Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Why not? Cleveland had Lebron James TWICE for heaven's sake. Do you think they weren't motivated to try and keep him? They even won one championship with him, but he may have only gone back because he was from Cleveland and felt as if he owed his home town. At least that's the story. The Mavs and Dallas don't have that hometown luxury with Luka.

The Mavs need to get their act together in short order. Luka is going to be a league wide superstar and one of the most marketable players in the NBA. Teams and people will be coming out of the wood work for him. This is very different than how it was with Dirk. He won't be long for Dallas if the Mavs continue on a course of 2nd rate half-assery, and I haven't seen a whole lot out of Dallas in the last 7 years that makes me feel confident that they can make the moves to maximize Luka's opportunity to win and keep him long-term. I'd love to eat crow on this every day for the next two decades, but that's my .02.
Because we don't know him. He could be like Lebron and think the league owes him a ring as the chosen one, or he could be more loyal like Dirk. Dirk wasn't from here but he stayed here.

I do agree that the Mavs need to sort out and build around him at all costs. That said, the Mavs have done anything in their power almost to a fault to help Dirk win another ring. A big part of Dirk staying here is Dirk, the other is Cuban and co and how they treat their guy.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-09-2019 at 10:23 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Without a draft pick most likely and virtually no trade assets it will be pretty difficult to build around him unless we start right now. Throwing together a bunch of has-beens in an effort to just make the POs for the next 2 or 3 years is not a winning strategy in terms of keeping Luka.

LA would be extremely attractive for a young foreign player with superstar potential and he'd probably get to play with a guy he idolizes for a year or so. Plus, LA should be in the PO spotlights again as a serious contender if they sign AD (which I think will happen).
Luka has to turn down a max offer in 2022, play out his QO year to sign with the Lakers in 2023. James turns 39 during that season and AD would be 29 and allready the career leader in trips to the lockerroom...

Now you got Luka four years under contract and every big contract runs out next summer or in 2020, thats a great situation to build around Luka.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-09-2019 at 10:43 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

28 days
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Blowing the dice, ready to roll...

Old 01-10-2019, 07:39 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are too many buyers unfortunately. And guys like Wes, Barnes, and DAJ just don't have much value. BUT...the FO seems to be better at trades than FA so we'll see.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think there are too many buyers unfortunately. And guys like Wes, Barnes, and DAJ just don't have much value. BUT...the FO seems to be better at trades than FA so we'll see.
Too many buyers. Good teams looking to get better, some of them looking to make mentally unstable moves (like Houston trading four first rounders for Butler). Lots of fringe teams like us looking to solidify playoff position.

And the Mavs have almost zero assets.

I'm still hopeful.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Suns and Magic have both called about DSj apparently

Normally I’d be thrilled. Barea makes things tougher

Still, I think we need to trade offense for defense.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-12-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #48
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I do it for M. Bridges in a heartbeat. Josh Jackson probably too. But i dont think the Suns are offering either of them. Or they are trying to attach a Wes-Anderson swap.

Magic? Not sure...could be Bamba if they are locked in to bring Vuje back.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Suns and Magic have both called about DSj apparently

Normally I’d be thrilled. Barea makes things tougher

Still, I think we need to trade offense for defense.
Losing Barea changes nothing -- we're still building beyond this season. If the right deal comes along, you call up Macon, play Wes more at the 2, and let Luka/Brunson/Harris split the ball-handling duties.

I'm interested to see what they're offering, as both teams have plenty of promising young players who might fit in better here the same way DSJ might fit in better there... Or picks (although probably not).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #50
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I do it for M. Bridges in a heartbeat. Josh Jackson probably too. But i dont think the Suns are offering either of them. Or they are trying to attach a Wes-Anderson swap.

Magic? Not sure...could be Bamba if they are locked in to bring Vuje back.
They’d have to add something to Bridges. I like him a lot but DSJ has upside that Bridges lacks.

Bamba would be interesting. If MBT thinks he can stay on the floor on defense come playoff time. Gobert with better lateral movement
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #51
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

People aren't trading anything for Matthews when they know they can just sign him after a buyout. This is Deron Williams 2.0.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

Dont think Cuban is buying him out, he isnt a cheap ass like Sarver. And Wes wont give up millions...
Old 01-13-2019, 12:13 AM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Why would we do a buyout with Wes when we can just let him expire this summer?

Old 01-13-2019, 12:50 AM   #54
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

My trade deadline/offseason wishlist and general thinking:
  • The only untouchable guys on this roster are Luka, Maxi and Brunson. Luka is obvious, and I think Maxi and Brunson are far more valuable to us than they would be to almost anyone else, so for practical purposes I don't think any of those three should be available for trades.
  • My #1 goal between now and the start of next season should be to re-sign Kleber and leverage any of our other assets to try to find two-way wings that we think can be part of our next playoff team. I know a lot of people are aiming higher than Otto Porter Jr, but with out team's track record with elite free agents, I think OPJ would be a good, realistic target. If I could get him for either the widely-speculated Wes/Powell or Barnes straight-up, I do the deal in a second. I hesitate a little more if they're asking for DSJ or even DFS, because I know how important it is to have low-salaried, cost-controlled rotation players on your roster, but I would do Wes/DFS for OPJ if it came down to that.
  • Another potential trade target I'd be super interested in is Mikal Bridges. I think he might end up having the 3rd or 4th-best career out of the entire 2018 draft class. He's already a good player, and I think he has 18ppg on 45/40/80 scoring with All-Defense potential. I flip DSJ for him in a second if that's the kind of deal Phoenix might be interested in.
  • I agree there is value in protecting our 2019 offseason cap space/spending power, but I am still willing to take on 19/20 salary, even if it is for a less-than-perfect fit if it comes with another really good asset. I don't think any of Durant/Kawhi/Kyrie/Klay/Porzingis/Middleton/Tobias Harris signs here, so if I can get a solid rotation guy at the expense of dipping into our space this summer, I'm okay with that. With Luka here, I think we'd be fine making a significant trade and hitting a couple of doubles in free agency. If we can get any of those guys mentioned there though, I agree we should keep our space. But I don't think we'll be anywhere close to the top of any of their lists.
  • Our future bench needs to be built on shooters, wing defenders, and bigs that can play the pick-and-roll effectively. In my ideal world, Luka and Maxi are our starters at PG and C next season, and the three guys in between are all probably not currently on the roster right now, unless Brunson makes a strong case to be the starter next to Luka in the backcourt by the start of next season.

Let's do it
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:25 AM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would we do a buyout with Wes when we can just let him expire this summer?
He requests it to join a contender? Mutual buyout interest? Mavs tried to trade him more than once?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

There is zero chance Wes is bought out

Sadly I think there's a decent chance he's brought back next year
Old 01-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #57
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Sadly I think there's a decent chance he's brought back next year

Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #58
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Don't even worry about it. I'm pretty sure that year 5 after an achilles tear is when a player reeeeally starts to round back into form.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #59
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Don't even worry about it. I'm pretty sure that year 5 after an achilles tear is when a player reeeeally starts to round back into form.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #60
SMC0007
Guru

OPJ is cool and all but I'm much more interested in what Wash wants for Beal.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:46 PM   #61
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Any non-Slovenian Wunderkind is on the block as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:58 PM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Any non-Slovenian Wunderkind is on the block as far as I'm concerned.
Absolutely.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:51 AM   #63
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Beal would be to good to be true.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:02 AM   #64
sefant77
Guru

Wiz can get much better stuff than our non-Luka crap...no Point in talking about Beal
Old 01-14-2019, 05:14 AM   #65
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

It's obvious that getting Luka in the playoffs this year would be huge. The questions simply becomes how much of your future you are willing to sacrifice for it. There are limited players on the market that would achieve both and we are unlikely to get them.

And then there's the Otto Porter's and Tim Hardaway's of the world, that are an upgrade over Wes but overpaid for a complementary piece on a Luka led team. It seems like the FO is constantly looking, but will only pull the trigger on obvious no-brainers, which is the right approach here. In the end four to six additional playoff games this season won't affect Doncic's or the Mavs' future as much. So going "all in" this year could end up foolish.

That said however, I would at least expect some minor deals for pieces that fit better or for "low risk / high reward" flyers.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #66
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
It's obvious that getting Luka in the playoffs this year would be huge.
Dont think its that important, specially if it would be a trashing against the Warriors.

The entire league knows Luka is pretty much a lock for future All-NBA teams. I think making the ASG is more important, because it became a buddy league...so the earlier he is hanging out with other stars, the better....

My pipedream is the Bucks still winning nothing and Giannis joining us in 2021 for the first Euro Superteam

Last edited by sefant77; 01-14-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #67
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dont think its that important, specially if it would be a trashing against the Warriors.

The entire league knows Luka is pretty much a lock for future All-NBA teams. I think making the ASG is more important, because it became a buddy league...so the earlier he is hanging out with other stars, the better....

My pipedream is the Bucks still winning nothing and Giannis joining us in 2021 for the first Euro Superteam
Agree that making the playoffs this year is truly pointless. This years team will look nothing like the one we have in 4 years.

Making the ASG would be huge for Luka. If he makes a few shots and then gets a lot of assists to fun dunks/open threes, I would hope that would make him able to draw other players to Dallas to play with him.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Agree All-Star game over Playoffs. Anyone still have any interest in Aaron Gordon? He's kind of overpaid like Otto, only younger with maybe more upside.

OPJ is playing great btw, without Wall.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #69
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Agree All-Star game over Playoffs. Anyone still have any interest in Aaron Gordon? He's kind of overpaid like Otto, only younger with maybe more upside.

OPJ is playing great btw, without Wall.
I was all about chasing Aaron Gordon as a RFA last summer and would still love to have him... His offensive numbers have regressed a bit this season -- PPG, FGA, FTA, 3PA are down despite his MPG going up, but his 3P%, FT%, and AST have gone up, which seems to indicate that he's comfortable as more of a role player on the offensive end. And even though his scoring average is down, he can still put up points -- he has 20+ in 10 of the 41 games he's played this season, including a 31 point game. That still puts him ahead of Dennis or Wes as a #3 scorer... But it's not his offense that I want, it's his defense. Big or quick, paint to perimeter, he can handle it all (watch: LeBron, Giannis, Kemba).

I'd definitely look at Gordon over a guy like Porter.... Especially if we ended up trading DSJ, since we'd still be getting those high-flying dunks.

EDIT: Plus, Aaron Gordon has a cap-friendly contract that gets smaller each year:

18-19: $21.6m
19-20: $19.8m
20-21: $18.1m
21-22: $16.4m

Last edited by Underdog; 01-14-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Just doesn't seem like a lot of teams want to sell. Orlando seems hell bent on being relevant. They seem like the idea trade partner, but nothing really seems to be stewing. I'd like multiple players on their team, but we really have no idea what an asking price for be for any of them.

Don't think we are going to hear or see much until much closer to the deadline.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #71
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was all about chasing Aaron Gordon as a RFA last summer and would still love to have him... His offensive numbers have regressed a bit this season -- PPG, FGA, FTA, 3PA are down despite his MPG going up, but his 3P%, FT%, and AST have gone up, which seems to indicate that he's comfortable as more of a role player on the offensive end. And even though his scoring average is down, he can still put up points -- he has 20+ in 10 of the 41 games he's played this season, including a 31 point game. That still puts him ahead of Dennis or Wes as a #3 scorer... But it's not his offense that I want, it's his defense. Big or quick, paint to perimeter, he can handle it all (watch: LeBron, Giannis, Kemba).

I'd definitely look at Gordon over a guy like Porter.... Especially if we ended up trading DSJ, since we'd still be getting those high-flying dunks.

EDIT: Plus, Aaron Gordon has a cap-friendly contract that gets smaller each year:

18-19: $21.6m
19-20: $19.8m
20-21: $18.1m
21-22: $16.4m
Good stuff UD, had forgotten about his descending contract. I agree about his defense and he still has room to grow offensively, whereas a guy like Porter is probably close to topped out (though he seems to be handling the increased usage post-Wall just fine). And they are playing Gordon out of position at the 3 a lot due to a glut of bigs and would imagine they want Isaac as the 4 of the future.

I would LOVE to somehow swing a Bamba/Gordon for DSJ/Barnes/filler trade. Barnes value is just low as he's a likely opt out. We could take back Simmons but he has one year 6m left so not so onerous. Adding Wes and Mozgov means we lose 16m for FA.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #72
mac222b
Diamond Member

Would've loved to see them throw $ at Gordon in RFA too. Bet they had gotten word that Orlando was going to match.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #73
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I would LOVE to somehow swing a Bamba/Gordon for DSJ/Barnes/filler trade. Barnes value is just low as he's a likely opt out. We could take back Simmons but he has one year 6m left so not so onerous. Adding Wes and Mozgov means we lose 16m for FA.
Oh man, I'd eat Mozgov for a year to get a core of Luka/Gordon/Bamba, no hesitation... That's worth pushing off our FA pursuits until 2020, especially since that core is far more likely to attract FAs than Luka/Barnes/whatever.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #74
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wiz can get much better stuff than our non-Luka crap...no Point in talking about Beal
Agreed. I like what another poster said that Otto (as expensive as he is) is a realistic target. Really interested to see how this plays out, but I havent been this excited about the (potential) future since 2011.

I cant imagine Wes would be brought back especially considering he hasnt closed out the last two games in crunch time. Hes a great guy and a great teammate but he'd be better off playing with a contender off the bench.

If things stay the way they are with DJ, Id be surprised if the Mavs didnt make a push to re sign him.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:01 PM   #75
lotus5944

lotus5944 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's still possible even though unlikely: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybhrvqf2
lotus5944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus5944 View Post
It's still possible even though unlikely: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybhrvqf2
I'm sure the Wizards would jump all over that deal.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #77
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Someone had written an article a while back that had a good theory imo. It was Washington Dallas Orlando 3 team. Where we give orlando DSJ. Orlando gives Washington Isaac. Washington gives us Beal. That was the main part but obviously Washington got more. Like maybe we take Mozgov from Orlando, Orlando then sends OKC 2020 pick to Washington instead of us. One of either us or orlando take Howard off The wizards and the Wiz get DFS or Kleber as a role player. I don't remember it all but there are options that would allow for a 3 team deal with Washington and Orlando IMO.

Edit- Maybe Vuc was also sent to Washington. I can't remember. But yeah, the dream in't dead yet.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-14-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #78
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Someone had written an article a while back that had a good theory imo. It was Washington Dallas Orlando 3 team. Where we give orlando DSJ. Orlando gives Washington Isaac. Washington gives us Beal. That was the main part but obviously Washington got more. Like maybe we take Mozgov from Orlando, Orlando then sends OKC 2020 pick to Washington instead of us. One of either us or orlando take Howard off The wizards and the Wiz get DFS or Kleber as a role player. I don't remember it all but there are options that would allow for a 3 team deal with Washington and Orlando IMO.

Edit- Maybe Vuc was also sent to Washington. I can't remember. But yeah, the dream in't dead yet.
BOOM!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-league#slide4

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks Receive (after Feb. 5): Bradley Beal, Dwight Howard

Orlando Magic Receive: Sam Dekker, Dennis Smith Jr.

Washington Wizards Receive: Jalen Brunson, Dorian Finney-Smith, Jonathan Isaac, Wesley Matthews, 2019 second-round pick (from Brooklyn, via Orlando), 2020 second-round pick (from Golden State or Houston, via Dallas), 2021 first-round pick (top-five protection, via Dallas)
I love Beal, but that's a bit steep.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-14-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #79
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Yeah that was it. Could make some slight alterations but I'd do it personally.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #80
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Dallas Mavericks are escalating discussions to find a trade for point guard Dennis Smith Jr., league sources tell ESPN. Phoenix and Orlando have engaged in ongoing talks with Mavs. Smith Jr., has sat out three straight games with what team has termed a sore back.

Starting to get interesting....
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote