Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #42
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

J. Kidd: 27 Minutes, 0 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers, -16
J. Terry: 25 minutes, 4 points, 1 assist, 1 turnover, -14

R. Beaubois: 24 minutes, 18 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers, +4
J. Barea: 17 minutes, 12 points, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, -1
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #43
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
J. Kidd: 27 Minutes, 0 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers, -16
J. Terry: 25 minutes, 4 points, 1 assist, 1 turnover, -14

R. Beaubois: 24 minutes, 18 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers, +4
J. Barea: 17 minutes, 12 points, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, -1
Take away the garbage time, Roddy's number will look much less attractive.

I think Barea was the best of the four.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #44
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post

Roddy's will look a little less attractive but they'll still look FAR more attractive than Kidd or Terry's.

I agree, Barea was the best guard tonight. Roddy was a clear second best though.

He played well outside of garbage time. And remember even in garbage time the Blazers continued to play a lot of their starters after Dallas cleared the bench. And Roddy did well then too.

Roddy's been awful lately, let's give him a little credit for doing alright against a good team. Maybe it's a step in the right direction... or maybe he'll go right back to being terrible next game.

But not sure what else there is to hope for as a Mavs fan right now. Even Dirk has given up. Don't think I've ever seen give up in Dirk's eyes like this before.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #45
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
The Lakers went 4-7 entering the playoffs last year. It looks like we are trying to follow their example...
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #46
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

good game by roddy.go mavs!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post

Yep, Roddy was 2-8 for 9 points before scoring four baskets in garbage time. Anyone saying Roddy had a good game is mis-remembering.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Roddy's will look a little less attractive but they'll still look FAR more attractive than Kidd or Terry's.

I agree, Barea was the best guard tonight. Roddy was a clear second best though.

He played well outside of garbage time. And remember even in garbage time the Blazers continued to play a lot of their starters after Dallas cleared the bench. And Roddy did well then too.

Roddy's been awful lately, let's give him a little credit for doing alright against a good team. Maybe it's a step in the right direction... or maybe he'll go right back to being terrible next game.

But not sure what else there is to hope for as a Mavs fan right now. Even Dirk has given up. Don't think I've ever seen give up in Dirk's eyes like this before.
Roddy did not play well tonight before garbage time. I didn't see anything about his performance tonight that made me feel better moving forward.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yep, Roddy was 2-8 for 9 points before scoring four baskets in garbage time. Anyone saying Roddy had a good game is mis-remembering.
Not good, just alright, better than he has played lately, and better than Terry and Kidd.

And again, the Blazers were still playing a lot of their starters during garbage time.

Last edited by JHT; 04-03-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #50
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm not making too much out of this game...in the last game Haywood and Peja didn't play and now Chandler didn't play tonight, the Blazers haven't beat the Mavs at full strength and people seem to forget the Mavs beat the Blazers without Dirk and Caron earlier this season.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Road trip from hell is over. Time to regroup and recharge. Ridiculous to have six games om the road and 3 b2b. 6 games in 9 nights and 4 in 5. Brutal..they look pretty tired,
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-04-2011 at 12:28 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #52
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Individual ON/OFF without Garbage Time that started with 4:20 left in the 4th:

I think noone deserves an Oscar for todays performance, but on a low standard he was a bright spot. Because Cardinal only played in the 4th Barea and Roddy were your two best players today. Team once again played its best defense with him on the floor and on a night where they collectively collapsed on that end, this is a very strong statement in my eyes. Barea carried the offense in return

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-04-2011 at 12:25 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #53
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Glad I didn't watch two last games, no more grey hairs.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #54
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Road trip from hell is over. Time to regroup and recharge. Ridiculous to have six games om the road and 3 b2b. 6 games in 9 nights and 4 in 5. Brutal..they look pretty tired,
Hey that excuse sounds familiar....

Jason Terry? Is that you?

http://twitter.com/#!/EKS_MavsNBA/st...69332206567425
Old 04-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #55
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Just arrived back in downtown Seattle from Portland. A few thoughts:

1) I was 9 rows up on the baseline, and very, very close to the action. I could hear everything the players were (and weren't) saying when they were on our end of the court. I am blown away--blown away--with how little our team talks to each other, especially on defense. They'll call screens sometimes, but that's pretty much all I heard the entire time.

2) I am incredibly disappointed with Terry. He is missing way, way too many wide open shots. That is scary because there is really nothing you can do about that whatsoever, other than just hope he starts making them. But I said this in the GSW thread and I'll say it again: if he can't hit open shots, Rick needs to cut his minutes. Like, 20-ish or below per game. Unfortunately, we are so weak at guard I don't even know if he can do that.

I will give Terry credit for one thing tonight: he obviously knew he was cold and didn't jack up 10+ shots trying to prove he could make one, which is what he very often does. His body language was very obvious most of the night and toward the end he absolutely did not want to shoot the ball unless he was wide open.

Still, if he doesn't make his shots, he shouldn't play very much.

3) Also disappointed with Kidd. He was probably even worse than Terry. I feel like at least he offers something other than scoring, but then you look at the box score: 4 dimes, 2 TO's. He did have 3 steals, but's not enough to justify 0-6 shooting.

4) Even though we all know it already, you really, really appreciate how overmatched our backcourt is defensively when you see it at basically court level. Barea, Terry, and Roddy matched up against Wallace, Roy, Miller, and Matthews throughout various points of the game, and every single time it looked like a JV player guarding a varsity player in terms of physical stature. The only guy who doesn't look completely out of his league is Kidd, and of course he's old and slow.

5) Barea is our best offensive guard (at least assuming Terry isn't lighting it up from outside). It's not close. His game is (and always will be) flawed because he's just too small, but the gap right now is pretty big between him and whoever is next best.

6) Almost every single problem this team has on the defensive end of the floor is because the backcourt cannot guard anyone. It's the reason for most of the offensive rebounds, it's the reason for guys like Dirk being out of position and taking cheap fouls when they come over to help (not that Dirk is some elite defender himself), it's the reason for just about everything. The entire team defense consistently gets out of position because the guy on the ball can't stay in front of his man.

7) Who was that dashingly handsome gentleman decked in Mavs colors who they showed on the Dallas broadcast during the second quarter? (Thanks, BG.)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-04-2011 at 03:49 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice longhorn...The lack of communication with wood is probably one of the big reasons he got benched. when ty is in there they seem much better.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #57
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Should we meet in the playoffs.....

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...articleid=1623

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 04-04-2011 at 08:37 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Individual ON/OFF without Garbage Time that started with 4:20 left in the 4th:

I think noone deserves an Oscar for todays performance, but on a low standard he was a bright spot. Because Cardinal only played in the 4th Barea and Roddy were your two best players today. Team once again played its best defense with him on the floor and on a night where they collectively collapsed on that end, this is a very strong statement in my eyes. Barea carried the offense in return
I think you're putting way, way too much emphasis on the on/off numbers of one game. I'm a big believer in advanced metrics, but they have to be combined with personal observation, and On/Off numbers have so much noise that they have to be taken in large samples.

Marion was the best player in a Mav uniform last night by a mile, and I'd give him much more credit fo the defensive affect you're seeing with Roddy, as they played almost identical flows. I'll have to go back and look at other game flows to see if this remains true, but by my recollection Roddy plays almost exclusively with Marion on the floor, so this has to be factored in when crediting Roddy for Defensive On/Off numbers.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #59
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Nice stuff Longhorn!!

I think we should start going a bit more traditional in the backcourt and start Deshawn. Roddy/Terry should split the role of 6th man, dependent on who's hotter game to game, this will push each other to be better, because right now, you're giving both guy's their run and if they're just going through the motions, which vets tend to do this late in the year, to save themselves for the postseason, you need to limit their minutes.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #60
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you're putting way, way too much emphasis on the on/off numbers of one game. I'm a big believer in advanced metrics, but they have to be combined with personal observation, and On/Off numbers have so much noise that they have to be taken in large samples.

Marion was the best player in a Mav uniform last night by a mile, and I'd give him much more credit fo the defensive affect you're seeing with Roddy, as they played almost identical flows. I'll have to go back and look at other game flows to see if this remains true, but by my recollection Roddy plays almost exclusively with Marion on the floor, so this has to be factored in when crediting Roddy for Defensive On/Off numbers.
Interesting point I really didn't take into consideration. Worth a closer look. Maybe I am able to do that tonight.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #61
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is for absolute certain: A NBA Championship has never ever been won in the regular season.

i'm nowhere near implying we have a chance, but I'm also not driving myself insane over this road trip and horrendous record against above .500 teams. To me the ship sprang a leak when Butler went down.. I never once thought to myself, "hey, they still have a chance".. It just hurts my heart to know that Dirk is taking this the absolute hardest..
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #62
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I think we should start going a bit more traditional in the backcourt and start Deshawn. Roddy/Terry should split the role of 6th man, dependent on who's hotter game to game, this will push each other to be better, because right now, you're giving both guy's their run and if they're just going through the motions, which vets tend to do this late in the year, to save themselves for the postseason, you need to limit their minutes.
i agree.

kidd-deshawn-peja-dirk-TC and JJ-terry or roddy-marion-'wood or mahinmi from the bench.
carlisle,please,don't change the starters every game.please.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #63
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post

1) I was 9 rows up on the baseline, and very, very close to the action. I could hear everything the players were (and weren't) saying when they were on our end of the court. I am blown away--blown away--with how little our team talks to each other, especially on defense. They'll call screens sometimes, but that's pretty much all I heard the entire time.
I think my season tickets at the AAC are pretty similar, and I have to say that it being quiet has way more to do with Chandler not being on the floor than anything else. This season, the players talk A LOT on defense, most of it being started by Chandler. He's literally yelling almost every possession on D. When he's out of the game, the chatter is pretty much non-existant, similar to years before.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #64
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alykhan04 View Post
I think my season tickets at the AAC are pretty similar, and I have to say that it being quiet has way more to do with Chandler not being on the floor than anything else. This season, the players talk A LOT on defense, most of it being started by Chandler. He's literally yelling almost every possession on D. When he's out of the game, the chatter is pretty much non-existant, similar to years before.
I figure that has a lot to do with it, but I'm just reporting how it was last night. And honestly, even though it's understandable that one guy keys the effort, it's pretty inexcusable that everybody stops helping each other out just because that guy is injured.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #65
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
I figure that has a lot to do with it, but I'm just reporting how it was last night. And honestly, even though it's understandable that one guy keys the effort, it's pretty inexcusable that everybody stops helping each other out just because that guy is injured.
Oh yeah, absolutely. That dead silence you heard is exactly how it's been in the past, for at least the past 8 years. You couldn't imagine how shocked I was this year when Chandler would actually communicate on D. It's almost an epidemic, as everyone is more active vocally and physically when Tyson is on the floor. At least that's how it was at the beginning of the year...
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #66
dude1394
Guru

I believe that is just one of (and a pretty big one) reason that wood could not beat out chandler. Even if their numbers were the same his communication gives him a huge edge.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #67
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2) I am incredibly disappointed with Terry. He is missing way, way too many wide open shots. That is scary because there is really nothing you can do about that whatsoever, other than just hope he starts making them. But I said this in the GSW thread and I'll say it again: if he can't hit open shots, Rick needs to cut his minutes. Like, 20-ish or below per game. Unfortunately, we are so weak at guard I don't even know if he can do that.

I will give Terry credit for one thing tonight: he obviously knew he was cold and didn't jack up 10+ shots trying to prove he could make one, which is what he very often does. His body language was very obvious most of the night and toward the end he absolutely did not want to shoot the ball unless he was wide open.

Still, if he doesn't make his shots, he shouldn't play very much.

3) Also disappointed with Kidd. He was probably even worse than Terry. I feel like at least he offers something other than scoring, but then you look at the box score: 4 dimes, 2 TO's. He did have 3 steals, but's not enough to justify 0-6 shooting.

4) Even though we all know it already, you really, really appreciate how overmatched our backcourt is defensively when you see it at basically court level. Barea, Terry, and Roddy matched up against Wallace, Roy, Miller, and Matthews throughout various points of the game, and every single time it looked like a JV player guarding a varsity player in terms of physical stature. The only guy who doesn't look completely out of his league is Kidd, and of course he's old and slow.

5) Barea is our best offensive guard (at least assuming Terry isn't lighting it up from outside). It's not close. His game is (and always will be) flawed because he's just too small, but the gap right now is pretty big between him and whoever is next best.

6) Almost every single problem this team has on the defensive end of the floor is because the backcourt cannot guard anyone. It's the reason for most of the offensive rebounds, it's the reason for guys like Dirk being out of position and taking cheap fouls when they come over to help (not that Dirk is some elite defender himself), it's the reason for just about everything. The entire team defense consistently gets out of position because the guy on the ball can't stay in front of his man.

7) Who was that dashingly handsome gentleman decked in Mavs colors who they showed on the Dallas broadcast during the second quarter? (Thanks, BG.)
+rep. You've definitely been bringing the goods lately. Sorry you had to watch that debacle live.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #68
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:

This has been true for at least 8 years now starting with the demise of Michael Finley. Just amazing that NBA executives can not see what some have been bitching about for this long. And if they do see it, how come they never address it?
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oneanddoneboys