Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #41
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all
Default RE:The Official Congrats Spurs on your Championship thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Quote:
I hope the Mavs were watching this series -- to see what it takes to win the championship.
preferably two just in case one doesn't show up **cough** Parker **cough**..... you also need a great daggeresque player **cough** Horry **cough**
I agree that Parker has a lot of room for improvement, but he did a lot for the Spurs in these playoffs. In the Finals, he had a really tough assignment trying to guard Billups. He gives up a lot of height and strentgh to Chauncy, but I still thought he did as good a job as he could do defending him. He did a much much better job of containing him than the Lakers did. I also cut him some slack because of his age. At 23, he's got 3-4 years before he's really in his prime.

Parker's biggest weakness if his inconsistent outside shooting. He's relied on his speed and quickness his whole career to get to the basket or get his defender to play off of him so he has space to get his shot off. He's finding that to be more difficult against some of the better defenders in the NBA. I think he can really take his game to a whole new level if he spends the summer shooting 1500 jump shots a day, and works on getting a quicker release. He must become consistent, and deadly from 12-17 feet. With his speed, he can ge that shot anytime he wants. If he can hit it consistently (ala Bibby) he could be one of the best in the game.