Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I really do believe we might have seen the last of Jet in a Mavs uni.

Kidd is an interesting idea. That is a bloated contract, but it's what...2 years left? That's a fair portion of the window for Dallas, so why not? Kidd can do it all really.

As for Garnett and his bloated salary. There are people that Dallas has that can match that salary...it's just a matter of Minnesota seeing value in those players.

And Stein isn't a slouch, he's a pretty reliable source for information and knows the pulse of the team pretty well, and is better than average for the national scale.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-04-2007 at 10:59 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #42
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
The only Mavs that are safe this offseason imho are Dirk, Josh, and Devin.
And Diop and Mbenga. Mbenga's contract is small and Diop is a defensive force.

Stackhouse is the fire of the Mavs, but he CAN'T DRIBBLE and he's too streaky. I say trade him while he's worth something. Or is he a free agent?

I don't want to see JET traded, but you have to listen to offers.

Chauncy Billups is really the only thing I hear so far that I would part with JET for. I don't think Gasol or Pierce would mesh with Dirk. I can see Dirk and Garnett being the best frontcourt in the NBA, but could that ever happen...

I don't even think any of these trades would work financially.

Really, Flacolaco's right about the knee-jerking. The truth is we would have rather faced the Spurs in the first round than the Warriors. We own the Spurs. It's all about matchups, and what if we did get the Spurs first round next year? We'd wished we'd kept the team intact. I think it's up to management to see if this group still has the passion to fight for each other. If they still do, then keep the roster intact. None of us fans can really determine this. The people around the team, Cuban, Nellie Jr., Avery, have more exposure to this team's mental state. I don't think those three will even know the answer to this question for a while themselves. So in the meantime, they'll keep those ears open.... Chauncy? Wanna play with the giant German?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack is a free agent, as is Chauncey.

I still don't get the matchups thing. Did it play a roll? Yes. Do I think this team would have beaten the Spurs in a 7 game series over the past two weeks? Hell no.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #44
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I'm sure you will find out soon when your entire reliant organization realizes it's future has been running around the court for an 82 game season on 33 year old legs. That must be pretty heavy on the poor guys back too. He goes down your entire team goes down, enjoy him while he lasts and we'll see who has the last laugh.
Nash has even hinted that this year is a do or die for his Suns. We'll see how they handle the pressure. Howerver, Barbosa has really helped keep Nash from playing long minutes this post-season.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #45
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
There is no way we get Gasol without giving up Josh or Devin, and Gasol doesn't really solve our issues. The middle of our defense would be wide open without Damp or Diop out there.
You have to think one step further: Damp/Diop as center. Pau Gasol (this is too good to be true) as a PF. Dirk moves to SF/SG hyrbrid. Josh gets the other SF/SG spot freeing Terry up to be either a PG or a 6th man. Devin is the main PG.

Now, if Dirk is playing the high post and periphery and Gasol is in the low post...

That is a scary lineup.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #46
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
What about Lamar Odom?
Lamar works for me.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
You have to think one step further: Damp/Diop as center. Pau Gasol (this is too good to be true) as a PF. Dirk moves to SF/SG hyrbrid. Josh gets the other SF/SG spot freeing Terry up to be either a PG or a 6th man. Devin is the main PG.

Now, if Dirk is playing the high post and periphery and Gasol is in the low post...

That is a scary lineup.
That lineup would give up 120+ ppg.

Dirk can not guard a single small forward in this league, and neither can Gasol.

Hell, Dirk at small foward would hurt his offensive game as well. He'd spend the entire year being guarded by the very people that give him the hardest time.

Dirk is a PF. The days of people thinking that he could play regularly as a SF or C are gone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #48
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Do I think this team would have beaten the Spurs in a 7 game series over the past two weeks? Hell no.
We own the Spurs. They are extremely relieved that we got knocked out. We were the only team that scared them.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-04-2007 at 11:16 PM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #49
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Mikki Moore.
Again, I like your thinking.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
We own the Spurs. They are extremely relieved that we got knocked out. We were the only team that scared them.
In general, I agree, but I don't chalk up our piss poor play these last two weeks solely to our matchup.

I wouldn't say "own" is really the correct word either.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #51
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
That lineup would give up 120+ ppg.

Dirk can not guard a single small forward in this league, and neither can Gasol.

Hell, Dirk at small foward would hurt his offensive game as well. He'd spend the entire year being guarded by the very people that give him the hardest time.

Dirk is a PF. The days of people thinking that he could play regularly as a SF or C are gone.
Sometimes I miss Nellie. You forgot that you can change the defensive assignments. When we play a team where we need Diop/Dampier in the paint, then Diop/Damp gets the big man. With Gasol and Josh and Dirk on the court at the same time, you assign Gasol to the PF or center that Diop/Dampier is not guarding. Josh guards the best SG or SF whichever is the main threat. Dirk gets the other one.

If you are playing the Spurs, that means Dirk is guarding Bowen and Dirk can guard Bowen because all Bowen does is sit in the corner waiting to take a three pointer when he is all alone.

It all depends on how you line up with the other team. Sometimes, Pau could be the center and Dirk the PF, the so called double PF strategy. That might work against the Suns although I prefer Diop/Mbenga on Stoudemire.

Heck, bring in Olowokandi (cheap and always available each year). He can play center when you desperately need a scoring center to "punish the midgits" and the Suns and several other teams that lack a massive paint defense.

Play Olowokandi when the match up is right. Play the Dirk/Diop/Gasol combo when it works better.

I'm just dreaming anyway. Olowokandi is a player we can get. Pau Gasol is a long shot and a dream.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
Sometimes I miss Nellie. You forgot that you can change the defensive assignments. When we play a team where we need Diop/Dampier in the paint, then Diop/Damp gets the big man. With Gasol and Josh and Dirk on the court at the same time, you assign Gasol to the PF or center that Diop/Dampier is not guarding. Josh guards the best SG or SF whichever is the main threat. Dirk gets the other one.

If you are playing the Spurs, that means Dirk is guarding Bowen and Dirk can guard Bowen because all Bowen does is sit in the corner waiting to take a three pointer when he is all alone.

It all depends on how you line up with the other team. Sometimes, Pau could be the center and Dirk the PF, the so called double PF strategy. That might work against the Suns although I prefer Diop/Mbenga on Stoudemire.

Heck, bring in Olowokandi (cheap and always available each year). He can play center when you desperately need a scoring center to "punish the midgits" and the Suns and several other teams that lack a massive paint defense.

Play Olowokandi when the match up is right. Play the Dirk/Diop/Gasol combo when it works better.

I'm just dreaming anyway. Olowokandi is a player we can get. Pau Gasol is a long shot and a dream.
You still didn't address the issue of what that does to Dirk's offensive game, and your defensive matchups plan is full of holes. You listed exactly one SF/SG what Dirk could even try to guard.

The reality is that if your two best players are both PF's and need to be on the court together, teams will find a way to exploit that defensively, no matter what.

Look, even Nellie realized that Dirk would never flourish as a SF, and he abandoned the idea.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #53
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
I don't chalk up our piss poor play these last two weeks solely to our matchup.
I don't chalk it up to much at all other than the fact that it was the perfect storm. On so many deep levels. Our regular season was too good, we got one of the hottest teams in the entire NBA (a team that recently whipped the Suns), we faced a team/coach with a vendetta, AND yes, we played awful... but remember, we won 17 in a row right before looking awful against... the Warriors. We were hot then. Simple fact: Warriors are our kryptonite. So yes, I think we would have looked better against any other team in the NBA, the Spurs and even the Suns. Not saying Phoenix couldn't beat us in 7, but Dirk has big games against the Suns. And I'll take my chances with Dirk averaging 30 and 10 any day over playing a team that had beat us 6 in a row coming into the playoffs with a coach who happened to be Dirk's American mentor. The perfect storm, my friends, the perfect storm.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #54
pkdumas
Golden Member

Dirk is young and has a track record of learning new skills and getting better every year. Who's to say he won't get better in the offensive post/back to the basket game this offseason? Maybe that's the key, not a trade. But we could use a tough, pass first guard that can break down a defense. The Warrios were able to sit on Dirk because no one could attack the lane against the Warriors big backcourt. So no, Dirk can't create his own shot against every defense, but with a distributer (Nash, where'd ya go?) he can get his shot against anyone, Warriors included.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #55
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

No thanks to JKidd, his broke jump shot, bum knee and bloated contract
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #56
pkdumas
Golden Member

We need Cherokee Parks, damnit.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If Jet leaves, for let's say...a low-post presence, What exactly is stopping us from making J-Ho the 2 guard?

I'm just generally asking.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:51 AM   #58
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

This is a fantastic idea. I don't care if we lose Terry out of it. I'm pretty much done with JET. He's a good player but man, he just looses his cool and his mistakes are COSTLY. Kidd is way better. He's just as good of a shooter, he's a great finisher on lay-ups and oh my God... the Kidd whips Terry at the point. This is a major upgrade if it were to happen. I would be stoked.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #59
pkdumas
Golden Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
What exactly is stopping us from making J-Ho the 2 guard?

Um, he can't dribble? He's barely better than Stackhouse at dribbling. Ouch. Oh yeah! He disappears in the second half.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-05-2007 at 02:43 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #60
Wurzburg

Wurzburg is on a distinguished road

hell no
Wurzburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
Um, he can't dribble? He's barely better than Stackhouse at dribbling. Ouch. Oh yeah! He disappears in the second half.
JHo handles the ball well enough to get into the lane... Fin can't dribble and he's played 2 guard all his life.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #62
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Jet was on fire for about a month there and on that long road trip he coudn't miss. The only problem with him is that he isn't a defensive player. Avery's vision is to have combo players like Howard and Devin Harris who can play both sides of the ball. It will probably take some time and some down years to get those combo guys. I sure would miss Jet's clutch shooting if he left, however.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #63
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Jet was on fire for about a month there and on that long road trip he coudn't miss. The only problem with him is that he isn't a defensive player. Avery's vision is to have combo players like Howard and Devin Harris who can play both sides of the ball. It will probably take some time and some down years to get those combo guys. I sure would miss Jet's clutch shooting if he left, however.
If that truely is the case then why on earth did they re-sign the Jet. Everybody in the league knows he is a turnstile and that the Mavs have a great inability to defend the perimeter. Everyone talks about how great devin is going to be and how he can run the offense better and how he defends better and how he drives better. Geez, when first drafted I thought we had the 2nd coming of Kevin Johnson.

If he really does have that kind of skill then maybe the Mavs would have been better off just pocketing the cash, keeping Marquis and have Devin play 35-40 minutes a game at point. They certainly wouldn't have won 67 games this year but they would have accelerated Devin's game and the team would have been better prepared to play in the postseason.

Also, without Terry's contract they could have used Croshere's expiring contract to bring in a legitimate 2 guard like Ray Allen or someone else. As it was, they had no financial flexibility to make a deal that would legitimately make the team better for the postseason. Instead, they were stuck with guys like Terry, Buckner, George, and even Ager. Guys who can be very good but can also be very bad when the matchups don't favor them.

Unfortunately, every team in the post season has guys who can take advantage of their weaknesses. I can't believe this team as it is currently comprised would legitimately beat SA, Houston or Phoenix in a 7 game series. They could give them a damned good run for their money though because Dirk is such a friggin' good player. But limit the effectiveness of Dirk, Howard or Terry and this team has no chance. This team absolutely has to have all 3 playing at their peak to beat an elite team. Unfortunately, the Mavs played up to their potential for the entire season but didn't have another level to ascend to while their opponents had another level to go to.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #64
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
I sure would miss Jet's clutch shooting if he left, however.
How quickly we've forgotten that JETs a premiere shooter in this league. Sometimes streaky, but overall one of the best 3 point shots in the game. Without his 3 shot, we couldn't spread defenses as well. But being a great shooter alone is not enough in this league. You have to also be either a great passer or defender in addition to shooting.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #65
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

Marcus Camby anyone?
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #66
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason's contract seems about right to me. I would think lots of teams would value him, maybe not ones that have the same aspirations.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #67
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't want JET to be traded, I just have a feeling he will. Devin is definetly ready to be the starting PG, so looking for more of an SG by trading Terry would be something I'd expect.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #68
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Kidd would be very solid on this team. He would get Dirk super-easy shots again.

I don't know how well he would hold up in the regular season, but do y'all see what he is putting up in the playoffs!!!!
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #69
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Going after Kidd would mean this team believes they're a point guard away from winning a championship. The problems on this team are a lot more than that. Bring in Kidd if you want but personally i'd prefer Billups if he was available. Kidd could be finished afvter this playoff run. You don't know when he'll break down.
Dtownsfinest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #70
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I see that people want to bring in Gasol, but when you throw Dirk and Gasol out there with those fast small forwards of GS, they will be chopped liver for GS.

UNLESS: Gasol can get into the middle of that zone and punish there zone, with points and fouls.
Gasol has to run run run with these guys, and still it will be a problem on defense when they spread the floor and leave Dirk one on one, or Gasol one on one, that's not going to work.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #71
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Gasol, like Odom, seems to disappear a lot. maybe if he were on a good team it'd be different...

i'd like to get Billups in here. he's reliable, hits his shots, can pass.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #72
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Diavlo
Marcus Camby anyone?
Ummm. No.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #73
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

sign and trade for luol deng
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:43 AM   #74
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
sign and trade for luol deng
I'm sure the Bulls will trade their franchise player for whatever we can sign and trade

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #75
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I agree that Deng is a untradeable but is he a franchise player? Over Gordon and Hinrich? Bulls have a great team. They should've resigned Chandler. If i'm them i'm not touching my youth. They have some of the best young players in the NBA.
Dtownsfinest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #76
TruthbHeard

TruthbHeard is infamous around these parts

I know F**** that idea, Kidd is awesome but next year is prob his last as a true threat, we need a player with at least 4 years left to build with, like a Jermaine Oneal, KG, Joe Johnson.
TruthbHeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #77
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

we need someone with killer instinct, not just a good player. Someone that can bring the house down like NVE use to do and like the entire GSW team did this year.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #78
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I agree that Deng is a untradeable but is he a franchise player? Over Gordon and Hinrich? Bulls have a great team. They should've resigned Chandler. If i'm them i'm not touching my youth. They have some of the best young players in the NBA.
Yeah, Deng is their main guy. They were going to trade for Gasol at the dealine, offering PJ Brown and Gordon for him, but the Grizzlies wanted Deng. The Bulls rejected because Deng was there future centerpiece guy.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #79
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, Deng is their main guy. They were going to trade for Gasol at the dealine, offering PJ Brown and Gordon for him, but the Grizzlies wanted Deng. The Bulls rejected because Deng was there future centerpiece guy.
And I still don't know why chicago would trade Gordon over Deng. Gordon is the better player. In my opinion, he is the best player on that team.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Jason's contract seems about right to me. I would think lots of teams would value him, maybe not ones that have the same aspirations.
I think he would be a perfect fit on Cleveland. Not sure what they offer us, Hughes? Z? Arajao in sign and trade? Nothing too promising there for us.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason kidd