Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #41
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Kobe's thumb...

Shaq's speed/stamina...

The Spurs' injuries/age......

Who beats us out for the #1 spot again?

(okay, maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here...)
Everyone says Suns in the West Seedings Thread, except me.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Me and Sike are cool man. I get where you're coming from though.

Another sucker for Sike's charms...

Friggin' Martian Don Juan...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #43
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Kobe's thumb...

Shaq's speed/stamina...

The Spurs' injuries/age......

Who beats us out for the #1 spot again?

(okay, maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here...)
I may be overestimating him, but I really still think kobe can be consistent enough to keep that team in the top 3 or 4.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another sucker for Sike's charms...

Friggin' Martian Don Juan...
Boy, no joke. Everyone is angling for a little of that Sike love.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #45
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
PG Numbers vs. Harris
D. Williams: 13/20, 41 points, 7 assists
D. Williams: 7/15, 17 points, 7 rebounds, 12 assists
Okay, how long before Deron Williams is officially the best PG in the league? Who stands in his way? Nash? Kidd? Davis? Parker? Paul? Of those, I'd argue that the only player you could make a clear-cut case for would be Nash. Man, this guy's getting better so fast it's scary...
Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Boy, no joke. Everyone is angling for a little of that Sike love.
gotta love me!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm51288064/tt0101081

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #47
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI
Okay, how long before Deron Williams is officially the best PG in the league? Who stands in his way? Nash? Kidd? Davis? Parker? Paul? Of those, I'd argue that the only player you could make a clear-cut case for would be Nash. Man, this guy's getting better so fast it's scary...
I think you need to watch more Chris Paul video.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #48
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI
also..this is the type of guy that ate Devin's lunch...tough and physical...not a finesse guy like Parker or Nash.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think you need to watch more Chris Paul video.
I think right now I'd take williams over paul

Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #50
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I think right now I'd take williams over paul
I know that's conventional wisdom, and this doesn't prove anything, but Williams has gotten the better of their head-to-head matchups. Also, Williams absolutely destroyed him in their last matchup.

Although their stats are eerily close, Williams is stronger, and he's a better defender. And, he's getting to the foul line more this year.

For whatever reason, I just see him as getting better a faster rate.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI
I know that's conventional wisdom, and this doesn't prove anything, but Williams has gotten the better of their head-to-head matchups. Also, Williams absolutely destroyed him in their last matchup.

Although their stats are eerily close, Williams is stronger, and he's a better defender. And, he's getting to the foul line more this year.

For whatever reason, I just see him as getting better a faster rate.
yup

Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I would take Paul over Williams and not even really think real hard about it.

Paul is shouldering a lot of pressure for the New Orleans squad, and really, just look at the results of the team.

I think Paul has a lot more to offer in the leadership department.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #53
sike
The Preacha

bc williams is not leading the Jazz?

I'm not sure I've seen enough of either to make a determination about their leadership...

but I like Williams' game better as a stronger point guard.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sloan is the leader of the Jazz.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I think Sloan is the leader of the Jazz.
and B. Scott is just playing pocket pool, I guess?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
and B. Scott is just playing pocket pool, I guess?
I know you're kidding around to an extent, but certainly you would agree that different coaches have different styles?

I see Byron being a lot more laid back, allowing his players to lead.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #57
sike
The Preacha

I just haven't seen enough to know with any certainty that one is a better leader than the other...

they both seem like tough minded young leaders to me...that is all I'm saying...that, and..you smell like mold.

One could argue that Williams has taken on a Sloan like attitude by being under that great coach. I'm certainly not arguing that all coaches have the same style

Old 02-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Rest assured, it's coming the minute this trade does down. If indeed it does, that is.
Bump.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
jason kidd