Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Dunno, Zogby declined a request to poll them.
So what point are they trying to make?

(damn conservative media!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-20-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: I might be kidding (kinda)
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #42
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So what point are they trying to make?

(damn conservative media!)

Haha, well setting aside the obvious partisan nature of the poll, I think the results would be rather representative of the nation as a whole. I think the ultimate goal was not to criticize the choice, but to criticize the media for failing to educate the voters. (At least that was my impression.) People came away from 10-months of intense election coverage knowing absolute trivialities.

Now the more serious question is... did the media cause this or did they just sell the people what the people wanted?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 11-20-2008 at 05:31 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Haha, well setting aside the obvious partisan nature of the poll, I think the results would be rather representative of the nation as a whole.I think the ultimate goal was not to criticize the choice, but to criticize the media for failing to educate the voters. (At least that was my impression.) People came away from 10-months of intense election coverage knowing absolute trivialities.

Now the more serious question is... did the media cause this or did they just sell the people what the people wanted?
I wouldn't doubt that one bit - most Americans aren't very educated (or interested) in politics...

The American people have forgotten that one has to be both educated and interested in politics to be a part of a Democracy that's "for the People, by the People" (and that goes beyond voting & activism - it takes new ideas and behavioral patterns as well...)

As far as the media being the cause for this, you have to ask yourself - does the artist makes the art or does the art makes the artist?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-20-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: lots
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter