets and mr overated jkidd nets couldnt pull an 8th seed in the west
Well this profanity filled message probably means a long vacation for you. Too bad.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:17 AM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

good riddance to the child on mommies computer....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 AM   #48
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't bother to read this entire thread, but NVE most definitely does not end the Mavs chance at a title. A young Jamison for a slightly aging NVE is a good trade any day of the week. One series where NVE was amazing and clutch does not mean jack if it's not taken into context. NVE's consistent ball hogging in against Portland in Round 1 and his very very average performance against the Spurs in the WCF makes his departure for a very good, young player like Jamison a steal. Looking at the Portland series it's abundantly clear that NVE harmed the Mavs, if anything.

Even though some might not agree with me, I honestly think that the Mavs improved a lot with Jamison even if NVE is gone. Seriously, I think he'll bring much needed rebounding and, yes, I believe he'll show great defensive intensity that the Mavs so desperately need. I'd put the Mavs at #2, Spurs at #3, and Kings at #4 behind the Lakers for a title shot this season, cause I truly believe they have the best chance to win it all right next to the Lakers.
Good points, Attack... I certainly nurture high hopes that the Nick Van Exel for Antawn (plus Fortson, Welsch, and the Mills cap room) ends up being comparable to past trading coups like the classic fleece, Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber...

Maybe that is is being a bit optimistic, but I just can't help but see the similarities and similar potential of the old Sac-Was trade, and our own actions in trading away a shorter, older talented player (and three spare wheels), for a taller, younger talented player (and three potentially very valuable pieces). I think that Jamison may end up being a stunningly effective aquisition for the Mavs, and if any of the other trade aquisitions follow suit, that is just more destruction for our foes to worry about... Ultimately, I will be amazed if the pundits, fans, and rest of the league aren't quite surprised to see how good the Mavs will be next year...

Unfortunately, we may not be able to derail the Laker's Hall-of-Fame trade in 03, but we are accumulating a young, nightmarishly deep, group of talented players who are playing in their primes, and the aging Laker's roster will not have many miles left in it after this year...

Similarly, the Spurs and Kings may have made some moves this offseason, but somehow, I just don't think that will be quite enough to forestall the traumatizing, and devastating effects of the Mav's Depth Charge offense next season. We have too many talented players on our roster, and they get along (hopefully with the GS aquisitions) well enough that Portland-style chemistry problems seem unlikely. There are certainly no guarantee's that the Mavs will win a championship within the next couple of years, but I sure think that might be a smart bet...

Old 09-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #49
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Don't be ridiculous. Ad hominem attacks do nothing to make your opinion have any more validity.

My point is well taken, & it may have been stated before; so what's the point? I sure hope that we are better for years to come.

Please reserve your remarks for the discussion & not personal attacks; if you don't like the topic, don't read it & don't respond. Apparently, several other people had more substantial opinions to express that were related to the BASKETBALL DISCUSSION.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:14 AM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

your point is well taken?
well taken by whom?
no one worth mentioning gave your opinion an ounce of validity
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #51
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Van Exel's Trade Ends Our Playoff Hopes

hey, rickydavis supported his point. that's gotta count for something!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
hey, rickydavis supported his point. that's gotta count for something!
How? He didn't even use the obligatory exclamation point. Only a few question marks. I think he is confused.....
Old 09-16-2003, 09:39 AM   #53
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

well, i think he supported him more in his first post, with the brilliant:

Quote:
captain is one of the few ppl making sense on this forum, van exel one the sac series, dunno what all u other ppl are thinking , u guys will never win a championship, and for all the van exel haters u all can kiss my ass, GS wins the first game on opening night versus mavs vanexel 40+
it's rare that we have the opportunity to be in the presence of such intelligence. we should not ban him, but savor his presence and attempt to gain knowledge from him...
Old 09-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #54
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
What poetry. What style. What a player!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's amazing how uniformed some people are when it comes to sports...sorry rickydavis, but, i don't think you belong on a sports forum of any kind.

notice, i'm being civil...and notice, i don't resort to name calling or any of that b.s. i may make you feel like an idiot, but i usually don't come out and tell you are an idiot..unless it's an extreme case
Old 09-16-2003, 06:43 PM   #56
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

I also notice you didn't contribute one iota to this thread other than to express how superior you think you are to others who don't share your point-of-view.

If there was a board here that had a mirror Murphy, that would best suit your posts since you are your favorite fan.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

anything negative said from twodeep..well, take with a huge grain of salt
Old 09-16-2003, 08:43 PM   #58

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

shouldnt the title be "...Hopes in the Playoffs" instead of "...Playoff Hopes"? I dont think the mavs will have any problem making the playoffs with their team this year.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:18 PM   #59
rickydavis

murphy u are lame, u dont name call but call me an idiot, well i dont name call either but a are a stupid bitch and i'll be here posting in the future when the mavs get knocked out of the playoffs by the lakers
Old 09-17-2003, 02:22 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
murphy u are lame, u dont name call but call me an idiot, well i dont name call either but a are a stupid bitch and i'll be here posting in the future when the mavs get knocked out of the playoffs by the lakers
I got 20 bucks that says he won't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #61
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
How many strikes does this guy get?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

i don't mind the insults..that's really no big deal. but, the language really needs to stop. there's alot of younger people on the site that don't need to see that kinda junk
Old 09-17-2003, 03:43 PM   #63
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TwoDeep3
I also notice you didn't contribute one iota to this thread other than to express how superior you think you are to others who don't share your point-of-view.

If there was a board here that had a mirror Murphy, that would best suit your posts since you are your favorite fan.
Come on, TwoDeep. Did you read what kind of crap this rickydavis guy is posting, or are you just trolling for Murph posts to bag on? You're better than that.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #64
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are an idiot. Post again at your own risk.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

it is amusing, kg
Old 09-17-2003, 10:30 PM   #66
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am just disappointed that the first cav fan I meet is a total jerk.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:21 AM   #67
rickydavis

kg i heard u suck cock do u???
Old 09-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #68
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Wow, there's a stinging reply.

Is there a mod in sight, or do I have to melt yet another troll? It's one thing when they're stupid, but it's another thing when they're using this kind of language on a board that has many members who are women and children.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #69
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Did we lose all of our mods?
Old 09-19-2003, 11:31 AM   #70
Drbio
Banned

Lost the mods and gained a moron. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #71
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

The sad part is, the moron doesn't even realize that his post makes him sound like one of those closet homosexuals who write their phone numbers on the wall of the mens room, hoping for a quickie in a truck stop bathroom.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #72
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The sad part is, the moron doesn't even realize that his post makes him sound like one of those closet homosexuals who write their phone numbers on the wall of the mens room, hoping for a quickie in a truck stop bathroom.
Using the greatness of Yahoo people search I came up with a phone number for a ricky davis in the DFW area... Maybe we could put HIS number on some walls at the truck stops?
Old 09-20-2003, 07:46 AM   #73
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Goodbye.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #74
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Dude, get a life.

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
Quote:

Goodbye.
Thank you.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:20 AM   #75
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Originally posted by: djbacklash
Goodbye.
Thank you.

Please don't forget this one.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:18 AM   #76
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Great post.

Old 09-21-2003, 10:16 AM   #77
Drbio
Banned

Why the hell is that a great post Hitman? That's nothing more than a troll being an ass and contributing nothing to the board all while taking shots at a very well respected poster.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #78
Hitman
Golden Member

Hey Doc, I'll be sure to add one of these [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] next time.....

I was laying on the sarcasm

Old 09-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

ha.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] come down doc
Old 09-21-2003, 07:08 PM   #80
Drbio
Banned

Sorry hitman. It was certainly out of character.....damn those smileys...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]