Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-30-2004, 11:49 PM   #41
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Steve Kerr: Mavs won't make the playoffs

There is no way the Jazz will have a better season than the Mavericks.
The Flakers sans Phil and Shaq are the major dropoff, not the Mavs.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #42
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Steve Kerr: Mavs won't make the playoffs

I'm dissappointed in Kerr, I thought that he was much smarter than that. Dallas has had a major talent upgrade and he projects us falling out of the playoffs altogether??? IMO this is the most talented team that the Mavs have ever fielded. Add the fact that Shaq has left the conference, I think it would take a major injury to Dirk and a lot of bad luck in addition to keep us out of the playoffs. I hope everyone will email this prediction to Steve Kerr at the end of the season and make sure that you tell him how incredibly stupid he is after the Mavs make the playoffs for the 5th year in a row.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:16 AM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
I'm dissappointed in Kerr, I thought that he was much smarter than that. Dallas has had a major talent upgrade and he projects us falling out of the playoffs altogether??? IMO this is the most talented team that the Mavs have ever fielded. Add the fact that Shaq has left the conference, I think it would take a major injury to Dirk and a lot of bad luck in addition to keep us out of the playoffs. I hope everyone will email this prediction to Steve Kerr at the end of the season and make sure that you tell him how incredibly stupid he is after the Mavs make the playoffs for the 5th year in a row.
this thread is saved to my favorites so I can find it at the end of the season.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #44
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Kerr referred to the Mavs (and the Kings an extent) last year as a fun team to watch during the regular season but destined to fail in the playoffs. Why couldn't he include that in the Suns preview?

Terrible ranking. Only stupidity would allow someone to predict the Mavs not making the playoffs.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #45
dignan

dignan is on a distinguished road

Maybe this is why Kerr hates the Mavs....

Dallas was 20-62.
Chicago was 62-20.
dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:09 AM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Minnesota is horribly overrated. I love KG, but the fact is Spree and Cassell are OLD. 34 years for Spree and 35 years old for Cassell. If we thought Steve Nash was worn-out, look at Cassell in the playoffs. Unless Troy Hudson comes back fully healthy, how can anyone expect them to win a champsionship.

oh and the article stinks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

seriously, when has Kerr shown himself to be anything other than a decent color man? I don't remember his opinion every being worth this much attention.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #48
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
seriously, when has Kerr shown himself to be anything other than a decent color man? I don't remember his opinion every being worth this much attention.
I don't even think he's a decent color man. He and Marv constantly needling Fratello was some of the most annoying schtick I have ever heard in sports announcing, which is saying a lot. Sometimes they would stop calling a game for a minute at a time so they could keep up with their lame insults.

He always seemed to be a good guy on the court, but since he stepped behind the mike, he's come off like a smarmy frat boy. He's like one of the bad guys from Animal House.

And as ridiculous as these rankings are concerning the Mavs, I think it might even be worse to put the Kings at 10th. They have some chemistry problems, but they're still basically the same team that has been in the mix for a championship the last 3 years or so. I see them winning the Pacific division at least. Man, I have to get pretty annoyed to defend the Kings.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #49
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

It is apparent that Stevie Kerr has joined Ricky Williams in the agriculture industry! LA in front of Sac and Dallas; LA will be a lottery team, and win the #1 overall pick, and that's a lock!
Old 10-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #50
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

It is apparent that Stevie Kerr has joined Ricky Williams in the agriculture industry! LA in front of Sac and Dallas; LA will be a lottery team, and win the #1 overall pick, and that's a lock!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #51
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

*bump*

then
Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Finley return, but their former running mate Steve Nash is not there to lead them.

Can this team continue to thrive on running and sharing the ball with the new additions of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse? Both would much rather shoot than pass, and when you throw Dampier into the mix, you wonder how this group will blend together. Nellie has his hands full.
now
Quote:
Dallas Mavericks. The 3-0 Mavs are doing it with – gulp – defense. Opponents are shooting just 40 percent, while Dallas has maintained its high-octane style in putting up 108 points per night. Devin Harris and Jason Terry have filled in nicely for the departed Nash in leading Don Nelson's team out of the gate quickly.
Opening-week reviews: SURPRISE TEAMS
Old 11-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #52
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Okay now we talkin' Steve. Now i'm back with you. Before you were talking out of your a**.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:46 PM   #53
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
*bump*

then
Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Finley return, but their former running mate Steve Nash is not there to lead them.

Can this team continue to thrive on running and sharing the ball with the new additions of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse? Both would much rather shoot than pass, and when you throw Dampier into the mix, you wonder how this group will blend together. Nellie has his hands full.
now
Quote:
Dallas Mavericks. The 3-0 Mavs are doing it with – gulp – defense. Opponents are shooting just 40 percent, while Dallas has maintained its high-octane style in putting up 108 points per night. Devin Harris and Jason Terry have filled in nicely for the departed Nash in leading Don Nelson's team out of the gate quickly.
Opening-week reviews: SURPRISE TEAMS

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]that's hilarious. I know that was hard for Kerr to give the Mavs any kind of respect, even though it was still backhanded. Great find and bump Erica.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #54
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

what a doosh... why doesnt the bitch stick with his prediction?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #55
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

doosh....LOL!

Kerr is certainly a douche.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #56
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

Bleses Steves old heart fur sayin tha truh!

I was humongously disippointed w/ the start aginst tennesee yestaday man.
We have an ok team, but jeez wi need a new coach.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #57
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

turkey--

ehh buddy...could you be a sport and find a new sig line pic. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #58
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like little Stevie has had a change of heart:

Steve Kerr's High 5, Low 5

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:52 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

2nd place in the west, eh?

Not bad.

Now if I could stand looking at Turkey's signature
Old 11-09-2004, 06:02 PM   #60
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think I just threw up every meal i've eaten today. Why in the hell would you have a sig like that. lol

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #61
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/sports/cgi_kerr

please use that page and hammer him with email referencing that old article..what a moron
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #62
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

bump for Dirk 2003
Old 01-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #63
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to get off topic a bit....but both Kerr and Stein had the Sonics ranked dead last during the preseason....citing of course a lack of defense, post presence, and no major off-season moves (besides the Potato of course). They may be ultimately be a house of cards, but nobody saw them leading their division at the half-way mark.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #64
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

BUMP! What a fool!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #65
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

LOLL
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #66
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Nice call, Steve. Hope you bet some money on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If I remember right, Sefko had us missing the playoffs too.

Btw, our magic number to make the playoffs now is 1. Our next win OR Minnesota's next loss guarantees us a playoff berth.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:33 AM   #67
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Where has LRB gone off to?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #68
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Where has LRB gone off to?
I've been thinking of that recently too.
His profile suggests, he last visited the site on December 18, 2004.
That's too long a break! I hope & pray he's doing alright.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote