Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-21-2003, 01:12 AM   #41
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Who has the best signature?

How could you change that signature? It is the best U2.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:34 AM   #42
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all
Default RE:Who has the best signature?

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:50 AM   #43
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
The size of the image is what counts for download time. B-Bombers signature is the largest at 255KB (1/4 of 1MB), Mr. Frog's is 57KB and MP's is 22KB.

and thanks for the props smiles. I wanted/almost changed it today when the animated gifs for signatures became in-vogue(you know, to be part of the in-crowd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So U2 your opinion is that size matters? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 09:56 AM   #44
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

My favorite signature belongs to Chiw@s.............[img]i/expression...mall-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 10:15 AM   #45
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

MFFL I found a smaller GIF for ya:

By the way, I am changing my sig as well to:

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:25 AM   #46
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The size of the image is what counts for download time. B-Bombers signature is the largest at 255KB (1/4 of 1MB), Mr. Frog's is 57KB and MP's is 22KB.
I realized something, U2. Even when B-B's is the largest, when it was new, not in my PC's cache, the download of the page didn't stop. The movements of the dancers started after a while, when all the gif got downloaded, but I was able to read the posts before that, then it didn't bother me. Maybe it's a matter of the browser configuration.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:41 AM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
I realized something, U2. Even when B-B's is the largest, when it was new, not in my PC's cache, the download of the page didn't stop. The movements of the dancers started after a while, when all the gif got downloaded, but I was able to read the posts before that, then it didn't bother me. Maybe it's a matter of the browser configuration.
Well you need to understand that an animated gif is basically multiple images that are sequenced together. IE will render the image as it downloads, so that is why you see the first (starting) image before the dancers start moving. It's actually pretty cool how it works.

The itchy and scratchy sig has 12 separate images that make up the animation (as does your kick ass Felix the Cat image) whereas B-B's image is a whopping 82 separate images (that also explains the size discrepancy). SenorFrogs is a modest 36 separate images.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:54 AM   #48
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
SenorFrogs is a modest 36 separate images.
This dude is always modest.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #49
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

and thanks for the props smiles. I wanted/almost changed it today when the animated gifs for signatures became in-vogue(you know, to be part of the in-crowd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So U2 your opinion is that size matters? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well actually yes and no. As I stated above, IE renders gif images as it downloads them so the size of one frame of the animated image is really what matters (when it comes to actually being able to see it).

Now if you are concerned with how long it downloads (whether it be for the sake of time in the case of dialup, or size in the case of download limits that some DSL providers will stick you with) - my viewpoint is that it is time for more of the world to move up to a "broadband" connection (and I say broadband loosely as I don't think DSL/cable can be classified as broadband.... unless comparing it to dialup speeds). Not only will you be experiencing the 'net as it should (as Serf intended, not Licklider - he only created the group that produced arpanet), you will be helping out the economy and a flailing telecom industry (not that I really care about the telecom industry, but it has been in a funk for a while).
Old 11-21-2003, 11:24 AM   #50
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So nice, so considerate of other people's situation. Thank you for your contribution.

Wow. Your signature is great. Everyone should have a signature like that then the board will be about cool signatures rather than basketball talk. We can rename the site cool-signatures.com and everyone can be cool like you.

What a hero.

Wow...didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there Max. I'm sorry, I thought when I selected my emotion, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , that I meant it in tounge and cheek. But I guess that was hard for you to pick that up. I'll be sure and spell that out to you next time Stanley.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #51
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
Quote:
So nice, so considerate of other people's situation. Thank you for your contribution.

Wow. Your signature is great. Everyone should have a signature like that then the board will be about cool signatures rather than basketball talk. We can rename the site cool-signatures.com and everyone can be cool like you.

What a hero.

Wow...didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there Max. I'm sorry, I thought when I selected my emotion, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , that I meant it in tounge and cheek. But I guess that was hard for you to pick that up. I'll be sure and spell that out to you next time Stanley.
What about my feathers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #52
Chiwas
Guru

Any resemblance to a friend of mine is just coincidence.

Old 11-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #53
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
What about my feathers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
do they need to be ruffled?

Ohh..I feel dirty now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]...excuse me
Old 11-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #54
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Edit
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:37 PM   #55
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
Thanks buddy. You are a subtle as a hammer. I caught your emotion but didn't think you meant it. You act like you are pleased that your stupid signature is getting attention. That's what >I< was commenting on.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I feel for you, I really do..

I should have known better than get in a verbal jab with a 12 year old.....
Old 11-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #56
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Is it just me? Am I the only one that feels the LOVE in this thread? [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it just me? Am I the only one that feels the LOVE in this thread? [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]
There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

of course, props to Elton John.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:48 PM   #58
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Max, can I ask why you have your pm's turned off. I would like to discuss this further with you privately than just trashing up this thread with your really bad attempts to make me look bad...thanks
Old 11-21-2003, 06:56 PM   #59
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours.
Just great.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:48 PM   #60
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
Max, can I ask why you have your pm's turned off. I would like to discuss this further with you privately than just trashing up this thread with your really bad attempts to make me look bad...thanks
My pms ARE turned on. Maybe you should contact a moderator and ask for a lesson on how they work. You DID send me the same pm TWENTY-ONE times.

And I can't imagine wanting to have a private conversation with someone as inconsiderate as you.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #61
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, just reading this thread is making my eyes sore...
Old 11-22-2003, 12:13 AM   #62
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

everyone else is doing it...

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:15 AM   #63
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
And if everyone jumped off a cliff I'm sure you'd do that to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 12:20 AM   #64
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
And if everyone jumped off a cliff I'm sure you'd do that to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I would do it too if I knew where to find a cool cartoon.

Old 11-22-2003, 12:24 AM   #65
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Here are some links dallas...

Link 1
Link 2

Enjoy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 12:31 AM   #66
Max Power
Banned

Here are some good ones.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:29 AM   #67
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
how high is the cliff? is there water below? exactly how many other people are jumping?

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:14 AM   #68
LRB
Guru

The cliff is 100 feet tall, there is no water below, but beer instead. Only two people are jumping, but it's Mad and Evil so you'd better hurry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 01:44 PM   #69
Max Power
Banned

Who is this Cliff that you all are jumping off of? And what were you doing on him in the first place?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 01:47 PM   #70
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Who is this Cliff that you all are jumping off of? And what were you doing on him in the first place?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Huxtable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 01:55 PM   #71
Chiwas
Guru

Maybe not the best signature, but Male22Dan has a very well-timed one:

Politicians and diapers need to be changed........... For the same reason!

Edit: In Mexico it applies pretty well. Althoug the new "diapers" come with their own "content" or get it very quick.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #72
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay, okay Chiwas.... I think I know why you dug this one up...

Your's is pretty okay... I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 02:00 PM   #73
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Chiwas... I thought it definitely would ring true for a while!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #74
Chiwas
Guru

twelli's immediately became one of my favorites:

Good luck on the road, Mavs!

Old 03-19-2004, 11:10 AM   #75
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

OP has an interesting signature............I'm just not sure what he's referring to................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:25 AM   #76
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Sure you don't.....[img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #77
Caliente
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Sure you don't.....[img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]..............I thought you meant ice cream cones...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

aint she innocent.....or is she just playing coy......hummm

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #79
Caliente
Diamond Member

I am as innocent as you are sike...........................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 01:11 PM   #80
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

then you were just playing coy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote