Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #41
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

Mavs come out inflicting defensive terror and the Crowd gets ROUDY AND LOUD. forcing turnovers and running the floor, we charge to a 15 point lead that never gets below 6 the rest of the way.

Baron will cool off with no Jessica Albas to impress. Matt Barnes starts to cry after discovering he's not a good long-range shooter anymore.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #42
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I believe!!
where is this ufo pic
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #43
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
I believe!!
where is this ufo pic
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #44
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

There's the pic, thanks but the text is wrong. I don't want to believe, I really BELIEVE!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #45
mav_love

"Mulder, what's happening here... right in front of me -- it can't be real. tell me it's not real, Mulder..."
"But it's really happening, Scully. Science doesn't explain it, society is made not to understand what we and everyone else have seen. But it's real -- the Mavs are coming back. "

Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #46
dizzledazzle
Banned

dizzledazzle is infamous around these parts

After game 4 all I see on this board is despair. All the bandwagon fans getting writing off the Mav's post season and all the real fans flaming the bandwagon fans for being fickle but not showing any faith in their Mavs themselves. Now all of a sudden it is Mavs by 30 in game 5? I don't understand where this sudden confidence has come from when all of you have been so discouraged. Desperation is a stinky cologne, cowboy.
dizzledazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #47
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

My heart was ripped out last season for believing at the end... but I still do believe, I have faith in these guys... Dirk will stop being Bruce Banner and let the hulk come through the rest of this series... Dirk smash puny weaklings!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #48
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Last year, I would have bet my entire life savings on the Mavs in game 6 of the NBA Finals after their meltdowns in Miami. Obviously, I would have lost. This year, I feel the same way about game 5 against the Warriors. Call it overconfidence. Call it cockyness. I'm sorry, but what can I say? I was born and raised a Texan baby! Go Mavs

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #49
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT... KICK WARRIOR BUTT....KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...KICK WARRIOR BUTT...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #50
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

well - a lot of them were just really down. I've done that for 15 years with different teams in different sports - now i dont live or die with it any more. Doesnt mean i dont care - i still feel like crap when the mavs lose - i just try to stay positive as long as possible.
anyways
GO MAVS!
I think its all a plot to be down so they can come back and the media finally stops talking about last years finals :-P
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #51
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

This is the first time I'm posting in a GDT for this series. Hopefully this will bring up some good mojo.

Just take this bitch one game at a time. Mavs win tonight.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #52
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
This is the first time I'm posting in a GDT for this series. Hopefully this will bring up some good mojo.

Just take this bitch one game at a time. Mavs win tonight.
+1.

Here's to keeping the freecat.jpg shelved for one more game.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #53
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

where's a vbookie thing when you need it???? i've got 4k vcash just burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

balls out baby -- all you doubters get ready to hop back on board.....i'll bet my house, my dog, my wife on the mavs tonight...you name it. Mavs bball baby!!!

....ok, maybe not my dog...I really like that little mutt.

but still, GO MAVS!!!!

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-01-2007 at 01:37 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #54
TXS

TXS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos

....ok, maybe not my dog...I really like that little mutt.

but still, GO MAVS!!!!
Where's your loyalty? Come on bet the dog, its a sure bet!!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #55
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #56
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna see the Mavs play their best perimeter defense of the year. I wanna see Mavs diving for loose balls, rebounding like their lives depend on it, and driving to the basket like a kamikazes.

Outstanding effort = Game 5 win!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #57
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Ya know, kg veteran has another thread on this board called "Perspective."

Well, here's my perspective as a Mav fan from Day One and as someone who was in mourning all summer after the Finals:

The Mavs may not have envisioned it happening in the first round, but tonight is their night to make up for last year's collapse. Tonight's Game 5 is so similar to Game 6 of the Finals--coming back off of a horrible road trip, falling behind against a team the Mavs (and all the rest of us) considered clearly inferior, confidence shaken, previously at the top of the NBA world, now looking up from the gutter.

Yes, we all thought the real challenges to the Mavs long climb back to the pinnacle would come later--another matchup with Houston or San Antonio or Phoenix. But here we are, backs against the wall, the Golden State Warriors threatening to take everything away that these guys have worked so damn hard to accomplish. The regular season was all about leaving nothing to chance in the postseason--grab that #1 seed throughout the playoffs and ride it to the promised land.

Well here we are, the Mavs stumbling badly 4 games into the postseason, just like they stumbled badly 4 games into the regular season. How bad do the Mavs want this? Was all that sweat and toil in the regular season just to hoist a "Southwest Division" banner and maybe haul off an MVP trophy? Hell no! We all know what it was all about, and tonight the Mavs will remind us all, the true Maverick fans, in good times and bad, why we love this team so much.

MAVS WIN. MAVS WIN. MAVS WIN.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #58
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

HOOHAH!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #59
JMSteele

JMSteele is on a distinguished road

Calling out Dirk is a great move by the Little General. Hope it lights a fire under his Hasselhoff-loving rump.

The Mavs are gonna blow 'em out tonight. Then with resurgent confidence they're gonna take the next two.

Coach Paul Westphal famously predicted that the 92-93 Suns, down 2-0 and on the verge-of-being-eliminated, would win three in a row against the Lakers in the first round.
When all is said and done the Mavericks will win three in a row and, as Westphal said, "Then everyone will say what a great series it was."

Go Mavs!
JMSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #60
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

someone already said this and i think its true... its either gonna be Golden State in 6 or the MAVS in 7

I think if we can come out and just beat the piss out of them, we will win the series. Golden State will NOT win again on our home floor. Now its just a matter of getting to game 7. It starts tonight with a Dallas win!! GO MAVS!!!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #61
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol Jim Rome and crew just went off about how it's lame that Dirk is getting the MVP because it's a regular season award and he's tarnishing it now..

WHAT ABOUT STEVE FREAKIN NASH?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #62
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

All I have left is faith.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #63
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I have to predict Dallas to lose or else we will. fact.

but man, if Dirk guides this team to a series win...he is the manliest man in the history of manness.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #64
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzledazzle
Desperation is a stinky cologne, cowboy.
Hey, wasn't that from Brokeback Mountain?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ok here it is straight up:

Devin Harris and Diop must stay out of foul trouble.
Jerry Stackhouse must takes less than 12 shots.
Jason Terry must go at least 33% from 3 point land
and Josh Howard must have a strong strong 1st quarter.
Mavs must defend the paint

These things, they must do.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #66
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Ok here it is straight up:

Devin Harris and Diop must stay out of foul trouble.
Jerry Stackhouse must takes less than 12 shots.
Jason Terry must go at least 33% from 3 point land
and Josh Howard must have a strong strong 1st quarter.
Mavs must defend the paint

These things, they must do.
I noticed that Dirk has no responsibilities tonight. That might be a good thing.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #67
pkdumas
Golden Member

ESPN (both on TV and online) is really kicking Dirk in the nuts today.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #68
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

hey, the mavs are in the same position the stars were in..only the stars lost. two dallas teams cant go out the same exact way can they? irony?

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-01-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #69
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
I noticed that Dirk has no responsibilities tonight. That might be a good thing.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #70
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hey, wasn't that from Brokeback Mountain?
Ya'll would know quotes from brokeback mountain. Jotos!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #71
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ESPN (both on TV and online) is really kicking Dirk in the nuts today.
Yeah i know, thats why i've been trying to stay away from ESPN ever since Sunday.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #72
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Yeah i know, thats why i've been trying to stay away from ESPN ever since Sunday.
ya know I've noticed that too...ESPN loves for the mavs to lose. I've never seen dallas get more attention than in this series.. </end paranoia>

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-01-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #73
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Does anyone know what time the game is going to start?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #74
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

830 central
Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #75
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
ya know I've noticed that too...ESPN loves for the mavs to lose. I've never seen dallas get more attention than in this series.. </end paranoia>
fyi....everybody and their dog over at ESPN is saying they think the Mavs have a real chance to make a comeback.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #76
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
fyi....everybody and their dog over at ESPN is saying they think the Mavs have a real chance to make a comeback.
Yeah, but as a follow up, everyone and their dog said they didn't think they WOULD do it. They simply said they COULD do it.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #77
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Dallas just needs Fedor. Fedor via armbar, R1
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #78
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, but as a follow up, everyone and their dog said they didn't think they WOULD do it. They simply said they COULD do it.
yep, thats the world of sports writing...never discount any comeback, but dont give any credit to it either. that way no matter what happens they are right.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #79
pkdumas
Golden Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED
Dallas just needs Fedor. Fedor via armbar, R1
Please remove the photo of the guy with the belts. Especially if it is you.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #80
mavsangel

mavsangel is a jewel in the roughmavsangel is a jewel in the roughmavsangel is a jewel in the rough

Mavs win, no doubt.

But honestly, caring about professional sports is not for the faint of heart.
So for all of you with weak hearts my advice is to stay home and knit.
mavsangel is offline   Reply With Quote