Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No, you misread.

Lost will air 6 new episodes, then take a 13 week break while a series starring Taye Diggs runs in its place.

Then, Lost will come back during sweeps in February and supposedly run without interruption until the end of the season.
that is gayer than two men doing each other....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The only "spoilerish" thing I heard about the upcoming season is that: (highlight to reveal)

This season is mostly about relationships, less about Island mystery
I'm not liking that...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #43
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
that is gayer than two men doing each other....
ummm are you sure?

can't wait for wednesday night!

btw- i'm back.

Last edited by XERXES; 10-02-2006 at 11:54 AM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
can't wait for wednesday night!
nice edit...

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2006 at 12:26 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, U2, i saw that, too (regarding your spoiler). we'll see if that does really happen. to me, that would be a big mistake. we've already got some prime-time soap operas.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #46
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
nice edit...
crap! I didn't think anyone caught that!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

tomorrow!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #48
sike
The Preacha

I sure hope the show doesn't take a wrong turn this season....

Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #49
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

5 hours, 41 minutes...
Old 10-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #50
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 10-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #51
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

1 hour, 57 minutes
Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #52
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

huzzahh. looks like they moved house to wednesday..so house and lost on the same night..my brain my have an implosion sometime soon.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #53
XERXES
Diamond Member

Wow. here are my notes;

1. I like Juliette. Her but is a little too big - but her gentle disposition makes me see right past that (barely.)
2. I see her and Jack hooking up in the near future as the writers pursue a Sawyer-Kate romantic storyline (not rocket science since there was a kiss in the preview for next week.)
3. I thought it was cool to see the commune where the others lived.
4. Did we ever find out about Jack's ex and his father's relationship? Was that question ever answered?
5. I wish the premiere had been 2-hours.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

Jack's dad called her drunk trying to "help" his son...that is all we're told (by Sarah)

The others are quite fortunate indeed....I'm sick of how "fortunate" they are...they seem to see and play every angle at all times...dang it!

Even though he only had a few mintues...Sawyer's scenes were great...

did anyone else catch that Henry Gale's actual name is "Ben"?...cuase I did

Last edited by sike; 10-04-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

hey guys...help me out...I missed that last few mintues...catch me up...and what was on the "next time" bit?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #56
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jack's dad called her drunk trying to "help" his son...that is all we're told (by Sarah)

The others are quite fortunate indeed....I'm sick of how "fortunate" they are...they seem to see and play every angle at all times...dang it!

Even though he only had a few mintues...Sawyer's scenes were great...

did anyone else catch that Henry Gale's actual name is "Dan"?...cuase I did
Actually, I think it was Ben.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #57
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
hey guys...help me out...I missed that last few mintues...catch me up...and what was on the "next time" bit?
HOW CAN YOU MISS THE LAST FEW MINUTES??!! I hope it was important. Jack cried to Juliet. Sarah bailed Jack out of jail. Ben told Juliet "good job."
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Actually, I think it was Ben.
uh, thats what I said...a simple glance to my original post..the one that Sexy didn't edit into looking foolish I mean.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #59
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Ben told Juliet "good job."
this was the only part I missed...was this the very end? and what is happening next week?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #60
XERXES
Diamond Member

next week showed lots of stuff. action sequences with sayid,jin, and sun. it showed what looked like an escape attempt...it showed sawyer and kate french kissing...that's all i can currently remember.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

just wanted to point out that the big boom at the beginning ...that seemed like an earthquake had to be what brought the plane down...or at least is some way related...they feel the earth shake and hear a huge sound...THEN go out side to see a plane breaking up...

Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #62
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
just wanted to point out that the big boom at the beginning ...that seemed like an earthquake had to be what brought the plane down...or at least is some way related...they feel the earth shake and hear a huge sound...THEN go out side to see a plane breaking up...
Or maybe it was the reactor thing going off...which was the reason for the crash.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #63
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So I can't wait to find out why the heck the members of the commune don't (or can't) go to the hatch where the magnetic thing was (or is).
Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Or maybe it was the reactor thing going off...which was the reason for the crash.
duh

Old 10-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #65
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I also think sike thought the Fenry's real name was Dan and not Ben.... and that he's trying to paint Xerxes (who is only trying to help out a lost alien, pun intended) as someone he's not. see if he ever tries to help you out again. poor guy.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

oh he'll try...he'll try...

that first scene of the show was amazingly cool..great seeing Ben give orders...

Old 10-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #67
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Sure..... act like you really know his name is Ben and not Dan..... act like Xerxes DIDN'T clear it up for you. Man, I thought you guys were friends...... what a friend you are.

Xerxes, you deserve better.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

listen, U2, the point is that I currently know the name to be "Ben"...and yes if our friendship can surrive the whole "Everyone who visits Mexico goes to a donkey show" fiasco he put me through..it can surrive your best break up attempts

Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #69
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Keep on keepin' on acting like Xerxes didn't really give you the real name. Sure man whatever. If you can live with yourself like that.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #70
sike
The Preacha

I can...and am...look...I'm totally fine....

I rate this conversation like a 6.5

but the episode an 8.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #71
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

took it too far? sorry.....

Yeah, the first scene was pretty good. I really liked this episode. It was hella strong (<-----my attempt at being hip for the evening). So I am curious if Jack is underwater or not. I kind of feel like he isn't really. And I'm also curious why Kate and Sawyer are kept in cages now..... for two weeks? that's gonna not be cool for them. Dan said it would be for two weeks but won't that be for like half the season compared to what the last two seasons have been? Or will they now progressively move forward?

I think this is the first time we got bigger answers than questions. Anyone else agree?

edit: now that I think about it they are all 3 in cages. But Jacks' has a more civilized feel to it.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-05-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit I have never watched an entire episode of Lost. Is it really worth it?

Is this the kind of show I need to start putting on my Netflix queue to get caught up on before I can watch on t.v.?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #73
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I have to admit I have never watched an entire episode of Lost. Is it really worth it?

Is this the kind of show I need to start putting on my Netflix queue to get caught up on before I can watch on t.v.?
Oh yeah..... you would be so lost (pun this time unintended) if you tried to start watching it cold. Gordo swears the best way to watch it is a whole season in a weekend......
Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #74
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

hi

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-11-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #75
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

you could also probably get caught up with a torrential storm......

unless you aren't into that kind of thing.....
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #76
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
took it too far? sorry.....
too far, never

Quote:
now that I think about it they are all 3 in cages. But Jacks' has a more civilized feel to it.
they all are playing fiddle for the "others"...I'm sure all three will play right into their hands too....until something happens to change the tide...something that even the "others" cannot predict...

Old 10-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #77
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
Handcuffs being to tight don't make those kind of marks. Anyway, great start to the season. We are really seeing the depth in direction this show is taking. I am hooked. Gotta go buy the DVD's now.
interesting note on the cuffs...I'm not sure either way...you might ask U2 though..he knows all about being in cuffs...or at least that is what doc told me....

yes..go buy the dvds...do it....

Old 10-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you could also probably get caught up with a torrential storm......

unless you aren't into that kind of thing.....

I know exactly what you mean.... and in fact I am into that kind of thing every week for The Office and Studio 60 and others.....

but as Im already paying for the netflix....

also...here lies Flaco's 1000th post.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #79
sike
The Preacha

you rule indeed...a welcomed addition to our little village

edit: lost rules. It is simply the best show on tv. I do like Studio 60 as well...very good thus far.

Last edited by sike; 10-05-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #80
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Keep on keepin' on acting like Xerxes didn't really give you the real name. Sure man whatever. If you can live with yourself like that.
Sike's denial of my alms was sickening. I had his back. When he was bereft of knowledge I was there for him. When his retardation became apparant- I tried to cover for him...oh the agony.

I agree about the opening scene. It was great.

I also thought that when Mr. Friendly told Sawyer "it only took the bears 2 hrs..." he was referring to the polar bears.

And I also wonder why the others don't just go over to the Airplane when it crashes and try to help them- I don't understand why it had to be so adversarial from the getgo (I guess for ratings...)