Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Final point...the five that blistered the Thunder in the fourth? Kidd/Jet/Marion/Dirk/Chandler. That five should close just about every single game. I'm willing to accept some matchup changes in rare instances, but by and large that should be your five.
I'll agree if they are banging those boards like they did in the fourth...They were all over the damn place...

I'm a little concerned because without the 3 going in we don't have enough to giterdone...

But screw that, it was a great win at a tough place in adverse conditions..Makes 'em tough for sure...And the thunder were playing well also, they were hitting their shots and playing with some energy...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #42
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

My MMB recap. (the quote is unedited so slightly different than the current version if you follow the link)

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/11...s-heat-up-late

Quote:
It had been an ugly game. To someone watching the game, without knowing the score, it would have seemed like the Thunder were up by 10 or maybe even 20. But the Mavericks, despite ugly, tired play throughout the game, had hung around.

It was now 81 to 85, just four points away. Dirk steps to the line, knocking down two. 83 to 85.

But then, a three point play by Ibaka. A missed three by Barea, and score by Kevin Durant, and all of a sudden, the easy two point lead had become seven, with momentum against the Mavericks.

That's when Dirk decided to change things. Last night, he had connected on his first corner quite possibly in years. It was not a common sight for him to spot up in the corner. But he did, and Kidd swung the ball to him. Without hesitation, Dirk splashed in the shot. Through and three. Durant misses and shot, and immediately, the ball is worked down the court. This time, Dirk's spotting up on the wing. He buries the shot and Ibaka plows into him immediately afterwards. Four point play.

With that, the Thunder's back was broken. They tried to hang around, but Dirk had ignited Dallas, and there was no stopping them anymore. Terry got the bounce on a three pointer on the very next possession. Kidd, who had thrown up bricks all night, hit a pullup jumper off a pick and roll. A few plays later, he knocked down a three from the top of the key. The dam which had stopped the Mavericks all night had been viciously demolished by Dirk, and the game was over.

Last edited by tcat075; 11-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He feels too "7th Man" for a guy that we hired to be our Robin...
Did anybody ever think that Butler could be Robin? I'm talking even before he got here? I don't think so.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought he played well in the first half, I just didn't see much that made me feel like he was turning any kind of corner. I just felt like he hit shots that he won't always hit. And when he doesn't hit them he's going to destroy the flow of the offense.

I'm so, so down on Caron right now. I feel like the JJB people.
His game is so indecisive...He seems to waste time immediately once he gets it. He doesn't have the handles to curve around screens, it's a face up jab-stepping....something. I just want him to get the ball, make a decision and go with it. Quit thinking it to death.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He feels too "7th Man" for a guy that we hired to be our Robin...
I agree. I really don't know what's going to happen for sure when Roddy comes back but there's been indications, if Roddy fits the bill, that minutes are going to be significantly altered for a couple of players.

If it were me, I'm starting Marion at the SF...I was on the fence about keeping Stevenson in as a starter simply because I'm afraid of him losing minutes but he's got to be the 2-guard off the bench.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #46
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
His game is so indecisive...He seems to waste time immediately once he gets it. He doesn't have the handles to curve around screens, it's a face up jab-stepping....something. I just want him to get the ball, make a decision and go with it. Quit thinking it to death.
That's a great way to put it. He just needs to be decisive. The hesitation is a sign that he lacks confidence. Tonight, I thought he was decisive for the most part, and he helped the team in the first half (which is when he played most of his minutes).
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Did anybody ever think that Butler could be Robin? I'm talking even before he got here? I don't think so.
You didn't think Butler would out-perform Terry?

I certainly did - isn't that what Josh Howard was supposed to do?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well, one thing that Dirk did tonight in the 4th... that I freakin' loved... after Westbrook switched onto him... he didn't just shoot the 15 footer... he dribbld a couple of times, gathered the ball and forced the foul while trying to shoot a 5 footer in the paint.

That is making the defense pay.

That play by Chandler at the end was awesome where he helped Terry (or Kidd) when the guard got past them... he contested the shot... then after Collison got the offensive rebound... Chandler on his spring immediately jumped again and altered the shot of Collison. Just beautiful.

And the key to guarding Durant (IMO) is to stay close to him and not "slap at the ball"... that is how he gets the rip move. He is waiting for the slap. But he doesn't have great court vision, and his hadles at his size are good but not compared to other SFs... so you want to make him put it on the floor and into a tough shot. Marion did that great.
Nice and agreed...I love seeing him power his way through midgets...
Old 11-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah...I think that trade was more about squeezing the last blood out of the turnip than it was about bringing in a Robin.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #50
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I agree. I really don't know what's going to happen for sure when Roddy comes back but there's been indications, if Roddy fits the bill, that minutes are going to be significantly altered for a couple of players.

If it were me, I'm starting Marion at the SF...I was on the fence about keeping Stevenson in as a starter simply because I'm afraid of him losing minutes but he's got to be the 2-guard off the bench.
This is what's going to happen:

Chandler/Haywood 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Butler 24 - Marion 20 - Kidd 4
Beaubois 32 - Terry 16
Kidd 29 - Terry 19
Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
You didn't think Butler would out-perform Terry?

I certainly did - isn't that what Josh Howard was supposed to do?
I never thought Butler was going to do that.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That trade was more about getting rid of Josh Howard than anything.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Chandler/Haywood 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Beaubois 32 - Terry 16
Kidd 29 - Terry 19
There's no way Stevenson should not get minutes, plain and simple. He's shown enough on both sides of the court, Terry should get most of his minutes backing Kidd up with some minutes at the two...and 29 minutes is a pipe dream for Kidd

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-24-2010 at 11:18 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #54
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Yeah...I think that trade was more about squeezing the last blood out of the turnip than it was about bringing in a Robin.
Definitely. Howard was sucking the life out of the team, and they managed to get 3 decent players for him. Haywood got overpaid in the offseason, but that's what happens with centers. He'll be a reasonable backup center. Stevenson is a nice role player who really should only be a spot player once the team gets everybody healthy. Butler is Jerry Stackhouse, Part Deux, with a big expiring contract that hopefully gets dealt by the deadline.

The most impactful trade this team has made in quite some time is the Chandler trade.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
There's no way Stevenson should not get minutes, plain and simple
It's really true...I mean for goodness sakes if for nothing else you ride him until he quits hitting everything he throws up.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #56
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
There's no way Stevenson should not get minutes, plain and simple. He's shown enough on both sides of the court, Terry should get most of his minutes backing Kidd up with some minutes at the two...and 29 minutes is a pipe dream for Kidd
How many minutes do you want Stevenson to get?

I have Kidd getting 33 mpg.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #57
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Big win for the Mavs...I'm glad the Spurs also won because I want the Mavs to end there streak.

Oh yea...Haywood = Diop
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Chandler/Haywood 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Beaubois 32 - Terry 16
Kidd 29 - Terry 19
I'd be willing to bet that Stevenson takes 10 minutes somewhere. Maybe half from Roddy, half from Jet.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-24-2010 at 11:23 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #59
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It's really true...I mean for goodness sakes if for nothing else you ride him until he quits hitting everything he throws up.
I was talking about what I thought Carlisle would do. If it were up to me, the rotation would look like this with everyone healthy:

Chandler 35 - Haywood 13
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Marion 24 - Butler 18 - Stevenson 6
Beaubois 32 - Terry 6 - Stevenson 10
Kidd 32 - Terry 16

Something like that.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #60
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
How many minutes do you want Stevenson to get?

I have Kidd getting 33 mpg.

Beaubois 28, Stevenson 10, Terry 10
Kidd 33, Terry 15

Like I said, Terry gets most of the minutes as the backup PG. You don't have to extend Stevenson far to be effective, just like he's shown.

I'd be cautious with Roddy first. He's coming back from injury and he's getting real and consistent minutes.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle called this a "great win".

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Big win for the Mavs...I'm glad the Spurs also won because I want the Mavs to end there streak.

Oh yea...Haywood = Diop
screw those spurs...
Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #63
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
I was talking about what I thought Carlisle would do. If it were up to me, the rotation would look like this with everyone healthy:

Chandler 35 - Haywood 13
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Marion 24 - Butler 18 - Stevenson 6
Beaubois 32 - Terry 6 - Stevenson 10
Kidd 32 - Terry 16

Something like that.
I wish but as soon as Roddy does something wrong RC is gonna pull him.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #64
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Beaubois 28, Stevenson 10, Terry 10
Kidd 33, Terry 15

Like I said, Terry gets most of the minutes as the backup PG. You don't have to extend Stevenson far to be effective, just like he's shown.

I'd be cautious with Roddy first. He's coming back from injury and he's getting real and consistent minutes.
I think we're basically on the same page. Hopefully Carlisle agrees.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #65
dude1394
Guru

AS much as everyone thinks roddy is the saviour, he's going to have to show something off the bench before he's a starter...as it should be...
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Chandler/Haywood 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Beaubois 32 - Terry 16
Kidd 29 - Terry 19
If Beaubois is a guy who can play 32 minutes, on this roster, that would say something very, very good about him. I hope so, but I highly doubt it. That's just too many minutes to squeeze out of everyone else. (Unless, of course, he can handle the backup one...but I think that is still a couple years away at least.)

He doesn't need to play 32 to still impact the game in a large way, as Dirk seems to be pining for. He could do that in 20.

As for how I see it playing out, I think Carlisle will maintain a sort of platoon based on matchups. And I think that's not at all a bad thing.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #67
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
76 points in the last 2 games...

in two days

The announcers were so bad that I just turned the stream off and listened to a radio stream of Bob and Mark. Much more enjoyable experience.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If Roddy does move to the starting lineup, Marion needs to move with him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #69
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy wont average 32.

24-28 is more realistic.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #70
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
God, I sure hope so. Rick better be able to see that Roddy/Marion and Terry(and especially Stevenson)/Caron are much better pairings than the other way around.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #71
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I think we're basically on the same page. Hopefully Carlisle agrees.
I can only go off of what he says and Carlisle loves what Stevenson does on and off the court. Carlisle on Stevenson, "He's very businesslike with how he approaches keeping himself ready to play." He values Stevenson's toughness over anything.

You could say, yeah well if that's the case: why didn't get really get minutes in the preseason and etc? Carlisle basically said he already knew what he could expect from Stevenson, so he wanted to see what he's getting from other players.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #72
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not Robin but atleast on JET's level (especially as he has regressed the last few years though he's bounced back this year). He's been a quarter of the offensive threat that JET is.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I agree 100% but it's just a hunch...I really doubt it'd happen, I would be shocked. I think they'd keep Butler to preserve the all campers are happy approach. They already won Marion over with the move to the bench...I don't think Butler will be pleased if it's a long term move.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-24-2010 at 11:37 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I agree 100% but it's just a hunch...I really doubt it'd happen, I would be shocked. I think they'd keep Butler to preserve the all campers are happy approach. They already won Marion over with the move to the bench...I don't think Butler will be pleased if it's a long term move.
Well then I want Stevenson to stay in the startling lineup. There's absolutely no reason to have Dirk, Roddy and Caron on the floor at the same time to start every game. Both Caron and Roddy need to dominate the ball in order to be effective offensively.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #75
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
God, I sure hope so. Rick better be able to see that Roddy/Marion and Terry(and especially Stevenson)/Caron are much better pairings than the other way around.
Kidd
Roddy (IF he can be that efficient ~15PPG scorer)
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

Terry/(some Barea)
Stevenson
Butler
whoever
Haywood

That should be really two solid well working units. And remember the excitement over the Wizard trade and not even a year later every of the three player would be on the bench because there are better starter options...

And yes, Roddy/Marion and Stevenson/Butler should be tag teams, either as starter or as bench player

Last edited by sefant77; 11-24-2010 at 11:42 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #76
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Roddy wont average 32.

24-28 is more realistic.

Yup. He's not going to rob 15 minutes from JET/Kidd so unless we want to go midget all day.. he'll take JJB's 18 and pad it with about 8-10 from JET/Kidd.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Well then I want Stevenson to stay in the startling lineup. There's absolutely no reason to have Dirk, Roddy and Caron on the floor at the same time to start every game. Both Caron and Roddy need to dominate the ball in order to be effective offensively.
That would seem like the appropriate move then. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet on Butler moving to the bench.

It wouldn't even be that big of a change, because Stevenson is the "starter" but he doesn't play heavy minutes, he just sets the table. Any way you slice it, Barea is the odd man out.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
This makes lots of sense. And, watching what Carlisle is doing with lineups this year, you would certainly expect him to have that sort of thing in mind. Maybe it's just me, but I've been very impressed with the way he has managed the rotations so far in this young season.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
This makes lots of sense. And, watching what Carlisle is doing with lineups this year, you would certainly expect him to have that sort of thing in mind. Maybe it's just me, but I've been very impressed with the way he has managed the rotations so far in this young season.
He's "learning" for sure. Butler (tough shots or not) was rolling in the first quarter but the matchups dictated that Marion needed to play and he did.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #80
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been fairly happy with it as well. I do come around more and more each day to thig (and others') idea that Marion should start and Butler off the bench, though.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote