Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Game Day Thread- Mavs Vs Jazz

Jamison, Jamison, Jamison. He just isn't hitting it. I'm not sure if coming off the bench is the right role for him. I want to see some plays ran for him just to get him going. He is getting the shots just isn't hitting them. Delk isn't shooting well which may explain why he shot 41 percent last year but that guy is a hard nosed type player. Hustles for everything.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #42
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
am i the only one having severe problems with the site?
i am not having any problems so far....
Old 11-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Game Day Thread- Mavs Vs Jazz

Jamison can't buy one. I forgot about these lapses he has.

Delk is our leading rebounder with 5.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Delk is exciting to watch. His commitment to D is refreshing. And I was pumped when he nailed the 3....

I like this guy...
Old 11-01-2003, 09:34 PM   #45
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Does Delk take the honors of being our best defensive player? I think so. I wondered why did Nellie start him these last two games. It seems that he believes he is our "defensive stopper" in our starting lineup. Then I thought about it and we really don't have that defensive stopper we have had in the past. It seems that Delk is that guy and is doing a great job. I know it's only been 3 games so far but does anyone else see us passing the ball alot better? When Walker is in the game i've seen nice passes from Dirk, Nash, Best, Fin, and Jamison.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #46
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

After scoring 11 in the first quarter, Finley has barely played in the second quarter! Why doesn't Nelson play the hot hands? Delk has played well but Fin should be in.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #47
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not sure what I think of Delk starting. It means Fin (sf) and Dirk (c) will play out of position. Delk reminds me of Bobby Jackson. Comes off the bench and gives you a little bit of everything.

I can't remember now. Did Sacramento let Delk go or did they trade him?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #48
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie is gelling our team. Familiarity breeds championships. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #49
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Great first half - no Fortson at all.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:39 PM   #50
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

I think they just failed to resign him.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:39 PM   #51
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
After scoring 11 in the first quarter, Finley has barely played in the second quarter! Why doesn't Nelson play the hot hands? Delk has played well but Fin should be in.

Nellie does this all the time. I guess this is what Nellie means when he says he wants to cut Fin's minutes down. He is going to play the majority of the 2nd half so I guess taking him out of the 2nd is how he is going to cut Fin's minutes. I've noticed that he does this but he usually puts fin in like 2 minutes before the end of the first half.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:39 PM   #52
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
..but plenty of Bradley. That bodes well for the W column! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #53
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Ohhh, flagrant foul on Bell? Is Nash ok?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #54
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Nice first half. Delk has been impressive defensively. Three steals so far. Glad to see Jamison hit that last one, just to bring up his confidence level. Fin's shot is back!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #55
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Raja came down on him under the basket. Nash is fine.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #56
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm still not sure what I think of Delk starting. It means Fin (sf) and Dirk (c) will play out of position. Delk reminds me of Bobby Jackson. Comes off the bench and gives you a little bit of everything.

I personally like him coming off the bench with Jamison. Possibly Bradley starting maybe?

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #57
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
He seemed fine.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #58
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Does Delk take the honors of being our best defensive player? I think so. I wondered why did Nellie start him these last two games. It seems that he believes he is our "defensive stopper" in our starting lineup. Then I thought about it and we really don't have that defensive stopper we have had in the past. It seems that Delk is that guy and is doing a great job. I know it's only been 3 games so far but does anyone else see us passing the ball alot better? When Walker is in the game i've seen nice passes from Dirk, Nash, Best, Fin, and Jamison.
I'm beginning to understand the reason why Nellie starts Delk. The only thing I see that might be wrong about this is that Jamison seems lost right now. I hope he can adapt to a role where he's coming of the bench like in college. I like the way Delk is attacking the basket.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #59
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Great 1st half by the Mavs. Can see lots of improvement. See see some mistakes, but boy do we look better. Really great finish to the half as well. I was so psyched for Jamision getting that last basket and foul.

Best part of the half though was no Fortson!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #60
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

I didn't see why they called the flagrant. It could've been called a foul and I wouldn't have complained at all. He just went for the block but sort of him Nash on his head and shoulder. Nash has took harder hits taking charges.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #61
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
..but plenty of Bradley. That bodes well for the W column! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bradley has had zero impact on the game so far. He didn't play the second quarter and our defense was outstanding.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #62
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't see why they called the flagrant. It could've been called a foul and I wouldn't have complained at all. He just went for the block but sort of him Nash on his head and shoulder. Nash has took harder hits taking charges.
It was the SECOND hack that got the flagrant. Bell hacked once at the ball but hacked a second time at Nash's arms.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #63
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Bradley did play the second quarter actually.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #64
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Looks like the fans might be eating some chalupas tonight.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #65
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Great 1st half by the Mavs. Can see lots of improvement. See see some mistakes, but boy do we look better. Really great finish to the half as well. I was so psyched for Jamision getting that last basket and foul.

You can sort of see the Mavs starting to gel a bit. I personally see it in the passing. Sort of reminds me of the Kings last season. I figured that a home game would bring this team together a bit but they look good out there. Alot of open shots for Stevenson though. But that can be 1 or 2 things. Either the Mavs don't trust Stevenson's jumper(which they shouldn't) or they just are that bad on the perimeter.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #66
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Last few seconds of the quarter is all.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #67
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Mavs lead 56-44 at the half.

Finley (17) 4-5, 1-2, 2-2, 11pts, 2rbs, 1as, 1to

Walker (16) 2-5, 2-3, 6pts, 2rbs, 1to

Dirk (17) 5-6, 1-1, 1-1, 12pts, 3rbs, 2as, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

Delk (15) 2-6, 1-2, 3-4, 8pts, 5rbs, 2as, 3stls

Nash (18) 3-9, 0-4, 4-4, 10pts, 2rbs, 4as, 1to

Jamison (16) 1-7, 0-1, 1-1, 3pts, 4rbs, 2as, 1stl

Bradley (3) 1-2, 2pts, 1rb, 1stl

Best (6) 1-2, 2pts, 1as

Najera (12) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb, 1stl

Just looking at the stats, it's good to see the Mavs look better.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #68
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

22 pts in the paint for the Mavs vs 10 for Utah. That's a great stat. The Mavs look like they are jelling.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #69
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, oik see I missed that. I was wondering why they called it because Bell didn't do anything but go for the ball but no question he did foul.

It was the SECOND hack that got the flagrant. Bell hacked once at the ball but hacked a second time at Nash's arms.

1996-2005
Old 11-01-2003, 09:49 PM   #70
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Since Howard is out for tonights game, I'd like to see Daniels get some minutes in the second half.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:49 PM   #71
mavs413
Golden Member

Mavs should win the second half BIG. Stevenson stopped hitting his shots and we started pulling away and ended the half with a good run.
Chalupas!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:49 PM   #72
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

You can sort of see the Mavs starting to gel a bit. I personally see it in the passing. Sort of reminds me of the Kings last season. I figured that a home game would bring this team together a bit but they look good out there. Alot of open shots for Stevenson though. But that can be 1 or 2 things. Either the Mavs don't trust Stevenson's jumper(which they shouldn't) or they just are that bad on the perimeter.
Agree about the jelling FFM. And about Stevenson I think that it is a little of Mavs wanting Stevenson to take the jumper and a little of bad D. It will take this team much longer to jell defensively than offensively. But there is noticable improvement on both sides of the ball IMO.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:50 PM   #73
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:
....and he got a bucket. 22 minutes, that's all I ask. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 09:50 PM   #74
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Since Howard is out for tonights game, I'd like to see Daniels get some minutes in the second half.

Chalupa hero maybe?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:50 PM   #75
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Gotta love all those steals.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #76
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:

....and he got a bucket. 22 minutes, that's all I ask. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'll cut Nellie some slack on Shawn minutes if Shawn isn't 100% healthy, but I would like to see Shawn get some meaningful minutes. He did in the 1st half and I'm happy.

Old 11-01-2003, 09:54 PM   #77
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, in three minutes of play..i guess you can't ask bradley to do more

i think delk played some solid ball..but it's just another small ball lineup.
against lesser teams, you can get away with it
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:55 PM   #78
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

let's get this second half started! go fin!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

is it now obvious why you dont' want dirk at center for heavy minutes?

....with the mavs allowing alot of players to the rim, the centers will get in alot of foul trouble...good to have 4 on ya early in the 3rd dirk
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #80
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

yeah, i agree murph. that foul on dirk hurts a lot. our center rotation makes me very, very nervous. i don't want to have to rely on fortson, an injured bradley, and dirk.