Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #41
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
no play better and hit shots, sure Dirk can have off nights so can KG and every other player in the nba, but hitting shots and playing D helps and from what I saw KG was pretty good at making his shots. Althought Dirk could talk shit to point guards as well if he wants
Apparently you don't know about either players, much less anything relevant.

You are now officially 100% retarded.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-27-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #42
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Apparently you don't know about either players, much less anything relevant.

You are now officially 100% retarded.
bitter much I know one thing. Celtics are way better then the Mavericks

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-27-2009 at 07:02 AM.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #44
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Anyways, suck my nuts
Possibly the best closing to an argument..like..ever.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #45
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

His first shot yesterday told you everything you needed to know about his heart...or lack thereof.

Here he is in the first quarter getting the ball around the free throw line...about to take the wide open jumper. he takes ONE look at KG who's the closest defender at a good 8-10 feet away... and instead of taking the jumper...

HE PAUSES...

Then he must've thought to himself...

"oh shit KG is gonna block my shot, oh wait... he's too far away... but he's closing in... I don't think he can block my shot from that far away... ok, let me give this a try"

and he immediately jacks up a rushed, out-of-rhythm shot that doesn't even draw iron.

How pathetic!!!

Right then, you could see that this was gonna be a long afternoon... I'm sure the rest of the mavs saw dirk's nutz shrivel up... and dirk's timid attitude carried down to his teammates throughout the entire game.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #46
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #47
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

The window is closing friends... the question is do we rebuild now when Dirk and JHo still have trade value or do we wait four seasons longer and wait until no one would be dumb enough to trade big pieces for them (much like what Houston has done with TMac)?

Time will tell. But this team is NOT getting into the playoffs this year, and won't get past the first round even if they do.

Last edited by MavericksFan5912; 01-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.
MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #48
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

During the half time bit on Pierce it showed the Celtic fans booing him for blowing a dunk.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with rebuilding without Dirk is that you're very unlikely to get another Dirk type player in return. If you truly want to compete, you better have some superstars. So, it's probably a better idea to build around the one you've got especially since he's still in his prime. The Mavs have some commodities that can be moved. Dumping Dirk so that this team can spend a decade out of the playoffs just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But hey, perhaps you could dump dirk and maybe sneak in the playoffs a time or two instead of trying to use your other commodities to actually compete for a title now.

Players like Dirk don't come around very often. How many Hall of Famers do the Mavs have in the history of their franchise? Exactly. How many will they have a few years after Dirk retires?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #50
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
His first shot yesterday told you everything you needed to know about his heart...or lack thereof.

Here he is in the first quarter getting the ball around the free throw line...about to take the wide open jumper. he takes ONE look at KG who's the closest defender at a good 8-10 feet away... and instead of taking the jumper...

HE PAUSES...

Then he must've thought to himself...

"oh shit KG is gonna block my shot, oh wait... he's too far away... but he's closing in... I don't think he can block my shot from that far away... ok, let me give this a try"

and he immediately jacks up a rushed, out-of-rhythm shot that doesn't even draw iron.

How pathetic!!!

Right then, you could see that this was gonna be a long afternoon... I'm sure the rest of the mavs saw dirk's nutz shrivel up... and dirk's timid attitude carried down to his teammates throughout the entire game.
Perfectly said : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #51
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

perfectly said?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The problem with rebuilding without Dirk is that you're very unlikely to get another Dirk type player in return. If you truly want to compete, you better have some superstars. So, it's probably a better idea to build around the one you've got especially since he's still in his prime. The Mavs have some commodities that can be moved. Dumping Dirk so that this team can spend a decade out of the playoffs just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But hey, perhaps you could dump dirk and maybe sneak in the playoffs a time or two instead of trying to use your other commodities to actually compete for a title now.

Players like Dirk don't come around very often. How many Hall of Famers do the Mavs have in the history of their franchise? Exactly. How many will they have a few years after Dirk retires?
Listen to this man...er...nun.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #53
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would hate to see Dirk go, and might actually shed a tear over it. That said, I'm not convinced that it would take a decade to make the playoffs again with a solid trade! Thats Horsehockey imo. Just a wild guess. It will be interseting to see if/how we move these so called commodities to contend for a title while possibly wasting Dirks trade value and slowing our rebuilding process. I don't know what to do, I don't want to see Dirk go but I hate wasting time on something that seems highly unlikely.

"Players like Dirk don't come around very often. How many Hall of Famers do the Mavs have in the history of their franchise? Exactly. How many will they have a few years after Dirk retires?"

Yes, they don't come around too often but who knows when we will get another HOF. Again, an answer no one knows, just speculation.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #54
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Where the hell did people get the idea Dirk is timid of K frickin G of all people? KG is about as intimidating as a stray kitten.

It's not a matter of intimidation, it's a matter of a team lacking offense going up against a great defense, allowing that defense to lockin on Dirk.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #55
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
bitter much I know one thing. Celtics are way better then the Mavericks
Kiss of death for the Celtics.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #56
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yea, it's sad to see. There isn't a KG out there. There isn't that top 10 player you can just pick up right now. I mean I've looked through pages of Bender's contract section and realistically I came up with Richard Jefferson, Jermaine O'Neal....not your earth shattering KG pick ups. Now do you got with either of those players for an expiring and young piece? It's bleak out there. Even going into the summer, I can't see many pieces being moved around, then again, who knows, Dallas decides to pick up Stack's option to keep as a trade chip. Even following in the Gasol idea,(crappy team, overpaid star), there aren't that many, Redd, Miller, Davis, Kaman, Camby, Marion to name a few, but it takes 2 sides, especially from a team receiving heavy pressure to stay above the black.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #57
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Where the hell did people get the idea Dirk is timid of K frickin G of all people? KG is about as intimidating as a stray kitten.

It's not a matter of intimidation, it's a matter of a team lacking offense going up against a great defense, allowing that defense to lockin on Dirk.
Then we didnt watch the same game my friend. Dirk was frustrated so quickly in that game that it just sealed the game for the Celtics and guess who did it to him...yupp KG

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #58
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

edit

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-26-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: screw it
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

double post.. pressed quote instead of edit.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-26-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #60
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Teams perceived as 'upper-echelon' are allowed by the league to bully Dirk, period. You see it every time we run against one. Hand checks, bumps, flailing arms, foot under the shooter, you name it and it will likely not be called as Dirk is foreign, ********* and not pimping a big contract for any company that falls under the NBA sponsor category.

All that said Dirk played a terrible game, along with the entire team. They all sucked as a blowout like this(again on national television) is a team failure, not personal.

In spite of Dirk's scrub treatment he is typically phenomenal, some people around here are simply spoiled by a couple of winning seasons.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #61
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk looked really bad, the way he played reminded me of Game 6 vs GS. I don't really blame him or the team for that matter, they all just looked really tired.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk had a bad game against KG.. Dirk's had more than his fair share of great games against KG. What exactly is the point? Some of you are pathetic knee jerkers.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #63
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Dirk's worst game this year was probably the 3rd game against Cleveland.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #64
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Rebuilding would definitely require trading Dirk. You won't get the same caliber player (unless you think someone like Cleveland is stupid enough to trade their 24 year old superstar for a 30 year old one?), but you get a young talent or even two that will hopefully become as good as Dirk... and draft picks, and role players. And you spend a season tanking the hell out of the team until your in a good position for another run. That's how it works.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Dirk had a bad game against KG.. Dirk's had more than his fair share of great games against KG. What exactly is the point? Some of you are pathetic knee jerkers.
no kidding

Someone just brought up Dirk's bad game against Cleveland. Using the same logic, are we to believe that Dirk was intimidated by Varejao?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #66
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

The Mavs lost Sunday because I was unable to watch the game. Dirk had nothing to do with it. I take full responsibility.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #67
fluid.forty.one

dammit craggmac
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #68
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
Rebuilding would definitely require trading Dirk. You won't get the same caliber player (unless you think someone like Cleveland is stupid enough to trade their 24 year old superstar for a 30 year old one?), but you get a young talent or even two that will hopefully become as good as Dirk... and draft picks, and role players. And you spend a season tanking the hell out of the team until your in a good position for another run. That's how it works.
How it would likely work is you trade Dirk..you in all likeliness, get a couple of guys that turn out to be pretty decent players..and you go into the draft with higher draft picks hoping that something falls to you. But in all likeliness, you suck for a long, long time.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #69
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hey my fellow Mavs fans would you trade Dirk for Amare straight up?
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #70
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Hey my fellow Mavs fans would you trade Dirk for Amare straight up?
No.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #71
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Hell no.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #72
ghazi
Platinum Member

The only appeal of Amare is that he's younger, but Dirk is the better basketball player and I think Amare has a loser mentality.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Amare is a great player, he would provide better interior defense esp, and overall a lil more intimidating at the PF spot. He might even be the post offense we have been looking for. It sure would make us more traditional in our build. Maybe we could get someone else as well, which is the only way I do the deal.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #74
fluid.forty.one

People have been expecting Amare to pass Dirk as a player for awhile now. I don't think it's going to happen, if at all, until our window is completely closed anyway. The move doesn't make sense as a quick fix.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #75
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, I don't want to see a Nash/Dirk/Shaq lineup... that's just scary.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Plus, I don't want to see a Nash/Dirk/Shaq lineup... that's just scary.
yeah

As much as I want Dirk to get a ring, that'd be tough to swallow.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #77
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
The Mavs lost Sunday because I was unable to watch the game. Dirk had nothing to do with it. I take full responsibility.
haha, we should trade you.....
Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #78
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

It's doom and gloom for now and possibly 2009-10, but once we get Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh, brighter things are on the horizon. Terry/Johnson/Howard/Dirk/Bosh (5 scorers here, and Bosh can be the David Robinson on this team with only having to rebound and defend and the occasional put back hoop); Barea/Green/Wright/Bass/Damp; Carroll/Foster/Williams/Singleton/Hollins

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 01-27-2009 at 06:05 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #79
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Dirk is worth more than Amare alone. Dirk with a bunch of fringe stars can make the playoffs. Amare with a bunch of fringe stars makes the team a lottery team.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #80
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Dirk is worth more than Amare alone. Dirk with a bunch of fringe stars can make the playoffs. Amare with a bunch of fringe stars makes the team a lottery team.
No doubt. Amare would never get a free pass here. "that game winning dunk, he should have windmilled it....." I can see the posts now, if Amare was traded for Dirk.

Tags
dirk's still amazing