Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #41
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Guys, no matter where you are, I want you to join me now: Cheers on a big win of the Mavs!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-16-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #42
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kidd was 6-10 from beyond the arc - a personal playoff record.
I don't even know how Jason was getting down the floor - I mean...he definitely has to have the biggest gonads of all time - those things got to be weighing him down.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 04-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #43
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Hard to be disappointed when we won...
thats right!!!!!!!!!!! not really going to get mad about mins with a win
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #44
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #45
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Jamal View Post
I just don't see how Brewer has earned the right to play in a game this important. I understand where you're coming from, but to me, he hasn't earned it. He hasn't played 3 important NBA minutes in his life. There is a reason he's been traded so many times.
The only reason you put him in there is for defense, and I think they were doing fine on D at those positions. It wasn't like anyone at the 2/3 position was killing them to the point where they needed to bring in a stopper.
the jjb and jet backcourt was atrocious, and peja outside of those 2 threes, one was luck, wasn't that good either. seems like he would do well against this blazers team
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #46
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Bane, at this point you should KNOW he's going to do it again. He always does this, and people always defend him. Tonight was a perfect example of why I'm frustrated with some of his substitutions/rotations. Hey, at least we got the win though.
Because Kidd and Dirk stepped up. Otherwise, we would have lost. RC sucked big time IMO.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #47
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs defense was the unsung hero in the 4th after Carlisle put Marion back in at just under 6 min to play. The Blazers only scored 6 points the rest of the way, until Batum hit the desperation 3 when the game was effectively over.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #48
janbronx

janbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nice

Portland got what they wish for..
janbronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs certainly need more size. The blazers abused our lack of height.

Marion has to play as much as possible over peja (who was terrible defensively)
Stevenson and brewer must get time for their size and hustle
Jjb and Terry will have better games but can't play alongside kidd for extended periods.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So how many of those minutes jkiddo was not on the floor allowed him to make his shots? Jib has to be better, but he also has to play because jet cannot play point and we know roddy cannot either.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #51
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Barea on the post-game just now: "we have to stop the ah-lee oops"
Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #52
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
Barea on the post-game just now: "we have to stop the ah-lee oops"
He could also stop the pointless dribbling. BTW, what's he going to do about an alley-oop?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #53
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Mavs defense was the unsung hero in the 4th after Carlisle put Marion back in at just under 6 min to play. The Blazers only scored 6 points the rest of the way, until Batum hit the desperation 3 when the game was effectively over.
Mavs defense was the unsung hero all night, with the exception of when we rolled with the JJB-JET-Peja lineup in the late 3rd, early 4th. Otherwise we completely smothered them.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I love about this game? It flies in the face of several stereotypes that somehow still get brought up at various times.

Dirk isn't tough? Dirk only shoots jumpers? Huh. Well I certainly thought I saw a superstar getting beat to death for three quarter that stayed within himself and kept attacking. And it payed off in the fourth quarter. How many FT's in the fourth quarter? A billion? Living in the lane, forcing the refs to make a call.

Jason Kidd was freaking awesome. As I said on Twitter, it wasn't just the threes. Kidd was as agressive offensively as I've ever seen him in Dallas. He was pushing the issue, he was dribble-driving. He was just awesome. That step back 15 footer he made halfway through the fourth to end the 11 minutes drought was HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Next on my recap list is the combo of Chandler and Marion. These two guys didn't have great offensive nights and didn't fill up the box score, but they, along with Kidd anchored the un-sung portion of this win, which was the defense. The Mavs held Portland well below their offensive efficiency levels, and I look at Marion and Chandler as huge keys. Their ability to switch so seamlessly is HUGE for this team. Chandler got isolated against wing players several times during the second half and held his own every time. And Marion just ate Gerald Wallace up defensively and defended well any time he got matched up against Aldrige.

Haywood should also get a mention when talking about the defense. He did a great job against Aldridge as well.

Jet...yeesh. He was aggressive and didn't just settle for the first shot, I'll give him that. But he wasn't good tonight and this team is going to need a lot more out of Jet when Kidd doesn't play like this.

Stevenson was solid, nothing special. I thought the team looked really smooth during the first quarter when he was on the court, and looked a little rough in the third. He is what he is, and he filled his role tonight.

I felt like the offense looked good when Peja was on the floor, but he didn't shoot it very well. We'll see more from him in this series.

JJ...yikes. Not a good offensive night at all, and he just doesn't have a prayer of defending anyone on the Portland roster. I was disappointed to see Rick turn to JJ at SG when Jet picked up two early fouls. That felt like a perfect time to get Brewer a couple minutes. And Rick rolling with the three guard lineup in the second half just about sent me into a conniption fit. We were struggling offensively and Rick was looking for a spark, but holy hell, but Brewer in if you're looking for a spark, or just double down on defense and hope to weather the storm. You just can't play that lineup against this team.

BTW, McMillan is pretty blatantly calling out the officiating right now in his press conference. Complaining about the free throw disparity in the fourth quarter and claiming that similar contact against them was going uncalled. Pretty ballsy to complain about that after what Dirk was put through in the first three quarters.

Heck of a win, heck of a game. I love playoff basketball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #55
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, this playoff win feels so good. I think all the BS I've heard in the past few days (Years, tbh) just makes this win so much sweeter.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #56
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So how many of those minutes jkiddo was not on the floor allowed him to make his shots? Jib has to be better, but he also has to play because jet cannot play point and we know roddy cannot either.
JET was fine defensively tonight (amazed that I'm saying that). Barea wasn't, and his offense wasn't much better. But you're right -- he has to play when Kidd needs a breather. Rick is dead to me for playing all 3 at once. He thankfully woke up in time to salvage the win by reinserting Marion.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #57
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Mavs defense was the unsung hero all night, with the exception of when we rolled with the JJB-JET-Peja lineup in the late 3rd, early 4th. Otherwise we completely smothered them.
Agreed, bro. If we can avoid the JJB/JET backcourt altogether, we'd be much better off. When you add Peja to it, that's death.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #58
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You know what I love about this game? It flies in the face of several stereotypes that somehow still get brought up at various times.

Dirk isn't tough? Dirk only shoots jumpers? Huh. Well I certainly thought I saw a superstar getting beat to death for three quarter that stayed within himself and kept attacking. And it payed off in the fourth quarter. How many FT's in the fourth quarter? A billion? Living in the lane, forcing the refs to make a call.

Jason Kidd was freaking awesome. As I said on Twitter, it wasn't just the threes. Kidd was as agressive offensively as I've ever seen him in Dallas. He was pushing the issue, he was dribble-driving. He was just awesome. That step back 15 footer he made halfway through the fourth to end the 11 minutes drought was HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Next on my recap list is the combo of Chandler and Marion. These two guys didn't have great offensive nights and didn't fill up the box score, but they, along with Kidd anchored the un-sung portion of this win, which was the defense. The Mavs held Portland well below their offensive efficiency levels, and I look at Marion and Chandler as huge keys. Their ability to switch so seamlessly is HUGE for this team. Chandler got isolated against wing players several times during the second half and held his own every time. And Marion just ate Gerald Wallace up defensively and defended well any time he got matched up against Aldrige.

Haywood should also get a mention when talking about the defense. He did a great job against Aldridge as well.

Jet...yeesh. He was aggressive and didn't just settle for the first shot, I'll give him that. But he wasn't good tonight and this team is going to need a lot more out of Jet when Kidd doesn't play like this.

Stevenson was solid, nothing special. I thought the team looked really smooth during the first quarter when he was on the court, and looked a little rough in the third. He is what he is, and he filled his role tonight.

I felt like the offense looked good when Peja was on the floor, but he didn't shoot it very well. We'll see more from him in this series.

JJ...yikes. Not a good offensive night at all, and he just doesn't have a prayer of defending anyone on the Portland roster. I was disappointed to see Rick turn to JJ at SG when Jet picked up two early fouls. That felt like a perfect time to get Brewer a couple minutes. And Rick rolling with the three guard lineup in the second half just about sent me into a conniption fit. We were struggling offensively and Rick was looking for a spark, but holy hell, but Brewer in if you're looking for a spark, or just double down on defense and hope to weather the storm. You just can't play that lineup against this team.

BTW, McMillan is pretty blatantly calling out the officiating right now in his press conference. Complaining about the free throw disparity in the fourth quarter and claiming that similar contact against them was going uncalled. Pretty ballsy to complain about that after what Dirk was put through in the first three quarters.

Great post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #59
ajk822

ajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Was Roddy out or was it a DNP-Coaches decision?
ajk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #60
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I still cant get over how the refs let the Blazers prison rape Dirk for the entire first three quarter. A superstar, at home, on a day where superstars got every single crappy call in a dozen. Not even non-calls, they called several offensive fouls.

I have also no idea how they could call that foul on Marion at the end. If the Blazers make it and score the next possession, it was a huge call.

I cant enjoy the win, im so pissed.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #61
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
He could also stop the pointless dribbling. BTW, what's he going to do about an alley-oop?

Last edited by WraithXx; 04-16-2011 at 11:45 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Anyone know where I can watch the post-game interviews? I missed the entire game up until the last 22 seconds due to work, I will miss most if not all of the Mav's games this post-season. I'm ok with that, we seem to do better when I'm not watching.
NBA TV if you have it. If not they should got up on NBA.com at some point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #63
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What are your thoughts on Carlislie's coaching tonight?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #64
Tyrone Jamal

Tyrone Jamal is infamous around these partsTyrone Jamal is infamous around these partsTyrone Jamal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
the jjb and jet backcourt was atrocious, and peja outside of those 2 threes, one was luck, wasn't that good either. seems like he would do well against this blazers team
maybe defensively, but do you think he has the gonads to pull it off the other end? where they need it?
I mean, all 3 of those guys have big time playoff experience and i guess that's where RC is coming from. JJB is annoying, but he's the only backup for Kidd, who's 60. Jet will drive you crazy, but they need that potential scoring punch off the bench. So that leaves Peja, and i guess i could see why you'd want Brewer in over him. RC probably doesn't want to be doing experiments at this time of year. Brewer probably doesn't even know the offense very well after this short of time with the team. So, unless you're massively talented, i can see why they wouldn't want to play him at this time of season. It's not like he's done great things in his time in the NBA. Every team he's been with has seen him as expendable. And there's probably a reason.

Last edited by Tyrone Jamal; 04-16-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Tyrone Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #65
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I still cant get over how the refs let the Blazers prison rape Dirk for the entire first three quarter. A superstar, at home, on a day where superstars got every single crappy call in a dozen. Not even non-calls, they called several offensive fouls.

I have also no idea how they could call that foul on Marion at the end. If the Blazers make it and score the next possession, it was a huge call.

I cant enjoy the win, im so pissed.
My friends were screaming that the game was fixed when they called that foul on Marion and they're not even Mavs fans. The replay showed that Marion did absolutely nothing. The Mavs beat the refs tonight.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #66
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I cannot believe McMillan is complaining about the refs like this. Wow. Just wow.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #67
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Rick Carlisle fielding a question from Cleveland (Family Guy) on channel 21 just now...
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #68
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
He's just frustrated. He knows that Chuck has spoken, and there ain't a damn thing he can do about it.

BTW, yeah. That is pretty ballsy, but not unheard of. It's always a foul when it's your guy with the ball.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #69
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My friends were screaming that the game was fixed when they called that foul on Marion and they're not even Mavs fans. The replay showed that Marion did absolutely nothing. The Mavs beat the refs tonight.
Seriously! That was the craziest call I've seen in awhile.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #70
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Code:

OffEff: 109.18
DefEff: 99.37
+
Kidd Scored 24
We kept pace in TO, ORB (Portland normally the better team there)
FTA ... huge disparity

-
Assists
Points in the Paint (46-18)

We can't rely on Dirk (well ... and Kidd) that heavily down the stretch. What made us successful in the regular season was ball movement. That completely stopped tonight and we were just feeding Dirk who additionally had some problems in the first half with turnovers.
With our Paint stats you normally lose games. We made up for that at the line, but either Dirk has to play the whole game like todays fourth quarter or we have to get Marion and TC involved offensively. I thought we never got into our "flow" offense tonight.
Barea could be a problem in this series. His offensive game looked pretty decent tonight at times, but Portland will just abuse him on the defensive end. Of course we can do better, but winning this game with the media creating a monster called Portland was big enough.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #71
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

Code:

OffEff: 109.18
DefEff: 99.37
+
Kidd Scored 24
We kept pace in TO, ORB (Portland normally the better team there)
FTA ... huge disparity

-
Assists
Points in the Paint (46-18)

We can't rely on Dirk (well ... and Kidd) that heavily down the stretch. What made us successful in the regular season was ball movement. That completely stopped tonight and we were just feeding Dirk who additionally had some problems in the first half with turnovers.
With our Paint stats you normally lose games. We made up for that at the line, but either Dirk has to play the whole game like todays fourth quarter or we have to get Marion and TC involved offensively. I thought we never got into our "flow" offense tonight.
Barea could be a problem in this series. His offensive game looked pretty decent tonight at times, but Portland will just abuse him on the defensive end. Of course we can do better, but winning this game with the media creating a monster called Portland was big enough.
f*** outta here with that s***....
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #72
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

I liked what Haywood gave us tonight. 4 offensive rebounds and 6 total in 16 minutes and I think he did a better job against Aldridge than Tyson did. I'm glad Kidd only played 34 minutes and we still got the win, but I think this is one of those games where he should have been out there 40+ the way he was playing and Barea was sucking.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #73
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He could get on all fours and help Terry jump by stepping on his back.....?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
What are your thoughts on Carlislie's coaching tonight?
Did you read the post you quoted?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #75
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's just frustrated. He knows that Chuck has spoken, and there ain't a damn thing he can do about it.

BTW, yeah. That is pretty ballsy, but not unheard of. It's always a foul when it's your guy with the ball.
I never see RC complain about the refs like that.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #76
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:

This. Dirk got mugged all over again and again during the first 3 quarters without any call and you complain??? STFU!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #77
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
He could get on all fours and help Terry jump by stepping on his back.....?
LOL. Okay, you got me.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #78
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Because he is with the Mavs, the NBA would fine his ass
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #79
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Agreed, bro. If we can avoid the JJB/JET backcourt altogether, we'd be much better off. When you add Peja to it, that's death.
It was almost the death of me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching those three playing the backcourt together.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #80
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Did you read the post you quoted?
I did.

Tags
1-0, calm down...we won, calm down? calm down?, remember last year?, return of the quack!, this year isn't last year