Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #41
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Tracking Chad Hutchinson

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
How the hell did we win 10 games last year?
4 words:

Big Bill

Smoke 'n' Mirrors

(is that 4 1/2?)
Old 05-05-2004, 08:59 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Defense should take the majority of the credit.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #43
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Tracking Chad Hutchinson

Hutchinson throws 2 TD passes in NFL Europe

11:55 PM CDT on Sunday, May 9, 2004

Associated Press

DUESSELDORF, Germany – Mike Shafer kicked two second-half field goals and Chad Hutchinson threw two scoring passes to lead the Rhein Fire to a 20-13 victory over the Amsterdam Admirals in NFL Europe on Sunday.

Shafer kicked a 20-yard field goal in the third quarter and converted a 36-yarder in the fourth quarter.

Hutchinson threw a 48-yard scoring pass to Shockmain Davis, and a 22-yard TD pass to Willie Quinnie, all in the first quarter.

Hutchinson completed 20 of 27 passes for 263 for the Fire (3-3).

Silvio Diliberto kicked field goals of 24 and 25 yards for Amsterdam (2-4), and Gibran Hamdan completed 7 of 13 passes for 146 yards and one touchdown.

Also for the Admirals, Clint Stoerner completed 11 of 18 passes for 122 yards
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:32 AM   #44
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Game 5 - Amsterdam Admirals vs. Rhein Fire

Attempts- 27
Completions- 20
Yards - 263
Sacks - 3 (21 yards)
TD's - 2
Long - 48
Int's - 0
Fumbles - 0
Rating - 129.1
Old 05-10-2004, 10:45 AM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Get ready for #7 to make a comeback!

Quincy, watch your back. You've got two backups much more talented than you who would like nothing better than to ensure your career finally comes to it's long overdue demise.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see where Chad's training camp reps are going to come from. Love him or hate him, Quincy comes in as the starter, Henson will get his reps as the QB of the future and they're probably going to sign Vinney on 6/1. On top of all that, Parcells talked about how well Romo is doing this summer. The way I see it, Chad is just playing to improve his trade value. Maybe San Fran will bite since Ken Dorsey is their current starter.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #47
madape
Diamond Member

dirno - Quincy has the upper hand, but by no means does he have the job won. Parcells will let them all compete for the job in training camp. This is bad news for Quincy since he will clearly be the least talented of all five QBs in camp. It could mean his job.

Vinny will be brought here to be the backup, not the third string. The battle will be between Quincy and Hensen for the starting job, with the loser being relegated to third string. I think both Hensen and the Cowboys would be fine with seeing Drew accept that role for a year. I don't think Quincy would accept it, and I don't think the Cowboys would particularly like to have Quincy stick around after losing his job. The last thing we want is for QB allegiances to divide our team. If Hensen beats out Quincy for the starting job, I advocate cutting Carter and letting Romo and Hutch fight it out for the third string.

After hearing nothing but incredibly good things about Hensen, I think this is a very realistic possibility.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:37 AM   #48
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I'm sure Henson looks good throwing in shorts without a pass rush. Is there a more useless way to evaluate a QB? I don't think there's any way that he sees the field this season. At least I hope he doesn't because if he does we're in bad shape.

Quincy took his demotion like a man last time. He continued to work hard and he was not a dividing force in the room. There is no evidence to suggest that he would be a cancer if he loses his job.

Now lets look at pure reps in camp and in practice. Quincy goes into camp as the established starter so he probably gets at least 50% of the reps. I agree that Vinny will be brought in as the backup so he has to get the necessary reps to allow him to learn the offense and be ready to play. I just don’t see how that leaves enough reps for two more QB’s to battle it out for the 3rd team job.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #49
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just don’t see how that leaves enough reps for two more QB’s to battle it out for the 3rd team job.
2 QB's (Romo, Hutchinson) plus Henson......3 QB' for the #3 slot.........if Carter is your starter, and Vinny your backup.
Personally I don't like the Carter 1, Vinny 2 idea, but that is just my opinion.

I am like you, and don't see enough reps for the 3,4,5 people though. Some of them have to go.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The cowboys could carry 4 if they pick up Vinny
Old 05-10-2004, 12:46 PM   #51
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

lets conveniently ignore the fact that hutch put up his numbers against the WORST team in the NFLE.

hell, when qcar posted his career setting numbers, it was against the detroit lions. granted they were the worst team in the NFL. but its still not the stinkin NFLE.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #52
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
lets conveniently ignore the fact that hutch put up his numbers against the WORST team in the NFLE.

hell, when qcar posted his career setting numbers, it was against the detroit lions. granted they were the worst team in the NFL. but its still not the stinkin NFLE.
So, a NFLE team vs the Lions , anyone giving odds ? ? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

Let's also not conveniently ignore the fact that hutch is playing with NFLE talent on his team. There's two sides to that, Aex.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:44 PM   #54
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:

Let's also not conveniently ignore the fact that hutch is playing with NFLE talent on his team. There's two sides to that, Aex.

thats true but so are the other QB's. it still doesn't excuse the fact that he is 2nd to last in the league in td's and last in the league in fumbles.

his time here as a cowboy is done. if we can even salvage a 6th rd pick for him, it will be fantastic. that said, i cant wait for henson to mature (football wise) quickly enough to get on the field. i cant wait to see a 10 yrd slant or 20 yrd out pass hit the receiver in stride without some kind of goofy wobble.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

They might not be done.

He also only has 2 interceptions and is 4th in the NFLE despite not throwing alot of TD's. Have you watched many of the games? It reminds me alot of Troy Aikman's first couple of years in Dallas. There's absolutely not protection. And please, do not compare the cowboys' line of the late 80's and into the very early 90's to anything that Quincy has had. There is no comparison.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #56
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
They might not be done.

He also only has 2 interceptions and is 4th in the NFLE despite not throwing alot of TD's. Have you watched many of the games? It reminds me alot of Troy Aikman's first couple of years in Dallas. There's absolutely not protection. And please, do not compare the cowboys' line of the late 80's and into the very early 90's to anything that Quincy has had. There is no comparison.

i've watched a couple of his games. and the reason he's only thrown 2 int's is mostly due to the fact that he fumbles the ball away or his complete lack of pocket presence results in sacks.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:41 PM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
They might not be done.

i've watched a couple of his games. and the reason he's only thrown 2 int's is mostly due to the fact that he fumbles the ball away or his complete lack of pocket presence results in sacks.
I would say that it probably has more to do with the complete jail breaks that the offensive line gives up. But, Hutch also has a problem with holding on to the ball.

So, do you want a QB that has little pocket presence and can't throw the ball or a QB that has the same lack of pocket presence and fumbles too often?

Personally, I see absolutely no hope for Carter. I see just slightly more for Hutch. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for Hutch to say that I think he has a slightly better chance of succeeding at the QB level than Carter. It's like saying that I think Benji Molina has a better chance to steal more bases this season than Larry Parrish did in his 15th season.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #58
madape
Diamond Member

Cowboys | Hutchinson Named NFLE Offensive Player of Week - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 13:51:52 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys QB Chad Hutchinson has been named NFL Europe Offensive Player of the Week for his performance Sunday, May 9, in the Rhein Fire's 20-13 win over the Amsterdam Admirals. Hutchinson completed 20 of 27 attempts for 263 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions for a 129.1 passer rating.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #59
madape
Diamond Member

Old 05-17-2004, 10:00 AM   #60
madape
Diamond Member

Hutch once again lead the NFLE in passing.

Passing: C.Hutchinson (RHE) 26-42-305 1TD 1INT

These numbers were against the Berlin Thunder, arguably the best team in the league.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #61
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he (Chutch) continues to do well, and keeps on increasing his trade value.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #62
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope he plays well enough to fix the mental funk he has been in. That could be more important than trade value.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

The one interception was a dropped pass.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #64
madape
Diamond Member

What do you think Quincy's trade value is these days? A rotten fish? A bucket of poop? What?
Old 05-17-2004, 06:02 PM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
What do you think Quincy's trade value is these days? A rotten fish? A bucket of poop? What?
A bag of urine.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #66
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:

These numbers were against the Berlin Thunder, arguably the best team in the league.
once again one more fumble.

if this were flag football, hutch would be your first pick in the draft. but its not, and he STILL can't hang onto the ball. if we can get a 7th for this guy, it will be a miracle.

at this point he's no better than 3rd string on most NFL teams with the exception of maybe the cardinals.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:36 PM   #67
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:

once again one more fumble.

if this were flag football, hutch would be your first pick in the draft. but its not, and he STILL can't hang onto the ball. if we can get a 7th for this guy, it will be a miracle.

at this point he's no better than 3rd string on most NFL teams with the exception of maybe the cardinals.

Just as a question? What QB on the Cowboys wouldn't be a 3rd stringer on most NFL teams except the Cardinals? ?

Old 05-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #68
Drbio
Banned

Drew Henson.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #69
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Whatever Hutch's value is times it by 10 then you have your answer.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #70
Drbio
Banned

0 x 10 = 0.....as in nothing...nada...bag of piss....bucket of poop...yada yada yada....
Old 05-18-2004, 05:10 PM   #71
Drbio
Banned

.....and nothing more than that...as a bucket of poop is a very high standard and goal for Qshitty.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #72
dirno2000
Diamond Member

It always comes back to Quincy
Old 05-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #73
madape
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
It always comes back to Quincy
Let's just hope Quincy doesn't come back...again.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #74
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Drew Henson.
I hope you are right.... But, since he has been out of football for so long, I would expect him to be a 3rd stringer for this year on any team in the NFL (except maybe the Cardianals)

Old 05-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose some people never bore of kicking the local dogs around, but my goodness, have a look around the rest of the league. There's so much more that you could kick around out there. The level of QB play on the whole is pretty sad.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:45 AM   #76
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
The level of QB play on the whole is pretty sad.
Agreed......are the defenses getting better, or the QB's getting worse? ?

Old 05-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #77
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
0 x 10 = 0.....as in nothing...nada...bag of piss....bucket of poop...yada yada yada....
That would be correct if Carter equaled 0 but he doesn't so try again.

1996-2005
Old 05-19-2004, 04:39 PM   #78
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Wow. Such an intellectually stimulating retort. I almost pulled out my thesaurus. That has to rank right up there with "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" and "Well....oh yeah?" ... in terms of quality responses.

Qshitty is a spare on his best day. Nothing more.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #79
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Wow. Such an intellectually stimulating retort. I almost pulled out my thesaurus. That has to rank right up there with "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" and "Well....oh yeah?" ... in terms of quality responses.

Qshitty is a spare on his best day. Nothing more.

Why did you almost have to pull out a thesaurus? I tried to make my post simple enough for you to understand. I was just simply trying to help you out. You have it in your head that Quincy is nothing and I thought i'd inform you that he is more than nothing. Doesn't matter though because hopefully are future qb is Drew Henson and we can take the hit on Hutch and take it as a failure.

1996-2005
Old 05-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The good doctor has a serious case of Qhate. Do yourself the favor of not expecting anything objective out of him when it comes to the Cowboys quarterback.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote