Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-15-2002, 10:06 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

another hint
george foster
pete rose
ron oester
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2002, 10:08 PM   #42
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Damn, I should have gotten that Eric Davis. Talk about a career that started so well and didn't end as planned. That man has one of the quickest swings ever.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 01:37 AM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, forgot to tell you..you're right
Old 04-16-2002, 03:08 AM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

who holds the record for longest complete game victory in world series history?
Old 04-16-2002, 03:11 AM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

a player has hit three home runs in the world series three times... name the players
Old 04-16-2002, 12:50 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

still no answers?
Old 04-16-2002, 05:31 PM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

hmm?..nothing yet?
Old 04-19-2002, 06:49 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

hmm...no one ever got it
Old 04-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

easy one murph...Reggie Jackson and Babe Ruth (who did it twice).

how did I miss this thread?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 08:02 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

you didn't answer the other question though...

who holds the record for longest complete game victory in world series history?

Old 04-19-2002, 08:04 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Who is the only person to ever be thrown out of two World Series games?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:05 PM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

hmm..i don't know..billy martin?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:06 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

I would guess Babe Ruth as well...he pitched something like 13-14 inning in a world series game one year. Otherwise, I don't know.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:07 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

That would have been my guess also, but Martin was only thrown out of one game. More recent....think of your favorite players team.....
Old 04-19-2002, 08:09 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

good guess..
hmm..think my favorite team?...

possibly john rocker..but i wouldn't think it would be him..

i wouldn't think it would be bobby cox...although the manager is usually a pretty good choice
Old 04-19-2002, 08:11 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

It was indeed Bobby Cox, who was thrown out of series games in 1992 and 1996.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #57
Drbio
Banned

Yet another baseball trivia question.....

Who are the only two players to ever win a World Series MVP while playing on aLOSING team?

Old 04-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

ok..here's a question..i can't be specific at all with who else was involved because it would make the question to easy.

there was a game once where a pitcher pitched to one batter and walked him...well, he got into an argument with the umpire and was thrown out of the game

AND

here's the real kicker..the relief pitcher followed the starting pitcher came in to retire the next 27 hitters in order to complete the no-hitter

who started the game?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:22 PM   #59
Drbio
Banned

was it a regular season game or a series game?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:25 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

regular season..nothing like this has ever happened or had ever happened.. really kinda freaky...

however, if you kinda think of some of the clues i gave you...well, just what i told you alone gives away a couple things..doesn't really narrow it down much..just kinda narrows out the past 20-30 years..
Old 04-19-2002, 08:27 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

Mike Scott?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:35 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

it narrows out the past 20-30 years dock...
you give up?

hell, i don't even remember when this was...what year...i know the player.. but i can't even remember the relief pitchers name....

but, i do know who started the game
Old 04-19-2002, 08:46 PM   #63
Drbio
Banned

I don't have any idea.

Got an answer to mine or give up?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:54 PM   #64
Murphy3
Guru

i could look it up..but, i don't want to..go ahead and tell me..

the answer to mine is..
babe ruth
Old 04-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #65
Drbio
Banned

Babe Ruth...should have known...

Bobby Richardson and Luis Tiant each won their respective Most Valuable Player Award while playing on the losing team!