Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-06-2003, 05:50 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default where to move...buying a house

doc, so sensitive..obviously there have been more things happen to that..like gaining national attention for baseball players skinning a live cat, i believe

koresh was obviously close enough..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2003, 07:49 PM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You are an idiot if you think Waco has more troubles than Dallas, Fort Worth or any of the metroplex areas. A pure and flaming idiot. I'm impressed murph...you found three whole examples and one of them wasn't even here. You are so on top of things. Amazing. Incredible. Idiot.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:50 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
Come on Doc. It's a great house. A perfect starter home. It has carpet, 3 bedrooms, a formal dining room, wood siding. This home has lots of potential.
It's perfect for a jackass I suppose. We can call it "The Corral".
Old 07-07-2003, 10:35 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
well, kg...things keep happening in waco to keep the stereotypes alive
Actually, the only "stereotype" I was referring to was Dooby's joke about "firearms" -- an obvious reference to the Branch Davidians.

But if we are to talk about "iffy happenings", let's talk about each of the ones that you've identified:

1. The Koresh/Davidian fiasco

As Doc correctly pointed out, that actually happened about 25 miles away from Waco. I was living in Central Texas at the time, and no one in the local media reported it as happening in Waco. It was only the national media, which was too lazy to name the actual location and wanted a point of reference -- kind of like when someone says they're from Dallas, when they really live in Addison or Garland or Mesquite. So if we're going to count the Davidian mess as being a strike against Waco, I guess we'll have to count things like the baby suffocating in a bus in Lancaster or the kid locked up in the closet in Terrell for 8 years against the Metroplex.

2. The "cat skinning" incident.

That one actually happened in Waco. Of course, there are plenty of horrific instances of animal abuse/cruelty in the Metroplex, but yeah, I agree. That one incident in Waco really outweighs them all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

3. The Patrick Dennehy story.

This really is nothing more than a missing person/murder investigation. These go on every day in the Metroplex. The only reason this one is getting so much press is that it's a basketball player. If it were an average student or even an average attorney in Waco [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], it wouldn't have even seen the light of day in the national news.

In short, Waco may be many things, but one thing is certain: it's a lot safer (and saner) place to live than the Metroplex.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:57 AM   #45
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Back on topic...

Have you found a house Murph?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 12:19 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

actually going to look at a house later today.. well, unless the REA cancels cancels on me.. which i don't see happening.

It's a lovely 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 living, study, 2.5 bathroom, red brick home with a gazebo and a pool in back... i think it has a gazebo, but i could be thinking of a different home..
Old 07-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #47
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: where to move...buying a house

cool and I hope it works out for you, but if you move into my neighberhood murph, I am soooooo goign to T.P. your house on a weekly basis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:51 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

It's near Beach Street..technically in Fort Worth but in the Keller School district
Old 07-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #49
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Ohhhh I am sooo goign to TP your house now. I live just north of Beach and n tarrant.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-08-2003, 09:11 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

well..there's two in the area that I'm looking at..both are in that little fort worth section that is part of KISD
Old 07-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Beach Street, Ugh. Depending on what area you are talking about it can range from decent to shithole. I used to work for Tandy who was headquartered on Beach back then.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #52
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Beach street is fairly nice once you get north of 820 - I have a couple of friends that live up that way. There have been some nice developments in the last decade also.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:41 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

It used to be really nasty over by the McDuff warehouse. But I do remember some nicer places a short drive from there.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:46 PM   #54
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The whole Fossil Ridge area looks really nice now.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #55
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

I live just north of Fossil Ridge High School at the edge of heritage trace parkway. Its a really nice area and I love it!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 08:10 AM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

doc...beach st as you go south is a bit nasty..

but, it's definitely nice once you get into the keller school district.. probably even a little south of that as well.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #57
Drbio
Banned

I'm sure it has changed for the better since I last roamed that area. Glad to hear it too.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #58
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Did you hear on the news that they found mosquitos in fossil ridge and in Haslet that contained the West Niles Virus. I am soooooo about to stay in my home for the next month.

ugh...

Old 07-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Relax. The West Nile virus is not one that readily is passed on to humans. Sure, you can be exposed, but it is unlikely from what I've read on the subject.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

going to take a look at 6-8 homes this weekend with my realtor....should be fun
Old 07-10-2003, 02:13 PM   #61
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
going to take a look at 6-8 homes this weekend with my realtor....should be fun
Btw, I totally forgot to ask you this. Are you buying a house for the first time? Or do you have a house to sell before moving into the new house you buy? I am asking this because selling a house is a different evil to deal with.